Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Netossa Video Review by Pixel Dan

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I imagine that the dark spot is intentional, and was meant to be "shadow" or "shading". I don't think it will bother me much since it will remain a cape for me rather than a net. Forget that nonsense, I'm arming her with the best spear I can find so she can kick some Horde butt.

I'll keep her named Netossa though, rather than Spearstabbyrella.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I think that if/when she arrives I May give her net a slight drybrush of metallic blue so the cape POPs a bit more... I'll keep saying it, but she needs her Vintage Toy headdress.
    I agree with you about the headdress as well. She deserved two heads.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Would the blue-ish Carnivus sword work with her or are they two completely different colors?

Cool review and Netossa is truly a beautiful figure none of the females so far are prettier that's for sure.

I am slightly surprised to not hear you mention her lack of accessories though as that's been such a big talking point amongst the fans of Netossa. It's really the only thing that lets her down. The BP She-Ra sword and headdress should have been included, particuarly the sword since it's already been tooled for BP She-Ra.

Roll on Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella and Mermista!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Cool review and Netossa is truly a beautiful figure none of the females so far are prettier that's for sure.

I am slightly surprised to not hear you mention her lack of accessories though as that's been such a big talking point amongst the fans of Netossa. It's really the only thing that lets her down. The BP She-Ra sword and headdress should have been included, particuarly the sword since it's already been tooled for BP She-Ra.

Roll on Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella and Mermista!
    Hmmm...I may take a stab at customizing that sword.
    If I may ask a question to the customizers out there, what kind of paint do you use on the plastic? Acrylic? Testors?

Not a very exciting figure for me to start of the year with. Nothing really wrong with her, looks a good toy, nice sculpt etc but I hold no nostalgia for her character and even though she looks good, she isn't an amazing or interesting design to me.

Another great review by Dan, though I admit, I do miss the serene keyboard review music from the older vids, lol.

Absolutely beautiful figure. Second best facial sculpt IMO (Adora is my favorite face)! I know that "cloth" is basically a curse in the MOTUC community, but just this once, I would have allowed cloth for the cape. Also, she lacks accessories! Not even an extra armor or a mock comb weapon! The black spot on the cape looks like a horrible cigarette burn...I will probably paint this. I imagine Hunterknight will do a vintage version, and now that we have a dark featured female, people will no doubt make Queen Balina a favorite of mine!

But this figure is still really beautiful. It makes me wish that Mattel had paired with Marvel instead of DC...Netossa reminds me so much of Storm from the X-Men. Mattel and 4H would really do some killer Storm/X-Men designs!

I just hope I can get Netossa, as I don't have a Club Eternia subscription being a noob to all this. Marketplace, don't fail me in January!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That spot is the shadow her hair makes while up against the net.
    It's shading.

I wish she came with another head or at least a real weapon, like a pike, halberd, mace or sword. Netossa's net is more like an elaborate cape than a weapon.

Wooohoooo! More black Eternians! Zodak, Dekker and now Netossa! And Clamp Champ is coming...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 10, 2012 at 12:52pm.

Wow, love the way this figure looks! I really didn't know that much about Netossa, but I'm psyched to get her. Finally filling in some Great Rebellion! More please!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    3......2..........1.............Let the complaints over that black spot on the net commence
    I'm more concerned with the loose ankles.

And was that Netossa and Grizzlor in the middle of Snuggle Time?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    No competition for Ram Man...
    It's not a contest...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Would the blue-ish Carnivus sword work with her or are they two completely different colors?
    Good question. I'll have to dig that sword out and give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Did the vintage figure come with a sword? Not that I'm saying your idea is bad, I just thought the vintage figure also only had the cape and the shield. And a comb, of course. I didn't think Vintage Netossa had any other weapons.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Nice Review Dan !

BTW, Has she lost shin/boots articulation ? Well if it is..... Thats's NOT a good news if you are a Peeka Blue fan !

I am not only sad & aswell as mad about this !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Stunning figure! I can't wait to own her. Her face sculpt is right up there with Teela's as the best in the line.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Did the vintage figure come with a sword? Not that I'm saying your idea is bad, I just thought the vintage figure also only had the cape and the shield. And a comb, of course. I didn't think Vintage Netossa had any other weapons.
    Dan, the vintage figure did not actually come with a sword, but the original cross-sell art of Netossa had her with a repainted blue Bubble Power She-Ra sword. (Incidentally, Spinerella's cross-sell art also pictured her with a repainted purple Bubble Power She-Ra sword.) I tink people are rightful upset that Netossa is missing in accessories when they've made such a big point of bring the cross-sell design looks of the Masters figures, but that same dedication has been left off for this POP figure - and a more active weapon probably would have helped to sell the figure better - especially when the weapon has already been sculpted.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Dan, the vintage figure did not actually come with a sword, but the original cross-sell art of Netossa had her with a repainted blue Bubble Power She-Ra sword. (Incidentally, Spinerella's cross-sell art also pictured her with a repainted purple Bubble Power She-Ra sword.) I tink people are rightful upset that Netossa is missing in accessories when they've made such a big point of bring the cross-sell design looks of the Masters figures, but that same dedication has been left off for this POP figure - and a more active weapon probably would have helped to sell the figure better - especially when the weapon has already been sculpted.
    Oh, I wasn't saying that she shouldn't have come with another weapon. I was only making sure I wasn't missing something about the vintage figure. I didn't know about the cross-sell art. Thanks!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

She looks great. Now they need to finish the rest of the third wave!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Thank you, Dan! I wasn't too thrilled with the choice of Netossa over more prominent PoP characters, but your video here helped out a lot. I went into your vid hoping it would.

Her cape reminds me of a fly swatter.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    My opinion about Netossa :

- Sculpt : nice, as usual

- Netted cape : we don't really know how sturdy it is, but it doesn't look much thicker than Leech's net... That cape is too short (the 80's cape is longer and better than the MOTUC's !), and the black dent in the middle looks bad, IMO.

- Bleeding paint : AGAIN, after more than 4 years !?

- Very weak ankles : NO WAY ! Oops, Matty made it again...

Conclusion : this will be another pass for me. Unless Mattel learns how to make decent and well designed female figures, I won't buy their botched Great Rebellion items !

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I was surprised that the lack of faceplate got only a passing mention.

but yeah the lack of faceplate is a deal breaker for me. it would have hidden the wigline and the bottoms of the fans...thus making her totally AWESOME! I know you guys must be sick of me saying it but Filmation designs NEED toy aspects to work in MOTUC.
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 10, 2012 at 06:02pm.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

No question - best facial and hair sculpt of the line to date.

But on what I consider a pretty inconsequential character in the She-Ra mythos. I'm happy for those who have always wanted her, and wishing they'd take a crack a re-sculpting She-Ra's face and hair now that they seem to have improved in that department.

Thanks for the advance review Dan, and I agree - your poses are getting so so good!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    and wishing they'd take a crack a re-sculpting She-Ra's face and hair now that they seem to have improved in that department.
    I'd love it if the 4H re-sculpted the face on the next She-Ra variant. (NA/Starburst She-Ra?) I've always thought she had one of the worst looking faces in the line.

I can't wait till she gets here. Now we need Spinnerella to stand next to her on my shelf.

She came out really well, despite the fact that there's about six things I would have done differently had I been the one in charge of this one
    Her paint job is waaaay better than I thought it was going to be... and her face sculpt is truly beautiful. Here's hoping for her headgear in a Weapons Pak. But more importantly (to me at least, as I think she looks fine without the gear), here's hoping for some Netossa-themed WEAPONRY to go with her!

She's beautiful! I can't wait to add her to my collection! Thank you for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The 4H did a nice job capturing her Filmation look, but I think I like the overall design of the vintage toy better.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)