Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Netossa Video Review by Pixel Dan

I have to say, I'm totally stoked to be getting Netossa. The black spot on her back looks weird... I will wait for the official word on what the bloody hell it is before I pass further comment.

She's the best looking female in the line to me. I started a thread a while ago asking for Mattel to look to the Filmation series when it comes to the POP ladies' hair and faces. They've aced Netossa in doing this, IMO and I hope they continue the trend with Glimmer's big eyes, Flutterina's crazy eyelashes and Spinnerella's pinched features. It's this attention to detail that impresses me.

Can't wait for January - what a great start to 2013!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Snuggle time, with Grizzlor?

Oh, & when's the Jitsu review?
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That spot is the shadow her hair makes while up against the net.
    It's shading..
    We don't know this for sure.

I've seen the samples at sdcc, power con, and at NYCC. Scott showed the cape removed from the figure at NYCC about a foot in front of me. The cape didn't have a dark chemical burn, nor a weird warp where the chemical burn would be.

It might be unwise to state that this was intentional shading, when that didn't appear on the 4H's sample or any of the con samples.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 10, 2012 at 08:59pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Does Netossa's shield resemble She-Ra's shield from the cartoon? When I saw the video review, I thought it looked like the shield She-Ra turned her sword into.

I never like the golden shield with the MOTUC She-Ra figure when I displayed my She-Ra with her silver Sword of Protection.

Looking forward to Netossa.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Hey Dan,

Can you see if the black rubs off if it is paint it should come off. If it is a burn I dont think it will..

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Hey Dan,

Can you see if the black rubs off if it is paint it should come off. If it is a burn I dont think it will..
    Good idea!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We don't know this for sure.

I've seen the samples at sdcc, power con, and at NYCC. Scott showed the cape removed from the figure at NYCC about a foot in front of me. The cape didn't have a dark chemical burn, nor a weird warp where the chemical burn would be.

It might be unwise to state that this was intentional shading, when that didn't appear on the 4H's sample or any of the con samples.
    The Fwoosh's figure has the same spot, so likely it will be on all of them, unless hopefully it was isolated to the early samples sent to reviewers.

I would just love to know why in the hell it's there, for what purpose do they have to do dumb crap like this to these things?

They never learn what not to do, I mean Stinkor for no good reason, then a neon green too similar to the original release Clawful mace when there were so many other actually wanted items to use, Then they remove Netossa's boot cut, and her net/cape is like a wall behind her instead of being capable of flowing....like a cape or net actually would, then they go ape **** with a spray can before assembling her....What next?

Ruben, you such a cwazy guy....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I've gotta say, I am still not all that thrilled with her. Her head just looks ridiculous with those blue things attached to her hair (even in the cartoon, it just looked weird) and the cape is awful. I will say that they gave her a nice face sculpt and the coloring works, but she is a character I could do without.

BTW Dan, it looks as if the cape was burned by her hair. Maybe they packaged her up before the plastic cooled and that is why the center of the cape looks that way.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I am glad that we are getting a female with a nice looking face again. I was super unhappy with how Frosta turned out, so here's hoping this is a turning point.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    My opinion about Netossa :

the 80's cape is longer and better than the MOTUC's !
    Umm makes me wonder if anybody will put the vintage cape on the Classics figure?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Is Netossa's shield warped from the packaging like Frosta's shield was?

If so, that will be very disappointing as it definitely detracted from an otherwise cool shield with Frosta.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I will!! If not forever, then at least for a few days and pics! I also have a spare Faceplate that Ill put on her until Mattel fixes the oversight!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

kind of a week review.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    kind of a week review.
    Actually, it only lasted about ten minutes.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

kind of a week review.
    Do you mean the figure or the review? I can understand the figure maybe--but PD goes all out on his reviews

The biggest thing I noticed was that she totally has man hands. I think it makes sense for a male's hands to have the knuckles all sculpted and looking gnarly, but it doesn't look right on a female.

I never saw Netossa's vintage figure until Dan's comparison time shots. THAT is the head dress that people are clamoring for? Holy cow, that thing is hideous! She looks like one of the Knights of Ni. Aside from the head fin things, she's pretty much a perfect recreation of the vintage figure. The head dress being missing is a giant improvement.

It's Tina Turner in Beyond Thunderdome!!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    kind of a week review.
    I agree, It was simply a heres a Female MOTUC, she moves her arms, and her cape comes off...Now onto The Next guy figure!!!!

BUT Dan produced some of the Greatest pics of any MOTUC figure with her! so congrats for that.
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 12, 2012 at 05:59am.
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The biggest thing I noticed was that she totally has man hands. I think it makes sense for a male's hands to have the knuckles all sculpted and looking gnarly, but it doesn't look right on a female.

I never saw Netossa's vintage figure until Dan's comparison time shots. THAT is the head dress that people are clamoring for? Holy cow, that thing is hideous! She looks like one of the Knights of Ni. Aside from the head fin things, she's pretty much a perfect recreation of the vintage figure. The head dress being missing is a giant improvement.
    To be fair,have you seen the styleguide version? (If not, you should google it) That one fits the classics style and helps to keep the wings look less awkward WHEN she's not wearing the cape.
    Dan's got his vintage Netossa wearing the cape incorrectly. (not a complaint against Dan, cause these things happen, but the Headdress looks wrong when it doesn't have the cape's fans next to it.)
    http://he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1289&image=2351
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I agree, It was simply a heres a Female MOTUC, she moves her arms, and her cape comes off...Now onto The Next guy figure!!!!

BUT Dan produced some of the Greatest pics of any MOTUC figure with her! so congrats for that.
    Was he supposed to throw a party? Like he did for Dekker, the Snake Men Two-Pack and Sir Lazer Lot?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Great vid as usual!

My favorite part was the comparison time...Whoever sent you that vintage figure must have been super cool!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I've gotta say, I am still not all that thrilled with her. Her head just looks ridiculous with those blue things attached to her hair (even in the cartoon, it just looked weird) and the cape is awful. I will say that they gave her a nice face sculpt and the coloring works, but she is a character I could do without.

BTW Dan, it looks as if the cape was burned by her hair. Maybe they packaged her up before the plastic cooled and that is why the center of the cape looks that way.

The blue things are actually supposed to be the grips with which she holds the net/cape. The design shows that the edges of the cape kind of extend up past her head and are held together at her neck.

Oh, I never knew that! I just thought it was some random design thing...wonder why they didn't attach them to the cape then?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Oh, I never knew that! I just thought it was some random design thing...wonder why they didn't attach them to the cape then?
    My guess: the 4H weren't aware of it, they don't own the vintage figure, and they sculpted her based mostly on stills from the cartoon.

This cape shadow issue (like most nitpicks in this line) seems like a mountain being made of a mole hill. If it weren't for the fact that her cape is also her weapon gimmick I doubt this would even be the issue its become. It was a bone head move by whoever designed it- best of intentions aside- for the simple fact that her caps is designed to be removed and used in the aforementioned manner, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Like most things that excite some and turn off just as many this issue will fade with time only to be replaced by something new. Thankfully it's not as egregious as switched shoulders or forearms, so I say let's just drop it until we have our figures in hand.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!