Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1419

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

Thank you Pixel Dan for great vids as usual!!! I'm super excited about EVERYTHING!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Buying Filmation rights without making Filmation heads for He-Man, Skeletor or Mer Man? Never made sense to me. The Filmation style is represented in media, merchandise and facebook. Why not making those heads for their ongoing action figures? More heads, more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Buying Filmation rights without making Filmation heads for He-Man, Skeletor or Mer Man? Never made sense to me. The Filmation style is represented in media, merchandise and facebook. Why not making those heads for their ongoing action figures? More heads, more fun.
    Didn't Mer-man somewhat already get a Filmation head? And I respectfully disagree with you Berserker on allotting a SKU to Filmation heads for the 'biggies' like He-man and Skeletor. You ask me these guys have been done in various versions well enough. Why not allot heads to guys who were unmercifully short changed in the head department; like Clawful, Roboto, or Buzz-off? I still think 200x style heads is the way to go.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Didn't Mer-man somewhat already get a Filmation head? And I respectfully disagree with you Berserker on allotting a SKU to Filmation heads for the 'biggies' like He-man and Skeletor. You ask me these guys have been done in various versions well enough. Why not allot heads to guys who were unmercifully short changed in the head department; like Clawful, Roboto, or Buzz-off? I still think 200x style heads is the way to go.
    Perhaps if the 200X heads experiment works then filmation heads should not be far behind.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

It's interesting because I just don't see enough differences between what we have and filmation heads. 200x just seems to make so much more sense to me. Filmation access was always about unmade characters vs. main character looks.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    It's interesting because I just don't see enough differences between what we have and filmation heads. 200x just seems to make so much more sense to me. Filmation access was always about unmade characters vs. main character looks.
    Yeah I agree with you evenflow. Also, we have to remember, Mattel will "put the designs through the MOTUC classicfier machine" so the 200X heads we are possibly getting will not be exact copies of the old ones and honestly, characters like He-man really don't look that much different in Filmation so when put through the same "machine" I don't see the point in wasting a Skew.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    You're right. It was unfair for me to say that. I think what I meant more to say was that it was about POP hate and I think I carried that over into a different territory that I didn't mean to. That'll teach me to type a rant in haste while trying to leave for work.
    No worries, man. I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    And can we lay off the kid, already? Good lord! He's a kid!! Seriously, some of you sound like you want to get out the pitchforks and torches. Just give it a rest, already. So what if he interrupted Scott a few times. Scott handled it well and eventually the kid was dealt with. Move on.
    I don't think anyone really blames the kid. I know I loved his enthusiasm. But I think some of (especially those of us that are parents) question why his parent(s) were not stepping in and reining him back a little after the first couple outbursts. It's cute and funny and he gets plenty of slack for being an actual excited child (instead of those of us that just act like one ) but after a couple of them it needed to be dealt with by the parent, I think. But you are right, I thought Scott did a great job of handling the kid.
    Bill :: guitargod694

If you want to know how to handle kids who are too smart for their own age, watch Iron Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If you want to know how to handle kids who are too smart for their own age, watch Iron Man 3.
    Haha, yes. I think I know the exact scene you're referring to.

[QUOTE=CptSpandex;3336888]- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there needs to be RULES in place for how fans are allowed to pose questions to Mattel. I also empathized with Scott and Ruben, but they are grown men, they can handle a few tough questions. People are well within their rights to ask those questions. I don't want any kind of moderated discussion at a live even like this.

QUOTE]

There can be rules and it can still be a good panel. Really, all of the questions needed to wait until the Q+A session instead of people heckling the panel guests while they were presenting like what was shown in the video

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I don't see the harm in making Filmation heads, since some fans see Filmation as a major influence in MOTU. Filmation heads or better yet, variants, could also get a boost from nostalgic casual fans. The only drawback is that most Filmation heads are not so different from the Vintage heads we have now.

However, 200X heads are much more different looking and cater to MANY characters, both major and secondary.

In BOTH cases, we have more choices and that's always a good thing in this line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post

I don't think anyone really blames the kid. I know I loved his enthusiasm. But I think some of (especially those of us that are parents) question why his parent(s) were not stepping in and reining him back a little after the first couple outbursts. It's cute and funny and he gets plenty of slack for being an actual excited child (instead of those of us that just act like one ) but after a couple of them it needed to be dealt with by the parent, I think. But you are right, I thought Scott did a great job of handling the kid.
    Totally agree. I have a 6 year old who gets like this and can ask tons of questions too,( and it is good to be enthusiatic), but when it becomes a disruption,etc... it needs to be dealt with by the parent. After like the 2nd or 3rd outburts, we would have had a father/son fireside chat I mean, a panel guest had to pull the kid to the side to talk to him--I would have fainted if that had happened with my kid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Yeah I agree with you evenflow. Also, we have to remember, Mattel will "put the designs through the MOTUC classicfier machine" so the 200X heads we are possibly getting will not be exact copies of the old ones and honestly, characters like He-man really don't look that much different in Filmation so when put through the same "machine" I don't see the point in wasting a Skew.
    Since we are looking at getting out a 200X head pak and have a much higher tooling budget, I think the Classicizer Machine is officially out of the window. Dactys also says hi.

