Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY SUBSCRIPTIONS page countdown...

MY SUBSCRIPTIONS page countdown...

How about that Sweet "My Subscriptions Page" feature? T-Minus how many days until that promise will be broken? About 30? Its only been about 180 days since they promised it would be here "soon" during the sub drive. Of course, that was about the umpteenth time it was promised to be coming soon over the last 2 years.

T-Minus 30 Days until it will not be here in time for pre-charging for the January Subscriptions, making it useless and yet another broken promise. Let the waiting and nail biting for poor Scott begin. DR creates so many problems...fixes none.

While we are waiting, check out the poll created by RockinHard HERE. The results are rather telling.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; December 11, 2012 at 02:17am.

If they don't have it ready to go before the sub kicks in, THEY HAVE to reimburse me the difference I have to pay for combined shipping. I do want to split my subs and these people cause nothing but stomach aches. Sorry, but DR is horrible. Why Scott? Why?

Didn't Scott just answer some question about with a snarky Fall doesn't end until December 21st? I seem to recall something like that. That would leave only 10 days for the to finally unveil what in February was only weeks away.

J

I'll be REALLY worried about possibility of a 2014 line going through if they can't follow through on this promise. There can only be so many broken promises before people give up....

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Oh, that sweet and impossible page...

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Didn't Scott just answer some question about with a snarky Fall doesn't end until December 21st? I seem to recall something like that. That would leave only 10 days for the to finally unveil what in February was only weeks away.

J
    Yes, I remember TG saying this, too.

I hope that the page comes up soon. It was promised during the 2013 sub drive, so I am hopeful that Mattel comes through on this promise.

Yup, and I may just be out of a sub, if they don't update my card date....and I will be ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Yes, I remember TG saying this, too.

I hope that the page comes up soon. It was promised during the 2013 sub drive, so I am hopeful that Mattel comes through on this promise.
    They can't come through on this, and we're supposed to believe "Early Access" will work?
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah - How many times did Scott plead with us during the sub-drive that this issue would be 'off the table'?????

If it happens - congratulations - basic website functionality in just over 4 years!!

Heroic Warrior
    Guys and gals, please don't tell me you STILL believe that this "my subscription" page will be implemented in time. In February, Toyguru was caught on video telling us and PROMISING that the "my subscription" page would come in just a matter of WEEKS. It has been MONTHS, for Goodness sake !

It is OK to be naive once. It is not OK to be fooled again and again.
    Last edited by Prahvus; December 11, 2012 at 03:09pm.

I still fondly recall (read stomach-ache inducing NOT fondly) Scott saying; "We should have the My Sub page ready to go in the next few weeks... if not by early 2013!" Of course, this was around the same time he similarly promised that 99.9% of the problems with DR would (he promised) be a thing of the past. So obviously strength of character, keeping promises within reason, and not over promising and under delivering are aspects of Scott's personality that are a work in progress. Hey, I'm not perfect either, but this is an ongoing thing with Scott and he tends to over promise specifically when something huge is on the line... like helping the sub to go through or making Grayskull happen. Not good Scott and shame, shame.

That being said, I predict the My Sub page will be vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Yeah - How many times did Scott plead with us during the sub-drive that this issue would be 'off the table'?????
    If it happens - congratulations - basic website functionality in just over 4 years!!
    QFT.--^ I don't have the pic handy or I'd post it, but can someone please post the pic of Capt. Picard doing a face palm? This seems the most apt description for how this entire topic makes me feel.
    Last edited by Stygian360; December 11, 2012 at 01:25pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I don't know, by the time we get this I fully expect a free copy of Diablo 4.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    This was a very basic, fundamental promise, and it was made months ago. And then once the sub drive ended, it got really quiet all of a sudden. We should have received updates by now if there have been issues.

The responsible thing is to communicate what the status is. Even if it is bad news. If Toyguru is afraid of the backlash bad news about this will cause...what does that say to the relationship that has been cultivated up to this point? DR issues have been a huge issue for many, and it needs to be handled seriously.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Wasn't this page up about a year ago and then promptly taken down because they had some bugs to work out? I remember Scott saying at Toy Fair in February that it was "coming soon" and he may have even promised that it would be up within a few weeks at that point. It's been almost a year since then

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Pink flying unicorns and talking ducks are real!!!!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Warrior
    If early access isn't ready by January so I can scalp Ram Mam bald I'll be dissappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    If early access isn't ready by January so I can scalp Ram Mam bald I'll be dissappointed.

Early Access doesn't grant you access to sub figures, only non sub figures. Rammy is thankfully a sub figure, so I know I'm guaranteed him, well as guaranteed as all sub holders were guaranteed Fisto....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

A countdown for "My Subscriptions"? How long can you count to?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Given that we've heard no updates of late that I know of, I'm wondering how they will try to re-define "early in 2013" after the beginning of the year...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I guess we will have news after December sale. I had the impression that this page would be for choosing different shipping methods and credit cards before every month sale. Is that right? Now since some DOS items would be offered first to the sub holders that means we would be able to combine shipping? Is everything related or I am missing something?

Like the sands of the hour glass these are the days of our lives.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Snappy Threader
    I'm not sure when it will be up, but I would much rather them take their time and get it right than put something out there that won't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I would much rather them take their time and get it right than put something out there that won't work correctly.
    If they take too much longer the Line will be over!
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Honestly why can't it get done efficiently AND on time? Why would be an expectation of something delivered on time AND working right be extreme?

There has been a whole year to do this. Also, this isn't exactly new tech here. The internet isn't brand new and Mattel and DR aren't inventing the wheel for managing online subscriptions and orders.

Bottom line, the fans stepped up and made the 2013 sub happen. Now it is time to get this page we were promised. Pretty basic stuff here.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    If they take too much longer the Line will be over!
    THEIR KILLN TEH LIEN.... with no sub page!!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I bet they are waiting till after this years sub is over (after the 17th).

I bet something with the my sub page can either mess up the current sub or that it will allow us to grab Granamyr early.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior