Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The black stain on Netossa's net.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Painting rubbery plastic will be a pain in the you know what I mean...
    A spot that small shouldn't be too difficult.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I plan to display her with her cape on and since it doesn't affect her body's structural/aesthetic lines I will likely forget it is even there.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Looking at it in hand, it definitely does look intentional. I'm not entirely sure what it is either..
    Keep reading the bios.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Its an odd choice but I will have her with the cape on so outta sight outta mind for me, I think she looks bad without the cape on so I won't miss it much.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm going to guess that TG will come back and say it was intentional, but I hope not and it's just a production error on a handful of them. I had planned on displaying it as her weapon since is was so expensive to make that it prevented her from coming with anything but that and a shield.

I'm not even slightly bothered by this...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm not even slightly bothered by this...
    I'm not either because I don't plan on displaying her without the cape...but it is an odd design choice.

It's stupid, considering a lot of Netossa fans were clamoring for some sort of silver highlight element on her cape and outfit, that they would do something like this- which just looks stupid. Sure, they are capable of adding paint highlights- as evidenced by this black blotch on her weapon (remember, her cape is meant to be a weapon... it's why she didn't get anything else other than a shield!). "It was a design choice by Ruben..." I can hear it already. Why do they let them make these kinds of dumb choices?!

Doesn't bother me in the least. Not one bit.

Just looks like an odd attempt at shading to me. Doesn't bother me, I planned on displaying her with her cape on anyway.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Just looks like an odd attempt at shading to me. Doesn't bother me, I planned on displaying her with her cape on anyway.
    Me too, so no issue here.

Heroic Warrior
    The "black spot" is annoying for anyone who wanted to pose Netossa using her "weapon" since her cape is her weapon according to Mattel.

I'll be displaying Netossa wearing her cape, but it does limit posing possibilities since the "black spot" is unsightly when you remove the cape to pose the figure holding it as a throwing net.

And I don't think the "black spot" even makes sense when the cape is used as a cape. There is no need for a "painted" shadow for Netossa's hair. I guess it's just another odd "design" choice by Mattel like Stinkor's reversed forearms, Frosta's "mid grey" instead of "bright white" paint, Frosta's translucent hair instead of translucent cape, etc.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'm so glad they went with the black stain variation. I was on was on the fence about getting her, but now I can't wait!!!

From the pictures, it looks like somebody used the cape to put out a cigarette. Either that, or that's what's left of the fly after they used the cape as a fly-swatter.

It's not really a big deal, but I'd really like to have a lot more figures without any flaws.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    From the pictures, it looks like somebody used the cape to put out a cigarette. Either that, or that's what's left of the fly after they used the cape as a fly-swatter.

It's not really a big deal, but I'd really like to have a lot more figures without any flaws.
    Is that an opening for Spy-Fly???!!!

SPYFLY_by_Patreek.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I'm so glad they went with the black stain variation. I was on was on the fence about getting her, but now I can't wait!!!
    Oh you!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I believe the black stain is a nod to her 200x design, or at least what she would have looked like had the show continued. It's also in the Power and Honor book, page 534. Mark Taylor put the black stain as a joke to see if Roger Sweet would say anything. Sweet saw the prank coming a mile away and didn't take the bait.

People.

Come on.

This was not INTENTIONAL.

The figure shown at NYCC didn't have this.

The dark spot, and the strange change in the shape of the spot are clearly a reaction either between the paint on the hair and the cape paint and plastic, or the gel used to release the pieces from the mold.

You all realize that by suggesting that this was intentional, you're giving Mattel permission to suggest that it was.

It's a mistake. It's really really unfortunate, but let's not be blind here lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    People.

Come on.

The dark spot, and the strange change in the shape of the spot are clearly a reaction either between the paint on the hair and the cape paint and plastic, or the gel used to release the pieces from the mold.

You all realize that by suggesting that this was intentional, you're giving Mattel permission to suggest that it was.

Reben added it to make Netossa POP more.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Kind of like that extra green on Clawful's mace?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Who's Reben?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I have seen two different kinds of Plastic "Melt" when the touch for a period of time. It has happen to some of my figures that were put away for storage. It is usually the more rubbery stuff touching a harder plastic which is what is going on here. Some one should try scratching the black spot and see if any black paint comes off. I fear there is some kind of reaction going on here.

Ha!

(maybe I've been taking you literally when you have been trying to be humorously sarcastic - if so I'm sorry for the misinterpretation).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

People.
    If Mattel decides to comment on this, I'm sure they'll tell the truth whether it was intentional or not. There's been no indication that they've never lied about this line before, no reason to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Painting rubbery plastic will be a pain in the you know what I mean...
    Paining softer plastics isn't all that hard, but you can only use Acrylics....I've done it many times very easily.

People.

Come on.

It's not overly bad, but it's something that you have to scratch you head and be like....why in the **** did they do that stupid ****?

Maybe it's a stain from someone she previously had in her net that crapped their pants when she caught them....I don't know....some things don't come out in the wash....

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Kind of like that extra green on Clawful's mace?
    Nope....Stinkor....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It may just be a chemical reaction like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Whatever the reason this is a non-issue for me because she will be displayed with her cape on.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!