Thread: Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

Hybrid View

Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

$80 is too steep for me on this one, pass.
    Last edited by Dr. Smith; December 9, 2012 at 01:46pm.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Yep. No desire/space/money for this in my world. Looks cool but all over the meh for me.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Yep. No desire/space/money for this in my world. Looks cool but all over the meh for me.
    You saved my words bro !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I want him but I have to pass for now. Granamyr is one expensive item I can not affort before christmas.

Including taxes and shipment to germany, he is somewhere around 160-170 USD. I'll get him in march or april from ebay.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I am broke... but I want it so bad that I am financing it through a generous third party.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm passing. I never really cared much for him and even if I was a completist, $80 is expensive. Also, I'd have to pay shipping twice making him more expensive.

Definitely on the fence...great figure, but pretty expensive for something I might only have a fleeting interest in. Add in the fact that the shipment won't be on time, and that puts me more in the 'no' camp. I don't want my Procrustus delayed b/c I order granamyr with it.
    But damn, it's a really nice figure.

#firstworldproblems

I'll be passing on it, simply because I have no room for it. I've got a Brave Maximus sitting under my desk because I don't have room for a 24" figure. I'll save my $80 plus s/h on Granny.

Im getting him 2 in fact
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'll just be getting one. Usually I buy two of every MOTUC figure but he is too big and expensive (especially with international shipping plus customs duty).
    I suppose he will sell very poorly. There's also Procrustus so December is an expensive month already. I don't know about everyone else but I'm also already starting to save up for Castle Grayskull as it is insanely expensive if you live in Europe.
    Awesome sticker included!

I figure this guy will be first on the hey look random sale block. Look for him to be 15 to 30% off somewhere down the line. At least with all the passing we are doing those who want him badly should be good come next week
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I'm definitely getting him, he is a great figure and for some reason I just can't pass on anything Matty sells. I got my hover board today from my dos order ... I love mattycollector !

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't care that he can't stand up, he sits almost all the time when he's represented, plus see what being the larger equivalent of the 700lb man is....and you try to stand up and stay standing. He may be a lot of money, but he's very well done and I actually love his detail, I will reserve my final, final judgement for Pixel Dan's review as always, unless he doesn't get to do one. But with no sub, nothing else to buy in Dec, and my typical monthly toy budget of around $50 - $80 +/- intact, I can safely say I can afford Granny, and another final decider will be shipping, if not it's Mosquitor alone, as I have no use for a one off $44 Mini Comic character, at least Granamyr has some nostalgia to me being in Filmation a few times, and pretty much being what those episodes were completely about. Viking Helmet and all.
    I was just trying the "subtle" approach to infect the haters minds with Granamanyia.

Can't speak for why folks wouldn't want him based on size either. We have a mountain of normal figs now and with the end on the horizon and most of core characters have been taken care of, there's suddenly no room to put him? I don't know if I can agree with that.

To those internationals who are getting slammed with extra costs, would ebay allieviate some of this? It might be an indirect way to get you a discount (especially if the ebayer hasn't factored in the crazy shipping) . Unlikely, but who knows?

As for the rest of you Non-Granamyrians, suit yourselves! That just means less folks to compete with for the first in-stock shipments.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I was just trying the "subtle" approach to infect the haters minds with Granamanyia.

Can't speak for why folks wouldn't want him based on size either. We have a mountain of normal figs now and with the end on the horizon and most of core characters have been taken care of, there's suddenly no room to put him? I don't know if I can agree with that.

To those internationals who are getting slammed with extra costs, would ebay allieviate some of this? It might be an indirect way to get you a discount (especially if the ebayer hasn't factored in the crazy shipping) . Unlikely, but who knows?

As for the rest of you Non-Granamyrians, suit yourselves! That just means less folks to compete with for the first in-stock shipments.
    The problem I've found with ebay is that either the seller is in the US and tracked shipping is very expensive, plus they want to cover their original shipping cost or the seller is in the UK and they want to cover their costs shipping/customs etc plus sellers want to make a bit extra. As such, generally the cheapest way tends to be via Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    The problem I've found with ebay is that either the seller is in the US and tracked shipping is very expensive, plus they want to cover their original shipping cost or the seller is in the UK and they want to cover their costs shipping/customs etc plus sellers want to make a bit extra. As such, generally the cheapest way tends to be via Matty.
    How about for used/opened items? It's alot slower to collect that way but are the lower costs worth it?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I pass on Granamyr. I rather save the money for Grayskull and/or a green version.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    How about for used/opened items? It's alot slower to collect that way but are the lower costs worth it?
    The only loose items I've purchased are the BA Faker and Blue Mer-man from the DCUC packs but these weren't really typical items - still got them for a decent price though.

Opened figs will usually be cheaper but like you said there is the wait to factor in and a bit more risk involved in what you are getting.

From what happened at the Matty sale last week I reckon if you are willing to play the waiting game a lot of the non-sub items will show up reduced. What really got me was the Great unrest weapons pack getting a reduction 2 weeks after I'd purchased it! As such I'm not going to jump on everyhting straight away this next year.