Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SUBSCRIPTION Mosquitor & Procrustus ARRIVAL Thread

Well my Mosquitors left hand just twisted off. Guess I'll be calling DR tomorrow for a replacement. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Well my Mosquitors left hand just twisted off. Guess I'll be calling DR tomorrow for a replacement. This should be interesting.
    Yeah my right one is loose as crap. Just trying to turn it felt like i cut it in half. Whats with the soft plastic? Another design change? If it is, its another mistake. This line is getting to be nothing but one big disappointment.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by air23cnhit View Post
    Yeah my right one is loose as crap. Just trying to turn it felt like i cut it in half. Whats with the soft plastic? Another design change? If it is, its another mistake. This line is getting to be nothing but one big disappointment.
    You know, I noticed my Mosquitor feels especially "cheap" too. And I think you're right, in that the plastic is getting softer on the figures. My Mosquitor hand is also loose, but I didn't think too much of it because I've been bursting blood vessels over all my Granamyr issues.

Hmmm....me thinks I'll keep my sub to get Ram Man next month, but I'm really thinking it's time to bail on this line. I was about to earlier this year, and then Scott announced Grayskull and Granamyr and made some more empty promises and I got back on the bandwagon. Granamyr has proven to me that I'd be a fool to trust them with $500 (I ordered 2 CGs).

*sigh* decisions, decisions.

My mosquitors right hand twisted right off.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Mine did too.

I ended up gluing it back on.

Why? Because I don't want to deal with customer service. I'm still waiting for a response on a Black Friday mistake, where they sent me an incorrect figure instead of Icarius. Now 'my case is being solved' while I am told to wait.

Yeah, nonsense. Utter nonsense. They obviously have stock, since he's going back on sale next month.

Utter crap.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Mine did too.

I ended up gluing it back on.

Why? Because I don't want to deal with customer service. I'm still waiting for a response on a Black Friday mistake, where they sent me an incorrect figure instead of Icarius. Now 'my case is being solved' while I am told to wait.

Yeah, nonsense. Utter nonsense. They obviously have stock, since he's going back on sale next month.

Utter crap.
    My Mosquitor had joint issues in the upper shoulder, biceps/shoulders, and the wrists. This is due to the type of plastic used and/or paint inside the joints making the joints stick together.

An easy remedy is to put him in the freezer for a few hours and then gingerly try moving the joints back and forth until they loosen. I did this with my Mosquitor and his joints are still stiff but now they move and aren't going to break.

EDIT:*************

Use the freezer trick to get the wrist into the position you want it and then leave it there. Any rotating while warm will tear the wrist peg.

My mosquitor had gummy hands too--had to carefully twist them back and forth to get them to move without snapping. I'm guessing this is a safety thing sincehe has claw hands like Catra?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    My mosquitor had gummy hands too--had to carefully twist them back and forth to get them to move without snapping. I'm guessing this is a safety thing sincehe has claw hands like Catra?
    No its to make him pop!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    You know, I noticed my Mosquitor feels especially "cheap" too. And I think you're right, in that the plastic is getting softer on the figures. My Mosquitor hand is also loose, but I didn't think too much of it because I've been bursting blood vessels over all my Granamyr issues.

Hmmm....me thinks I'll keep my sub to get Ram Man next month, but I'm really thinking it's time to bail on this line. I was about to earlier this year, and then Scott announced Grayskull and Granamyr and made some more empty promises and I got back on the bandwagon. Granamyr has proven to me that I'd be a fool to trust them with $500 (I ordered 2 CGs).

*sigh* decisions, decisions.
    I totally understand you. I was very frustrated when we recognized Stinkor's reversed forarms and the black plastic issues. To relax, I buy cool LEGO sets from the 80's, which are still made of high quality materials. Always works

Any advice for attaching Procrustus' top right arm? I heat up the peg on the body, but it's so hard, and the body so soft, that it just pushes the body in, rather than popping into socket the way it's supposed to.

With Granamyr and Mosquitor issues that were surely known by Mattel, since they are so pervasive, I'm seriously considering reducing myself to a cherry picker. I'm so fed up with this line. I fully expect half or more of these figures to just fall apart on their own, given the proper (short) amount of time. I hate Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    From what I read in several threads, it seems like December 2012 was a total failure QC-wise ! Granamyr has issues, Procrustus too, and EVEN Mosquitor has problems with his gummy hands !? What the heck !?!?

I'm sorry, but with all those defective figures, I just don't see how the 2014 subs could "make it"...

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Any advice for attaching Procrustus' top right arm? I heat up the peg on the body, but it's so hard, and the body so soft, that it just pushes the body in, rather than popping into socket the way it's supposed to.
    Put the body in the freezer and in the meantime heat the arm with a hair dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    From what I read in several threads, it seems like December 2012 was a total failure QC-wise ! Granamyr has issues, Procrustus too, and EVEN Mosquitor has problems with his gummy hands !? What the heck !?!?

I'm sorry, but with all those defective figures, I just don't see how the 2014 subs could "make it"...
    I forgot to mention--my Pro figure's left MAIN arm was slightly detached from the body. When I tried to move his arm up and down I noticed a slight wobble. Luckily, he looks perfectly fine standing--but if you move his arm you def notice a problem (I usually dont have qc issues btw to report--so I think you may be right about this month being a bad one for qc---makes me concerned for Granamyr now too )

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Put the body in the freezer and in the meantime heat the arm with a hair dryer
    Thanks! That's a good idea, but I finally got it. The trick was to not heat the body, because the body is so soft, but instead heat the arm, and it went on pretty easily. The peg on the body is so hard that heating it doesn't really do anything anyway.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

I see how it can. Fans would rather have defective figures than no figures at all. If the fans want to finish up their character rosters, they'll sign up for the 2014 sub. We might see Mantenna, Modulok or Two Bad become the new "Ram Man". That will be the new carrot dangled in front of us for the 2014 sub.

Then, we haven't seen if 2013 has improvements. 2012 might have been a terrible year for QC, but there's a slight chance that 2013 might be better.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    2012 might have been a terrible year for QC, but there's a slight chance that 2013 might be better.
    Yup ! And pigs can fly !

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    2012 might have been a terrible year for QC, but there's a slight chance that 2013 might be better.
    I hope you're right--I dont usually have qc issues at all, but both my Pro and Mosquitor figures had some issues this month (havent even received Granny yet ) Not a good way to be going into 2013 at all

Heroic Warrior
    Wow...this is horrible to hear.

Had the right hand issue with my 'Skeeter, but I heated it up with a hair dryer, stuck him in the freezer for an hour, and now his hand turns fine. It does beg the question, why does it seem that there is always an issue when new parts are added to the mix?
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Thanks! That's a good idea, but I finally got it. The trick was to not heat the body, because the body is so soft, but instead heat the arm, and it went on pretty easily. The peg on the body is so hard that heating it doesn't really do anything anyway.
    Yep, had some trouble getting my Procrustus' right arm on too. I dropped the shoulder in a cup of hot water for a minute and then it popped on easily. I don't mind this kind of thing because we're all adults and I'd rather have tight joints than loose ones.

Add another Mosquitor to the defective list. Due to his gummy arms/hands the pin that connects the bicep to the arm is completly off. I'm going to try my best to see if I can fix it, but I do have to say that this is getting ridiculous. Everytime I get a figure now I'm scared that something may be wrong with it.

Here's hoping Rammy and Netossa fair out better. I'm already having nightmares about Granamyr.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I see how it can. Fans would rather have defective figures than no figures at all. If the fans want to finish up their character rosters, they'll sign up for the 2014 sub. We might see Mantenna, Modulok or Two Bad become the new "Ram Man". That will be the new carrot dangled in front of us for the 2014 sub.

Then, we haven't seen if 2013 has improvements. 2012 might have been a terrible year for QC, but there's a slight chance that 2013 might be better.
    Even if 2014 didn't get enough subscribers to continue at full force or regular monthly figures, I'd still be surprised if those particular figures aren't made. I don't fear for the A or B lister Masters original toyline figures. I think it is the Hydron, Angella, or Gwildor types that would be in danger.

I got Mosquitor in the mail. I can't really say much about the potential gooey hands since I'm mostly a MOC collector and don't plan to open him.

I was waiting for someone to post this. I'm sorry your figure broke.

When I received my first subscription Sir Lazer Lot a few months ago, his left hand twisted right off. It just snapped. I contacted customer service and they sent me a replacement without any hassle.

I noted in my post a page or two ago when I received my initial sub Mosquitor that is hands were extremely gummy. I literally rotated his right hand again 360 degrees as I typed this, and I'm still shocked his hand hasn't broken off for me.

I don't know what's up with the gummy plastic on this figure. Between all the ruined DB Skeletor's (black plastic spots everywhere) and poor Sir Lazer Lot's hand, this has easily been the worst QC year for me. Granted it was only those two major issues for me, but those are two issues that should not be happening at this price point.

Toyguru can spout Mattel Safety Standards (TM) all he wants, but I do think it's just a matter of Mattel being cheap.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; December 27, 2012 at 08:07pm.

I have a CG man with a wrist kind of like that. I suggest pushing the hand tight into the forearm before turning it the first time. I've had a few issues like this before (Grizzlor, TRU Hawkman).

REALLY SQUITOR"S HAND NOW? DAMN!!! You know...... &#%@^!@!&@*#*#*@(@
    Had to be on one of my favorite figures at that!

Another issue that slipped thru the cracks and reviews!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....