Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    This is my 2nd Power-Con and I would just like to give a few tips to anyone attending for the 1st time.
    1. Get in line early.
    Specifically this one--^ Can't recommend it highly enough. Last year the line formed quickly and early for the Sorceress exclusive and I felt fortunate to have any kind of place in a line that seemed to stretch to China. Just too bad that it started so close to the main Mattypalooza reveals panel. Fortunately I got my figure and was able to beat-feet to the panel, but it was a little bit of a nail-biter there for a minute.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Don't be... THAT GUY!
    Forget Power-Con, that's just good life advice!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Dear Power Con organizers... make good on your un written promise to have it in or within the NY area next year. Have it in conjunction with NYCC or something to incur guest flight costs...

but for those of us who hate to travel, or just can't afford it, don't let LA get all the cool stuff!! ;o)
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I'll be helping out the Vazquez' at their booth.... So come and stop by The FantasticPlasticToys booth..
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Geez time is flying by quickly, hope it slows right down for Power-Con weekend! Glad to say it'll be my second time to LA and first to Power-Con so i'm really excited to say the least!!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Any chance Mark Taylor,William George or the Power and Honor Foundation going to be on hand?I told Mr. George to bring prints this year if so.It's crazy these artists don't realize they have such a huge following.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Dear Power Con organizers... make good on your un written promise to have it in or within the NY area next year. Have it in conjunction with NYCC or something to incur guest flight costs...
    Maybe one day! A travelling show wouldn't have the same # of guests the LA show has. But that hasn't hurt other travelling shows so it's always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Any chance Mark Taylor,William George or the Power and Honor Foundation going to be on hand?I told Mr. George to bring prints this year if so.It's crazy these artists don't realize they have such a huge following.
    Here's our Guest List for this year. We have one more awesome company to announce this week but the list is mostly final. Gonna be a big one this year!

3. Definitely check out the Daily Schedule of Events. There were a few times when random strangers asked me when certain Panels started. I tried to be helpful, but sadly didn't memorize the entire Daily Schedule.
    I strongly recommend everyone pick up a program. Plus, we'll have the panel room schedules outside of each room to help out too.

4. Be Courteous to others. I didn't have to much problem with this subject last year, but it always a good to remember that this convention is for the Fans. We all have come to enjoy our favorite properties and want it to be an enjoyable time. Don't be... THAT GUY!

5. Most of all... Have FUN!!! Mingle with your fellow man. It's always fun to make new friends and talk about the awesome events and merchandise. My wife and I talked a lot with some of the talent and random fans and heard some great stories.
    Awesome advice! thank you!

well, it's official! I pulled the trigger on the flight (gee... that's a troubling out-of-context remark ) and will see you all at the awesome show again this year!
    still hard to believe that after 36 years of never being on a plane, it took the first Power-Con to change that, and that now I'll have taken three airline trips... ALL just for Power-Con.
    Val, THANKS for providing we fellow He-fans such an amazing experience to be worth it! (and, thanks for the advice regarding plane prices earlier)... I ended up getting round trip for $406, with times that matched nicely with my hopes... so, I guess that's cool (though still more than $100 more than last year! ugh.) But, i'll not have to leave until almost noon Monday, so, who's up for breakfast Monday!
    and, are we still planning a dinner at that "Elephant Bar" or whatever it was restaurant again sunday night?
    anyway, SO excited and looking forward to another awesome experience and He-geeking out with all of you again! SOON!

Chelsea Field and Michael Donovan cancelled...
    Oh well... at least the Sub went through... Cannot imaging how it would be to have PowerCon with such a sour note...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Chelsea Field and Michael Donovan cancelled...
    Oh well... at least the Sub went through... Cannot imaging how it would be to have PowerCon with such a sour note...
    yeah, that would have been a horrible time, like being at a wake.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I had the same fear last year, and Castle Grayskull was announced! Crazy! Seems like not that long ago... and here we are SO close to getting Grayskull. I can't wait to see everyone again!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Cannot imaging how it would be to have PowerCon with such a sour note...
    My guess is we'd be finding about just how figures would be released in 2014. Once we got past the shock of the subs, it would probably become a "make lemonade out of lemons" situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Val, THANKS for providing we fellow He-fans such an amazing experience to be worth it!
    It definitely is not just me! Still, thank you for those kind words. I'm happy you are making it out!

