Thread: Reskin League of Legends to be MOTU?

Reskin League of Legends to be MOTU?

League of Legends is a very popular online game where players take control of "Champions' and battle an opposing team to capture their base. Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. Each team starts at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets. Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane.

The current roster has over 80 champions, and many of them have either visual similarties to MOTU characters, or have powers/playstyle similar to how I think MOTU characters would play in a game. Since there are many orgers here who are talented enough to edit sprites, I figured I'd pop this up to see what people have to say.

LOL has a huge community, and people make their own content all the time. So far I've only seen basic edits, however I know some heavily talented people exist in the world of editing sprites. Could this be the solution to our lack of MOTU game?

Janna's storm powers would make a perfect base for Sy-Klone. Nidalee has a panther transformation. It probably wouldn't take much to transform her into Catra, and replace her spear with a blaster. Heimerdinger has turrets, gadgets and weapons, some editing could make him a Man-At-Arms. LeBlanc is only a few color swaps and cosmetic changes away from being Evil-Lyn or if you want to go obscure, Double Trouble. Rammus? There is a no brainer. Ram Man!

The barbarian Tryndamere, or the warrior Garen would probably very easily become He-Man. In fact, the champion Pantheon already has a He-Man inspired skin, even though he carries a spear/sword.

Skeletor could be produced from any one of the cool mages, such as Karthus. It just seems so easy! Veigar is practically Orko. The Sorceress could probably be mined from Soraka, with her healing spells. Mer-Man? Another no brainer! Fizz has a trident, and a giant shark pet!

The game doesn't require alot of memory or high end systems to run, so orgers with older computers could still play. If I had the ability to do so myself, there would be an MOTU League right now!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 23, 2012 at 03:25am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Pretty kewl designs on those characters!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Sorry, I'm not a pc gAmer, I have tried the game. There is an xbla game called monday night combat that is a mix of this and team fortress 2. From what I aged it seemed like it couldbe a real fun game to get into with friends, but console put out enough decent to great games to keep me busy all year.

I'm not much of a DotA game actually, but I appreciate if there's a MotU mod on this one! Probably I won't get it since The States block Malaysian player since we host our own server! It is a great idea, but I feel left out if it's available!
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Yeah they are pretty cool. And they could easily be made to be MOTU if someone had the sprite editing skill.

So am I the only orger who plays LOL?

They keep releasing characters that make me want to mod it into an MOTU game. The latest champion, Vi, could easily become Fisto or Thunderpunch He-Man with the proper visual editing, and Nami the tidecaller is practically a green-skinned Mermista. If one were to swap Swain's awesome morphing raven graphics with serpent graphics, you have a King Hiss.

Syndra's costume is basically Evil-Lyn (or Sindel from MK), black/purple with white hair, and an ornate helmet. Am I the only one who sees this? I'm starting to think that the people at Riot Games watched alot of MOTU as kids.