Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What else is a Visa for?
    Traveling to foreign countries?

I will try to buy one...if I don't forget when the MOTUC stuff goes on sale like I did last month.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I completely understand this train of thought.

Many people wanted a mini comics-colored Granny but if the Filmation-colored one doesn't sell well, I can guarantee we'll never see the mini comics version.

I don't though understand the whole "I can't afford it cause it's the holidays" excuse. Mattel gave ample warning that he was coming. Are people really this bad at managing their money?
    Maybe there's some surprise thing that comes out every year when you have kids? I know when I was growing up, I always asked for stuff that wasn't on the list--new things kept coming out! Maybe folks go into their surplus money...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I didn't like him in the show...and I don't want him on my shelf...nothing to do with money at all.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I was just trying the "subtle" approach to infect the haters minds with Granamanyia.

Can't speak for why folks wouldn't want him based on size either. We have a mountain of normal figs now and with the end on the horizon and most of core characters have been taken care of, there's suddenly no room to put him? I don't know if I can agree with that.

To those internationals who are getting slammed with extra costs, would ebay allieviate some of this? It might be an indirect way to get you a discount (especially if the ebayer hasn't factored in the crazy shipping) . Unlikely, but who knows?

As for the rest of you Non-Granamyrians, suit yourselves! That just means less folks to compete with for the first in-stock shipments.
    Very subtle indeed. And yes, maybe we'll get the orders with the stock already at DR, and get normal shipping time....

I completely understand this train of thought.

Many people wanted a mini comics-colored Granny but if the Filmation-colored one doesn't sell well, I can guarantee we'll never see the mini comics version.

I don't though understand the whole "I can't afford it cause it's the holidays" excuse. Mattel gave ample warning that he was coming. Are people really this bad at managing their money?
    Why does this come up, always? People have subs, people collect other lines (some people do lines), people have lives outside of toys. Some people have set budgets every month, that don't allow them to save for anything not important...like toys....hey, not an important thing in life. I don't know, maybe even some people have kids and a wife, they'd rather spend money on....Just because you can't afford toys, doesn't mean you are bad with money, it means you have an actual real world life to deal with....Toys aren't the most important thing to everyone. So people would rather buy a present for their wife or kid than spend something they saved on a toy for themselves....damn selfish people for not buying Granamyr, or buying a Castle Grayskull, or not buying a sub....selfish....I tell you.

I had to get new tires this year, I had a few other minor unexpected car issues come up, that took money from my toy budget, because hey, having a car to work is much more important than buying a plastic toy. Just because you save, doesn't mean you always get to keep that money for what you intended. That is what I don't get about people who say this over and over about everything people say they can't afford at any given time, no matter how much time is given to "save" for it....Life happens, how hard is that to figure out?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 10, 2012 at 01:49pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I don't really want to pass on him, but I am due to other things going on right now, financially. Plus, I wanted the green version.
    He looks awesome though and if I had unlimited funds I'd get one anyway and paint him myself.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Very subtle indeed. And yes, maybe we'll get the orders with the stock already at DR, and get normal shipping time....

Why does this come up, always? People have subs, people collect other lines (some people do lines), people have lives outside of toys. Some people have set budgets every month, that don't allow them to save for anything not important...like toys....hey, not an important thing in life. I don't know, maybe even some people have kids and a wife, they'd rather spend money on....Just because you can't afford toys, doesn't mean you are bad with money, it means you have an actual real world life to deal with....Toys aren't the most important thing to everyone. So people would rather buy a present for their wife or kid than spend something they saved on a toy for themselves....damn selfish people for not buying Granamyr, or buying a Castle Grayskull, or not buying a sub....selfish....I tell you.

I had to get new tires this year, I had a few other minor unexpected car issues come up, that took money from my toy budget, because hey, having a car to work is much more important than buying a plastic toy. Just because you save, doesn't mean you always get to keep that money for what you intended. That is what I don't get about people who say this over and over about everything people say they can't afford at any given time, no matter how much time is given to "save" for it....Life happens, how hard is that to figure out?
    Can't agree more!!!

I have my DMV registration and smog for my wife's and my car due in Jan and Feb. I have to start saving for it now. I am a Substitiute teacher, (income fluctuates) so just because there are more bills due does not mean my money goes up. I have to do more with less cash and buying a $80 toy is really not all that responsible when I have this realworld life stuff going on. I have enough money to do one or the other and I'd prefer to have my kids have a Merry Christmas. Some guys gotta think outside their situations.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

I agree with the sentiments that December is a bad month to release him. Way too much stuff released this month which is poor planning IMO. Too many other people to spend money on this time of year. I could afford him technically, but I'd rather not spend the money given how much money I already have to spend this month.

I also have a feeling this will be one of those items that ends up on sale down the line, if not through Matty, through people on eBay that regret picking him up.

Other than for OCD reasons, I'm not interested in him. I'm passing on him for these reasons...

1) character - Not very compelling IMO.
    2) aesthetic - Fat slumping dragon.
    3) financial - I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a figure I'm luke-warm about.

That said, if it was the Battle Ram we were talking about, I would be buying it next Monday in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

I can't agree more. I get tired of folks acting like they know the finances and insights to all other members on the board. If you have a family and a life you will have emergencies that will drain your money no matter how much you have saved. Yeah they gave almost a years heads up but life does not give you any advanced notice to when a problem will arise. Try not to knock others because they have more than toys in thier life!

