Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SUBSCRIPTION Mosquitor & Procrustus ARRIVAL Thread

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    My gummy hands taste like grape, how bout yalls? I noticed this immediately, I had to pretty much rotate the wrist a full 360 to get it to pose where I wanted it to because the plastic would twist so far past where I wanted it to sit.
    Soooo.... no reviewers cared to mention this huh? Guess they didn't want to say anything so they could keep getting free toys. Pretty shady considering a lot of people count on these reviews before making their purchase.

Procrustus and Mosquitor arrived for me yesterday.
    Bonus figure was Buzz Off.

So my 4 year old son now has a Buzz Off to play with (I am holding off on letting him play with other MOTU toys until he is older). He loves it though!

My bf said he thought Procrustus* looked like a buff Santa Claus and "fixed" him for me. You can see my bonus figure Stratos behind him.

*He originally pronounced his name as Perspectus to which I added the Heroic Master of Mutual Funds. We had a good laugh. He tries. Bless his heart.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    I wish I had mine. It sat in Kansas from the 21st until yesterday, now its in Missouri. It has taken 16 days and still isn't here.

finally got mine! 2 Skeetos and 2 Pie-crutus....and one of each broke. Not kidding. Right out of the package each one broke at the right arm swivel. amazing. glad I haven't shipped back my broken-legged Frosta yet. They can all ride together on their trip to Matty!
    Skeletor's newest rap single:

http://www.myspace.com/aaawsome

it's at the bottom, titled ”The Universe Shall Be Mine!“

I opened both skeeter and procrustus, no probs with either of them. I heated up Pros shoulders before attaching them. They want on perfectly, he is awesome, and skeets was perfect as well. No hand issues or anything. I also just opened my Vykron I got from the black friday deal... he is awesome... thought I would hate him, but the price point was ok enough to try him out. Mine showed up without any major flaws, minute black showing thru the shoulders, but man what a fun figure... put the orange backpack on Cy-Chop and he looks pretty rad. Now just hoping that Granamyr shows up without any major issues!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Any advice for attaching Procrustus' top right arm? I heat up the peg on the body, but it's so hard, and the body so soft, that it just pushes the body in, rather than popping into socket the way it's supposed to.

With Granamyr and Mosquitor issues that were surely known by Mattel, since they are so pervasive, I'm seriously considering reducing myself to a cherry picker. I'm so fed up with this line. I fully expect half or more of these figures to just fall apart on their own, given the proper (short) amount of time. I hate Mattel.
    heat up the shoulder of the arm u wanna attach... works perfectly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    REALLY SQUITOR"S HAND NOW? DAMN!!! You know...... &#%@^!@!&@*#*#*@(@
    Had to be on one of my favorite figures at that!

Another issue that slipped thru the cracks and reviews!!!
    Many times paint sticks in joints and when u twist, you don't break the paint u end up tearing the plastic. For all paint sticking issues use the freezer! The plastic will harden enough for you to turn the joint and break the sticky paint. Then you figure should move as it should without ever having an issue again... the key is, if you feel that a joint is sticking DO NOT FORCE IT, cryogenic freeze that bad boy fast, then retry the joint... I have had 100% success rate with that method. For other issues like Procrustus, use heat to soften the plastic to attach limbs... seem like Mattel makes us into weekend scientists!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Got my Procrustus yesterday.

While it would be nice to have ball-jointed shoulders, it's amazing how much the bicep swivel adds to the figure. Man, Tytus and Megator are really missing that extra articulaton. The arms work great. The figure was cold when I got it, so I took a hairdryer to the extra arms before putting them on.
    He could have used some different paint apps, ie: the blondish-coloured hair and beard he had in the minicomic. But even with the one colour, he still looks cool.

While he doesn't feel like the overpriced piece of junk that the other two giants are, he's still not worth $44 imo. But, a nice figure that looks great on the shelf.

FINALLY got my figures in NC, and wow, FINALLY a ROB ZOMBIE action figure!!!
    Procrustus and Rob Zombie-Separated at Birth.jpg
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    FINALLY got my figures in NC, and wow, FINALLY a ROB ZOMBIE action figure!!!
    Procrustus and Rob Zombie-Separated at Birth.jpg
    someone really needs to paint one up like that......actually, I think I will once I get my replacement.
    Skeletor's newest rap single:

http://www.myspace.com/aaawsome

it's at the bottom, titled ”The Universe Shall Be Mine!“

FINALLY got my figures too! I love them both. Two of the coolest figures we've gotten this year. I can't really say I understand all the talk about gummy Mosquitor hands. Mine seem softer than some hands, but work just fine. I wonder if they vary from figure to figure?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    My gummy hands taste like grape, how bout yalls? I noticed this immediately, I had to pretty much rotate the wrist a full 360 to get it to pose where I wanted it to because the plastic would twist so far past where I wanted it to sit.
    Soooo.... no reviewers cared to mention this huh? Guess they didn't want to say anything so they could keep getting free toys. Pretty shady considering a lot of people count on these reviews before making their purchase.
    PD definitely pointed them out.

And why are you tasting your figures?
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    FINALLY got my figures too! I love them both. Two of the coolest figures we've gotten this year. I can't really say I understand all the talk about gummy Mosquitor hands. Mine seem softer than some hands, but work just fine. I wonder if they vary from figure to figure?
    I was thinking the same thing....mine didn't seem different honestly. They turned easily and hold the gun perfectly. Maybe there was a bad batch?

Both figures are awesome, but yeah, I'm very afraid my Mosquitors right hand is gonna tear off.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Same here. They're not as gummy as Catra's left hand for sure, but they are definitely softer. They do "twist" a bit instead of cleanly rotating, but they don't seem to be in danger of tearing at all. The hand and the 'cuff' are one piece on this figure, so if you grip the 'cuff' of the wrist while you rotate, that mitigates the twisting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Yep, had some trouble getting my Procrustus' right arm on too. I dropped the shoulder in a cup of hot water for a minute and then it popped on easily. I don't mind this kind of thing because we're all adults and I'd rather have tight joints than loose ones.
    I used my heating pad, and after a few minutes they were soft as rubber bands, and popped-on extremely easily.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

We opened Procrustus tonight: super cool figure, but he kinda creeps my wife out. She lives his story though, and baby Hermione loves him. (The Star Seed is schooling hazard though, so that she doesn't get to play near.)

Happy New Year, by the way gang!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Um...I just need to say....I canNOT put Mosquitor down!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Gummy hands aside, I have to say these are a couple of my favorite figures so far. Mosquitor has been a long time favorite, possibly my most favorite from childhood. Procrustus exceeded all expectations, I don't even have the other giants displayed but I found space for Procrustus, the sculpting is just impeccable. Very happy with this months figures for sure. Or last months figures actually. Thank you Matty and Four Horsemen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I was thinking the same thing....mine didn't seem different honestly. They turned easily and hold the gun perfectly. Maybe there was a bad batch?
    Some Mosquitor's hands when you tried to twist them at the wrist seemed like they could tear (mine included). I gently twisted them back and forth (both wrists were an issue) and they finally turned, but I could see someone just thinking it was a normal wrist applying the normal pressure for a normal figure and EASILY popping off the hand Btw, my figures sat outside most of the day when the high was the low 40s, so if anything the wrists were probably not as gummy as they could have been in warmer weather
    Last edited by He-Kal; January 1, 2013 at 01:31pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Mosquitor today. It's a very cool figure ! But I must say the rubbery hands / wrist articulations SUCK ! I sure hope this is a one-time flaw, otherwise I might have to pass on more figures... or stop collecting altogether.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    My guys finally arrived today - though according to tracking they're still in Fisher, Indiana, so go figure. They look great - I think I still would have preferred the blood tanks for Mosquitor in lieu of the extra legs, but he's still very cool. I do think I'll be giving him Rattlor's armband. His wrists are gummy, but they do have full range of motion - just need to be careful.

I can't believe I actually own a Procrustus figure! The extra arms were a royal pain in the neck to get in place, though.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

...And there goes Mosquitors hand. ****

My DC Stratos has one soft hand and one hard hand. I had removed them a couple of times and realized how soft the one actually was. I just suck him in the freezer and moved them around while pushing the peg as far in as possible. I Hope this trick helps with Mosquitor as well.

Mine arrived the other night and I gotta say...I love Procrustus!

Mosquitor...goes like this.
    When he was revealed, I was a little disappointed. No "liquid" in his chest really took something away from him.
    I know that the vintage head looked cartoony, but the big white eyes make him look silly. It worked more on the vintage figure than it does on the "more realistic" Classics line.

Then...he arrived...
    The liquid missing in the chest really didn't matter to me because it does look like blood.
    In hand, the figure is much better, but still not one of my favorites and I still feel that it's missing "something."

He only comes with one accessory.
    The "insect legs" on his back seem like a misstep. Add the blood tanks or even wings and it would've fit better. Mosquitos aren't known for their legs...they're known for sucking blood and "expanding" as they get full. They're also known for bugging the crap out of you as they buzz in your ear. Wings or tanks would've worked much better. The little insect legs actually seem out of place. I'm tempted to pick up another Buzz-Off and switch out the legs for wings.

I got my figures about a week ago but I hadn't posted yet because I just now finally got around to opening Procrustus.

Mosquitor - Mine is in excellent shape minus the gummy hands. As best I can tell, it appears that his entire arms are made of that soft plastic but it hurts the wrist joints the most. I even tried heating up the hands to pop them off and then reattach them, hoping that maybe part of the problem was caused by paint sticking. No luck. Everything else is super tight. I may decide to glue the hands in place. If I can't turn the hands anyway, I'd rather not even have to worry about them snapping off. All things considered, I'm far less bothered by the hands then I am by all the figures I have with ankles so loose that they can't even stand.

Procrustus - This is a figure I could have lived without. I was actually a little upset to have to pay for this guy. (Even more so when I saw Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager scale Optimus Prime and Bulkhead at Toys R Us and I realized I couldn't afford to buy them.) I was going to keep him sealed and try to resell him but after hearing that some people had problems with theirs, I figured that I'd better open him and make sure he's in good shape. Like others, I used a hair dryer to heat up the extra arms to pop them on. As far as I can tell, there are no problems with any of the joints and the paint looks great. I was so displeased with the quality of Tytus that I didn't even buy Megator. But Procrustus turned out pretty well. I only wish Tytus was in as good shape. The sculpt is great and I have to admit that he is a good looking figure. I think I'll sell him if I can get full value for him but I wouldn't get rid of him for less just for the sake of it. Sometimes getting a figure like this, which I didn't want, in good shape just annoys me all the more when I think about all the figures I did want that turned out to be crap.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal