Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1419

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

Marlena's gear really should not be held as some kind of standard. It doesn't even cover all the way. Sometimes I do not comprehend the hive mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    I was listening to some guy just rant and complain to Rueben while Scott was putting the figures in the case after the Panel. So off putting. I get being passionate, but just verbally attacking someone about why they couldn't use or not use that crotch piece is just ridiculous.
    I don't know. It was Ruben, the mastermind behind Blastic, Stinkor's "cool" reversed forearms, and that wonderful Clawful mace repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Found 'em.
    Excellent detective work!

I'm happy to get any beast at anytime considering Mattel doesn't NEED to do jack for us.
    God I hate Stratos.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The symbol on Blade's chest looks like Hordak's face.

Attachment 88152
    Doesn't. Hordak lead Blade and Saurod in one of the vintage Motu mini-comics or or one of the stories in the classic. He-Man & the MOTU magazine stories?

Heroic Warrior
    It was delicious delicious delicious TRUTH. Mattel was of course allergic to said truth and got defensive and deflecting.

I fully believe that they hear us. The issue is that they don't listen. Big difference. Not out of ego or spite. I think Scott has an online and public presence Ruben and Bill may not. Scott retains what he retains (maybe 50%, by no means easy) and think things, like PoP tights, sad truth, aren't that high on the ol' totem pole, and is never communicated down to design, no matter how many times we have mentioned this.

The female tights. The color white. The throne of Grayskull. The armor. It's sadly not important enough to them in the grand scheme of things. Scott, bless his heart, was defending the throne snafu, but in all honesty, WHO ELSE WILL BE SITTING ON THAT THRONE IF NOT THE SORCERESS? I know he knows, but my God these coddling answers insult the collectors' intelligence at every turn.

Ruben clearly has his own ideas about the line (Stinkor's forearms exhibit A), and that was demonstrated in full form in the panel. Many felt after the panel that he is toxic to the brand, and even in the sunset of the line fast approaching, Ruben specifically made walking away from MOTUC a VERY attractive option. He asserted documented things were never uttered at all before the Con, that hating the throne fiasco translated to us hating the castle. Many felt he came across as follows: his impression was that the buyers, the lifeblood of the line, were entitled, and that we should be very grateful for ANYTHING we get, he does the best he can and we don't see things his way, rather than the line taking three steps back with QC issues that were fixed or correct on figures PREDATING the ones with issues now.

Big props to Ricky, Brian and others for calling Mattel out on their Corporate template spin on everything. Gray is not white, the point dress are not tights. The throne was not what we asked for. How many times must the same things be repeated again and again and again? It was uncomfortable, but why must Mattel be shaken by the ears verbally to finally effect such actionable change? They can't be as caught off guard if they just read the boards. Why have Q and As and panels if they won't act on easy and popular and reasonable suggestions that placate the majority? They have shown numerous times that they do (yay a HEAD PACK!!!!), but When a legit issue is raised merely to bring awareness, there is deflection or denial of the issue. There is no GOTCHA moments here. Fans want great toys. That's the only motive for the hard questions.

Sadly, Ruben may do none of these changes, purely out of spite. That's my belief as a buyer. He was deflecting down at the display booth even after the panel, even suggesting Glimmer was translated correctly from the Horsemen prototype! THIS is the man making calls on the toys that I cherish? Ruben put that belief in my head. This is why a "sub or none" model hurts. You can call them out about Glimmer, but they hold Modulok over your head. You have to cut the line totally clean now. I find that sad and unfair. As a buyer, I should not (and soon WILL not) have to deal with a sub par toy with wonky Design choices that was executed better beforehand in the same toy line. I refuse to hold Glimmer and say "well, Ruben did the best he could". For this buyer, almost only works in horseshoes and hand grenades.

When it comes to this line, money was no object. I passionately am enthusiastic beyond measure about the reveals. Man I love them. that said, Ruben killed it for me today. Ruben made me reconsider finishing, and selling off, this toy line today. That's not fanboy hyperbole. I really am second guessing this line, and I will tell them as such at NYCC.

- - - Updated - - -

I was listening to some guy just rant and complain to Rueben while Scott was putting the figures in the case after the Panel. So off putting. I get being passionate, but just verbally attacking someone about why they couldn't use or not use that crotch piece is just ridiculous.
    Well maybe if they listened or read the suggestions the first seven to twelve times it was brought up, they wouldn't feel so blindsided. I bet he was listening now. Trust me, my friend, NO ONE wants to be aggressive here, NO ONE wants to be that guy, that "jerk" who made things awkward, but 12 months of constructive criticism wasn't getting the job done. My sympathy is exhausted with them, speaking for myself. I applaud "some guy just ranting and complaining". Belaboring the issues is what got us new weapons, 200x swords, and now heads packs. No one wants to complain. But what else can be done when after being TOLD at SDCC "We hear you" and the same thing happens 8 weeks later...again?? Guess what? My $3000 in 2013 subs says you'll hear us again. When change is seen, things will be comfortable again.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; September 16, 2013 at 01:41am.

Anyone get any footage or pics of the costume contest?
    God I hate Stratos.

After reading all those posts I am quite amazed. KUDOS to the Kid that had the guts to ask the truth. It's scandalous that Design-Team hasn't heard of the Throne issue until yesterday.

Fact is, Mattel is getting more and more greedy. We are paying 25 % more for the figures than a few years ago and are promised heavy hitters and then figures like Battle Lion come along. This is no heavy hitter. If they would have mentioned Battle Lion as one of the beasts, sub-figures wouldn't be, where they are now. And they know that.

Scorpia has the old ankles? Really? Will there never be any kind of progression in this line? Or are they trying to squeeze max. profit out of it. How can any female figure still have those old ankles? What is the argument behind this? Lazyness? Don't care?

I said it once and I will say it again today: this line needs a new brand manager. Scott is out of sync with the fanbase, an egomaniac (Spector), stating (famous quote: "I'll pass that on to design") and not man enough to admit, when he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Well maybe if they listened or read the suggestions the first seven to twelve times it was brought up, they wouldn't feel so blindsided. I bet he was listening now. Trust me, my friend, NO ONE wants to be aggressive here, NO ONE wants to be that guy, that "jerk" who made things awkward, but 12 months of constructive criticism wasn't getting the job done. My sympathy is exhausted with them, speaking for myself. I applaud "some guy just ranting and complaining". Belaboring the issues is what got us new weapons, 200x swords, and now heads packs. No one wants to complain. But what else can be done when after being TOLD at SDCC "We hear you" and the same thing happens 8 weeks later...again?? Guess what? My $3000 in 2013 subs says you'll hear us again. When change is seen, things will be comfortable again.
    There are two words coming to my mind: Spoiled and insensitive.

At this point, NOTHING Mattel, Toyguru, Ruben or anyone has done is comparable with what the "fans" have done to other collectors. Constantly sucking out the fun is the only thing you guys can do. It's sickening.

If people are unhappy with what they get month by month, then do as every "responsible adult" would do: "Quit the line!"

But no, instead you choose to ruin it for others and even be proud of it.
    Last edited by Barnster; September 16, 2013 at 02:03am.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post

At this point, NOTHING Mattel, Toyguru, Ruben or anyone has done is comparable with what the "fans" have done to other collectors. Constantly sucking out the fun is the only thing you guys can do. It's sickening.

If people are unhappy with what they get month by month, then do as every "responsible adult" would do: "Quit the line!"

But not, instead you choose to ruin it for others and even be proud of it.
    Just be glad we didn't quit the line and have to chosen to stick it out and lobby for change instead. The sub barely made it this year. Without us it probably wouldn't have. If fans hadn't complained the figures would probably still be made of blastic and qc wouldn't have steadily improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Battle Lion and King Grayskull traversed throughout all Eternia on his journey and you got to see them bond. During the Horde attack, where King Grayskull lost his life, Battle Lion was in the middle of it (fighting by himself) tearing Horde Troopers to pieces and tossing them aside like a piece of trash. Veena's role in the episode consisted of the following:

1. Bye honey, I'll miss you! (then he went on his journey with Battle Lion).
    2. Oh noes, you're dying! Then her duty was to protect the sword in the wooden box.

I LOVE Veena and DO want a figure of her, but her role in the series was very small. MUCH smaller than Battle Lion. I mean, obviously AFTER the episode, her role is a big one. Keeping the secrets, protecting the sword, ruling the kingdom/Eternia...but none of this is actually shown to us. Out of everything that was shown to us, Battle Lion IS one of the "Masters of the Universe" as he was the major played in defeating the Evil Horde (the first time around).

Group reply!

The main characters in MOTU may all get their mounts. These would be considered A-list beasts:

Charger (Teela's sometimes unicorn, sometimes horse)
    Arrow (Bow's horse)
    Clawdeen and Storm (Catra's cat and horse)
    Mantisaur (Hordak's mount)

While I'm surprised to see Battle Lion so soon, I'm not surprised he's coming. He IS an A-list character. Heck, the line started with King Grayskull and they made FOUR different versions of him (Regular, Bronze Statue, Spirit and the re-deco...which was due to fan outrage they didn't get the first ones). It only makes sense to make the mount/companion to the character that, not only started off the line, but has FOUR different versions in the line.

Anyone worried about having a "loss" on selling Battle Lion...I just don't see it. Not only does he look fierce and awesome, IF his armour will be compatible with Battle Cat, the 200X fans will want an extra Battle Cat figure and that armour to make THEIR version of Battle Cat. He's A-list, he's coming and so are Night Stalker and Stydor. They're getting released in 2014 or 2015. Probably 2015.
    Thank you for writing all that, you said a lot of things I wanted to but didn't have the energy to waste my keystrokes. It's a shame there is such a contingent of selfish people who think the line should only be all about what they want.
    I'll say this: I don't want Clawdeen, but it should be made and I will not care whatsoever when it comes out. The line is about all things, etc etc, even in the 'a-list' years ahead. But just wait until the pink lion is revealed...the forums will melt-down and the people here hating on Battle Lion, but wishing for Clawdeen, will be in the opposite situation and it will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    It was not loose or undone. The Hydron at SDCC was the 4H piece. Power-Con Hydron is Mattel Design's translation using an unaltered buck. When asked why Hydron, Sea Hawk or others with bulkier armor or clothing couldn't use a slimmer buck, the response was 'because what makes MOTUC work is the standard buck." It was about as satisfying answer as the response I got when I asked why the backs of the arm rests on the Sorceress's throne weren't shortened to allow her arms to fold down behind her when she sits...Mattel's response from the dias?

TG - "We never said we'd do that."

When the audience didn't accept that as an answer to my question...

Mattel Design - "We did the best we could."

When the audience pointed out this issue was brought up before and again at SDCC as well as the the fact the Sorceress couldn't sit in her own throne...

TG - "Almost anybody could sit in that throne!"

Audience - "But it's her throne!"

TG - "In the vintage mini comics it could be anyone's throne!"

Audience - "We're paying $250 for this, the snarky answer isn't helping!"

TG - "You can cancel your order if you aren't happy."

After it was clear Mattel didn't have an answer for the question one of Mattel's Design guys finally admitted, incredibly, it was the first time he'd personally heard of the issue, then confirmed it was indeed too late to address any further at this point in production.

- - - Updated - - -

No mention of Huntara at the panel.
    The bit about Hydron's armor sucks, but I'm GLAD they didn't tamper with the throne, because it isn't her throne, so the sculpt shouldn't be compromised to fit her. It's the vintage prefilmation throne. Filmation fans should clamour for Grayskull add-ons, including her own proper throne with stairs and all.

QFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Just be glad we didn't quit the line and have to chosen to stick it out and lobby for change instead. The sub barely made it this year. Without us it probably wouldn't have. If fans hadn't complained the figures would probably still be made of blastic and qc wouldn't have steadily improved.
    I agree with this.

Personally, I would never ruin or make a panel awkward for everyone in attendence, but I'm glad for what that guy did today too. These toys aren't cheap and are quite the investment.
    If nothing ever gets said then nothing will change for the better.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    ...I'm GLAD they didn't tamper with the throne, because it isn't her throne, so the sculpt shouldn't be compromised to fit her. It's the vintage prefilmation throne. Filmation fans should clamour for Grayskull add-ons, including her own proper throne with stairs and all.
    ...BLAST YOUR VALIDITY!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    One big thing that springs to mind is the Stratos wing issue, which took countless, extremely detailed, photo-illustrated explanations and requests before it was finally addressed. But until then, it was ignored or condescendingly dismissed as being unrealistic and overly demanding, until it was admitted they didn't take the care to actually know what we were talking about in the first place.

Good times.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Doesn't. Hordak lead Blade and Saurod in one of the vintage Motu mini-comics or or one of the stories in the classic. He-Man & the MOTU magazine stories?
    Yeah, I remember that issue, too, it had an x-mas gift wrap pullout center, too, right?
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    I said it once and I will say it again today: this line needs a new brand manager. Scott is out of sync with the fanbase, an egomaniac (Spector), stating (famous quote: "I'll pass that on to design") and not man enough to admit, when he's wrong.
    Amen to that. I am extremely disappointed in what they did to Glimmer. What's wrong with these people? The Horsemen sculpted things a certain way for a reason. Why is it so difficult to follow what they did in the prototypes? These are not "non articulated statues" as Scott likes to repeat over and over again. The prototypes are sculpted with the engineering in mind and there is no reason to unnecessarily tamper with the Horsemen's vision, especially on something that is mostly cosmetic like a leotard piece. I guess it should be no surprise to what we're getting from the man who designed some of the worst looking Snake Men figures ever made back in 200x.

I agree that this situation is scandalous. Constantly saying you're going to pass along requests, suggestions and feedback to the design team only to realize they've been told nothing after their apparent "deer in the head lights moment" at the panel. It has been appalling observing the actions of a brand manager that has had no accountability for the last five years. Completely shameful.

I completely disagree. What is off-putting is seeing this happen again and again after being told it will be addressed. I was also present when this conversation was taking place and am glad that people are speaking out about it ... especially when said employee consistently makes questionable (if not outright terrible) design choices.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm quite tired, but let me do my best to relay some info I can recall:

As mentioned, the "?" fig in the display was meant to represent The Unnamed One, with Mo-Larr being the one under the cloth just because they needed something there. Scott didn't mention much about The Unnamed One, but (I'm 99% sure) did say there will be two heads.

We were told the CG at the Con was only 95% of what the finished product will be. CG will be sent out in exactly the same order that people ordered them. Day of sale will be $300 and extremely limited. It was Scott's idea to have a picture of an adult collector. They tried to find someone who looked like the kid from the original box and dress him similarly. As was mentioned, Sorceress can sit in the throne with a little work, though the wings are always noticeable, whether open or closed. They said they could think about a Sorceress 2.0, but asked if we really wanted that at the expense of other figs?

BL figs were brought up and Scott said again that these are pre-2012 releases that they were still figuring out the proper quantity to make and that no 2012-13 figs will show up at discount retailers (he must have meant other than Mattel B&M stores where at least a few already have).

I heard parts of some of the discussion downstairs right after the panel between Reuben and a passionate fan about Glimmer's "granny panty's". I believe I overheard Reuben say that after Glimmer and Scorpia then something will occur where this won't be an issue anymore. I do recall the fan saying that all the other ladies wore skirts or dresses. So maybe they were in agreement about that? I wasn't in the convo and I can attest to that, but nothing else. Hopefully that fan is a member here and will post more details.

I tried to look more closely at the new mailers in the display and could tell nothing of their sturdiness except from the side of the top flap, which based on the distance behind the glass display, the angle, etc. seemed to me to be thinner then what we've been getting. That's very much an impression and not a definitive statement. I asked Reuben if they might ever consider selling the current white mailers on Matty, maybe in bundles of 5, 6 or 10? I know it's low to no priority for a lot of people, but it might interest some people who either bought MOC figs without mailers or who'd like their whole MOC collections, including 2014-2015, to be in uniform mailers. It should be really cheap for Matty to offer and might create some goodwill amongst the 5%, 10% or whatever portion of the fanbase might care about the issue.

It was nice that no one stole any of the figs downstairs on display with CG, I especially thought Sorceress might be nabbed, considering her aftermarket value, but thankfully that didn't happen. The little kid in the audience at the Matty panel, who also showed up for the 3:00 Artist's panel and amused Rudy Orbero especially, was a little kid. I don't know how old, but I'm guessing 7. He was accompanied by a mother/aunt/grandmother type there.

For the "head pack" they floated the number 6, but said it wasn't set in stone. Vote. At the 4H panel they said that they have already sculpted two heads but those may or may not be picked. Clawful is one. The 4H panel was cool, all Q&A. Thundercats was brought up more than once and they, or the majority at least, said they were definitely interested. When asked what property they'd most like to work on, the majority said Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. Someone asked if they were "relieved" that the DC Sub was cancelled? None of the 4H agreed, with Cornboy and one other especially not pleased by the question. The 4H said they recently spoke with Mattel and that pretty much all the characters were brought up. They knew everything on schedule for 2014. Evil Seed was asked about and the response was noncommittal, but in a way that suggested sooner rather than later. As far as vehicles/playsets go they're very interested in getting the rest of the Battle Ram out and Snake Mountain. There seemed to be some interest in the Fright Zone, with no other vehicles/playsets mentioned by them.

The artist's panel was cool and everyone should hear Rudy Orbero speak, at least once. When asked, he said he doesn't have anything Motuc lined up, but said there was the beginning of the possibility of maybe something being discussed.

Strobo sold out near the end on Sunday. The employees said there had been 1,000. I do have to give credit to them for a much better system than last year. I'm sure that everyone who wanted one got one, assuming they were willing to stand in line.
    Last edited by Cherry_Picker; September 16, 2013 at 03:59am.

Good news is that only one or two more PoP girls wear the leotard crotch as part of their costumes.

Bad news is that they are PoP heavy hitters Queen Angella and Mermista.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Show was awesome!
    Loved the reveals!!
    Everything was great except during the panel, where a pair (or was it a trio?) of really rude "fans" decided to interrupt the panel with their entitlement issues, instead of waiting for the Q&A. It was really disrespectful, annoying and completely uncalled for.
    Just a few jewels these trolls threw out there were:

"Everybody hates the leotards"... I don't know about you but I didn't get the memo where this guy is entitled to represent all of our opinions...
    "You should be grateful that we pay for these things"... What?? really? I don't think Mattel will sweat it if we stop buying MOTU... seriously that was a moment...
    Another jewel was: "Castle Grayskull is Sorceress' Castle"... I guess I missed on the Press release where Sorceress got the deed for Grayskull...

It was awesome when a few guys yelled: "Shut up, Castle is great"... priceless!!

But anyway, overall the experience was great!
    And it was bigger than last year! Cannot wait for the next one!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

So I have seen lots about the panel "discussion" with the fans....

was there a secret item at the end of the day in the case????
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

No it doesn't. I'm not his biggest fan, and yes I'm disappointed with Glimmer's diaper and the throne, but we might now be getting a 200X head pack, which is something that MANY fans have been clammoring for since the start, and something he has always told us management said no to. Do you think management just changed their mind one day and said "Hey go ahead with that head pack you last asked for 2 years ago." No, the only possible reason we're getting that is cuz Scott KEPT fighting for something his superiors said no to because he knows how badly we want it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    So I have seen lots about the panel "discussion" with the fans....

was there a secret item at the end of the day in the case????
    Extendar's shield. See the Extendar discussion thread.

Instead of condemning those who speak the truth, you should thank them - not only because in spite of the insane mishandling of this line they stay and pay for simple love of MOTU, they are the ones that provoke change.

I think a lot of people are tired of that ridiculous notion that we owe Mattel for bringing us this line. The same people will say in the next breath that Mattel is a business so we should put up with X, Y, or Z. They cannot decide if this is a charity or not.

WE PAY THE BILLS. WE PAY THEIR SALARIES.

While some people put their heads in the sand because they feel some ridiculous notion of camaraderie with employees of a company we pay very handsomely, more and more people know the reality. And, unfortunately, many of left.

If the only people posting were the "gee everything is just super-dee-dooper guys!", this line probably wouldn't even have lasted this long. You thank them for the positive changes to Grayskull (well, the ones that actually are coming true). You thank them for ending this ridiculous notion of subsidizing nobody characters that ten people want over ones that have hundreds or even thousands of requests.

The people with their heads in the sand are just like those folk in a She-ra episode they showed on TV a few weeks ago. The one where Bow helps the little boy who lives in a town where everyone just lets the Horde walk all over them and abuse them and take their money until She-ra and Bow come and show them how to stand up for themselves and make change.

It's not like people haven't tried talking nicely - but with some folks, it just doesn't work.

Personally, while I think that 90% of the issues with figures have been Ruben's fault (they certainly all seem to lead back to him, from gray Frosta to reversed arms to "pop", etc.) I didn't hold an opinion on him personally until today. Now I see him for what he presented of himself - someone who wants to come and be recognized and can't take the heat. There were two ways to deal with it - one, be humble, try to listen to what people are saying (not just how they are saying it because of their pent up passion), and two, act like we all are a bunch of idiots (who are in fact paying his salary). He chose the latter - and that's on HIM, his choice, not fans. If you say fans drove him to it, well, that goes both ways then - he and Scott have driven some people to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Instead of condemning those who speak the truth, you should thank them - not only because in spite of the insane mishandling of this line they stay and pay for simple love of MOTU, they are the ones that provoke change.

I think a lot of people are tired of that ridiculous notion that we owe Mattel for bringing us this line. The same people will say in the next breath that Mattel is a business so we should put up with X, Y, or Z. They cannot decide if this is a charity or not.

While some people put their heads in the sand because they feel some ridiculous notion of camaraderie with employees of a company we pay very handsomely, more and more people know the reality. And, unfortunately, many of left.

If the only people posting were the "gee everything is just super-dee-dooper guys!", this line probably wouldn't even have lasted this long. You thank them for the positive changes to Grayskull (well, the ones that actually are coming true). You thank them for ending this ridiculous notion of subsidizing nobody characters that ten people want over ones that have hundreds or even thousands of requests.

The people with their heads in the sand are just like those folk in a She-ra episode they showed on TV a few weeks ago. The one where Bow helps the little boy who lives in a town where everyone just lets the Horde walk all over them and abuse them and take their money until She-ra and Bow come and show them how to stand up for themselves and make change.

It's not like people haven't tried talking nicely - but with some folks, it just doesn't work.

Personally, while I think that 90% of the issues with figures have been Ruben's fault (they certainly all seem to lead back to him, from gray Frosta to reversed arms to "pop", etc.) I didn't hold an opinion on him personally until today. Now I see him for what he presented of himself - someone who wants to come and be recognized and can't take the heat. There were two ways to deal with it - one, be humble, try to listen to what people are saying (not just how they are saying it because of their pent up passion), and two, act like we all are a bunch of idiots (who are in fact paying his salary). He chose the latter - and that's on HIM, his choice, not fans. If you say fans drove him to it, well, that goes both ways then - he and Scott have driven some people to this.
    Even after this wonderful comment I fear most fans won't understand

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    1) But...there is a slimmer buck, isn't there? I thought the Spector one was slimmer?
    Spector isn't wearing armor, that's why he looks slimmer. And why Karatti looks off, one side has the armor bulk under his arm, the other side has a cutout, and his arm sits closer to his side. I personally think certain characters should have had either slimmer armor, or sculpted bucks....Some of the armor is too thick, and that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Ruben clearly has his own ideas about the line (Stinkor's forearms exhibit A), and that was demonstrated in full form in the panel. Many felt after the panel that he is toxic to the brand, and even in the sunset of the line fast approaching, Ruben specifically made walking away from MOTUC a VERY attractive option. He asserted documented things were never uttered at all before the Con, that hating the throne fiasco translated to us hating the castle. Many felt he came across as follows: his impression was that the buyers, the lifeblood of the line, were entitled, and that we should be very grateful for ANYTHING we get, he does the best he can and we don't see things his way, rather than the line taking three steps back with QC issues that were fixed or correct on figures PREDATING the ones with issues now.
    To me the line has suffered at one point or another since he came in, Terry may have given us the Sorceress' Tom Toms, and for whatever reason so many loose ankles (which I know it shouldn't have to be, but it can be fixed), but Ruben gave us Blastic (to me the worst thing to happen to MOTUC, can't fix that without repainting or touching up figures if yours was affected by yet another severe factory issue (paint dryer)....cough....Goddess (sonic welder)), a nonsense green mace in the Weapons pack, and the crap storm stupid idea to reverse perfectly sculpted normal anatomy forearms....which I fixed, so his mark was removed from my figure.

So....bad product is not OK, bad PR is not OK, but just don't complain about it when you get it or have to hear it.... Because the fan is truly responsible for the lines demise? Wanting good product, not being content with bad stuff, or being content with ******** buck passing makes you a **** or something, and you should quit the line instead of trying to get something changed?

Just trying to put together what you're saying....because this is what it sounds like. I know some are well more "passionate" than they need to be about pretty much everything....but those are small numbers compared to those who don't like something here and there.

And....people have quit the line....obviously, look at the sub numbers, even from last year....you want more to quit....OK, no 2015 for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Thank you for writing all that, you said a lot of things I wanted to but didn't have the energy to waste my keystrokes. It's a shame there is such a contingent of selfish people who think the line should only be all about what they want.

It's the vintage prefilmation throne. Filmation fans should clamour for Grayskull add-ons, including her own proper throne with stairs and all.
    So....not liking (wanting, adoring, drooling over or unable to live without) a certain figure = selfish? Oh OK, all Era War participants are guilty of this then....

And who cares what the original castle was designed to be? That was 30 years ago....we can modernize He-Man and the rest of them, basically have to accept 200X styling (not referring to characters just style....for those that love to skim and not read entire posts) in the line (even after it's supposedly dead and retired), even thought the line is supposed to have a "consistent" look, but not have a throne that accommodates a person who used it in media (even modern media) more than anyone else? Remember this is "Classics" not Vintage, we can include every character from MOTU, make them modern and give a new story to the line (in which Sorceress is one of the users of said throne, and the main character we have that uses said throne), but just don't change the damn 30 year old throne....

The Classics story is not the same as the "Vintage PreFilmation" story, so why should the throne be? In Classics, and this is Classics not Vintage PreFilmation....it is Sorceress' Throne.

So then using that logic, we should remove anything from Classics that isn't Vintage or PreFilmation then....oh wait....that is what some think....

- - - Updated - - -

Even after this wonderful comment I fear most fans won't understand
    Better hope SOT there doesn't have a beef with someone in another thread, they may post just to push their point some more on them that was from the other thread....

Although, I can see the....

....not going over so well.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 16, 2013 at 06:09am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!