Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2013: Sept. 14-15 in Torrance, CA - w/ 2012 Video Promo and Recap!

Room reserved, the Traverse City gang will see you at Power-Con once again!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I'm in the same boat, Jon. Not sure if I can go, but am booking my hotel room as an act of faith. Hopefully all will work out, I've really enjoyed this con the last two years! (and I have also been warned by fball... he has informed me that it is a violation of some kind of nerd law if I do not attend. I need to look up the specific statute. )
    I just think that's his way of offering to pay our way this year.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That's very decent of him.

Thanks, fball!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    That's very decent of him.

Thanks, fball!!!

who? what? where? huh?

I have no idea who you people are....
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I've booked a room! It was so much nicer last year staying at the hotel versus driving back and forth each day, since the Con is about an hour from my apartment in the West valley.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Just Booked my room!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I havent booked a room yet, but definately will be attending again this year. Went the first year with my 2 oldest boys and last year took all three of my boys and my wife. We all enjoyed it. Just trying to decide what to do about rooms. One room is a little crammed for 5 people. Deciding if i should get 2 adjoining rooms (kids are 3, 5, and 8, so they have to be adjoined) or a suite. Anyone have any suggestions?

you might want to call and ask about a suite. I'm not sure how expensive they are, as they aren't in the Power-Con discount block ,and they don't have many of them. Heck, they might all be reserved already. But if you can get one, it might be cheaper to get the suite than two rooms.

I just booked my room, but I have a question. I've never even been to Cali before and I"ll be flying in from the east coast. Where's the closest airport? I assume Los Angeles. If this is the case, how long is it to Torrance and how would you advise that I get there from the airport?

Thanks and i'm freaking stoked to see everybody!

Torrance is right near LAX. There are shuttle services available (but it can take a while since they tend to make multiple stops) or you can get a taxi. Last year I rented a car for the weekend. It was less than $100 and I was able to run around LA a bit on Friday before the show started.

Will he-man.org have a table?
    God I hate Stratos.

Booked my room and rental car yesterday, so my wife, my store and myself will be there once again
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    I just booked my room, but I have a question. I've never even been to Cali before and I"ll be flying in from the east coast. Where's the closest airport? I assume Los Angeles. If this is the case, how long is it to Torrance and how would you advise that I get there from the airport?

Thanks and i'm freaking stoked to see everybody!
    LAX is probably your best bet.
    And you can either take a taxi or a Super Shuttle to the hotel. I'm going to work to arrange the discounted Super Shuttle again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    Will he-man.org have a table?
    Yep! It will be a Masters Cast / He-Man.org / Roast Gooble Dinner table!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    I recommend that people look into Long Beach airport too. It's about the same distance from Torrance, just south along the 405 Freeway instead of North. LAX still may work out better, but it's good to look into all the options and at most times of the day the 405N has lighter traffic than the 405S.

With very light traffic, it's possible to make it from the airport to the hotel in around 20 minutes, but much depends on the traffic (I've seen it take an hour and a half). Gridlock in SoCal is not exaggerated. So I'd recommend trying to avoid the heaviest driving times (6:00-10:00 AM and 3:00-7:00 PM) by scheduling your arrival time to avoid those. You might still get some bad luck anyway, in the same way you might have some good luck during those times, but the odds are best if you can arrive in mid-day or later at night or early morning Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gratified to hear that so many people enjoyed the fine city of Torrance last year.

BOOM! Room is booked...and now to play the waiting game.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Got my room reserved!!!! Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering: will tickets to Power-Con be available roughly around the same time as 2012? Also, will there be upgrade options on tickets?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Tickets will be available not too long after we made the first guest announcements, which is also coming very soon.

There will be an upgrade as long as Power Pass and RGD packages remaining. But Power Passes sold out ultra fast last yer and I expect the same this year. RGD packages will probably be around a while longer, though. And if you want to upgrade, and something to upgrade to still remains, all you need to do is write into the con and ask for help with that and someone will take care of your needs.

I'm so excited for Power Con 2013, the last two years have been so much fun.

Val, will ticket prices be similar to last year? I want to have an idea so I can have it ready, I don't want to miss out on the Power Pass.

PS the image on the Power Pass this year should be Evil-Lyn.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I want to have an idea so I can have it ready, I don't want to miss out on the Power Pass.
    I'm working all that out as we speak!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm working all that out as we speak!
    are we there yet?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Room reserved!

I just booked my room. Friday, September 13th - Monday, September 16th. Looking forward to seeing everyone
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 3, 2013 at 06:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Tickets will be available not too long after we made the first guest announcements, which is also coming very soon.

There will be an upgrade as long as Power Pass and RGD packages remaining. But Power Passes sold out ultra fast last yer and I expect the same this year. RGD packages will probably be around a while longer, though. And if you want to upgrade, and something to upgrade to still remains, all you need to do is write into the con and ask for help with that and someone will take care of your needs.
    Sweet, thanks!

Oh, another thing sprang to mind ~ maybe i've missed it mentioned elsewhere ~ are there guests for Thundercats/TMNT like there are for MOTU?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftJustice View Post
    Anyone from az going?
    I'm planning on it!

Still need to work out the details, but I should be there.
    I did promise Mark, after all. :-D
    Bill :: guitargod694