Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Jitsu compare to his other versions?

How does MOTUC Jitsu compare to his other versions?

Whether it be a childhood memory, the sculpting of a figure, or whatever reason you may have. What is your choice?

Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC!!! hands down

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I love the detail of the staction, but I'm not too fond of his glove's size...
    The MOTUC version is great too, although I would have wished for a belt add-on...

O well, I call it a tie between both.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Vintage. The MOTUC version's head looks too narrow, like two fistos punched him from the left and right at the same time.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Staction is my favourite followed EXTREMELY closely by classics. (that's my POV for most. He-Man and teela in classics destroy the 200x ones (though I prefer the 200X design elements over classics brown harness longer loing cloth etc) 200x clawful destroys classics.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Staction easy peasy.

Staction...no contest.

I love the glove size...

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I would go with classics. I don't like the massive hand of the staction. I also do t like the staction face sculpt and exaggerated ponytail. The classics version is a great update. The head size doesn't bother me at all.
    Last edited by Hordak; February 22, 2013 at 09:48am.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

surprisingly, I might have to go vintage on this one. MOTUC version is a close second, though.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    MOTUC for me, although I love the staction too. I love the ponytail on the Staction, and also his belt.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

MOTUC's Jitsu FTW! He has eliments of both Classic & staction look in his sculpt and the Horsemen knocked him out of the park

If you don't mind me asking where did that crazy vintage Jitsu on the right come from?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The staction was the first Jitsu release that made me like the character, I thought the vintage was rather dull.

I think I prefer the MOTUC version best, but only barely over the staction. I do agree that the classics version would have been great with a belt.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Vintage. The MOTUC version's head looks too narrow, like two fistos punched him from the left and right at the same time.
    That's just a warning not to screw with FISTO. He punches so fast, he can punch both sides of your head at the same time.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I have fond memories of the vintage...but the MOTUC is killer!

The MOTUC has the best look body wise, but sorry, to me the head is disproportionate to the rest of him, and too over styled for said body. If the figure had a more Vintage shaped and looking head, I'd like him much more.

But the 90% of Jitsu I like is the MOTUC one.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I honestly like them all in this case. If I had to pick one though defaults fall to classics at this point. All that articulation and overall great figs.
    Kittens are delicious!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    MOTUC Jitsu...finally Jitsu can stand straight up. However, I would have liked his sword to have a silver blade instead of the toy orange version.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Vintage all the way...
    As much as I like the Staction and the Classics version, and just because of the expression... it's 100% pure unadulterated 80's badassery!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    If you don't mind me asking where did that crazy vintage Jitsu on the right come from?
    That is Shidoshi from the Fuerza-T line.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Staction tied with Classics. And yes, I'm feeling well.

While the staction has such awesome detail, that hand is a little TOO Big, even for 200X. The Classics version is basically the vintage version of Jitsu, but the new hand and the stern martial arts master face help that figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    Classics, though I love the stamper....

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I think everyone that is complaining about the head size of the MOTUC version have been staring at the absurdly mis-proportioned vintage figures far too long.

As to the thread question, I don't yet have MOTUC Jitsu in-hand, but generally speaking, the Jitsu Staction is one of the most impressive masterworks in all of pop sculpture history. And while I definitely can't say that about the MOTUC version, I think he probably represents the character a little better. So it depends what you're looking for. As a purely badass, jaw-dropping sculptural and design accomplishment, the Staction hands-down, but as the most iconic version of the character, I think the MOTUC version gets the nod.

The MOTUC version also gets big minus points for the silly orange weapons.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Staction tied with Classics. And yes, I'm feeling well.

While the staction has such awesome detail, that hand is a little TOO Big, even for 200X. The Classics version is basically the vintage version of Jitsu, but the new hand and the stern martial arts master face help that figure.
    Just kidding!

I agree with you, the staction hand is a bit too over the top. I love that the MOTUC version has a lot of the detail of the staction hand, the vintage hand is rather dull. I have heard several people complain about the MOTUC head, but I for one LOVE it. The detailing, the expression, it made the figure for me.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I think everyone that is complaining about the head size of the MOTUC version have been staring at the absurdly mis-proportioned vintage figures far too long.

As to the thread question, I don't yet have MOTUC Jitsu in-hand, but generally speaking, the Jitsu Staction is one of the most impressive masterworks in all of pop sculpture history. And while I definitely can't say that about the MOTUC version, I think he probably represents the character a little better. So it depends what you're looking for. As a purely badass, jaw-dropping sculptural and design accomplishment, the Staction hands-down, but as the most iconic version of the character, I think the MOTUC version gets the nod.

The MOTUC version also gets big minus points for the silly orange weapons.
    I don't have any Vintage figures I stare at, I was staring at all the correctly proportionate Classics in my collection, and Jitsu is not one of them.

Maybe some are staring at the dis-proportionate 200X figures for so long and are used to it.

He-Man, MAA, Sy-Klone, Skeletor....all have the right sized heads for the Classics body, yet Fisto & Jitsu don't. But Fisto looks better than Jitsu.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!