Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SUBSCRIPTION Mosquitor & Procrustus ARRIVAL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    Procrustus right rear arm was a pain in the butt to get on.
    I second that emotion. Almost broke my thumb getting it on. People should hold the arms up in front of a light source and see how thin the extra arms are. I could see light through them.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    I got my 2 Misquitors and 1 Procrustus figures today. Procrustus is HUGE. Seems so much bigger than the other two giants!

Just got my Mosquitor and Procrustus today. Nearly strained a muscle getting Procrustus's back two arms in. Two very nice figures.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Just got mine tonight and I had to try a special accesory on Mosquitor

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Just got mine tonight and I had to try a special accesory on Mosquitor http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...squitor003.jpg
    MORE PICS of this please!!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Just got mine tonight and I had to try a special accesory on Mosquitor http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...squitor003.jpg
    HA! Exactly what I'm planning to do
    How did you attach the tanks to his back?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    MORE PICS of this please!!!
    Here you go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    HA! Exactly what I'm planning to do
    How did you attach the tanks to his back?
    I am using a sticky putty that you can buy for putting pictures on walls, etc... I may go back and sculpt the putty to fit the back better and paint it black, but for right now it's ok In case you were wondering too, I took a fine tooth saw to get a clean cut, so if I wanted to I could put it back on the staction if I wanted to. But, I think I like these better on my new figure--think theyre going to stay where they are

I have to be honest... I actually don't like the tanks on Classics Mosquitor. Somehow it just doesn't gel for me the way it did on the hunched over 200x version. Perhaps it's just the size thats bothering me as they do a look a little big.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    And i´ll rip the extra legs out as soon as i have him here!

Heroic Warrior
    Procrustus is awesome. The only way to make him better is to make him bigger. I was planning on selling Mosquitor but now that I see him up close I kind of like him. Another thumbs up to 4H for making a figure I wasn't crazy about into a toy I want.

Here you go http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...quitors005.jpghttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...quitors003.jpghttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...quitors004.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I am using a sticky putty that you can buy for putting pictures on walls, etc... I may go back and sculpt the putty to fit the back better and paint it black, but for right now it's ok In case you were wondering too, I took a fine tooth saw to get a clean cut, so if I wanted to I could put it back on the staction if I wanted to. But, I think I like these better on my new figure--think theyre going to stay where they are
    Sticky putty, I see. I always use a bit of that stuff to help figures hold onto certain weapons
    I would suggest to attach the tanks a bit lower. Right now the figure looks a bit too top heavy in my opinion. Also the hose might look good if you stuck it's end under the "body armour" on the back.
    Since I was able to easily pull the blood tanks out of my staction I did not need to damage them at all. Can't wait for mid January when I'll be able to do that myself...

Mine came today with Stratos
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Last edited by Dragonblaster; December 20, 2012 at 05:23am.

Very Sweet
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Got my figures yesterday and Procrustus is just awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I just opened my package and I can't get over how AMAZINGLY cool Procrustus is! Wan't familiar with him before he was revealed but I don't care, he's an instant favorite. Also super pumped to be getting one Mosquitor, one of my all-time favorite toys as a kid!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Got my figures yesterday (including bonus Stratos) and think these two were a nice cap to 2012. My Procrustus figure is flawless. His back arms didn't quite pop on, I had to slowly twist them on... but now they're there and they ain't coming off! He is much more impressive in person and easily the best of the giants. That bicep swivel is such a little thing, but it makes such a difference. I really do wish Tytus and Megator had this (just like I wish Teela and Evil-Lyn and Adora could turn at the waist...).
    Mosquitor!!! Love this guy so much. The joints on mine are nice and tight, his paint is perfect... I only have two gripes. One I'm sort of 50/50 on... it's his nose. Part of me really wanted a hard stiff plastic- I guess I forgot from previous reviews that it was going to be soft and flexible. But then the other part is thankful it IS soft and flexible because MOC before I opened him it was bent against the plastic because of the way his head was turned in the bubble. So had it been hard, I might have suffered some rubbed paint or a bent nose... but part of me is like "Come on, they did hard plastic in the '80s and my old one still is in perfect condition and I didn't put my eye out..."
    My other more serious gripe is that when it comes to the extra legs, I have two of the same leg on mine- not a left and a right- meaning they both "lean" in the same direction. It's nothing that bad, if I pose them a certain way they look okay... it just means I can't really move them any other way without them both hanging left or right. Other than that- he's a great figure and has me stoked for those later wave Horde characters like Dragstor and Multi-Bot

If Mattel had released Mosquitor like that he might have been easily tied with Fisto and CG Man for my favorite figure of the year. Waiting on mine to arrive this afternoon.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Mine are waiting for me, under the tree.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm getting jealous. Mine still have not been shipped.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Does anybody else's Star Seed look like it got stuck in the gears of a polisher?

pic1.jpg
    1. Shoemaker–Levy 9
    pic2.jpg
    2. Trilobite
    pic 3.jpg
    3. Just a good, standard scratch.

This is such a pain in the ass. It is so tiring that the first thing I do when I get these toys is look at them for defects to see if I need to return them. It would be nice to enjoy them.

Seriously, do ANYBODY else's Star Seeds have any marrings on them? Do you think this is worth the hassle of a DR/matty return? I have about 25 days to think about it.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; December 21, 2012 at 08:18pm.

Just got my sub figures!

Mosquitor:

This figure is pretty much perfect. I loved him in pics…I REALLY love him in person!!! Perfect detail on his exoskeleton! His joints are all great and his paint apps all appear to be very clean! The "blood feature" solution is a good one. I like the added tech detail brought in from the 200X staction as well as the additional insect limbs. I'm VERY happy with him…he's been well worth the wait!

Procrustus:

VERY cool giant! Certainly the best in execution so far that we've seen with the giants. The addition of the bicep cut is a nice addition! I love his "earthy" look…the paint apps are nice and his joints are great. FINALLY Eternia has it's god to hold the planet together!! Now we need some additional "giant" weapons in a future weapons oak to put in his other hands. How awesome would a large spear look in one of his hands!?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Seems that everyone loves Four-arm Rock Jesus.

I got him and Mosquito Man today. Along with another Bee-Man, which is weird because I wish Mosquitor had red Buzz-Off wings. And in my canon, all the insectoids hail from Planet Andreenos. All & all- a very fine Matty shipment.