Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think if another vehicle is offered it would be a preorder anyways (due to sucess of the CG preorder). It is weird how they plan these sales.I thought I could order Granamyr as a Christmas present, but he probably wont be here in time for that reason, but I still think Granamyr will do welll though.
    I don't think it will be a Pre Order, they seem to only do that for high ticket items....another $50 or so vehicle will not likely require one. I'm up for Attack Trak....that I will find a way to get. But....Castle Grayskull is more than likely going to be December....so....Wind Raider was December....so....Here's to next year being a $400 MOTUC Christmas!
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Saw a pic of Pixel-Dan with his review Granamyr... I hope it's just the paints reacting to the flash of the camera, but he's not lookin' real great in the paint dept.

Like I said, don't judge a figure by one pic with a flash, different acrylic paints can react and look different under certain kinds of lighting. So, even though I'm passing on him this time, I hope he looks better for the rest of you that are getting him in some more normal lighting settings!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Yeah, I'm guessing it's just the flash. Flash is evil. It destroys all beauty in the world.

Just too expensive for this time of year,so i will have to pass.

Il pass, I would liked to have him in green - much more cooler in my opinion - and theres no sense at all why mattel built up this huge figure without the possibility to display him unless that in the couching pose.
    We could saved 30 dollars and have the bottom of the figure as a unique solid sculpt (belly and legs at least) and only arms and head poseable.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Saw a pic of Pixel-Dan with his review Granamyr... I hope it's just the paints reacting to the flash of the camera, but he's not lookin' real great in the paint dept.

Like I said, don't judge a figure by one pic with a flash, different acrylic paints can react and look different under certain kinds of lighting. So, even though I'm passing on him this time, I hope he looks better for the rest of you that are getting him in some more normal lighting settings!
    It can't be the flash, because the paint deco seems weird in the review video, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    Il pass, I would liked to have him in green - much more cooler in my opinion - and theres no sense at all why mattel built up this huge figure without the possibility to display him unless that in the couching pose.
    We could saved 30 dollars and have the bottom of the figure as a unique solid sculpt (belly and legs at least) and only arms and head poseable.
    I think spending that money for the legs should have been used for shoulder balljoints and accessoiries.

The shoulders for Granny and the giant are poor.

Sadly passing this time around. $80 at x-mas time is just not possible.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'll pass on Granamyr too... Too expensive for me, and not worth the money, IMO. Not enough articulations, and just a "sitting there" figure.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Unless my mind suddenly goes psycho once it hits 10:00, I am definitely passing on him. I just cannot justify his cost right now, especially with him having a 3 week delay. I get paid on Dec 31st, so if Mattel wants to sell him throughout and not pull him after a week, I will be more than happy to buy one then.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    After watching PD's review, I decided to skip him too. Does not evoke any interest in me.

I'd love a Granamyr but after seeing he's $95 after shipping (which doesn't include the inevitable customs charges) I'll begrudgingly have to pass on him for now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Just nabbed myself a Granamyr! Basically $100 if you use USPS including tax and shipping.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I just ordered one
    Awesome sticker included!

I got one, but he's not really something I'm overly interested in. I'd have much rather had any other figure/vehicle/playset/beast from any of the assorted lines.

I wanted to order two, but settled only for one at this time. He might show up discounted down the road where I can order a second one.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

nabbed two granamyrs, no fuss no muss! lol.
    so excited! wanted a toy of this guy since i was a kid, and MY kids have wanted one since they first fell in love with him in the cartoon a couple years ago... they too are so excited to get theirs! will be a fun day at our house when he arrives just after christmas (hopefully.)!! we talked this morning about how we're gonna pretend our christmas tree is skytree! (and kylie suggested her tinkerbell toy could be the treeprechaun!) awesome. yay, granamyr!!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I REALLY want him.
    Mattel should havbe listened to the people... to release him in December is a bad idea. You don't have to be a genius to get that...
    Exactly. It happened last year with WR. And they wonder why sales are just "okay". Worst month of the year to release expensive product. Get with it, Mattel.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I caved and got him, now I will "Cringe" when he shows up later as a discounted item....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Pass on Granamyr The Oldest and Wisest Of Dragons? Heck NO, I bought myself TWO Granamyr's. One to open and one to keep in box as an extra

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I passed on him for now. I have $222 in my bank account. $64 of that just went to ordering my g/f Xmas present and another $31 just went to ordering my parents' present. As such, I cannot afford to get Granamyr.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I snagged one. That puppy is staying MIB and getting his big red rear end AFA'd as fast as fate allows. Hopefully I can snag a second one down the road sometime.

Ordered mine, but that final price tag was the first time since the line began that made me almost balk. Gotta have him, though.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I was planning on getting Granamyr from day one but over the last couple of weeks I've been inclined to not get him. Money isn't the issue, I just don't really want him. Yes, he's huge,but he doesn't really have the oomph factor for me to consider dropping $100 bucks. I feel like taking the risk to get him cheap down the line!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I did order Granamyr. Though there seems to be an issue with some paint design choices, I still think he's worth picking up. Compared to a lot of 1/6 collector figures, Granny's a flippin' steal.

This does illustrate some of Matty's questionable marketing strategies. Dragon figure collectors would love to have a big bastiche like this in their collections, and most probably have no idea this is even up for sale.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!