Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some ebay advice (deals with international shipping)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    ***? I just logged into my Paypal account and they put the amount the guy paid AND his shipping on hold from me. I can understand the amount of the items, but NOT THE SHIPPING!!! I paid the shipping when I shipped the items out, and therefore, if they want to give him the shipping cost back, they need to go to USPS and deal with them. Not to mention I have a no returns/refunds/exchanges policy on the ebay auction for a reason. I think I am done with ebay in general. I'll either just sell on message boards of not sell the items at all.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    EDIT - Did you guys get the email from eBay where they are trying to create a domestic hub that you would send international items to that would handle all of the issues? Here is the ebay page http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html
    Of course they are I am surprised they have not tried to buy the USPS at this point since they own the selling and payment systems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    ***? I just logged into my Paypal account and they put the amount the guy paid AND his shipping on hold from me. I can understand the amount of the items, but NOT THE SHIPPING!!! I paid the shipping when I shipped the items out, and therefore, if they want to give him the shipping cost back, they need to go to USPS and deal with them. Not to mention I have a no returns/refunds/exchanges policy on the ebay auction for a reason. I think I am done with ebay in general. I'll either just sell on message boards of not sell the items at all.
    Prepare to kiss the entire payment goodbye
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

That is illegal though. They have the proof that I shipped it. They are stealing MY money at that point since I spent his money to ship the products. They have the tracking number. Do they want me to send them a copy of the receipt?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

That is illegal though. They have the proof that I shipped it. They are stealing MY money at that point since I spent his money to ship the products. They have the tracking number. Do they want me to send them a copy of the receipt?
    They changed their rules, they require it to shown as delivered. Read the fine print of your user agreement and you will see how screwed you are (how screwed we all are)

When you accept a payment with them you are bound to their rules since they are a private corporation. They are not FDIC insured and they do not fall under any real legalities since they are private.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah, I've sold only one item so far on Ebay (a Hot Toys figure), and that solitary experience convinced me to use the site for selling as little as possible. Not only did I get a lot of goof-balls sending messages to try and con me into selling the figure to them at a steep discount (listed the item at half its going rate; what a rip-off! - thank goodness the buyer was a decent guy!), but Ebay won't let me get the money from the transaction until next week because I didn't use their shipping hub (didn't know the exact weight of the item - wasn't going to guess).

I even had someone from Ebay call me after the sale to tell me how to ship the item to the seller. I told her not only had I shipped it five days beforehand, not only had I inputted the tracking number on the site (which they didn't bother to use), but that the seller had messaged me that day that he had received the figure. She still wanted to send me an email to inform me on how to ship items to their buyers!

Ebay = absolutely last resort for selling items.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Just cause you paid for shipping and sent it doesn't mean you have proof that it arrived. No proof = instant refund to buyer.

Since you have no proof that it arrived, the buyer will get a full refund no matter what.

Not to mention I have a no returns/refunds/exchanges policy on the ebay auction for a reason.
    That means nothing. To be honest Ebay should just remove that option from their listings. It's quite deceiving. If you accept payment through Paypal you have to prove that you fulfilled your part of the transaction or the buyer will get a refund. It doesn't matter what your "policy" is on Ebay. The Paypal "policy" basically overrides whatever "return policy" you have with Ebay.

It doesn't matter if you don't take international bids. They will still bid in your auctions. Why FeeBay allows that, I have no idea.
    I specifically state in each auction no international shipping. I still have international bidders bidding in and winning my auctions.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    It doesn't matter if you don't take international bids. They will still bid in your auctions. Why FeeBay allows that, I have no idea.
    They don't. You can block international bidders.

You just have to adjust your preferences in your seller account.

I specifically state in each auction no international shipping. I still have international bidders bidding in and winning my auctions.
    Then they will have to pay large shipping fees if they bid, especially because I am now listing in the description I will no longer do international shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    They don't. You can block international bidders.

You just have to adjust your preferences in your seller account.

? Now, why is that not the default option? Freaking Ebay, man....

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    You can try to sell off eBay, but then people EXPECT AND DEMAND you sell for way less than eBay prices.

I can understand selling for eBay price minus what fees would consume, but no buyer is entitled to 50% off just because it's not on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    You can try to sell off eBay, but then people EXPECT AND DEMAND you sell for way less than eBay prices.

I can understand selling for eBay price minus what fees would consume, but no buyer is entitled to 50% off just because it's not on eBay.
    Agree 100%. I sell vintage He-Man on eBay. I usually sell the original He-Man figure compete in good shape for between $40 and $60 depending on the day. People here sometimes contact me expecting to pay ~$15 just because its not ebay.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    Agree 100%. I sell vintage He-Man on eBay. I usually sell the original He-Man figure compete in good shape for between $40 and $60 depending on the day. People here sometimes contact me expecting to pay ~$15 just because its not ebay.

