Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever get hooked on certain foods?

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

Ever get hooked on certain foods?

Certain foods that you just eat for days on end without getting tired of? That sometimes happens to me.

Every day for about the last two weeks for breakfast, I've had the generic brand of Cinnamon Toast Crunch (with a few days of the generic brand of Golden Grahams)---funny, the first time I tried the generic I wasn't too impressed, but I can't get enough of it right now. Usually I break up breakfast monotony by having biscuits and butter, or scrambled eggs with cheese, and bacon now and then. But just this cereal for the last couple of weeks.

Also for the last couple of weeks, I've had a bowl of "cookie soup" every night. What is cookie soup, you ask? Well it's simply taking some cookies (I use Reduced Fat Chips Ahoy---about 7 or so), break them into bite-size pieces into a bowl, fill it with milk. Mm-mmmm, delicious "cookie soup". A great chocolatey, milky, cold snack. Perfect for that bedtime munchie.

But although I call it cookie soup, you don't heat it up.

Anyone else suddenly just get addicted to a certain food or dish for a couple or few weeks?
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I get lazy or busy and aren't able to cook, so I get stuck with quick-meals or leftovers for a few days in a row, but actually desiring the same food repeatedly doesn't happen to me.
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Noodles.

Never mind days...I can go weeks
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Not anymore. It used to be cereal. Any kind(as long as no raisins or fruit in it) would do. I would eat it 3 times a day. BIG bowls too. Thank god for the gym and high metabolisms! lol. Now? I can't think of anything i'm stuck on. I was stuck on Kimchi instant soup in a bowl for a few weeks. I'd eat it for lunch like 4 days a week. But now, nothing really.

The food I eat or could eat everyday without getting sick of them is Cheese sticks I love them.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Since it's this time of the year...I've already eaten a few kilograms of peppercake dough again this December. And will most likely eat about 10 kilos more before Christmas Eve.
    Last edited by pH6; December 13, 2007 at 01:42pm. Reason: forgot a detail
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I could have a Starbucks Caramel Frap every day of my life and be quite happy.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I eat Planters dry roasted sunflower kernels all day long.

I love the taste, but they do make me thirsty.

I also eat Cinnamon Life cereal for breakfast every day. Although, we are out of milk today. That really blows.

Brassy Baroness
    The only kind I can think of is cheese.

I swear to God I have never had a hamburger always cheeseburger. It's like it slips in and I am completely unaware I have it in my food until it's not there. I bet if left to my own devices it would some how appear on my ice cream. I don't add it knowingly, it's like breathing really.

You reach for the salt, I reach for the cheese slicer.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Cheese is good for me. I could have cheese on everything I eat and ok with it.

That and McRibs. I swear I could have 1 McRib every day and be happy.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I really should be workin wingprincess's Avatar
    Right now it is Buffalo Wild Wings - Buffalo wings with Parmesan Garlic sauce on them.

If you haven't tried it, you so should!! Soooo Goooood!!
    "Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the seas! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!" - Galadriel

Now that it's the holiday season, pumpkin pie is my soulmate. I swear if you sat two down in front of me, I could eat both in one sitting and still want more.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Many foods. Meats are my favourite and all kinds of sweets (especially milk chocolates--> God Forbid, not Hershey's).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I could have a Starbucks Caramel Frap every day of my life and be quite happy.
    You could settle for one. I d like one in the mornin and one in the evening.
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Noodles.

Never mind days...I can go weeks
    Udon noodles!? Udon noodles are the best!

As for me, food is my weakness. I'd have a six pack if I didn't pack so much into me. I have no willpower against most desserts, cheeses and breads.

If I had to choose one food that I seem to crave often and can't give up, I'd have to say, um, ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    The only kind I can think of is cheese.

I swear to God I have never had a hamburger always cheeseburger. It's like it slips in and I am completely unaware I have it in my food until it's not there. I bet if left to my own devices it would some how appear on my ice cream. I don't add it knowingly, it's like breathing really.

You reach for the salt, I reach for the cheese slicer.
    New Zealand exports cheese slices covered in a layer of chocolate to Taiwan. Apparently over there it is really popular and I think you may enjoy them yourself!

Brassy Baroness
    If it taste anything like Chocolate cheese (had it on a trip to Wisconsin) no!
    I could not tase that wonderful tang of a the cheddar.

But I also had one with edam and dried cranberries and that one totally rocked!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Heroic Warrior
    I was on a 3 bag a week Jelly Belly habit at one point.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Does coffee count? Because I am most definitely addicted to that. Other than that, not so much. I just like food in general.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    I'm currently going through a honey roasted peanut phase.
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord Skeletor View Post
    I'm currently going through a honey roasted peanut phase.
    MMMMmmm, I love those too. I get a big ol' whoppin' container of Planters Peanuts and snack 'em on a lot. Good stuff.

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    I just polished off a jar a few minutes ago. My second one in like 4 days.
    The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world.

Marks and Spencer's chocolate tea cakes!
    I'll polish off a tray of them in an evening!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

A couple of years ago my friend got me hooked on Big Red float soda.I was totally going Godzilla on them like a case every 4 days!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

in tha last few years I switched from drinking Pepsi to Dr. Pepper... and I must say I have to have it... I don't even like Pepsi anymore now that I have started drinking DP so much.

And Trapeys Red Devil Sauce... that stuff is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I can put it on anything!
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I've been eating brown sugar/cinammon Pop Tarts for most of my life. Frosted. I'd occasionally break away and eat the strawberry ones or more recently, the french toast ones, which I can't seem to find anymore.

I've also been a Mountain Dew fiend for the last 13 years or so. There is no mightier drink in my world. On a typical day, I can polish off 2 or 3 cans of it at dinner.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin