Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The black stain on Netossa's net.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Another major mistake. It makes it impossible to display her with her cape off, and weren't we told that her cape was an accessory like a weapon and that's why she doesn't have other items like her headgear? Well now it is an unusable accessory.

This is another QC in a long, and seemingly never-ending line. I'm seriously considering bailing on this line. Too many issues and too many empty promises. No more excuses Mattel & TG.
    Well I think it's pretty obviously NOT a QC problem, but an art decision gone wrong. But we haven't seen the mass produced figure yet, just the early preview examples.
    Last edited by hadley; January 8, 2013 at 08:59pm. Reason: somehow it posted twice in one post....weird

Heroic Warrior
    I posted another question regarding the black spot on the cape in the Ask Matty forum and got the following answer:

"I have opened up 10 Netossas and not one had this spot. It is not intentional".

So either he didn't understand my question or not all Netossas have this problem.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I think it adds realism... maybe it's some kind hair product that got on her cape... like Soul Glow

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I think it adds realism... maybe it's some kind hair product that got on her cape... like Soul Glow

There's always a hitch with Matty.
    Last edited by 13977; January 10, 2013 at 06:13am. Reason: removed youtube link in quote
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFo1LNAQh6U

Pics or it didn't happen, Scott!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    I posted another question regarding the black spot on the cape in the Ask Matty forum and got the following answer:

"I have opened up 10 Netossas and not one had this spot. It is not intentional".

So either he didn't understand my question or not all Netossas have this problem.
    Well, this image from NYCC begs to differ:

I believe that would've been put out by someone from Mattel?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Movie mayhem!
    Wow... I really hope we see an uptick in quality control in 2013 now that we are paying so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Is that an opening for Spy-Fly???!!!

Attachment 80936

Oh you!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Well, this image from NYCC begs to differ...
    Oh! Number three and busted at the same time. Nice.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post

It seems to me that maybe they didn't understand the question. It really seems unlikely that this issue was fixed if it showed up in review samples, right?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Happy new MOTUC year!
    The black stain isn't only on samples... it's on every Netossa...

Another Mattel fail...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    Yep. Too many stupid screw ups in this line. Totally unnecessary.

Just wipe the black off with acetone. I didnt even care because i don't pose my figures looking at the wall, i have them looking out at me from their shelves so i will never see the mark.

I think it came from Jitsu's forehead...

If it was intentional then my nettossa must be defected I have no black stain

Heroic Warrior
    My Netossa has the dreaded "black stain".

I really don't understand what the intended purpose of this paint application was. If every individual paint application costs Mattel money, then I would have MUCH preferred a "metallic dark blue" overspray on the breast-plate/feathers (similar to the metallic blue used on the peacock design in the centre of the bodice) or a "metallic powder blue" overspray on the skirt (similar to the metallic powder blue of Evil-Lynn's staff) to reference the intended "silver" colour of the skirt and other powder blue parts.

Other than a strange spot on the forehead and the black stain on the cape, my Netossa is pretty awesome!