Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NON-SUB Fan Choice figure in 2014?

NON-SUB Fan Choice figure in 2014?

I was just thinking about the fan choice figure vote for 2013. First off, I am VERY happy we are getting Geldor. He is one character I have wanted since I was a kid. But I will say, I was slightly confused that half of the choices were redecos/variants of characters, especially since this was going to be a monthly sub slot.

And this got me thinking...what if they had ANOTHER Fan Choice Figure vote for 2014, but this time it would be a NON-SUB sku? That way, it wouldn't matter if it was a variant or not. Plus, it gives us yet another opportunity to get an obscure figure, now that the focus is on Vintage/Core Requests.

So, if YOU got to pick the 8 characters that would make up the next Fan Choice Vote, who would you choose? Mine would be...

1. King Hsss' Slave Girl (Mini-Comic: King of the Snake Men)
    2. Crimson Fury (UK PoP Comic)
    3. Aquarus (MVCreations)
    4. Skelcon (Ladybird Books)
    5. Drissi (NA He-Man: Jetlag)
    6. Red Beast (concept)
    7. Melog (Filmation)
    8. Tribal Warrior (MOTU Magazine #15 p4)

Songster
    Red Demon
    Green Demon
    Zombie Anyone
    Despera
    Teela 2.0
    Lodar
    Lt. Andra

I'm so lost on who to pick. All the old rules still apply, right? (i.e. Can't be more than 50% new tooling, etc.)

If we're going into the All-Star Years, I'd rather not waste a slot with a super-obscure character (although I like the idea of another fan vote).

Perhaps characters who Mattel consider borderline could be included in the vote? I wouldn't want to drop any names though...and I fear that the losers wouldn't ever be made if the line were to be discontinued...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My focus isn't so much making new characters, but more like Mattel addressing unfinished business from the years of collecting this line. I'd leave new characters to the subscription figures. These are more like optional purchases.

Oo-Larr (Mini-Comic: He-Man and the Powersword)
    Plenty of fans want the first appearance of He-Man, but there are plenty who wouldn't, so he's perfect for a non-sub figure! Comes with flint spear and most importantly, an Alcala He-Man head!

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (MYP)
    Fans felt robbed over Battleground Evil-Lyn reusing Teela's outfit instead of her getting her MYP costume? Mattel can give us the figure with the correct outfit AND get her Snow Cloak and hooded alternate head, making the ultimate 200X Evil-Lyn.

Illumina (MVCreations)
    Mattel give Illumina yet another chance. This time, she has more of a tooling budget and the added attraction of if she wins the vote, Sleetah is automatically added as an optional non-sub Panthor repaint for the following year!

Blue Hordak and IMP (Filmation)
    Filmation Hordak with new chest armor, new head and alternate Kronis/Trap Jaw Hurricane Hordak arm cannon. Imp mini-figure included! Filmation Hordak is perhaps the number#1 requested Filmation variant on the boards.

Teela 2.0 (Filmation with waist twist and alternate blonde hair up Alcala Teela head)
    Fans need a red-haired Teela in their collection. Filmation Teela with an alternate that blonde ponytailed Teela head that some fans were asking for from the beginning would address this problem and kill two birds with one stone.

Preternia King Hsss (MYP version with Earl Norem snakes and alternate maskless craggy Bruce Timm head)
    Kill three birds with one stone! You make the MYP fans happy with a 200X version, you give fans a better snake form AND you cater to mini-comic fans all at the same time! The Bruce Timm head and Earl Norem snakes could have fans buying more King Hsss' from Matty Essentials.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    -Green Demon
    -Red Demon
    -Green Trap Jaw
    -White Stratos
    w/light brown hair detail (not to leave him all fleshy)
    -Delora (mini-comic) Pink dress. Not Hawke-like. Avionian Delore/Hawke should get her own monthly figure slot. Mini-comic Delora may seem boring to some, but she would make a great anything. Rebel, slave girl, farmer's daughter, etc.
    -Prince Dakon (seems equitable)
    -Queen Andreeno
    -Zeelar

I purposely left Illuminara out being she should just get her own slot already. And I just got a great idea while writing this. I was against troop-builders being in single packs, outside the sub and especially as "special edition" figures (SDCC, Travcons, etc.) But some troops that I'd love to see probably won't be making it to 2pk status. So making a single pack, outside the sub would work great. That way, cherry pickers that might decide against won't matter and collectors like me would clear them out by buying multiple. All as long as they're not con exclusives. If it was put to a vote, it's easily guessed who'd win (one of Skelly's troops), but still...

-Andreenid
    -Avionian
    -Quadian
    -Kaligarian
    -Spelean
    -Aqautian (Mer-person. What are they called officially? Anyway- they should go with a Filmation design)
    -Skelecon
    -Hover Bot
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; January 6, 2013 at 08:55am.

Personally, they should just do the #2 and #3 figures from the previous poll And do a new poll with new choices.
    I second MegaGearMax's choices for "variants" while Adding WMD Roboto and an Upgraded Goddess... (No exploding Crotch and maybe something to make her different enough from Teela)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I was under the impression that the November sub figure was going to be the fan voted on figure.

Mini-comics
    Garn
    Lodar
    Prince Dakon
    Rana

Filmation
    Lohni

MYP
    Horde Wraith

Fuerza-T
    Titano
    Platino
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I was under the impression that the November sub figure was going to be the fan voted on figure.
    It is, Geldor won for the 2013 subscription. This is a hypothetical thread for a "fan choice figure" in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My focus isn't so much making new characters, but more like Mattel addressing unfinished business from the years of collecting this line. I'd leave new characters to the subscription figures. These are more like optional purchases.

Plenty of fans want the first appearance of He-Man, but there are plenty who wouldn't, so he's perfect for a non-sub figure! Comes with flint spear and most importantly, an Alcala He-Man head!

Fans felt robbed over Battleground Evil-Lyn reusing Teela's outfit instead of her getting her MYP costume? Mattel can give us the figure with the correct outfit AND get her Snow Cloak and hooded alternate head, making the ultimate 200X Evil-Lyn.

Illumina (MVCreations)
    Mattel give Illumina yet another chance. This time, she has more of a tooling budget and the added attraction of if she wins the vote, Sleetah is automatically added as an optional non-sub Panthor repaint for the following year!

Filmation Hordak with new chest armor, new head and alternate Kronis/Trap Jaw Hurricane Hordak arm cannon. Imp mini-figure included! Filmation Hordak is perhaps the number#1 requested Filmation variant on the boards.

Teela 2.0 (Filmation with waist twist and alternate blonde hair up Alcala Teela head)
    Fans need a red-haired Teela in their collection. Filmation Teela with an alternate that blonde ponytailed Teela head that some fans were asking for from the beginning would address this problem and kill two birds with one stone.

Preternia King Hsss (MYP version with Earl Norem snakes and alternate maskless craggy Bruce Timm head)
    Kill three birds with one stone! You make the MYP fans happy with a 200X version, you give fans a better snake form AND you cater to mini-comic fans all at the same time! The Bruce Timm head and Earl Norem snakes could have fans buying more King Hsss' from Matty Essentials.
    This list is perfect.

King Tamusk, you should change your little by-line title thingie to "Heroic Master of Poll Threads".

I don't really have any grand unique thoughts for this thread. Everyone already hit the main ones I'd want. I guess I'll do a top 5 of the ones mentioned:
    Masks of Power gremlins
    Oo-Lar
    Illumina
    Lodar

How about a repaint of She-Ra in Faker colors? Call her Fake-Her and package her with Imp. Maybe put her in a version of Catra's outfit instead of her own to make her more Hordey. I know this ain't a create a character thread, but it's hardly a character.

My list is based on the fact that all the previous candidates from the previous year's vote already had their chance, and lost...

1) Classic Toy Costume Catra
    2) Crystoll
    3) Ice Armor He-Man
    4) Wind Raider Pilot
    5) Alcala Mini-Comic Stratos
    6) Plundor The Spoiler
    7) Despera
    8) The Great Black Wizard

1) Classic Toy Costume / Battleground / Barbarian Catra
    2) Songster
    3) Crystoll
    4) Drissi
    5) Melog
    6) Crimson Fury
    7) Illumina
    8) Hawke
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Barbarian Catra has a very nice ring to it...

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I would like skelcons or those horse ridding skeletons someone posted last year
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I want my EVILSEED!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Illumina (MVCreations)

All awesome suggestions MGM! I'd love to have all of those you mentioned!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Lodar
    Oo-Larr
    Masks of Power demons
    Fire Lord guy from Filmation

Cool idea

Mine would be

The Crimson Fury
    Despara
    Ceril/Oo-Larr (both are characters who just wear a pair of fury pants, so throw in both heads, sell extra!)
    Damon
    Aquarus
    Illumina
    Mother Tortudo
    Prince Randor (in blue Royal Guard outfit)

Can you tell I like comics?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Nepthu would've fit in perfectly with this sort of idea.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Let's not be delusional here, please : a non-sub fan choice figure in 2014 is just complete utopia ! We're not even sure that we'll get one regular figure per month, so I don't think there's the slightest chance for a fan choice figure...

IF it had to happen though (but it's an enormous "if"), I'd like for that 2014 fan choice figure to be Illumina.

I think if it was to be a non-sub item, the figures to choose from would have to be heavily demanded, by hardcore MOTU fan and casual MOTUC collector alike. Mattel want to know they can sell out of these figures so they wouldn't want to gamble on Leo-Faker or Consul Ari or Snowflake pegwarming because of a lack of locked in subscription sales.

If it was a non-sub fan choice, I'd think Mattel would have to choose figures of the like:

- 200x King Hsss (as Duke said, with new Norem snake torso and Timm mask(less) head)
    - blue Hordak
    - Veena
    - Karg
    - Evil Seed
    - filmation Marzo

If the poll was in subscription, I'd like to see the likes of:

- Starchild
    - mini-comic accurate green Trap Jaw
    - Kamo Khan
    - Prince Dakon
    - Leo-Faker
    - Ceratus
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

My choices:

1) Delora (Minicomics)
    2) Aquarus (Good idea, KT! I forgot how much I like him.)
    3) King Hssss' Slave Girl
    4) Alcala Stratos (make him a different character-a villain!)
    5) Drissi (I have a big ol' crush on her.)
    6) Plundor the Spoiler
    7) Stingrad
    8) Catra (Vintage Toy)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!