Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Since it's not part of the subscription, anyone passing on Granamyr?

Maybe it was because I ordered him with Lead and Platinum, but the shipping wasn't any more expensive than when I've ordered multiple normal sized figures before.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Maybe it was because I ordered him with Lead and Platinum, but the shipping wasn't any more expensive than when I've ordered multiple normal sized figures before.
    It wasn't, but when Procrustus was added into the mix...
    Usually, when orders are huge the cheap shipping gets more expensive, and it makes more sense to do UPS. This time it was the UPS prices that skyrocketed for some reason. Like $50 and higher.
    So I ordered Procrustus from the secondary market, for cheaper. Still deciding on the big guy. Even if I order him, altogether the total would still be cheaper than ordering both from Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I did order Granamyr. Though there seems to be an issue with some paint design choices, I still think he's worth picking up. Compared to a lot of 1/6 collector figures, Granny's a flippin' steal.

This does illustrate some of Matty's questionable marketing strategies. Dragon figure collectors would love to have a big bastiche like this in their collections, and most probably have no idea this is even up for sale.
    I collect He-man AND dragons.........but had to pass. $92 for a hollow plastic dragon, no matter how awesome he looks, just doesn't make sense to me at the moment.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    It was a hard choice, but I ordered one.

I'm hoping the delay puts the payment into January, but I guess I should expect it to hit anytime now. If lots of people passed, then there might be no delays at all, provided they did get some supply in. Just enough to cover what orders they did get.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I passed. When time came to order, I just didn't want him bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    It wasn't, but when Procrustus was added into the mix...
    Usually, when orders are huge the cheap shipping gets more expensive, and it makes more sense to do UPS. This time it was the UPS prices that skyrocketed for some reason. Like $50 and higher.
    So I ordered Procrustus from the secondary market, for cheaper. Still deciding on the big guy. Even if I order him, altogether the total would still be cheaper than ordering both from Matty.
    When I order one $22 figure, Shipping is $8.70 USPS, it's 13.15 for UPS....

Granamyr was $12.15 for USPS, $14.95 for UPS....I used UPS this time, although in my experience with using both methods....for extra money UPS is not really that much faster, like a day....so for smaller orders, it's not really worth the $5 for an extra day, at least to me.

$4 more for USPS for a larger figure....only $1 difference in the UPS prices using the same comparison....And I also know from experieince shipping Priority Mail from MI, to CA is like $6.50, and takes 3 days....and it's funny other online companies use Fed Ex, UPS & USPS, all methods have similar pricing, and usually you can get the packages within a week, but not DR. HTS is usually flat around $7 for 7 - 10 days, but I always get my stuff within 5 days from them....plus they offer free shipping as incentive from time to time....something DR has never and will never do.

I use HTS, BBTS, Amazon, TRU.com....etc, all have better custom service and faster cheaper shipping than DR/Matty....plus you can cancel orders at any time before fulfillment, and HTS, TRU & BBTS offer Pre-Orders all the time. DR is an outdated when it started joke.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 17, 2012 at 07:45pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm an international customer. If I want my Dec figures before Jitsu arrives, I have to choose UPS. It's two day shipping from UPS vs 4-8 weeks otherwise (Matty's poor Canadian service + this month's delays). If Procrustus and Granymyr were together in the order, the UPS charges were absolutely insane. If one was removed, and Mosquitor added, the prices were normal again. All three together made the UPS charges even higher.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm passing on him, he'll take up too much space and I'm trying to limit my collecting as much as possible, I feel like I'm getting too materialistic
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Well, I gave in and ordered Granamyr. I don't have the full-blown buyers remorse yet like some on here. Just a little. I have more remorse over the $20 Vykron I bought on black friday tbh. Guess that means I'm excited for this beast.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I hope he sells out soon. I don't want them to threaten any future sku decisions based off of this sale. I ordered one both because I like him and because I worry that Matty will make more threats and not make other items that would have been amazing.

Seriously though the Battle Ram or Attak Trak would easily outsell Granamyr. He has reused wings but what else can his sculpt be used for besides possibly a limited run repaint in green? If people are not very willing to buy Granamyr then why would they buy any lesser know characters that use his sculpt and that have a similar price? Granted the fact that Wind Raider is such a tough sell at 50 dollars I could just be misunderstanding the entire thing. just feel that even though I really like Granamyr the line will feel more incomplete with missing vehicles than it would if he had never been made.

I'm sure we will be hearing about the Granamyr failure in a future depressing Q&A.. After all he is a non sub item and he did not sell out in a day. Isn't that what Mattel considers fail?

Hmm I may have just talked myself into ordering two more Wind Raiders lol. Don't question the logic. "Buy the ticket. take the ride.".
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior
    Even though I really like the sculpt, Granamyr is way too expensive for my tastes, and this is coming from someone who has bought some Sideshow Collectibles 12" G.I. Joes. He is way too big, also, and I have no place at the moment to display him. I might get him if he shows up at a discount next year during Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Well, I gave in and ordered Granamyr. I don't have the full-blown buyers remorse yet like some on here. Just a little. I have more remorse over the $20 Vykron I bought on black friday tbh. Guess that means I'm excited for this beast.
    i thought id regret the $20 vykron but that figures actually a pleasant surprise. i dig the colors, armor pieces and headsculpt.
    also anticipated buying granamyr but i just cant pull the trigger. the sculpt is awesome but i hate that matty doesnt do ball jointed shoulders on the bigs and i wouldve loved some kind of hip hinge (a la battle cat) for granamyr. also sucks they gave granamyr a torso cut that pegs into a square...huh?...couldve done a circle and a peg and boom he'd have a torso swivel.

seems likely granamyr could turn up in next years black friday sale because i really dont believe these "almost gones" "sold out" tags for figures like dekker and others that last past the first day. for some reason this makes matty think they look bad or something. smoke and mirrors man

Well, he's 'Almost Gone' now, so I went ahead and ordered one. I wasn't going to originally, but I figured I'd rather get him in case he actually sells out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    Well, he's 'Almost Gone' now, so I went ahead and ordered one. I wasn't going to originally, but I figured I'd rather get him in case he actually sells out.
    Well the WR almost sold out too. There are plenty of this guy to go around. Can't wait to get him 30% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Well the WR almost sold out too. There are plenty of this guy to go around. Can't wait to get him 30% off.
    I feel like Mattel added the label to increase sales. If mine arrives broken there better be enough to send me a replacement.

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing has changed on mattycollector, both large scale figures are still available... Seems that many others don't buy these...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Nothing has changed on mattycollector, both large scale figures are still available... Seems that many others don't buy these...
    And it's not a surprise for many reasons.....money,Granamyr seems to have many QC issues,Procrustus appeared in 1 mini comic I believe, so he could be considered obscure.
    For me Granny is awesome but I'll wait for the price to go down. Too much to pay for an item that may or may not be able to be put together. Procrustus was in my sub...very neat but would rather had a vehicle.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Funny, I guess he will last through Jan 1st and I've already decided to spend my money towards some stuff I could not get for Xmas since I figured he wouldn't.

BTW, what is defective on Granamyr?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Funny, I guess he will last through Jan 1st and I've already decided to spend my money towards some stuff I could not get for Xmas since I figured he wouldn't.

BTW, what is defective on Granamyr?
    Bobble head,tail breaking,arms popping off......usual QC issues...so you could say this is normal.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Bobble head,tail breaking,arms popping off......usual QC issues...so you could say this is normal.
    This is news to me? How is the tail breaking? As for the arms popping off, are you sure that isn't just someone who didn't put them in right?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    This is news to me? How is the tail breaking? As for the arms popping off, are you sure that isn't just someone who didn't put them in right?
    Read the Granamyr arrival thread. I bought one too, and his tail was broken right out of the box, and he has a terrible bobble head. Truth be told, I had high hopes for this figure and thought it looked amazing. Now that I have this poorly made, hollow piece of junk plastic, I completely regret spending money on it and am re-thinking my decision to pre-order Castle Grayskull and sub for 2013. I might be cancelling that credit card. This was kind of the last straw for me.