Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

Awesome! Can't wait to see everyone again!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'm excited! Supposed to be saving for a house next year but I'm sure I'll squeeze this in! Too much fun not too. I was actually looking forward to a trip to NY (never been) but to be honest the hotel was so great this year I don't mind sticking with what we know.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

First year's PC was great, this year's was better - can't wait for next year! So pumped
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

I definitely hope to come to NY with Power-Con! I know the audience is there and it's in the plans. Once the show has grown some more so we can bring more guests to NY, we can work towards something more definite.

For the 2013 show, I had mentioned it was going to be in LA a couple times here on the forum and our promo cards at the Mattel booth at NYCC also said it was going to be in LA for 2013. I didn't intend to surprise folks with that one. My apologies. I still hope most of you can make it out for 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I'd begun to think interest in MOTU was on the wane. However, attending this show quickly reminded me that fandom is still very much alive with adoring fans abounding.
    I felt it was a great show in 2012! And we got a ton of e-mail, phone and Facebook messages from folks in and around LA who had just found out about the show the day before/ day of and were bummed they couldn't make it. So, we're hoping for an even bigger showing next year now that the word is out after two very solid years with a big jump in year two.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I definitely hope to come to NY with Power-Con! I know the audience is there and it's in the plans. Once the show has grown some more so we can bring more guests to NY, we can work towards something more definite.

For the 2013 show, I had mentioned it was going to be in LA a couple times here on the forum and our promo cards at the Mattel booth at NYCC also said it was going to be in LA for 2013. I didn't intend to surprise folks with that one. My apologies. I still hope most of you can make it out for 2013!

I felt it was a great show in 2012! And we got a ton of e-mail, phone and Facebook messages from folks in and around LA who had just found out about the show the day before/ day of and were bummed they couldn't make it. So, we're hoping for an even bigger showing next year now that the word is out after two very solid years with a big jump in year two.
    Having Blade and Evil Lyn from the movie was great. It would be awesome to try to get Alan Oppenheimer to come back next year. I know John Erwin has stated many times he wants to leave He-Man in the past so I won't even ask for him to be added to the list. The Filmation voice actors were so fun to see on the panel!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Call me crazy, but me and my wife start saving as soon as we got back from P-Con 2. This is cool that the dates are set. LOVED LAST YEAR!!!!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Can't wait! I'm excited it's in Torrance, CA again, and I'm coming from Michigan! Hope to see you all there, it was a blast this year, and next year has TMNT! Don't miss it!!!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I'll go when it's in NY if it falls in a month other than September, as it'll give me an excuse to check the place out after all this time. For some reason, going to CA doesn't really interest me (if I go somewhere, it's going to be more than just for a weekend!). That, and the CA Power-Con dates always rub elbows with other September plans.

Wish I could go, but by the time this rolls around I will have moved from a mere 2,678 miles away to a whopping 7,622.77 miles away.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I've had a great time the last two years so I'll be there again in 2013.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

West Coast...East Coast ...who cares. I'm going!! I live in freaking Nebraska....yeah most of you guys are thinking where is that? The Heartland baby. Bring the Con to Kansas City...DO IT...DO IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It was a great show in 2012. I have at least three more people coming this year that missed it last year because they did not know about it. So it is growing!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'm excited it's coming back to Torrance. I can just walk to the Con again. I was worried it was going to NY next year and I wouldn't be able to go.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    So what happened to the plans for NY?

This solidifies that I won't be going this year, unfortunately. Already heading to New York this year and was going to plan the trip around Power Con since the ad from Cereal Geek said New York. It's a trip that I can't give up, so PC will have to take a back seat for another year for me.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Damnit! I plan on being in CA Sept. 26-29 for the Wasteland Weekend. if this had been scheduled one week later, I probably could have made both, now I have to choose!

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I am glad the show is growing but I am very disappointed its not in NYC. I live near buffalo so this would have only been about an eight hour trip. My wife and I were planning for the show in NYC since I first heard about it being held there. I had not heard it was changed. I am glad for you guys on the west coast but I, again remain disappointed.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I am SO there!! I went in year 1 and it was AMAZING!! Missed it this year for the birth of baby Yodafreakmaster I was going to attend where ever it ended up being in Year 3. I do look forward to seeing it in NY at some point and even more so for one of the bigger cities in the Midwest like Chi-town down the road. I get why folks on the east coast are frustrated, but let me tell you that it is worth the plane ticket no matter where it is held. This convention is NOT TO BE MISSED for any MOTU/POP fan!!!! Thundercats and TMNT are cool too so that just sweetens the deal

Im in Denver so CA is great for me. Cheap flights and an easy 2 hour ride. I was a bit worried about NY, that would be a hard sell to the wife.

This years Con was Awesome. Got to meet a lot of good friends and scored some sweet swag. Can't wait til Sept. TMNT will add even more fun to this next year's Con.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    So what happened to the plans for NY?...was going to plan the trip around Power Con since the ad from Cereal Geek said New York.(
    I think the best comparison is: taking Power-Con to NY in 2013 is like picking fruit before it's ripe. As I mentioned earlier, NY is definitely something I want to do! But the show needs to get bigger and sweeter before it can happen. That way the NY show can be an awesome experience. Again, my apologies it's not in NY yet and I still hope many of you will plan to attend the 2013 show!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    It was a great show in 2012. I have at least three more people coming this year that missed it last year because they did not know about it. So it is growing!
    Awesome! Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there who has already said they are coming! ...just be sure to flag me down at the show to say hello.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    I absolutely cannot wait! Had a blast the past two years hanging out with my fellow org members. So excited that we're back in Torrance. I got pretty familiar with the area in 2012, so 2013 should be cookies!

GeologyMule, how about a Dragstor race for 2013? I'd be down!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Yay! I am so glad it's in California again. Count me in for sure.

So stoked its in Torrence again! As long as its in Cali and i dont have to shell out money for a hotel.. i'm there! XD
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    This is GREAT NEWS!!! I had written off power-con for 2013 as it happens at such a busy work time of year for me, that I can't be out of town. Now I will definitely attend again, bring all my MOTU friends, get all my thunder cats friends who were on the fence last year AND let all my TMNT pals know about this! Here's hoping I can make it to another dinner, and I've got to remember to sign up for that DAMN auction early!

Val, can we add MUSCLE/ kinnikkuman to the festivities? There are plenty of ravenous fans who would attend, and they do kind of fit the 'power-con' bill. Just a thought.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I know that Thundercats is obviously still included in this convention (with the new, welcomed addition of TMNT). But I am wondering... is the Thundercats portion of this still technically the same "Thunder-Con" convention, just now under the Power-Con name, or did the actual Thunder-Con convention split-off as a separate thing, and T-Cats is just still also being included with Power-Con in some capacity that is technically separate from Thunder-Con?

I know that's more of a question of semantics than anything, but I'm just curious how that panned out.

At any rate, I must say I'm VERY interested in this. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull off the trip, but I'm tempted (next year should be easier than this year was... at least as of the way things are looking as of right now). Now with the inclusion of TMNT, this is pretty much my top 3 favorite cartoon/toyline brands from my childhood all mixed together in one convention!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"