Thread: New to the subscription.

New to the subscription.

2013 will be the first year that I subscribe and I'm sure there are great threads on how to go about it so please tell me I'm a &"%+*! or direct me.
    In, oh let's say January there are two club figures - Netossa and Ram Man, no bonus figures. So all I have to do then is nothing, right? Both are club so therefore both are included in the sub?
    In april I automatically get Snake Face but have to buy the Fighting Foe Men 3-pack seperately?
    I thought I remebered hearing something about new rules for the 2013 subs along the lines of having the opportunity to include bonus figures in the sub and get them all in one smack. Am I wrong?
    Thanks!
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

The Fighthing Foe Men are part of the sub. Everything you've seen so far, with the exception of Strobo, who is a travelling con exclusive, is in the sub. Anything else announced outside of the sub such as weapons paks, will be available on a kind of Pre-order basis, called Early Access. But no, FFM are in!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

It's real easy to keep track, because every month Matty posts the upcoming figures on their own site as well as all of the toy news sites that post it. The Cub Eternia figures are all shown with a Club Eternia logo. Easy as pie.

I really wish the Fighting Foe Men were optional. I dont want them and don't want to go through the process of selling them on eBay lol.
    MattOnDemand.com
    Because even your web browser wants me.

Nobody puts Bautista in the corner.

Just sit back and let the figures roll in.

im a new sub guy too--so the figures come a week early before the day of sale?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    im a new sub guy too--so the figures come a week early before the day of sale?
    Depends on your location. For me personally, they ship about 3-4 days early and arrive maybe a day before most DOS orders do.

The main (and still only) perk of the sub is "securing" you most of the figures without a WSOD battle. And $2 off each.

Count me in as a new subscriber too! So far, this is my understanding of how it's going to work...

1. Around the 10th, I'll be charged for my sub figures and they should be mailed out a few days before the online sale date. Chances are, they'll be in transit (Relaxing in Sparks, NV) on the day that DOS buyers are placing their orders. At best, they might show up at my home by the time DOS buyers get their shipping notice.

2. I'm guessing that Early Access will open around the 12th or so. At this time, only Strobo has been announced to be out of the sub and he won't show up until the second half of the year. It'll be interesting to see how many other out-of-sub items show up for 2013.

Right now, the only variable I'm unsure of is how my stuff will ship out. I have a couple of subs and I have a feeling that each set of Netossa & Ram Man will ship separately in January. Hopefully, the My Subs page will allow me to combine everything into a single shipment for the rest of the year.

Of course, I'm also excited about the surprise announcement at NYTF in February...I'm sure my wallet won't so happy about it, though, heheh!

Quote Originally Posted by MattOnDemand View Post
    I really wish the Fighting Foe Men were optional. I dont want them and don't want to go through the process of selling them on eBay lol.
    For some reason I like to think of them as being a group under Zodac or part of the Cosmic Enforcers.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    For some reason I like to think of them as being a group under Zodac or part of the Cosmic Enforcers.
    At least based on their reveals, and of course for me as always, final judgement come at review time, when Pixel Dan either convinces me or turns me away from a figure....many times, Mattel should thank him for giving my money to them. I plan to keep the Foe Men, I kind of like them, but they will likely stay MIB in my display.

At least I'll get something from an Attack Trak....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Right now, the only variable I'm unsure of is how my stuff will ship out. I have a couple of subs and I have a feeling that each set of Netossa & Ram Man will ship separately in January. Hopefully, the My Subs page will allow me to combine everything into a single shipment for the rest of the year.
    As long as you ordered both subs at the same time, they will ship together. Multiple shipping costs has been the worst thing about Matty's direct-to-consumer process. If they were to ship seperately, that would be an extra $12 on top of the $122 you (and I) are looking at come the 10th. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I see them as background fillers. Which is a good thing really. That poor TG PG can't be the only constant casuality in every battle. Lol.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    It's real easy to keep track, because every month Matty posts the upcoming figures on their own site as well as all of the toy news sites that post it. The Cub Eternia figures are all shown with a Club Eternia logo. Easy as pie.
    Not always. In the Granamyr announcement, they labeled him as a Club Eternia figure...

Could be confusing to those sub holders who aren't up-to-date on all the new releases.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

In all honesty, I am looking forward to the FFM. They're expensive, only being $5 less than Granamyr, but I've got plenty of time to make sure I have the monies in my account for them. I think a lot fans would be less critical if they'd have dumped the lady and maybe gone with a Wind Raider pilot instead, or threw the WR pilot in and made it a four-pack at the same price. Or perhaps knocked $15 off the price, and charged the set at $60, like the Star Sisters. That said, the figures look good, and I agree that PD's review, when samples are sent out, will swing it one way or the other for fans. I don't expect the set to shift many day of sales, though. It's not like loads of us were ever really pining for figures of these obscure box art characters.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    In all honesty, I am looking forward to the FFM. They're expensive, only being $5 less than Granamyr, but I've got plenty of time to make sure I have the monies in my account for them. I think a lot fans would be less critical if they'd have dumped the lady and maybe gone with a Wind Raider pilot instead, or threw the WR pilot in and made it a four-pack at the same price. Or perhaps knocked $15 off the price, and charged the set at $60, like the Star Sisters. That said, the figures look good, and I agree that PD's review, when samples are sent out, will swing it one way or the other for fans. I don't expect the set to shift many day of sales, though. It's not like loads of us were ever really pining for figures of these obscure box art characters.
    I think most peoples complaints with the three packs is they are full figure cost, not a discounted price (on the individual level) like was traditionally done. What makes the three packs worse is they are mostly retools, or in the case of Star Sisters pretty bland looking.

From my looking around Rotor Driver is the most well liked, and Talon Fighter Driver being the least (but still having his fans). Also many fans are looking forward to them as alternatives to the actual vehicles themselves.

I will most likely get them to do with what I said, have them be part of the Cosmic Enforcers maybe a group being trained by Zodac.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

This is my first time around with the subs as well. Actually, I got two. Im really hoping I ordered them at the same time so I don't get stuck with the extra shipping as mentioned above...I honestly can't remember if I did or not.