Thread: Die Hard 25th anniversary

Heroic Warrior

Die Hard 25th anniversary

Starting in January, the franchise celebrates it's 25th anniversary with the new one coming out on Valentine's Day.

The original movie is always one of the perfect holiday movies to watch during Xmas time as it with Lethal Weapon are the quintessential Christmas action movies.

I still remembered seeing Die Hard in theaters 5 times when i was 7 and blew me away each time, even my family dug it. McClane became one of my childhood heroes and i saw Die Hard 2 about 4 times at 9 with Die Hard 3 about 5 times at 13 and i even liked Die Hard 4 but only in it's unrated cut.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaTate View Post
    I am going to take a picture of myself in front of the building

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Pla...Los_Angeles%29
    I took my picture in front of the Federal Reserve Bank of NY. Granted that was from the third one, but I love me some Die Hard.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    who else saw this in theaters as a kid and who watches this every christmas season?

That glass pulling scene looked quite painful if you ask me.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; December 24, 2012 at 12:47am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I do love the Die Hard movies!!!

I saw it in theaters when I was about 9 I think. Pretty sure it was the $1.50 theater with just my parents. I don't think my 2 older bros were with us.
    When it was out for rent we had it for days and watched it over and over.

My wife and I visited LA in 05 or 06 and when I got out of the rental car in front of the 'Nakotomi' bldg to take a pic, a security guard rushed over to say I couldn't do that for security purposes. I explained I was a huge Die Hard fan but he didn't care.
    So of course I went 1 parking lot over and got what I wanted anyway. I think the 9/11 scare was still in effect...I wonder if they are the same way now? Seems silly to me but he was just doing his job.

I watch Die Hard at Christmas each year as well. Actually caught it on HBO this year!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    25 years... gawddddddd! I didn't see it at the flix but I definately saw it new to rental, so I suddenly feel old again. Awesome movie - Yes it's a deserved classic but even so, I still don't think it get's the credit it deserves for revolutionising the genre.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    The original movie is always one of the perfect holiday movies to watch during Xmas time as it with Lethal Weapon are the quintessential Christmas action movies.
    Eh, not so much for me. I have still not warmed up to either of those being Christmas classics. I can watch them anytime, they don't become magic at Christmas like It's a Wonderful Life or White Christmas. Even just for the sake of being subversive I much prefer Lion in Winter or possibly Gremlins.

But neat that it's 25 years old...except for the part about how old that makes me.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406