Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SUBSCRIPTION Mosquitor & Procrustus ARRIVAL Thread

Wanna talk about frustration?

My sub package was scheduled to be delivered Friday, and it was. My flight to go to visit my partner's family in Nashville for Christmas was at 4pm. UPS always comes around 6pm.

Well, my flight was delayed until nearly 10PM!!!!! But they didn't tell us that until we were already at the airport.

My Mosquitor and Procrustus could have joined their cronies after all (at least for an hour or two). Now they and I must wait a week!!

Everyone, post pics so I can keep living vicariously through you!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Mine came Friday, but I didn't get home from work until midnight and left early Saturday morning to see the folks, so I I only had time to open the shipping box and I got 2 Stratos. Can't wait to get home in a few days a d free everyone from their plastic prisons, when I have some time to really enjoy them!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; December 22, 2012 at 11:30pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Wanna talk about frustration?

My sub package was scheduled to be delivered Friday, and it was. My flight to go to visit my partner's family in Nashville for Christmas was at 4pm. UPS always comes around 6pm.

Well, my flight was delayed until nearly 10PM!!!!! But they didn't tell us that until we were already at the airport.

My Mosquitor and Procrustus could have joined their cronies after all (at least for an hour or two). Now they and I must wait a week!!

Everyone, post pics so I can keep living vicariously through you!!
    There there Duke
    Think positive - some of us have to wait until mid January and may even need to drive to the customs to get them...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Got my figures yesterday. I'm having to keep mine hidden though as my son is getting his for Christmas and thinks they are still delayed. I was not looking forward to Procrustus but he turned out to be a pretty cool figure.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    image.jpg
    The mighty God Procrustus is home. Just trying to keep it together!

Took that picture in my fire pit on my patio. I wish the light was coming from the bottom, but oh we'll. still like the look!

Sigh....I was so excited to get Procrustus. Mine arrived broken. One of his back arms is broken at the joint and the piece that was snapped in two is jammed up in the hallow of his arm.

This is why I don't believe it when so many people say they have had little to no QC issues with this line. I get more than my fair share. And returning figures is always difficult and frustrating.
    Last edited by davidlogan; December 22, 2012 at 06:52pm.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    This is why I don't believe it when so many people say they have had little to no QC issues with this line. I get more than my fair share. And returning figures is always difficult and frustrating.

A-men brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    There there Duke
    Think positive - some of us have to wait until mid January and may even need to drive to the customs to get them...
    Boo. That's not fun. . I didn't mean to sound like I was whining. . I just thought it was like that Murphy's Law type scenario lol.

Sigh....I was so excited to get Procrustus. Mine arrived broken. One of his back arms is broken at the joint and the piece that was snapped in two is jammed up in the hallow of his arm.

Wow. That's disappointing. Make sure they replace it and have UPS pick it up for free.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Picked up my stuff on Thurs. but will examine all of it tomorrow. Hey can you guys post picks to show us what we should look for in the arm scenario with 'Crusty? And has anyone found anything wrong with Mosquitor or are we good with him? oh yeah... 6 Mer-Man. (so much for diversity)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

same here except with the front arm

- - - Updated - - -

same here except with the front arm

Ugh, my Mosquitor's left hand feels like it will tear off anytime soon. Damn gummy plastic.

I must be extraordinarily lucky then, for I have had very little to no issues with any of my figs since the dawn of this toyline. I have some small concerns similar to yers with the gummy left hand not releasing to twist properly, but I have tricks to make sure its fine.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Received my shipment the other day.

Procrustus

He is not a bad figure, and easily the best of all the giants. I own Megator (subscription, no choice), but Tytus remains the one figure I passed on.

Procrustus needs ball jointed shoulders and ankle articulation to make him an "A" figure.

However what is here is pretty nice.

The Good -

The sculpting, paint apps, and basic design are very nice. No complaints at all. I like him because he has a Ray Harryhausen vibe.

The Star Seed is also a wonderful accessory (yeah I know it's a marble). Between the Star Seed and the Orb of Grayskull, we at last have physical representations of the ultimate power Skeletor has been seeking.

No QC issues with mine.

The Bad-

Procrustus, like Tytus and Megator is simply not worth the money in my opinion. The lack of ankle movement and ball jointed shoulders hurts his playability.

So once again articulation is the downfall of what could have been a very cool motuc toy.

Grade B minus I think interesting sculpting, the Star Seed, and two additional arms upgrade him over the previous giants significantly.

Mosquitor

This guy was the real prize this month. Not a figure I ever had as a child. The basic design isn't one of the better ones in my opinion either. The original Horde and Dragstor are much cooler looking in my opinion.

I do have the 200x staction however, and it was very neat, and made me take a second look at Mosquitor.

The Good -

No real QC issues to speak of. The paint apps are nice on mine, no missing parts, etc.

