Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

I would love to go but it's either this or SDCC and my brother lives in San Diego so you can guess which one I will choose. From everyone's feedback it seems this is a very well run show and I'm sure it's easier for Mattel and some of the brand talent to attend having it near LA.

For anyone who is organizing the event - do you know who might be attending for TMNT? Will the current IDW comic team or Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird possibly be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    is the Thundercats portion of this still technically the same "Thunder-Con" convention, just now under the Power-Con name
    Correct, good sir! Everything is being branded under one name to make it easier moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    do you know who might be attending for TMNT? Will the current IDW comic team or Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird possibly be there?
    Guest announcements will probably start in February, and will continue all the way up to the con! There will be lots of guest goodness.

I love Power-Con. I really do! Both years I knew I'd have a good time, but both years far surpassed my expectations in utter awesomeness! Cannot wait for year 3!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    Having Blade and Evil Lyn from the movie was great. It would be awesome to try to get Alan Oppenheimer to come back next year. I know John Erwin has stated many times he wants to leave He-Man in the past so I won't even ask for him to be added to the list. The Filmation voice actors were so fun to see on the panel!
    I agree, having Blade and Evil-Lyn there this year really helped broaden the appeal to more than just the MOTU cartoons, comics and toys. So, what are the chances we might see someone like Dolph or (fingers mightily crossed) even Frank Langella at the show in 2013/14? I know both are what you might classify as star-studded bonafide movie stars at this point in their respective careers, but still it would be a great way to elevate the shows profile even more!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I guess it doesn't really matter to me where it is since I live in TN so I am flying no matter what.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Anyone from az going?
    God I hate Stratos.

Snappy Threader
    Oh how I wish it could come to Chicago sometime. My work schedule (and family vacation schedule) just doesn't seem allow for a trip to CA anytime soon.

Heroic Warrior
    Well,I guess having Power in New York didn't happen. Guess Hurricane Sandy saw to that.

I'm SUPER bummed that it is not going to be in NY. I had so many friends who were interested in going but can't afford to go out to L.A. As disappointing as it is I'm still excited and if it has to be in CA I'm glad it's at the same place as 2012. That Marriott was a great venue. I hope there is another auction!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    I know myself and my opinion are really not well liked on these boards, but ca again really does kill it for a lot of international fans.for the few days the con runs its just far to expensive.

The idea of NYC still would have been expensive but no way near as muc. I hope it goes well but sadly for another year it's just a pipe dream
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Ah man, you guys added Turtles too?! I just might have to go for the 3rd year in a row. Cant wait when you guys hold it in NYC, THAT I will DEFINITEY make the 1500 mile drive for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Cannot wait for year 3!!!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    So, what are the chances we might see someone like Dolph or (fingers mightily crossed) even Frank Langella at the show in 2013/14?
    I know it's a cryptic, unexciting response, but, we'll have to wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I guess it doesn't really matter to me where it is since I live in TN so I am flying no matter what.
    Looking forward to seeing you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I hope there is another auction!
    Yep, there will be! and thank you for supporting it. That means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Ah man, you guys added Turtles too?! I just might have to go for the 3rd year in a row. Cant wait when you guys hold it in NYC, THAT I will DEFINITEY make the 1500 mile drive for!!!
    Awesome!

Seems every year its the same weekend as my wife's birthday. Although with the added awesomeness of TMNT, it may be finally time to take the trip north for the show.

NNNOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!

I could have drove to NY for me an my kids to save money. But I simply can't afford airfair + hotel + expenses in LA for me an my kids, so its not even possible for me now.

Crud, an I was so excited to try an go to NY for my first powercon with my kids too...

I'm happy that this is taking place in California again. I also think just calling the convention "Power-Con" is a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I also think just calling the convention "Power-Con" is a good move.
    Power-Con as one label just makes it simpler. The power of Grayskull, the power of the Eye of Thundera, Turtle power.... it's all under one roof.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    Seems every year its the same weekend as my wife's birthday. Although with the added awesomeness of TMNT, it may be finally time to take the trip north for the show.
    The perfect birthday gift! Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Power-Con as one label just makes it simpler. The power of Grayskull, the power of the Eye of Thundera, Turtle power.... it's all under one roof.

The perfect birthday gift! Maybe?
    Yes, and please post a vid of her reaction when you tell her!

I can't wait to go again, but last year was definitely my bf's first and last..."That's the free gift? Tiny swords? And people are excited about this??"

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Discounted Hotel Reservations now available for Power-Con 2013!

Discounted Hotel Reservations now available for Power-Con 2013!

Last year we saw the Power-Con convention DOUBLE in attendance from its first outing and we expect this year to be even bigger with the addition of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the fun that He-Man, She-Ra, and ThunderCats were already having!

You don't want to miss what is being called one of the ultimate, most intimate fan experiences! Our hotel block with the Torrance Marriott South Bay is now open and you can reserve rooms for Power-Con 2013 at a discounted rate. The convention dates are Saturday, September 14th and Sunday, September 15th. Discount room rates are available for Thursday, Friday, and the nights of the convention on Saturday and Sunday.

Single/Double occupancy standard room: 115.00 a night
    Triple occupancy standard room: 125.00 a night
    Quadruple occupancy standard room: 135.00 a night

You can also make reservations over the phone by calling 800-228-9290 using the group code "POW" for Power-Con.

All reservations must be made before Friday, August 23rd to qualify for the group rate. Last year our room block was filled long before the convention. With the addition of TMNT, which will get the full Power-Con treatment, we expect the rooms this year to sell out even faster. So don't delay! Make sure you reserve your Power-Con room block today!

To stay up to date with all the Power-Con 2013 news, visit the official website at:
    http://www.thepower-con.com/
    And, "Like" the convention on Facebook at:
    http://www.facebook.com/ThePowerCon

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

My room reservation is complete. Now to keep my eyes open on when registration starts. I held off last time and missed out on the Power Pass. I'll be sure to register right away this time!

Going to go ahead and register my room. I really hope I can make it... still trying to decide on that, and I probably won't know until closer to time. But I had a blast the past two years. I know I'd be sad if I missed it.

Just reserved my room. I'm staying an extra night on the RMS Queen Mary in Long Beach like I did last year. As much as I was hoping for New York I am really looking forward to returning to both places and relive the fun I had! Hope you can make it Jon!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Thanks Swifty. I'm sure I can figure out a way. Just supposed to be saving for a house this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Thanks Swifty. I'm sure I can figure out a way. Just supposed to be saving for a house this year.
    Sorry Jon, we have discussed this. You have no choice, so I will see you there
    the ignore list is my new best friend

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Going to go ahead and register my room. I really hope I can make it... still trying to decide on that, and I probably won't know until closer to time. But I had a blast the past two years. I know I'd be sad if I missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Sorry Jon, we have discussed this. You have no choice, so I will see you there
    I'm in the same boat, Jon. Not sure if I can go, but am booking my hotel room as an act of faith. Hopefully all will work out, I've really enjoyed this con the last two years! (and I have also been warned by fball... he has informed me that it is a violation of some kind of nerd law if I do not attend. I need to look up the specific statute. )

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I'm in the same boat, Jon. Not sure if I can go, but am booking my hotel room as an act of faith. Hopefully all will work out, I've really enjoyed this con the last two years! (and I have also been warned by fball... he has informed me that it is a violation of some kind of nerd law if I do not attend. I need to look up the specific statute. )
    tis true
    the ignore list is my new best friend