I've been pretty lucky so far that I've been able to get everything as it came out, the 30th figures was the exception. I will be getting Granamyr but I can promise you this, I would easily pass on him if I had to.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

While I do love him...I'm going to pass. If/when I get a christmas bonus, I'll purchase if he's still available but I have much more important things to do with the money I have than spend $80 on him.

That being said, if I didn't have to buy for Christmas...then I'd be able to justify it. Just a bad month for such a high-dollar item.

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    Can't agree more!!!

I have my DMV registration and smog for my wife's and my car due in Jan and Feb. I have to start saving for it now. I am a Substitiute teacher, (income fluctuates) so just because there are more bills due does not mean my money goes up. I have to do more with less cash and buying a $80 toy is really not all that responsible when I have this realworld life stuff going on. I have enough money to do one or the other and I'd prefer to have my kids have a Merry Christmas. Some guys gotta think outside their situations.
    I also have 2 cars due for registrations every year in Feb, I wish I still lived back home in DE, where your car could be tagged for 2 years at a time for $40....but no, not in MI....it's like a $80+ a car, a year....********....

The sub is all I can do for next year, and possibly a few non sub items, I just hope the non sub items fall on non quarterly months....I will be ****** if they offer (example) Filmation Hordak on the $100 Foe Men month, granted I will be selling off unwanted figures....a lot of them by the way, but still not the point if there's no money from the last months figures yet at the time of billing. And mind you, it will the first and last sub I get, unless 2014 shows a lot of something I want, but honestly I'm not buying a sub after 2013 because all I need or want to buy is Two-Bad, Dragstor, Castaspella & Mantenna after 2013, and that's if one of them don't pop up for the second half of the year. Other than those if something comes up, I can go to BBTS if Matty sells out, I usually PO them ahead of time anyway.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Had the 2013 not gone, I would not be ordering one. But now that it looks more favorable that we will eventually get to all of the characters some how and especially with Castle Grayskull going forward, I will definitely buy one. I am a completist and have 1 of everything.

I am looking forward to picking him up
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    Gotta get him. He's great.

I typically buy 2 of each item, but due to the cost and the fact that he comes in a closed box, I will only be getting one and will keep the box on display as the MIB example, even though it is empty.

If he is still not sold out by the time I get home from work, then yes! If he is sold out I will move on and not worry about it.

Does anybody with a sub get the option to order before everybody else on the day of? I thought we were supposed to have this? I have never been sent any invitations - I will get him (I hope) but if I dont it will be because of the rush on the day of...
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

If I can afford him I'll get him, if not I won't. He's cool but not a priority.

This figure seemed like a much better idea when fans still believed (and for the most part it was true) that the line was flying high with nary a troubling spot on the horizon. Now that we know the line is barely making its scratch and its continued existence is under constant threat he seems like flailing ones arms about while hanging on by your fingernails. He's not a bad idea per se- and the sculpt and execution are incredible- but I'm unsure he represents the best use of tooling dollars, time investment, etc. Granted, he was at least a few years in the making (and late at that), so who could have known back then what the present situation might be, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Does anybody with a sub get the option to order before everybody else on the day of? I thought we were supposed to have this? I have never been sent any invitations - I will get him (I hope) but if I dont it will be because of the rush on the day of...
    We've been told repeatedly by TG that this won't take effect until the 2013 calendar year and sub kicks in. So no, this feature shouldn't be available yet.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I can't pass him up! Gotta get him!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Have their been any reviews of him yet? I'm leaning towards "Yes", but would like to see what people with him in hand think....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I know.....when my car mechanic told me this month that I had $800 in repairs needed for my car......I told him to forget about it. I needed that money to buy a red toy dragon in a week. More important things than toys pop up as emergencies that people need to take care of.

While this is a bad month for me financially, I'll still be able to buy Granamyr by saving change throughout the year. I should be close to $80 worth in coins.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Here's a nicer way of putting it....unlike some others....

Scott a while bacy at SDCC I believe....used Granamyr as an example as to how the "early access" would work for 2013 sub holders for 2013 out of sub items, but no, it doesn't kick in until 2013....supposedly, if they actually get it up and working, they still don't have the flippin "my subscription" page working yet, and it's been over a year when it was supposedly coming....so I'll bet earl access don't come until 2015.

And people need to get that sometimes Scott says things in a jumble, like on the Granamyr video, it sounds like when he moves on to Castle Grayskulls "pre-sale", it sounds like he's still referring to Granamyr....watch the vid, and listen....to his words....as they leave his mouth....

I really think he needs a writer when he does his vids, but not the same writer that writes his snappy answers in the Q&A's.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    Have their been any reviews of him yet? I'm leaning towards "Yes", but would like to see what people with him in hand think....
    Sadly no, but this is hardly the first time this year the review samples have come before the sale day....and top it all off, most of the stock for him will be delayed.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 10, 2012 at 10:54pm.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    No. Review samples haven't been sent out yet as of last notice.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe there's some surprise thing that comes out every year when you have kids? I know when I was growing up, I always asked for stuff that wasn't on the list--new things kept coming out! Maybe folks go into their surplus money...
    You're right MGM. And it's not like I don't want Granamyr b/c I do. I will be getting him. But I won't be paying $92 shipped for him. I'll get him on evil bay or when Matty puts him up again for sale next year for 30% to half off. Plus I'm trying to complete my Vintage MOC MOTU figures. Just grabbed a MOC Horde Trooper today....