Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,401 to 1,419 of 1419

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

  1. #1401
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think Dave Wilkin's art is the only good thing about those comics.
    You're talking about the minicomic we got at Powercon Eamon? Yeah, the story was pretty by-the-numbers....BUT it was a visual delight, and it feels like I'm living in topsy-turvey land where the mini-comics have better art but small format, and DC's look like a rush job as usual, after baiting you in with really good cover art most of the time that looks reminiscent of the vintage style . That origin of Hordak might has well been a shameless ripoff of Jack Kirby's Fourth World myth.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  2. #1402
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    You're talking about the minicomic we got at Powercon Eamon? Yeah, the story was pretty by-the-numbers....BUT it was a visual delight, and it feels like I'm living in topsy-turvey land where the mini-comics have better art but small format, and DC's look like a rush job as usual, after baiting you in with really good cover art most of the time that looks reminiscent of the vintage style . That origin of Hordak might has well been a shameless ripoff of Jack Kirby's Fourth World myth.
    I am referring to the DC comic. Wilkins hasn't done any minicomic covers has he?

    I think the art in the minicomics is fine. The DC comics not so much.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  3. #1403
    Heroic Warrior theblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I am referring to the DC comic. Wilkins hasn't done any minicomic covers has he?

    I think the art in the minicomics is fine. The DC comics not so much.
    Oh , I wasn't paying attention, I thought you were referring to drew the DC Vs. MOTU comic so far. I wasn't impressed, especially with jawless SkeleMonitor. I don't mind HIS covers (is it just the unnecessary re-designs you don't like?), but the Origin of Hordak was the lowest point IMO for the DCifying of MOTU.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

    My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

  4. #1404
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    Oh , I wasn't paying attention, I thought you were referring to drew the DC Vs. MOTU comic so far. I wasn't impressed, especially with jawless SkeleMonitor. I don't mind HIS covers (is it just the unnecessary re-designs you don't like?), but the Origin of Hordak was the lowest point IMO for the DCifying of MOTU.
    Wilkins didn't do the redesigns. He was just told what to draw and his PowerCon print shows how he sees MOTU and it's MOTU. He gets it. Others do not.
    I think it was the regular penciller (which ever one it may be at any given issue) is who redesigned the characters.

    I am not a fan of these particular redesigns no.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  5. #1405
    Heroic Warrior beastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    599
    I have a question about a vendor from PowerCon so hopefully this is being posted in the right spot. I purchased a commission from Thomas Cook on the first day of PowerCon. He told me that it would be sent in about two weeks which I was fine with. I am not questioning his integrity yet but it has now been over a month and no commission or communication. He has not responded to either of the two emails I sent him asking for a status update. Anybody have any suggestions?
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

    My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

    My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

  6. #1406
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    I have a question about a vendor from PowerCon so hopefully this is being posted in the right spot. I purchased a commission from Thomas Cook on the first day of PowerCon. He told me that it would be sent in about two weeks which I was fine with. I am not questioning his integrity yet but it has now been over a month and no commission or communication. He has not responded to either of the two emails I sent him asking for a status update. Anybody have any suggestions?
    What was the commission may I ask? Sometimes folks can take a while.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  7. #1407
    Heroic Warrior beastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    What was the commission may I ask? Sometimes folks can take a while.
    It was a 9x12" picture of Beast Man and Skeletor in Filmation style. I totally appreciate the time required. I am just more concerned that it has been five weeks and I am not getting any replies to my emails (waited three weeks before sending one because I didn't want to be a pest). I am sure it will all work out but I would like to get an update since it is taking longer than he thought. I can't wait to have a drawing of those two baddies from an original Filmation animator.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

    My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

    My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

  8. #1408
    Master of Good Hair Eamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Irish but live in UK
    Posts
    16,274
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    It was a 9x12" picture of Beast Man and Skeletor in Filmation style. I totally appreciate the time required. I am just more concerned that it has been five weeks and I am not getting any replies to my emails (waited three weeks before sending one because I didn't want to be a pest). I am sure it will all work out but I would like to get an update since it is taking longer than he thought. I can't wait to have a drawing of those two baddies from an original Filmation animator.

    Did he say he was drawing them?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

  9. #1409
    Heroic Warrior beastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Did he say he was drawing them?
    Yes he did.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

    My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

    My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

  10. #1410
    He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    I have a question about a vendor from PowerCon so hopefully this is being posted in the right spot. I purchased a commission from Thomas Cook on the first day of PowerCon. He told me that it would be sent in about two weeks which I was fine with. I am not questioning his integrity yet but it has now been over a month and no commission or communication. He has not responded to either of the two emails I sent him asking for a status update. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Beastor,

    I am very sorry to hear that he is not responding to your e-mails. According to his website, he was just at Wizard World Nashville. He also has a Twitter. Perhaps there are some more ways to contact him: http://www.comicrecreations.com/index.html

    Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

  11. #1411
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    yeah, i actually had a problem with a vendor (toys and toons) too. I bought what I was told was a complete eternia track only to find out that the track was incomplete and missing a track... Tried to contact them but no answer.... lame.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  12. #1412
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    776
    Hi there.... I am very rarely on these boards and this is the first I am hearing of this issue with the tracks. How many pieces did you get from me? That should have been a full set that was sold at Power Con. Please let me know how many pieces you got as well as which type of piece is missing.

    Pete

  13. #1413
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi there.... I am very rarely on these boards and this is the first I am hearing of this issue with the tracks. How many pieces did you get from me? That should have been a full set that was sold at Power Con. Please let me know how many pieces you got as well as which type of piece is missing.

    Pete
    Thanks, I'll send you a PM
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  14. #1414
    Heroic Warrior beastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    599
    Another week gone by and no response. I emailed him from a different account in case my other email was going to spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Beastor,

    I am very sorry to hear that he is not responding to your e-mails. According to his website, he was just at Wizard World Nashville. He also has a Twitter. Perhaps there are some more ways to contact him: http://www.comicrecreations.com/index.html
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

    My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

    My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

  15. #1415
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,022
    Any details yet on Power Con 2014 like dates or location?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  16. #1416
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,463
    Not yet. But hopefully soon.

  17. #1417
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Hoping it stays in the same venue.

  18. #1418
    Daemonite Scum! Jobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    839
    My vacation planning is based around the date and location. Please be Torrance again.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

    ~ Me ~

    FeedBack:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

  19. #1419
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield, CT USA
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    My vacation planning is based around the date and location. Please be Torrance again.
    While I would have preferred a NYC con just for the savings in travel alone, I have to say I mirror these sentiments now. I have come to look forward to my post power-Con stay in Long Beach just as much as the convention. For this alone I would be happy for it to be in Torrance again. Also, so many of us are now familiar with the travel and transportation routine as well as the local area. I think this makes having the convention at the same hotel extraordinarily convenient for all repeat attendees. The only issue would be if it continues to grow. The size and configuration of the main panel room last year was not conducive to a large panel. Loosing the larger room downstairs to accommodate for an expanded show floor was a shame in that regard.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •