Thread: nhl lockout

nhl lockout

the nhl cancels games through dec. 30. is anyone else losing their mind?
    I write comics, too! Check out Studio Stella Polaris on Drive Thru Comics!

I'm to the point where I'm done with the NHL. I was an avid fan before the last lockout, but the lost season, rule changes and team reshuffle turned me off for a couple of seasons. I finally started getting back into hockey after the last winter olympics and here we are on strike and locked out again.

I'm to the point now where I just don't care anymore.

it's too frustrating to watch this happen every decade. I get what you're saying, but I'm having a hard time investing my attention in other sports, especially when my teams are either choking in the world series, or are just choking in general. at least I can catch a college game here and there.
    I write comics, too! Check out Studio Stella Polaris on Drive Thru Comics!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm getting sick and tired of all the BS. I do a lot of work with the Nashville Predators and that has suffered as a result of the lockout. They should have had a deal by now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I'm to the point where I'm done with the NHL. I was an avid fan before the last lockout, but the lost season, rule changes and team reshuffle turned me off for a couple of seasons. I finally started getting back into hockey after the last winter olympics and here we are on strike and locked out again.

I'm to the point now where I just don't care anymore.

I think this is how so many people feel. Hockey was just starting to become popular and then they had a lockout. They shot themselves in the foot. And I agree about the rule changes.

Frankly, I dont even care anymore. If its on and its a team I like and there is nothing I then I will watch. Otherwise, I dont search it out.

I think this lockout is hurting them. Perhaps more people will go to football now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    I'm getting sick and tired of all the BS. I do a lot of work with the Nashville Predators and that has suffered as a result of the lockout. They should have had a deal by now.
    This is what bothers me. Its not the stupid owners, or the players who are hurting its all the other people...ya know the little people.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I am so very angry about the lockout... It is getting more and more annoying everyday!
    It is the only sport I really watch, and to have half a seaon of nothing, but date changes... is bad... They are losing money and fans by the day... this is bad for hockey.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I've just written the season off. I had tickets for 3 games this season and already refunded one (Kings vs. Hawks Nov. 27th) I still have two left in Jan. & March, but as soon as the option to get a refund for those presents itself I'll do the same for those. Better luck next season, I guess.