Thread: he-man.org website class @ power-con

he-man.org website class @ power-con

Do you Think at Power-con 2013 someone could offer an orientation class on navigating and posting on this website?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks for the suggestion Genuinearticle! While the website is pretty vast, that may be a little too niche for most fans as many have been with the site for years and grew with it. Nonetheless, I can see how if can be confusing.

Is there anything particular you are looking for or to do? Perhaps I can help?
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Judith, It will probably be easier to find someone at PowerCon who has an ipad or ipod with the app and can show me some of the in’s & out’s.

Even though the venue hasn’t been selected for 2013, do you know if wi-fi was available at the last one & would that be something sought after for upcoming Con?

I’ve used Facebook for about two years, so I don’t feel I’m a social media nit-wit or novice, however, when it comes to forums –their layout is a little confusing and counter-intuitive to me.

A majority of my questions & confusion stem from navigating the Forums. For example, looking at Fan creations, I don’t understand the symbols (i.e the ones that have He-man’s chest emblem.) Some symbols have chains, others chat balloons. I have had trouble contributing pictures. Are there are easier was to look at others Fan creations besides looking through alphabetically under picture title. Using the apps on ipad and ipod I wonder about ways to quickly look up just my posts instead of searching for them in the heading and scrolling through to find them.

Just little odds and ends, like that. Some parts of the site have been daunting so I’ve kind of given up on them and haven’t ventured further.
    I figure there must be some more newbies like me that would learn quickly from a short tutorial and if there was someone to answer questions.
    I don’t want to take up all your time educating me. -–hey, I just thought of this….If you are gonna be at PowerCon can I hire you as a personal tutor for approx 30 mins to give me a crash course on Forum & website stuff?

(Or are there any tutorial videos I haven’t discovered?)
    -Rob

Let's tackle what I can now. I will be manning the registration table at Power-Con the whole weekend so will be no help!

Chat balloons means it's a discussion forum.
    Chains over the he-man cross means it's a locked thread either by the original poster or by one of the moderators. No new posts can be added to the thread.
    A message envelope over the cross mean you have posted in that thread, so you can quickly see where you have posted or not posted before.
    When the cross beside a thread is grey, there are no new post since you have been here. When red, there are new post since you were last logged in.

Contributing photos? Did you sign up with a g-mail account or secure e-mail? The accounts signed up with free e-mails are limited since it keeps spamming at bay.

I signed up with a secure e-mail (i.e. a comcast account).

I see the date & location has been announced… and the venue has wi-fi (very cool).
    Having that feature will make it easy to get some live pointers and I’m sure I’ll connect with others experienced with this site that can give me a further run-down.

And thanks for the helpful “map legend” key for some of those icons in forums.

Wonderful!

There will be plenty of time to mingle at Power-Con and keep in mind, the app is rather new and may be up-dated to improve performance.