I'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by mk1138 View Post
    I'll be there!
    Awesome!

Three more weeks. Kind of feels like a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    My guess is we'd be finding about just how figures would be released in 2014. Once we got past the shock of the subs, it would probably become a "make lemonade out of lemons" situation.
    I'm sure there would've been something, but it wouldn't be the same!
    Doesn't matter now! We're getting our 2014 sub!!! Yay!!!!

Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

The PowerCon Charity Auction is going to be the place to be, I am donating 3 prototypes from my own toyline to Val and the Con. These were painted up by the Four Horsemen's own Sherri Lynn Cook in MOTU Themed Colors

I will be showing off more pics soon but here is Goliath as Filmation Clawful

We have our Wolf Ulric as Stratos and our Spider Widowmaker as Webstor

Many thanks go out to Cornboy who has been a vocal supporter of my figures, to Sherri whose amazing paint work makes our toys shine, and to Baena for helping me in color and character selection a few months back.

They will be offered in the auction as a set of 3, hopefully in a Grayskull themed box with accompanying art print if we can make it happen before the Con. Hopefully they can help raise some money for this great charity!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Ok hotel booked, flight booked, ticket payed for and I just booked that shuttle bus.....looks like I'll be definitely going now nuthing will stop me.

I'll be working with Mark at his booth at FantasticPlasticToys. Come stop by say high and buy some stuff. See ya there man!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Jon just posted a new panel addition for this year's show!

Sunday, September 15, 2013
    10:00 – 10:45:
    MOTU Outside the Box: the New Comic and Video Game – Panel Room 2
    Because of amazing fans, MOTU is growing faster than Demo-Man’s beard. Come and hear about the two biggest non-toy MOTU experiences of the past year – the DC Comics series “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” and the mobile / tablet adventure game “He-Man: The Most Powerful Game in the Universe”. Learn about the creative inspirations for these experiences, the adventures of production, as well as what the future may hold!

The panel will feature newly added guests from Mattel:

Rob David - the Franchise Creative Head Writer at Mattel and works on non-collector touchpionts for Masters of the Universe.
    Nick Torchia - the lead video game producer for Masters of the Universe at Mattel.
    Joe Ferencz - the Franchise Business Development Manager at Mattel and works on non-collector touchpionts for Masters of the Universe.
    Moderated by Eduardo Valdes - the Director of Franchise Development for Mattel.

Full programming schedule can be viewed here.

Interesting news... I hope they announce the game for PSN!
    And bring Dave Wilkins back for the Cover Art
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I'm so ready to go... Work has been a pain lately. Can't wait to party in Torrance!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

I wonder if some new figures will be shown at the con..The fact that the lines development was put on hold during the sub sale period and the comment on matty where they say they probably won't be ready to announce anything before nycc make me worry..

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I wonder if some new figures will be shown at the con..The fact that the lines development was put on hold during the sub sale period and the comment on matty where they say they probably won't be ready to announce anything before nycc make me worry..
    Over on the Matty forums someone asked ToyGuru if we could get a new reveal to celebrate the line going through, and his answer was something like (I'm paraphrasing) "At Power-Con!"
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Over on the Matty forums someone asked ToyGuru if we could get a new reveal to celebrate the line going through, and his answer was something like (I'm paraphrasing) "At Power-Con!"
    Great news!! Thanks

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

but for those of us who hate to travel, or just can't afford it, don't let LA get all the cool stuff!! ;o)
    Yes please, cant wait for it to come to NY.