I try to avoid Ebay because it's inflexible. If someone here is selling 200X, I can buy in bulk. In part, this cuts shipping cost dramatically. Additionally, I have some say in which figures I get. On Ebay you generally have to win a large lot (which is hard enough) and then get stuck with some that you don't want.

I've had great luck on this site with stuff like 200X and Toy Biz stuff from the 90s. Much better luck than I ever would have had on Ebay. They are, generally, cheaper, but not by that much. And I don't get stuck with lame variants
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; December 14, 2012 at 03:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

This is why I usually don't sell on discussion boards.

Everybody wants a deal.

This is why I usually don't sell on discussion boards.

Everybody wants a deal.

Some people consider ebay prices to be absurd - driven up by global competition. It is a valid point.

You can get great deals at flea markets. Are flea market prices too cheap, or are ebay prices too high? Depends on your perspective

Some people consider ebay prices to be absurd - driven up by global competition. It is a valid point.

You can get great deals at flea markets. Are flea market prices too cheap, or are ebay prices too high? Depends on your perspective
    We have probably strayed too far off the main topic but I have to say I have had equally great experiences buying and selling both here and on eBay. That being said, I have also had equally negative experiences . I think the balance would tip in favor of the .org Marketplace for good experiences. We have some of the best fans and collectors of any property out there! And I agree about the high prices driven by global demand. That is why I just save a search in my eBay preferences and check on it from time to time. Eventually, if I have patience (which I normally don't), I am able to score a nice deal.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

What?

So what you are saying is that I should sell stuff cheap cause people sell stuff cheap at flea markets?

My point was that people think just cause they "know you" that they deserve a deal. That's absurd.

What?

So what you are saying is that I should sell stuff cheap cause people sell stuff cheap at flea markets?

My point was that people think just cause they "know you" that they deserve a deal. That's absurd.

No, that isn't what I"m saying. I'm saying there is a portion of the collecting community that won't pay Ebay prices. You may be mistaking these people for trying to "low ball" you, when that is, in fact, their highest price.

Don't ever sell anything on ebay internationally. It's the sad truth. Just not worth it.

The only way I will ever consider it is if it's shipped with tracking and insured. Most international buyers won't want to pay that much, so it saves me the hassle of having to deal with it. Ebay sucks, but it really isn't so bad if you just focus on the US and ignore the rest of the world.

Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with people? Now I have a different guy, who finally got his item, saying I sent him a small box full of garbage. I told him that is a flat out lie and I have the receipt that shows it is 12x10x8 and weights 2 lbs 5.40 ozs and will scan it in to show him.

In fact, you tell me, does that sound like a small box:

EDIT:

Oh this is too funny. He sent me a picture of the box. It is in a small priority mail box. Hmmmmmmmmm, my receipt says I used first class. the price on the stamp says $16.95. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I paid $20.50. Wait, the stamp also says Denver CO when it was mailed from the Englewood CO location. Oh, and the customs slip is NOT in my hand writing and he refuses to take a picture of the signature on it with it attached to the box. I told him to **** off he is not getting a refund. I WILL take ebay to court on this if I have to.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; January 1, 2013 at 02:26pm.

People suck. But seriously, stop shipping internationally. It's just not worth the headache and money loss it will cause you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    People suck. But seriously, stop shipping internationally. It's just not worth the headache and money loss it will cause you.
    I already have. The auction I sent to Chile last week was the last international auction I am doing. I removed the shipping options and state in all my current auctions that I will no longer ship internationally, so don't ask.

I already have. The auction I sent to Chile last week was the last international auction I am doing. I removed the shipping options and state in all my current auctions that I will no longer ship internationally, so don't ask.
    Just don't ship to South America and places like Italy... everywhere else make the buyer pay for insured/tracked shipping. I ship international by insured shipping and have never had a problem with ebay/Paypal. The problem with limiting your buyers is if it's something rare, the item could sell for a lower price and it's stopping all the genuine buyers getting a chance at the item too.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Nah, it isn't worth the hassle of trying to figure out shipping costs, trying to get a box that can be shipped overseas, and then the joys of custom forms. Honestly, I am glad to be done shipping overseas. I would rather sell an item to a US buyer for $50 than to an international buyer for $100 where I miscalculated shipping by $25.

At least, through ebay. In fact, I am pretty much done with ebay after my current set of auctions end.

On a message board though, if the person is willing to pay the shipping costs, I'm cool shipping overseas because they can't do **** if they don't get the item.

BTW, I came to learn that the guy in Greece from way back in one of the first discussions is not scamming me. The package has not even left the US yet as it is still sitting in customs.

Ebay is quite frustrating. I had one person complain last week that I used Parcel Post -- shouldn't have bid then -- and another person sent me a message offering me roughly 68% of listed price for an item that only cost $28

What we need is something like the org marketplace but with an enormous number of people like Ebay has.