Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Procrustus & Granamyr delayed

Thought mine had shipped, but looking back it was the billing e-mail

Oh well, delays happen, something to look forward to in the new year
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Got my shipping notice yesterday morning but looking at tracking it just says info was received. I hope its here in time for Christmas so my boy has some figures to open.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

My sub has shipped out yesterday.

Heroic Warrior
    Good news for me, mine shipped already. Bad news, I probably got merman as a bonus figure. I've seen two people who already received shipment and they both have merman. I don't need merman, I already have two.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I got my shipping notice yesterday, Looks like no delay for my Procrustus. woo-hoo!
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here is some new information...

Tomorrows sale question

For tomorrows sale should I order all three as single orders or the two big guys together and mosquitor separate for faster shipping ? Thanks in advance.

Because Procrustus and Granamyr are running a week or two behind, for fastest deliver, order anything else without them separate to avoid waiting for your "full order" to arrive before shipping. And yes, Granamyr will be about a week later than Procrustus so for the truly fastest shipment all three would be separate.

But if you can wait a few weeks, everything will be here and you'll have all the new figs before you know it. Ideally everything will ship before Dec 31, but the full quota of P and G will not be here by the 17th in time for the sale.

As P & G come in they will be sent out in the order customers purchased with all sub orders being filled first for P before Day of (although when you receive is based on many factors such as where you live and what shipping method you use).
    I received my shipping notice yesterday morning.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Widget
    Mattel seems to be trying really hard to kill the line: numerous QC issues, raising prices, delays.. The list just goes on and on... And they wonder why subscriptions continue to plummet.. Well my shipment went out.. Thankfully and ive already received it... no Procrustus..But I did get my mosquitoes and my thank you figure..another Merman "yah" someone mentioned earlier that Castle Greyskull would be delayed too.. And sadly I would have to agree its inevitable.. Well Thank you Matty for screwing my Christmas.. Procrustus and Grandamyr were my only Christmas gift to someone else... I Guess an IOU under the tree is just as good...

No shipping notice here. I guess DR is doing there usual method of drawing names out of a hat to see what ships.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor View Post
    Mattel seems to be trying really hard to kill the line: numerous QC issues, raising prices, delays.. The list just goes on and on... And they wonder why subscriptions continue to plummet.. Well my shipment went out.. Thankfully and ive already received it... no Procrustus..But I did get my mosquitoes and my thank you figure..another Merman "yah" someone mentioned earlier that Castle Greyskull would be delayed too.. And sadly I would have to agree its inevitable.. Well Thank you Matty for screwing my Christmas.. Procrustus and Grandamyr were my only Christmas gift to someone else... I Guess an IOU under the tree is just as good...
    How did you receive it and had your Christmas ruined?

Getting the December figs for Christmas always seems like a crapshoot! Oh well, you get them a week later... more stuff to open then. Granamyr was gonna be my big gift this year.. so it will be delayed, worse things in the world have happened!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Received the shipping notice for one sub Wednesday, and got the notice for the other sub yesterday. Yeah, Matty didn't combine my subs. Shock.

As for Granamyr, I don't care when he gets here, as long as he arrives without any QC surprises.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    I love this line, and I generally enjoy this community although I'm much more of a lurker than anything. But it's the reactions to things like these that make me laugh a little bit and I just want to ask, is it really that big of a deal? Same with the panic related to the TOD Sorceress. First World problems I guess.
    Funny you ask this. I guess it is all in pride. At least for me it is. I take pride in my work. I show up for my shift at least 5-10 minutes early every day to ensure I am prepared to do my job. The woman who sits next to me runs in and logs into her computer 2-3 minutes late every day. Is it that big of a deal? Obviously not at my company, she still has a job after almost 5 years of this practice. As I said, it is a matter of pride. Now Matty should have their product prepared, shipped and arriving in plenty of time to ship out on time, every month. As a matter of pride. As an individual, that matters to me. To a corporation, especially Matty from what we've seen, pride is nothing. Profit is their motivator, so they are not concerned with such little things as delays. Now if you don't have their money ready for them on time...that's a different story. You lose your sub and have to fight to get it back. Funny how perspective changes. And don't say 1st world concerns. Most of us on this board live in a 1st world country, or at least have a 1st world income level, or we wouldn't be buying these toys. I come here to get away from 1st world concerns, so please save that for another discussion and or thread. Thank you and sorry for the rant.

I for one am hoping to get my figures delayed. My wallets hurtin this month and I'll need a week to catch up lol. Wheres my email?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

This delay has put me off from buying Granamyr. I think the money will go to DC figures this month.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here is some new information...
    I'm glad for the info. A real shame Procrustus is delayed, though. I was going to cheap ship him, but if he's delayed than it'll take even longer...if it's anything like the Demo-Man delay people had, I probably wouldn't get the thing until February. I'm day-of-sale, so it'll likely be delayed.
    And yes, shipping everything separately would stop other items from being delayed, but it's already a crazy-expensive month. Granamyr alone is more expensive than the standard figure and the giant combined! How about getting things out on time, and stop delaying everything until December, the worst possible month of the year for any of this.