I wonder if MOTUC's "last Mattycollector.com toyline standing" success garnered even MORE of a budget from Mattel, since DCIE and Ghostbusters died. Or maybe Classics absorbed some tooling budget from DC or Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Since we are looking at getting out a 200X head pak and have a much higher tooling budget, I think the Classicizer Machine is officially out of the window. Dactys also says hi.
    Dactus has been classicized. He is a unique MYP character who retains his look, and shares a load of parts.
    The classics style is never going away, you won't see Ceratus with a unique sculpt for example like he would have in 200x.

200x heads are only a possibility, personally I'm not very interested in them, and even less interested in filmation heads.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The classicizer is still working, and Dactys definitely went through it, compared to his design in the toon. So fortunately they won't need to use up any of that budget to fix it.

I wonder if MOTUC's "last Mattycollector.com toyline standing" success garnered even MORE of a budget from Mattel, since DCIE and Ghostbusters died. Or maybe Classics absorbed some tooling budget from DC or Ghostbusters?
    I don't really know if that's possible; a lot depends on the internal rules and regs of the company. It wouldn't affect the likely road map for 2014 as far as character selection goes, although it might allow for more tooling on some figures if the money can be switched over without the legal department having kittens. But TG made it sound like there was more tooling already planned, as Blade (the figure that elicited that comment) had to be in progress long before they knew the DC sub and the Ecto were kaput. And if Extendar, who would likely need mostly to all new tooling is coming up, that's another one that would have had to already be in progress.

It would actually be an interesting question to ask TG or Matty, if we didn't get the "proprietary information" canned response.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Agreed!!!! I want those and other Filmation heads BAD!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Dactus has been classicized. He is a unique MYP character who retains his look, and shares a load of parts.
    The classics style is never going away, you won't see Ceratus with a unique sculpt for example like he would have in 200x.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The classicizer is still working, and Dactys definitely went through it, compared to his design in the toon. So fortunately they won't need to use up any of that budget to fix it.
    I mean Dactys isn't Classicized to the extent where he loses his original aesthetic to fit in better with the Vintage characters. He isn't a Dactys head with the Skeletor body and Draego-Man wings.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd much rather have a weapons/artifacts pak or a new figure than a head pack. 200x, Filmation, or otherwise.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

wow, is the adult guy pictured on this new grayskull box the SAME person (kid) from the 1981 box of grayskull???

is the adult guy pictured on grayskull a mattel employee's son?

BTW, the box is FANTASTIC
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    wow, is the adult guy pictured on this new grayskull box the SAME person (kid) from the 1981 box of grayskull???

is the adult guy pictured on grayskull a mattel employee's son?

BTW, the box is FANTASTIC
    Scott talks about this both during the matty panel and the walk-thru. The answer is no, he's not the kid from the box advert grown up. He's just an actor who Matty solicited to pose with the toy.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Scott talks about this both during the matty panel and the walk-thru. The answer is no, he's not the kid from the box advert grown up. He's just an actor who Matty solicited to pose with the toy.
    uhm.. i was kidding
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I mean Dactys isn't Classicized to the extent where he loses his original aesthetic to fit in better with the Vintage characters. He isn't a Dactys head with the Skeletor body and Draego-Man wings.
    But then that wouldn't be Dactus.
    Considering the vintage line gave us freaks like Mantenna, I'd say Dactus fits in just fine. =)

I watched the panel, seemed like a fun event. Only downside was rather obsessed person talking about the throne, can't say I shared his opinion. I get it that someone wants something very special way, but certainly the question asker himself knew it already it was not going to change...

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    but certainly the question asker himself knew it already it was not going to change...
    Which may have been why he was so frustrated. It was pointed out many many times before so there was time to fix it. 99% of customers have been referring to the throne as "Sorceress' Throne", so I can most certainly see why they should have designed it to fit her. Yes, the original 4 mini-comics had it be an all out battle to claim the throne, but I guarantee you every single customer who buys the Castle is going to attempt to put the Sorceress in that throne and it should have been better designed to fit her. Especially since the outcries have been there since day 1. That being said, it is an amazing piece and I CANNOT wait to have it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    but I guarantee you every single customer who buys the Castle is going to attempt to put the Sorceress in that throne.
    I'm not.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 19, 2013 at 12:42pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!