Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

Heroic Warrior
    It will be the first Classics item that I pass on, I wouldn't of bought the star sisters but with the sub I got them. I just don't think the figure is cool enough to warrant an $80 price tag. If it was in the $40-$50 range I might not be passing it up. I kinda want to be a completist but can't pull the trigger on him.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I considered passing on him, because he isn't green, but I'm still getting one. Wish they would have split the run 2/3 red and 1/3 green for those of us who wanted the mini comics version.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Unfortunately yes. Finances at this time do not allow me to pick this up right now
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Too expensive for this time of year!

If it had been released last month or Oct, I probably would've bought him. I also would have preferred a green version.
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

He will be a Christmas present this year from the Mrs. but the price tag is really high. 2013 should be a cheaper year tho for figures overall, so that will save me some cash. I can see lots of folks passing on him, but I can't see Matty selling him for much cheaper in the future. CG is what I still haven't pulled the trigger on... that is crazy priced... but I know I will get it b4 the deadline!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Not a sub holder, but passing anyway. I spent $250 on BF/CM, so I'm just about done financially on toys for myself. There will be an exception for Mosquitor though.

Been waiting 30+ years for a Granamyr, I'm not going to pass on it now.

BRING HIM ON!!!

Thought I was getting him. But buying too many vintage MOC figures right now. I will buy him when he goes half off.

I will likely by buying Granamyr, I have no sub until next month, then I'll have to decide on out of sub things....hopefully they balance it out on the non quarterly months for those things....and none on the Foe Men month. Single figure $25 months will be fine if there is something extra like another figure, but on the $50 - $100 quarterly months....that's a bit much to do.

But maybe since BBTS has subs, they will get some of the non sub items so I can get them later, if there's too many at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    I feel the same way... Holidays are a time that people spend money on others, not on themselves... So the holidays are not the right time for a high price MOTU item.
    Unfortunately, I see Castle Grayskull being a Dec 2013 item... Grrr Mattel!
    Of course it will, and then you'll have no option to pass.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I'll be getting one. Maybe a second to paint green, but one for sure.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

i was gonna pass at first reveal. but then ive been getting everything motuc released lately and was planning on getting it but after grayskull, another joe club oktober guard set, the 2013 sub, the joe fss sub, etc etc ....im not sure. guess i'll see how i feel on the day

Yeah, I'm passing on it. If I was making a list of the top ten beasts I wanted to see in MOTUC Granamyr wouldn't make the cut, while I'd happily pay $80 for MOTUC Bionatops! That being said the sculpt did turn out really nice, but the filmation colors still make him an easy pass for me. I do hope he sells well enough for Mattel to release a second run in mini comic Green someday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am passing! I would prefer a vehicle instead. Anyway I have to admit that it was very well sculpted, but I still have no interest.

No way, I'm definitely down for 2 granamyrs. He's just too sweet to pass up.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Yep. No desire/space/money for this in my world. Looks cool but all over the meh for me.
    ^This.

Ooh... It ain't lookin' good for the Granny this month. At next year's BF/CM sale, I'll be all over him.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I might, not because he isn't part of the subscription, but because I don't have any money to spare as I need to get Xmas gifts. If anything, I'll just buy him off ebay at the end of Jan.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't have a subscription either and I'm not getting a Granamyr. I think the 4 horsemen have done a great job, but I'm not into this character the slightest. It's not even the bulk, it's just that this character holds no sentimental value for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I'll be picking up about 83 of them. What else is a Visa for?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I have just enough money to do one thing. Get presents for my kids or Buy the Big Red Dragon. I am passing. If mattel hadn't made the last three months so expensive I might have gotten him. I understand schedules slip but some of us live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes can't save up even if we know something is coming.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

He looks all kinds of awesome, but I could never afford ol' GRANNY. Heck...the regular figures are $alty enough!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

OK then, I don't have to worry about a quick sell out when I try to buy mine on the 15th
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I was on the fence earlier and had a whole Truetorial planned. I had an artist friend draw this up:

But since the Castle was announced, it pushed me over.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    WOW! There are a lot of people passing on ol' Granamyr!!

I have waited most of my life for this guy, so I am in for (hopefully) two!

I wonder if this is the sentiment everywhere and not just the .org.........
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I hate the idea of international folks missing out because of the insane added costs. Same old story though. For all the others trying to pretend like this is a bad looking figure or it doesn't "fit", you're a real drag on this discussion. You're arguments don't stand up on their own. Well I won't take it sitting down! It's like trying to decorate for Christmas without red or green. Like playing for the Vikings without a helmet. It's like common sense; any Phil, May, or Shawn could understand it!
    Last edited by Inhibitor; December 10, 2012 at 01:01am.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Yeah, I'm out. I'd go for him at half the price, but $80 is too much for a big, sedentary dragon in a German helmet.
    I can't spare that much space for him.