Thread: MOTUC Vy-Por Snakeman

MOTUC Vy-Por Snakeman

Been working on this for a little while now.
    I had an extra Skeletor hanging around and I wanted to bolster my Snakeman faction.
    Let me know what you think.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Nice! I LOVE the detailing on the face!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Very cool. Great detail.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Love that face!!! Will you detail the some of body as well? Maybe the back or the dark greens?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Love that face!!! Will you detail the some of body as well? Maybe the back or the dark greens?
    I actually did a yellow wash over his back but it didn't look right. I also did a green wash over the bottom of the head which looked bad so I tried a black wash which looked better but didn't seem to fit so I went back to the all yellow for the bottom of the head.
    I thought about doing a green wash over the yellow chest but first I was worried about going overboard on it and then after finishing I kind of like him the way he is.
    I'm working on another one when I've got more spare time so I think I'll experiment on that one. For now I think I'm content with the way Vy-Por is

Snappy Threader
    Pure awesome! I love it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    great job!

the head is simply amazing...

Awesome - congrats on a project well done!

I wouldn't have considered using such a dark green on most of the figure so kudos for pulling it of. What I love about that, is that it comes across almost as taken back. Other figures from the line really pop out (can't wait for Tung Lashor) - This one is very classic and elegant.

Have you considered using a brown wash (just very lightly applied) over the chest and jaw? Or possibly orange?
    If I had come up with this concept, I'd probably have done something with his garb. Silver studs on the "skirt" and/or metallic blue on the belt. Just like the colours on his weapons. That way the weapons would tie in nicely with the figure.
    And if I'd been really in the mood, a dark brown or black wash over the belt and ankle bracers.
    Something like this:
    vy-por.jpg
    Last edited by Frog; December 11, 2012 at 06:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Awesome - congrats on a project well done!

I wouldn't have considered using such a dark green on most of the figure so kudos for pulling it of. What I love about that, is that it comes across almost as taken back. Other figures from the line really pop out (can't wait for Tung Lashor) - This one is very classic and elegant.

Have you considered using a brown wash (just very lightly applied) over the chest and jaw? Or possibly orange?
    If I had come up with this concept, I'd probably have done something with his garb. Silver studs on the "skirt" and/or metallic blue on the belt. Just like the colours on his weapons. That way the weapons would tie in nicely with the figure.
    And if I'd been really in the mood, a dark brown or black wash over the belt and ankle bracers.
    Something like this:
    vy-por.jpg

I actualyl do want to do more with the belt and bracers.
    I really dig the idea, thanks for the mock up!
    Once I get some cash I need to invest in some new paints, running dry now, so once I get that I'll spruce those parts up.
    As for the chest I'll consider giving it a wash, I like what you did there. I appreciate it!!

and thank you all for the kind comments! I'm glad you all enjoy him!

WOW... The detail on his face is AMAZING!!!
    "I'M THE SHADOW THAT MOVES ON THE WALLS"

The detailing of having the lighter color in the cracks and the darker color on top is a very interesting look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    But on the body, trunks, and greaves, I agree, a little wash will go a long way to making them stand out and blend better with your nicely detailed head.

Quote Originally Posted by The BLAY View Post
    As for the chest I'll consider giving it a wash, I like what you did there. I appreciate it!
    I'm glad you like it. I think it shows how great your concept is. I mean, as soon as I saw Vy-Por I just came up with the ideas and had to try and see what they would look like...

On a *Idon'tknow* fifth glace, I'm not so sure about the black fangs but that's a minor detail - the good thing is that the black contrasts the yellow so they are more prominent. Either way, an AMAZING figure.

Yea it's awesome. It definitely fits in........
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

THAT'S cool!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

the head is awesome. i think the problem is that the green part of the body doesn't have the same scale detail. a wash will help brake up the loudness, but the head will still stand out from contrast.

i would personally suggest trying 2.0 with the clawful/whiplash buck that has the "scale" shoulders and stomach chest area.

it's cool regardless. nice job.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I love those colors. I really like this I might do this with an extra skeletor. thanks for the idea. I have extra parts too. nice.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor