Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Castle Warriors Customiztion Kit Sold Out

Castle Warriors Customiztion Kit Sold Out

Today was the sale of Castle Warriors Customization Kit at 9PM (Eastern Standard Time) at

http://www.warlordsoftheuniverse.com/

I was like two hours in the front of my screen trying to buy two sets and they sold out in less than a minute.

Joe's customs are pieces of art but they sold out very fast. For that reason he should consider a pre-order system.
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; December 12, 2012 at 09:47pm.

It was more like less than 10 seconds. The very second it appeared I added it it to my cart and went to paypal, and it was sold out already. Pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    It was more like less than 10 seconds. The very second it appeared I added it it to my cart and went to paypal, and it was sold out already
    I was refreshing the page every ten seconds from 8:57p.m. to 9:05p.m. and I could never see the purchase link in the page. The next thing I saw was the sold out announcement. Congratulation for him, but I really wanted at least one set of his awesome custom.
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; December 12, 2012 at 10:13pm.

Even a pre-order wouldn't change things too much. There simply just ain't enough to go around. Joe has enough notoriety among collectors to start his own full time biz ala Spy Monkey.

I missed out too, but at least we know Amaro is on the rise!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Caos View Post
    I was refreshing the page every ten seconds from 8:57p.m. to 9:05p.m. and I could never see the sale link in the page. The next thing I saw was the sold out announcement. Congratulation for him, but I really wanted at least one set of his awesome custom.
    There were two websites, http://www.warlordsoftheuniverse.com and http://www.castlewarriors.net

I started the purchase on castlewarriors.net (which I was unable to complete lol). I don't know if the warlords address also had the purchase window.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to leave feedback for Joe on either site! He's got a little interest form to fill out. If enough people fill it out, it'll be a second run!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

It was more like less than 10 seconds. The very second it appeared I added it it to my cart and went to paypal, and it was sold out already. Pretty disappointing.
    I was refreshing the page every ten seconds from 8:57p.m. to 9:05p.m. and I could never see the sale link in the page. The next thing I saw was the sold out announcement. Congratulation for him, but I really wanted at least one set of his awesome custom.
    Yep. This was my story as well. There goes my hope for the hammer too.

However I do believe that either a preorder or a purchase limit would help this issue.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Even a pre-order wouldn't change things too much. There simply just ain't enough to go around. Joe has enough notoriety among collectors to start his own full time biz ala Spy Monkey.

I missed out too, but at least we know Amaro is on the rise!

- - - Updated - - -

There were two websites, http://www.warlordsoftheuniverse.com and http://www.castlewarriors.net

I started the purchase on castlewarriors.net (which I was unable to complete lol). I don't know if the warlords address also had the purchase window.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to leave feedback for Joe on either site! He's got a little interest form to fill out. If enough people fill it out, it'll be a second run!

I had both pages open and in both pages happened the same.
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; December 12, 2012 at 10:10pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Really hoping for a second run on these, and more kits like it for other figures!

I'm in the exact same boat.
    10 seconds after 9 I threw it in my cart, logged into paypal, changed my payment method and that badboy was gone.
    Very unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the exact same boat.
    10 seconds after 9 I threw it in my cart, logged into paypal, changed my payment method and that badboy was gone.
    Very unfortunate.

Damn!
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

How much did these cost?
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I was refreshing the page every ten seconds from 8:57p.m. to 9:05p.m. and I could never see the purchase link in the page. The next thing I saw was the sold out announcement. Congratulation for him, but I really wanted at least one set of his awesome custom.
    Same here. Did anybody get this?

*meh* same here. I wonder how many sets were available from this first run...
    maybe some bigger toyshop bought the whole run in the first second....?

I really hope for a 2nd chance.

Ok now I need all three items: the Hammer, the Manta Raider, and the Castle Warriors Set. This time I didn't even try. It went on sale at 3 AM German time and I was in bed. Got a job and have to get up early
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Ok now I need all three items: the Hammer, the Manta Raider, and the Castle Warriors Set. This time I didn't even try. It went on sale at 3 AM German time and I was in bed. Got a job and have to get up early
    I'd like all 3 items too, but I'm not going to bother. Seems these items sell out almost instantly, so even if I was online at the exact moment they went on sale, I doubt I'd get one. Still, they look really good.

At first i wasn't even understanding what i was reading, thought it was some paypal error, then it struck me, these sets have sold out within seconds! I already had my paypal account logged on, and was refreshing the page every single second for the last two minutes before the sale.

I'm all for a pre-order system for these, although i reckon this can be a risky thing to do for someone with limited resources\time given the amount of demand his work has.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    At first i wasn't even understanding what i was reading, thought it was some paypal error, then it struck me, these sets have sold out within seconds! I already had my paypal account logged on, and was refreshing the page every single second for the last two minutes before the sale.

I'm all for a pre-order system for these, although i reckon this can be a risky thing to do for someone with limited resources\time given the amount of demand his work has.
    It would be awesome if he was somehow able to team up with SpyMonkey! Though this might be problematic as they've been pulling away stylistically from MOTUC and more toward Glyos stuff.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I completely forgot to try to order this last night.... and that was after making a "mental note" to do so earlier in the day. Oddly, I actually kind of feel better knowing that they sold out in a manner of seconds. My odds of getting one probably wouldn't have been much better had I remembered and attempted to get one.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I know that it was less than a minute, I got in to the paypal screen and then got the Sold out screen....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

It really was like 10 seconds, logged in at PayPal already, in the second it was online buyng it, then...SOLD OUT!

Either Joe had only 1 to sell or somebody must have grabbed a trillion of those and everybody misses out. I hope he goes into production soon!

You can't make such a fuzz about this amzing item so many people want and then only selling a handful. Either you sell none, or make so many that they last more than a few seconds!
    Last edited by Xetheus; December 13, 2012 at 11:02am.

If any one was able to get this, please describe how you were able to go through processing so quickly. Also, Joe DESPERATELY needs to either offer pre-orders, or else limit the quantity per customer. If this is what his sales are like, then I'll never be back again.

Heroic Warrior
    Joe's stuff is really great. But I'm starting to look at it as "Spirit of Grayskull" rare and unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    If any one was able to get this, please describe how you were able to go through processing so quickly. Also, Joe DESPERATELY needs to either offer pre-orders, or else limit the quantity per customer. If this is what his sales are like, then I'll never be back again.
    The last two sales were like that. If I remember correctly only the Mystic Hammer lasted slightly longer. I'm past any frustration now and have reached the point were I just don't care anymore and pretend these items don't exist... Especially for us international fans they are virtually impossible to come by.
    I agree with what you said about the massive advertisement for all of his items: this only heightens the Frustration IMO. Those who do toy reviews at least don't have to worry about how and where to get these items.
    I also find it unfortunate that Joe so quickly moves on to the next project instead of trying to satisfy the demand for his previously released items. The List gets longer: first it was only the Hammer, now it's three items already...
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    The last two sales were like that. If I remember correctly only the Mystic Hammer lasted slightly longer. I'm past any frustration now and have reached the point were I just don't care anymore and pretend these items don't exist... Especially for us international fans they are virtually impossible to come by.
    I agree with what you said about the massive advertisement for all of his items: this only heightens the Frustration IMO. Those who do toy reviews at least don't have to worry about how and where to get these items.
    I also find it unfortunate that Joe so quickly moves on to the next project instead of trying to satisfy the demand for his previously released items. The List gets longer: first it was only the Hammer, now it's three items already...
    I agree with you 100% I really would like to know if at least one member of the org could buy one set.
    Last edited by Lord of Caos; December 13, 2012 at 10:46am.

Joe surely seems to be a great guy and does an amazing job. No question. But these insanely fast sell-outs make customers mad. In the long run, it will cause more trouble than it helps.

I know Joe cannot make millions of them, but he surely should take preorders and deliver more Molten Hammers, as I think, these will sell-out like BAM!

Of course, more Manta Raides for those who missed out and more Castle Grayskullman sets for all of us since it seems only God, PD, and Chuck Norris were able to get one!

Please reply Joe and tell us more CGM sets are in the making and you have Molten Hammers like dark clouds have rain drops.

Yeah, same thing here, I added 2 to my cart the second they were up, and "poof" they were gone...
    I'm bummed because I bought 2 extra CGM to have them customized with this kit...

Maybe Joe can offer them unpainted?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!