Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY SUBSCRIPTIONS page countdown...

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    It'll be operational after my sub products go to my old address in Alexandria, while I sit here in Miami Beach, foolishly hoping that the person that changed my address a few weeks ago actually got it right.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Empty promises are part of Mattel's business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I guess we will have news after December sale. I had the impression that this page would be for choosing different shipping methods and credit cards before every month sale. Is that right? Now since some DOS items would be offered first to the sub holders that means we would be able to combine shipping? Is everything related or I am missing something?
    Well, this mystical "feature" of Matty Collector we are waiting for here, is nothing more than a page that would let us change our credit card information, shipping address, and shipping method (ie usps, ups ground, or 2 day delivery) and at least be reasonably assured that it would work, unlike all other methods used so far. That is all. Just basic, customer service. The line is 4 years old and we are still waiting for this epic feet of web coding and logistics. Too bad it won't do anything else magical, or even function properly, based on all reasonable expectations from prior experiences with the magestic DIGITAL RIVER. Keep in mind, Matty has lost thousands of dollars due to customers having their subs cancelled due to not being able to update expired/nonworking credit cards with a working payment option.

Combining shipping is something Scott has said they have been working on for years, and can't get to work. At least he promised the My Subscription page. SO I wouldn't hold your breath for combined shipping. It is like parting the red sea. It is possible, but only through a miracle. A miracle like any other online retailers regular business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I guess we will have news after December sale. I had the impression that this page would be for choosing different shipping methods and credit cards before every month sale. Is that right? Now since some DOS items would be offered first to the sub holders that means we would be able to combine shipping? Is everything related or I am missing something?
    That is what it's supposed to do for shipping, I believe, that and offer sub holders first crack at non sub items before DOS, not already sub related ones....
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    The line is 4 years old and we are still waiting for this epic feet of web coding and logistics.
    Logistics = MattyCollector's worst enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I bet they are waiting till after this years sub is over (after the 17th).

I bet something with the my sub page can either mess up the current sub or that it will allow us to grab Granamyr early.
    The last one let sub holders order more figures in the first two months...people were also able to get into a sub after Jan to avoid the Star Sisters but get in to get Sorceress / Fisto and most importantly Shadow Weaver!!!

There is a real reason those figures "ran out"....

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Mattel is probably hoping the world does end, because if it doesn't, then they really have to figure out how to get the page working.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 927 times, shame on me.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Thanks for the answer darkmoon766 and shadowfall1976! I guess we will have to sit, wait and expect for the best!

I have zero faith that this will be up before the end of the year. I have even less faith than that we will be able to combine advanced purchases with our subs. The bigger problem still lies in this being a DR database. Yes, we have access to certain aspects but somehow old info STILL stays in their system. Nothing we do with the subscription page will alter that.

It's really a shame because and high school senior taking web design course could have set this up in a week or two.

Alot of big promises were made this year during the sub drive and we have yet to see most of what was promised. In fact, we may have slipped back in alot of ways. We will see how the start of the year goes but right now it seems every month there is some screw-up. At this rate I might have to have some "credit card issues" that don't get resolved.

27 Days left until "My Subscriptions Page" will be up, or Matty and DR are seen to be incompetent liars!

Here's hoping they can defeat the pressure and stroll into the world of e-commerce circa 1999!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    At this rate I might have to have some "credit card issues" that don't get resolved.
    You too?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Since there is an official date (kind of) for the countdown to end... Let's look at the specifics here.

NEW! My Subscriptions Section

For 2013, we’re stoked to launch the all-new My Subscriptions section. If you’re a subscription holder, this will be your go-to spot to manage everything related to your subscriptions account. You can change/update your credit card information, shipping address, email address, and even combine or separate shipments. We expect to launch around the 10th of January and subscribers will receive an announcement and link to the new section as soon as it’s live.
    January Subscription Key Dates

If you’re a subscription holder, here are the important dates to note for January 2013: Your subscription will renew 5 calendar days before the on-sale date, at which time your card will be authorized for the full amount of your order, so plan to have funds available before Thursday, January 10th
    This seems like it may be a problem for the first month, no?

Anyway, according to their "on or around on" date of January 10th, the countdown is now 4 days to it existing or not. Since they have seemingly made themselves miss the crucial date of billing by at least one day, the original countdown now seems to be moot.

Where X<10

X-10= X =NEGATIVE Number. Thanks for playing Matty.

So the original countdown date will be made in negative numbers until the My subscriptions page is actually up from the billing date. Will they actually have the page up by the 10th? The smart money says no, as it even says on or around the 10th, and this is Matty.

For now, we are still in the positive side of the countdown with 4 days to go!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I'm not holding my breath for the date to be accurate, much less for it to work accurately.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

If I can't get DR to change my card, it won't matter to me. I had high hopes this would be smooth & painless. Way to go on getting it up on time so, ya know people who need to use it can. So glad I'm a first time subber. I don't want to sound like a grump, but it was promised to be up & running, and the fact I can change card info on Amazon in under 60 seconds without a phone call just makes this very irritating. I shouldn't have to worry about spending money. It's like the don't want $700.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

So there's 5 days left until the sale date and Mattel still doesn't have this feature or the early access option available to subscribers. I'm going to bet that this won't get done in time or they will launch it, there will be problems, and they will promptly take it down again with a promise that it will be "coming soon".

Where is it? I want to make sure my subs are going to ship to the correct address.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    I called Matty customer service yesterday to (ATTEMPT TO) avoid what inevitably happened today.
    There appears to be NO subscription portal yet, and I needed to change my "go to" CC info for the new year's subs. I spoke with "JESSIE" about switching over to a card that would be ready for the charges.

Today the WRONG card got hit for 3 separate charges for the 3 different subs.
    Customer Service ATTEMPTED, but not achieved.
    Welcome to your new SUB for 2013.

Heroic Warrior
    So far, there's nothing on Mattycollector. I just checked for fun... NO MY SUBSCRIPTION PAGE !

Could it be that Matty lied to us again !?!? You bet, Alfred !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    So far, there's nothing on Mattycollector. I just checked for fun... NO MY SUBSCRIPTION PAGE !

But remember... the new My Subscription page is being quality checked intensely to ensure nothing goes wrong! And it will be available in several weeks... if not by early next year.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Mattel is only worried about the $680 million they just sunk in to Thomas the Tank Engine. That is their next big franchise they are putting all their money and firepower behind. MOTU will continue to just be a pet project for finicky collectors. (At least they see us as finicky collectors)
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Just got the email! Glad to see it up finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Spoke too soon.