View Poll Results: Which reuse/redeco figure do you want as the next traveling convention figure?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mini-Comic Trapjaw

12 10.43%
  • Red Beast man

12 10.43%
  • Camo Khan

17 14.78%
  • Pink Outfit Teela

6 5.22%
  • Filmation Hordak

51 44.35%
  • Blue Outfit Prince Adam

4 3.48%
  • Caucasian Stratos

2 1.74%
  • Dark Grizzlor

0 0%
  • Other

11 9.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling Convention Item in 2014 (redeco)

Traveling Convention Item in 2014 (redeco)

In 2014, if there is another traveling convention item, and it continues to reuse existing parts and redeco them, which figure would you like to see next?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Voted Red Beast Man. Would like to have cardback Ram Man as well.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Voted Red Beast Man. Would like to have cardback Ram Man as well.
    ^ This on both accounts.

Stratos & TJ were close seconds, but with Kronis & DC 2 pack Stratos, I figure ol' Beastman needed his variant more.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Other. I'll go with Cardback Ram Man.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    None of the above. I'd rather they create a new character out of existing parts like they did with Strobo.

I personally don't want to see main or undone characters as an exclusive....Orko & Adam were bad as exclusives, but the good thing was you could get them on Matty, but that's done....no more. So to say about Filmation Hordak as a Travelling exclusive....no.

But a Blue vested Prince Adam....that would work.

And why do people think of Kronis as a variant? He's spare parts included as accessories with Trap Jaw, predominately only 200X fans and those that display figures with multiple looks care. I know I don't, his head and arm are at the bottom of my parts box where they stay. If you count him as a variant, then you have to count the 200X version of Fisto, the 200X version of Stinkor, every figure with multiple heads as variants....etc.

I know I have seen many places on this board where many consider Kronis a variant....like Keldor....I don't even consider Keldor & Adam variants, they are not, they are separate characters at different times in the story....Keldor is Keldor, once he becomes Skeletor, Skeletor is Skeletor, no matter what armor he has on. Adam is Adam until he "held aloft his magic sword" And while he's still Adam inside, He is He-Man....if nothing else He-Man is a variant of Adam.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 10, 2012 at 01:31am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    None of the above. I'd rather they create a new character out of existing parts like they did with Strobo.
    Strobo was a character from the comics. They didn't just create him for the traveling convention item. There are not many characters that remain that use as pieces as Strobo does, if any at all. But, I made another poll about potential figures for the traveling exclusive that could use additional tooling. That might be up your alley.

I'd rather see a never before made character like Strobo, so I voted for "Other".

I'd love to see Illumina be the 2014 Traveling Exclusive.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

The only one of these guys I'm interested in would be Style Guide Hordak.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Stratos; though I would prefer he be used as a new character.

I'd also love Khan, red Beast Man, blue vest Adam, and a Filmation repaint Hordak.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Other. See my avatar.

I think Stingrad, Koduk Ungol and Ceratus could be made quite easily using existing pieces and precious few newly tooled items. Thus, I'm voting for Other.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Snappy Threader
    Filmation Hordak with Trap Jaw second.

Depending on the price, i'll say either green Trap Jaw or cardback Ram Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Hordak is essential.

Incredible Trap Jaw and shaven Stratos are right after.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    cardback Ram Man!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Tough call between Red Beast Man and Caucasian Stratos. I need them both for my Alcala shelf but I voted for Beast Man.

Cardback Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And why do people think of Kronis as a variant? He's spare parts included as accessories with Trap Jaw, predominately only 200X fans and those that display figures with multiple looks care. I know I don't, his head and arm are at the bottom of my parts box where they stay. If you count him as a variant, then you have to count the 200X version of Fisto, the 200X version of Stinkor, every figure with multiple heads as variants....etc.

I know I have seen many places on this board where many consider Kronis a variant....like Keldor....I don't even consider Keldor & Adam variants, they are not, they are separate characters at different times in the story....Keldor is Keldor, once he becomes Skeletor, Skeletor is Skeletor, no matter what armor he has on. Adam is Adam until he "held aloft his magic sword" And while he's still Adam inside, He is He-Man....if nothing else He-Man is a variant of Adam.
    Kronis is a variant of sorts b/c Trap Jaw is essentially two figures in one, like Marlena and Captain Glenn. It doesn't matter if they're in your spare parts bin, it makes an MYP pre-transformation Trap Jaw whether you like the parts or not. It's more than just Fisto with a headband, as it marks a severe biological transformation. So yes, Trap Jaw technically has two figures already.
    Keldor is a Skeletor variant b/c he's Skeletor before his face melted off. Which is why he took an A-list variant slot.
    Adam is a variant b/c it's the same person wearing different clothes. He-Man isn't an Adam variant b/c He-Man is the star of the franchise.

i m very saddened by this poll. i want to vote filmmatin hordak as i want him more than almost any other character. but as pure reuse i cant vote him. he needs a new filmation headsculpt minimum.

so i voted camo kahn assuming he would have the snakemen symbol on his chest like the intage one. hes my kahn snakeman and a unique character from kobra kajn who was never a snakeman by affilition for me.

camo slves that discrepancy for me.

Well, so far it is Filmation Hordak in 1st, Camo Khan (my choice) in 2nd, and Red Beast Man in 3rd. Mini-Comic Trapjaw id 4th with Card Back Ram Man in 5th.

I would also like a new head sculpt for Filmation Hordak, but I believe I read Scott or someone else on Ask Matty state that a Filmation variant of Hordak would just have a redeco of the existing head.

Anyone that voted for "other" because they wanted a unique tooling didn't read the poll, so your votes are null. There is a different poll for newly sculpted characters. Please vote there if you haven't already. Thanks!

At 75 votes, here are the current positions...

1st - Filmation Hordak
    2nd - Camo Khan (awesome)
    3rd - Red Beast Man
    4th - Mini-Comic Trapjaw
    5th - (tie) Pink Teela and Card Back Ram Man

Keep voting.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I could go for a Camo Khan and would like to see him as a new character since he'd be basically Kobra Khan with Buzz Off arms and a new deco. Possibly a more savage ancestor of the Snake Men...I don't know. Maybe Snap-Fang?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I could go for a Camo Khan and would like to see him as a new character since he'd be basically Kobra Khan with Buzz Off arms and a new deco. Possibly a more savage ancestor of the Snake Men...I don't know. Maybe Snap-Fang?
    I'm gonna piggy back on this idea. I'd much rather see a figure that, even if they're not a new character, can be used as one with just a little squirt of imagination. The others on the list are more difficult to do that with. Camo Khan fits that bill the best to me.

Red Beast could be a good stand in for Beastlord for King Grayskull's posse though, I suppose.

OK, so, either of those two.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    TrapJaw

I want a fair chance at Filmation Hordak. I cant get to the convention.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Camo Khan would be great as the ancestor to Kobra Khan and the Clan Kobra, sucked into the void 5000 years ago. To make him extra special, instead of just a reuse of parts, would be if they cast him in color changing plastic. So, when he is in direct sunlight, be becomes clear except for the snake logo and his dark camo spots and stripes. I think that would look great.