The sculpting is very nice on the chest piece, with the blood window looking very interesting. There are a lot of little details on Mosquitor's chest armor, much more than on some other figures.

The Bad -

Mosquitor has some extremely gummy plastic on his hands. Like "be careful or you'll rip his hand off" gummy. The left hand wasn't too bad, but the right one still doesn't like to rotate as well as it should.

I was careful, but I still went for broke and rotated it. I figured I'd just get a replacement from Matty if it broke. The hands on these figures should work.

The shoulders were also very hard to rotate as well; either because they're tight, or because the chest armor restricts the movement, I'm not sure.

The lack of accessories was noticeable as well. No Horde armband? One gun? That's it? I dunno, he just feels like he should have something else.

The extra arms on the back of the figure, while appreciated, do not feel like they belong to me. I felt they were absolutely necessary for Buzz-Off and Webstor to keep them from being straight vintage rehash failures, and they worked wonders for them. Webstor is one of my favorite figures in the line, the legs add so much to him.

But on Mosquitor, they just don't feel right. I think he needed the awesome blood tanks the 200x staction had.

So I ended up taking the legs off the back armor and putting them in the accessory bag. I like him much better now. For anyone who is interested, they just pop out. You can remove them and then replace them at a later date without difficulty.

Grade B

Mosquitor is a solid toy, but far from one of my favorites. Off all the figures released this year, Mosquitor would probably be in the bottom of my top ten, or maybe just out of the top ten. Kind of bland in that he's lacking useful accessories, and he does look a bit goofy.

Still not a bad figure though.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; December 23, 2012 at 05:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    I must be extraordinarily lucky then, for I have had very little to no issues with any of my figs since the dawn of this toyline. I have some small concerns similar to yers with the gummy left hand not releasing to twist properly, but I have tricks to make sure its fine.
    Same here, a couple of loose ankles but no broken bits, large paint apps mistakes or nothing.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Well finally got to checking my figures and only one Squiteer has a blotch of red paint on his left bicep, with three more having slightly bent stingers in the blister, other than that they seem fine.

As for Crusty, I will have to really check as per the prior posts stating his has some defect and hope someone gets those pics up quick for others!

As for my 6 free figs., I knew this "free" figure thing was kinda "fishy"!!!

Happy Holiday Friends!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Boo. That's not fun. . I didn't mean to sound like I was whining. . I just thought it was like that Murphy's Law type scenario lol.
    Don't worry it didn't sound like you were whining.
    I totally understand your frustration. Man I'd feel EXACTLY the same...
    Waiting sucks!
    My post was intended to help you thinking positive.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

ROTFLOL!!!! That is an awesome start for Clamp champ! Bust his nose, bub!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    I think I may be the first one, but check out that awesome detail!
    Thoughts?

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Anyone elses Mosquitor have a wonky insect leg out of package? Looks like it may just be warped.. But if its not..

Mosquitor is pretty cool! Would have liked that removeable helmet from the Staction (which I didn't even know about until someone pointed it out) but it doesn't hurt him to not have it. I think my only complaints could be the gummy hands and the fact that they keep sculpting guns with handles that just go straight down and they keep forgetting to put in that all important thumb slot. Without it he always points that sucker down! At least angle the gun handle a little!

Otherwise he's sweet! Love the bloody look to the chestpeice. Delightfully creepy 'n all that.

Procrustus is certainly the BEST of the giants! Not that Megator wasn't nice lookin'...I guess I just like the classic giant rock golem look to Procrustus. He works for who he is, but as a toy he is just PERFECT for that giant beast that He-Man randomly comes across on an adventure. All around awesome toy, this one. The bicep swivels make all the difference in making him much better than the other two giants.

*sigh* Now back to trying to find a place in this new house with good lighting until I can set up another picture takin' spot...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Got my Mosquitor, friggn love him. One of his armor tabs was deformed in the package because it was bent under his bicep, so it doesnt quite "lock" the way it should, but I might glue it or try heating and shaping it more than I already have.

I havent experienced the soft hands that everyone else mentions, mine feel just as hard as the rest of the plastic, but maybe its the cold Wisconsin air that makes the difference...

Mine just showed up. I opened procrustus to check his arms, all is well. I carefully sealed him back up. He waits with the rest in plastic prison until the castle sets them free.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Just got my Mosquitor today. He's cool, but I have to agree with a above post...he just seems to be missing something accessory-wise, and his arms are really restricted, it seems like, but his armor, which on my figure, is not locking together on one side very well...oh well, still a decent figure though

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I got my Mosquitor today. Pretty cool figure, but I didn't have the connection to him that others did. He kinda felt a bit....redundant to me being on the same team as Leech.

As I look at him more, he gives me more of a NA vibe more than anything. What if Leech was killed during the second Ultimate Battleground, and upon Hordak's retreat (He was not killed by Skeletor) Mosquitor was brought in to bolster the Horde forces.

Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor