Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SUBSCRIPTION Mosquitor & Procrustus ARRIVAL Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Procrustus is an amazing figure!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my DOS Procrustus/Mosquitor in today as well as a supplementary Procrustus I order a week or two later. Strange. But everything was great with no QC problems.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mosquitor and Procrustus showed up today and they are amazing. I really like Mosquitor and Procrutus fits right in with the beasts and other giants. Very nice .....

never receive the package , matty lost it ... ask me for weeks to wait for them to decide if they can send me another package or not ... i eventaully ask for a refund ... i will have the refund in one week ... but i will never have the free figure for the frosta msitake ... i had to bought procrustus and mosquitor on ebay ... well , i 'm not sure if the sub is really a good option ... matty sucks big time .... anyway can't wait to receive my figures at last !!

I love Procrustus, but got a QC problem.

His bellybutton is bent upwards so the front part of the torso is not directly positioned ontop of his belt and the parts do not match as with tytus or Megator, but the belly rather sticks out with the ventral rim protruding like the inside part comes out.

Anyone else having this problem?Will try to take a picture later!

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Court Magician
    I got my procrustus last week - and so he allready had he whole weekend to check out the top of my CD shelf (where my Baby Son cant reach him....). I really like the figure. I hope in maybe future weaponspack there are some large scale Weapons for him to hold. At least to of his hands could hold some "mystic weapons stuff" quite well...

what do you all think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    ...And there goes Mosquitors hand. ****
    I have a feeling many others will be posting this when they too realize that when they were turning the hand, it was actually tearing the plastic and not turning the joint inside the forearm. The joint is so sticky and firm, it will hold the wrist peg in place until it completely tears. I rescind my previous post about being able to fix this with the "freezer trick." As soon as it warms up again, it sticks again.

I even tried a little grape seed oil in the wrist socket to make it work but the fact that both the forearm and wrist are made of such soft sticky plastic, nothing will allow them to rotate.

I bought a second Mosquitor on sale day and it has the same problem.

I appreciate the designer trying to make it easier for Mosquitor to hold a weapon (many of my older MOTUC figures require me to warm their hands) but this is Toy Design 101: "Don't use soft sticky plastic on a rotational articulation point." This is yet another design blunder on the part of the manufacturer that should have been caught in preproduction.

My conclusion; use the freezer trick to get the wrist into the position you want it and then leave it there. Any rotating while warm will tear the wrist peg.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got my pile of loot last week with Crusty and Skeeter.

Crusty: A character I had to look up because I didn't recall him off the top of my head, but a figure I'm glad they made. The arms on the back are a little awkward, but that is the position they are supposed to be in, so he's accurate. He looks great mixed in with the regular figures, and the Star Seed looks really good when it catches the light, almost glowing. No problems with assembly or anything else, so this one turned out fine.

Skeeter: He looks a LOT better in hand than some of the pictures I saw on the web. THe proportions are good (the chest isn't as bulky as it seemed in the aforementioned pics), and the extra insect arms are attached in areally good place and a good way to give you some really usable articulation that looks natural for the figure. The stylized head definitely looks like a helmet rather than his actual head; I know some folks felt he didn't fit with the other MOTUC figures because of the odd head, but seeing it as obviously a helmet majorly dulls the impact of the stylization. Skeeter's never been a big favorite of mine, but I'm still very pleased with this figure. Just a really good job overall (with no messing him up to make him "pop").
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Got mine today. Procrustus had busted free from his plastic ties in box. Only held in my his arms. He's a solid boy.

Just not that excited about Mosquitor. Never thought he was overly exciting growing up. Much more of a fan of his staction version. Will be ditching him in the back of my Horde setup.

Not sure what to do with Mer-Man. Maybe display him with classic head, but don't know where.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    A totally unplanned cool thing with Crusty: I put him in the place I had set aside for him, and realized afterward that, the way I had his hand, when you walk into the room the backlighting shines through the Star Seed, making it glow. Not something I deliberately set up, but if you can get it so the orb catches the light, it really looks amazing.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Procrustus is amazing and in perfect condition. A wonderful addition to my collection.

Of my two Mosquitor subs, one does not have the black eye slit painted on the left hand eye - lucky I saw this when I gave the packs the once over trying to choose which to open. One-eye is definitely staying in his box as a spare.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

BTW I've been meaning to post pics of my modified Mosquitor,
    it's still not finished, but here it is so far!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!