The Wind Raider was December, was half the price and double the iconic status of Granamyr, but was a failure. How will Granamyr do in December at double the price, and with the delay?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Because Procrustus and Granamyr are running a week or two behind, for fastest deliver, order anything else without them separate to avoid waiting for your "full order" to arrive before shipping. And yes, Granamyr will be about a week later than Procrustus so for the truly fastest shipment all three would be separate.).

I think they forgot to finish this paragraph with:

So please, create 3 separate orders so we can make more money off of shipping from you.

Gotta love how they won't ship out anything for subscribers until everything is there instead of doing a cutesy of shipping what they have now and shipping the rest later. God, why did I resubscribe for next year? I should have just passed and bought everything from the secondary market in quarterly spurts.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this line, and I generally enjoy this community although I'm much more of a lurker than anything. But it's the reactions to things like these that make me laugh a little bit and I just want to ask, is it really that big of a deal? Same with the panic related to the TOD Sorceress. First World problems I guess.
    It's called professionalism. Mattel is a business and I bet their employees are required to dress a certain way. To talk a certain way. To act a certain way in public and behind their closed doors. Mattel should show their customers the same professionalism they force their employees to show them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    This is all very irratating. Last years lessons have apparently not translated into this years adjustments. Fortunately my Mosquitor and Procrustus are shipped already but once again people will be waiting and waiting like I did last year for Demo Man. I'm really concerned about Granamyr being shipped on time as I was hoping to have him by Christmas. I'd bet a boxed Castle Grayskull this happens next year with the castle too and we don't get that until 2014.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Yeah, while I might change my mind tomorrow morning, I think I am going to hold off on Granamyr and take my chances with the secondary market next month. I'll just wait until I get paid on Dec 31st. Of course, maybe I'll luck out and he will still be available. But then again, knowing Matty, they will stop selling him after a week to make it look like he sold out.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

@ orbles and Dr Kain - I totally get what you're saying about pride and professionalism and the perceived lack there of on the part of Matty. I get being frustrated. Evey fan has the right to get upset about whatever it is that bugs you and to voice your complaints. But some fans throw all pride out the window and come on here figuratively yelling and crying like spoiled children. That's the part I don't get. It's just toys after all, can't we live with a late delivery now and then? Just my point of view, not trying to insitgate anyone.

"First World problems"

I have bills, and problems, but not while I'm here, while I'm here, this is what's important to me....I collect toys, I can't afford cars, or I'd
    have a garage full of pre '73 Muscle Cars....and car collectors are allowed to be serious about their toys, I can be about mine. I just don't
    have to worry about mine leaking on the garage floor. No one is to say what others use their effort to be upset about....taking time to post
    about others complaining on a toy forum, is not a very good argument in itself.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 16, 2012 at 08:23pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I got a shipping notice for Mosquitor and Procrustus, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

@ orbles and Dr Kain - I totally get what you're saying about pride and professionalism and the perceived lack there of on the part of Matty. I get being frustrated. Evey fan has the right to get upset about whatever it is that bugs you and to voice your complaints. But some fans throw all pride out the window and come on here figuratively yelling and crying like spoiled children. That's the part I don't get. It's just toys after all, can't we live with a late delivery now and then? Just my point of view, not trying to insitgate anyone.
    The problem is, it isn't just a late delivery every now and then. This is something that has happened repeatedly throughout the entire year. Demo-Man was late. Sorceress was late. Thunder Punch He-Man was late. Jay Garrick was late. Frosta was late. The Snake-Men were late. And now Procrustus and Granamyr are late. Who is to say Ram-Man and Netossa will not be late? Jitsu? Phantom Stranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The problem is, it isn't just a late delivery every now and then. This is something that has happened repeatedly throughout the entire year. Demo-Man was late. Sorceress was late. Thunder Punch He-Man was late. Jay Garrick was late. Frosta was late. The Snake-Men were late. And now Procrustus and Granamyr are late. Who is to say Ram-Man and Netossa will not be late? Jitsu? Phantom Stranger?
    Let's hope that isn't so, I think we'll be fine since the reviewers all got their 2013 figures already.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    "But if you can wait a few weeks, everything will be here and you'll have all the new figs before you know it. Ideally everything will ship before Dec 31, but the full quota of P and G will not be here by the 17th in time for the sale."

So just how many Granamyr's will ship on time I wonder... hopefully the people ordering him don't exceed the actual quota that Mattel is expecting..... that could cause a ruckus.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just checked, mine was shipped on the 13th!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~