Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrustus & Granamyr delayed

I'm a cherry picker and I got that mail as well... I think that they'e sending it to everybody
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

always tough to complain about anything when dark days like this happen. but this is how I cope with dark days. grab on to the one thing I can be mad about or passionate about in any way to take my mind away from it.
    might just be me though.

On topic I am glad I am not a subscriber for next year. If something is delayed then meh. pick what I want and move on unless it is awesome
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I can't remember but was there one month a few years ago where there was supposed to be 2 figures but only one was ready so they mailed out the first figure and then the second figure later, charging them shipping twice? This time they're delaying the order. Which is pretty wise on their part as I would certainly take my Mosquitor and cancel the Procrustus.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    We all know this isn't a first, and it's probably due to logistics / Chinese factories etc. this is Xmas and a lot of stuff is delayed.
    The JEM wave 1 from Integrity toys was supposed to arrive in mid november and now it'll barely arrive before Xmas.

Let's not try to think too much of it! And as Toyguru warned us, this kind of delay has happened before and it will happen again because that is the nature of the beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Well, it is the last shipment of the year. Remember, TG said there should not be any delays in 2013! Santa is going to leave Matty a lump of coal for being a naughty little boy and lying, consistently, to all the good boys and girls who pay for his products.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it is the last shipment of the year. Remember, TG said there should not be any delays in 2013! Santa is going to leave Matty a lump of coal for being a naughty little boy and lying, consistently, to all the good boys and girls who pay for his products.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I just got an email, we will be receiving January's figures 1 to 3 weeks early.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    so.. does that mean that ppl starting out in the 2013 sub will be billed for january's figures in december now??

Hope someone can clarify...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Yeah I'm annoyed that the shipment is delayed and I won't receive my figures for maybe 3 weeks but I am beyond PEEVED that now my son will only have printed receipts and an email to open on Christmas morning instead of his figures that he is really excited for.
    While I understand your frustration since you were giving these as Christmas gifts to your kid, let's be realistic here. Even if there was no delay and all of the items were to be in stock ready to go for the sale on Monday, considering that digital river's processing isn't always "lightening fast", and the shipping itself, depending on which options you pick, can take some time as well, you were already hedging your bets in hoping that these items would arrive within exactly one week on or before Christmas Eve, which is the following Monday.

Honestly if I had a kid and if I were going to give him MOTUC items for Christmas, I would play it safe and plan on anything gift-related to be something that is ordered no later than November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    so.. does that mean that ppl starting out in the 2013 sub will be billed for january's figures in december now??

Hope someone can clarify...
    I hope Master English was just joking. I actually already adjusted my credit card billing cycle once when Matty started shipping the subscriber's orders early, because it kept landing in sort of a gray area where depending on when exactly things charge (since it varies when the 15th lands on a weekend or when Matty is a big quicker on processing one month than on another), I would have two month's worth of order land on one billing cycle with none on the next.

Now if they are going to start doing stuff like this, it will annoy me. Granted my situation isn't as tight on some others where being charged early is make or break for me, but it's annoying none the less from an overall budgeting standpoint.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

So it's safe to assume that CG will be delayed too if they plan to release it in December?

I don't understand how they don't know this until 3 days before the sale! With Toyguru recently saying they all 2012 items have to ship in 2012 and we can't delay something etc. It appears that for Mattel/TG the year only matters to them, they still get their books 'closed' by the end of the year but who cares when the customer gets the product.

To think that when the sub drive was on TG brushed off all the DR/matty issues as being a reason why people are no longer subbing and focused on the $5 increase as the reason. Really hope that this year when the sub drive is need and the Gooble crew interview him about they don't let him off with a it's getting better like this year.

J

Heroic Warrior
    How about another bonus figure for the delay?

Any idea how the billing for the early January items will work out guys? This is my first year getting a sub.. so I wasn't prepared to pay for [two months of figures this December] up front... especially with Christmas too...

Will we still be billed in January or will they bill us in December now for the January items?

I hope we wont be billed till January.. or sadly I will have to cancel my card an go back to day of again...

Honestly, this isn't a big deal to me. This is such a busy time of year that the excitement of getting a new figure will get lost in the all of the hoopla. Its fine if it comes in early January - it will give me something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, this isn't a big deal to me. This is such a busy time of year that the excitement of getting a new figure will get lost in the all of the hoopla. Its fine if it comes in early January - it will give me something to look forward to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Any idea how the billing for the early January items will work out guys? This is my first year getting a sub.. so I wasn't prepared to pay for [two months of figures this December] up front... especially with Christmas too...

Will we still be billed in January or will they bill us in December now for the January items?

I hope we wont be billed till January.. or sadly I will have to cancel my card an go back to day of again...
    We shouldn't get billed until Jan 10th or so....I think. You get billed in the same month the figures are in, and you only get billed when they ship, so nothing should be billed until the 10th or so.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I hope Master English was just joking.
    He's been on a roll lately.

1-3 weeks early? Matty? Funny!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

while the delay doesn't personally bother me greatly, I wonder why don't they just move the production of these toys to the USA. We need jobs here and we wouldn't be affected by the Chinese new year or whatever they keep claiming lol. I'm sure it's cheaper there but we'd save a ton on shipping, can it really be that much cheaper? Plus not to mention that the figs would probably be assembled correctly since they wouldn't be assembled by children any longer lol....

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imonmywayup View Post
    while the delay doesn't personally bother me greatly, I wonder why don't they just move the production of these toys to the USA. We need jobs here and we wouldn't be affected by the Chinese new year or whatever they keep claiming lol. I'm sure it's cheaper there but we'd save a ton on shipping, can it really be that much cheaper? Plus not to mention that the figs would probably be assembled correctly since they wouldn't be assembled by children any longer lol....
    American workers would at least get minimum wage, which is WAY more than what Chinese workers get. It's a big difference. Mattel also has their factories in China, so I don't see a change coming anytime soon.

And you assume Americans would have no problems getting paid 1 cent an hour?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh you have got to be ****ing kidding me. They cannot fix my shipping address but they can still delay my figures?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    We shouldn't get billed until Jan 10th or so....I think. You get billed in the same month the figures are in, and you only get billed when they ship, so nothing should be billed until the 10th or so.
    I [SERIOUSLY] pray that your right Shadow... I was so super excited to finally be here to get a sub finally to get out of the secondary market buying... now this has me worried.

lol... welcome to use of Digital River I guess... [sigh]... lol
    Last edited by Replikor; December 14, 2012 at 07:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    And you assume Americans would have no problems getting paid 1 cent an hour?
    There are many big name American factories that still churn out product, and cost less or at least the same when compared to similar non American made items, and still pay more than minimum wage....that beg to differ with that.

But I forgot the likes of Harley, Kitchen Aid, Weber, Oreck, Pyrex, Intel, Countless Injection molding companies that use the same plastics as toys do....No one has ever watched "Made In America" with John Ratzenberger....all the factories he tours....and I have worked in, look like they have plenty of employees that make more than $.01 an hour....I made $8 back in '97 working for a bucket plant....when I started. I recently heard a buddy of mine who's son started there that makes $10 now, more than minimum wage....to make buckets....mind you.

Home Depot sells buckets for the same price as 10 years ago....$3....and most of the time you get buckets for free when you use the product in the buckets....I also worked for a factory that makes after market mirrors and housings for Trucks and other vehicle applications....a lot of plastic extrusion there....I made $9 as a temp....their workers made $12+....

I worked in American made factories, and I know how much they get paid, making toys is no different than making mirrors and buckets, molds are molds, and assembly, printing & painting are the same as well....thing is, more that's made, the cheaper it is to make it, therefore if they made 5 buckets a month, the Home Depot buckets would cost $50 a piece, fact that one machine turns out 10 palettes a shift of 250, that's 2500 buckets times like 15 machines...that's like 37,500 or more buckets and lids in a shift.....likely similar to toy runs, factor in assembly of handles and gaskets and any kind of Temp plugs....that's the equivalent to an assembled figure....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 14, 2012 at 08:01pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Chinese people need jobs too. Also there's no reason to think QA would be any different with American workers VS Chinese. People are people.

(I'll assume the children thing is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously...)
    Last edited by Wulff; December 14, 2012 at 07:57pm.

I love this line, and I generally enjoy this community although I'm much more of a lurker than anything. But it's the reactions to things like these that make me laugh a little bit and I just want to ask, is it really that big of a deal? Same with the panic related to the TOD Sorceress. First World problems I guess.

Meh…not a huge deal to me. It's all just for me anyway…I'll get them when they come.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    How about another bonus figure for the delay?
    Mighty Spector's all round!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Don't make jokes like this, unless you're SCB that is.... Even making a joke like this can cause some fans to go off the deep end!
    Spreading false or misinformation is really messed up. Seriously guys, come on.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella