Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2012)

greatrebellion.org

DO4M asks: While we can't get variants because of the new MOTUC wrap-up roadmap, is it possible to "sneak in" things like an unmasked John Spector Head, or a Sir-Laser Lot head without his helmet (as seen in the DC SLL Story) with other MOTUC Figures Like it was done with Demo-Man and will be done with Strobo?

Matty:It is always possible but nothing to announce right now.

jason.lee.718: If we happen to get Perfuma in the line will her skirt be made in a artificial flower type material since she is the plant person. Also could she come with a flower leigh to put on Hordak.

Matty: We simple don't have a Perfuma figure in the works so it is not possible to give an accurate response.
    preternia.com

Q: I know this is it for the 30th Anniversary sub, but I am very interested to see Terry’s pre-accident Cy-Chop, any chance that concept could ever come to life?

A: Terry has confirmed he is interested in doing this. But it would be in his spare time and he has not gotten around to this yet.

Q: If Horde Troopers hypothetically came out this year, would their heads be removable like other figures so we could make He-Man in Horde Trooper disguise? Would that be something you consider when deciding to make them?

A: We simply don’t have an answer to this as we don’t have a Horde Trooper in the works. This would be a cool way to execute them but only time will tell.

Q: Will Ram Man have any cuts in his skirt to help with his leg articulation? Of late Eternos Randor and Dekker’s legs have been rendered a little useless when a simple cut on the side would open them up.

A: No, he does not have cuts in his skirt.

Q: We’ve seen a good majority of 2013′s offerrings already. Is the MOTUC presence at NY Toy Fair going to be scaled back or should we expect to see the rest of 2013? Or maybe surprises?

A: You will see about the same number of skus noting that the 30th figures are not part of the 2013 roll out and we showed several “30th” figures at NYCC last year.

Q: Any chance that Clamp Champ can come with a championship belt? I mean he is the Champ!

A: No, he does not come with a championship belt.
    Kastor's Korner

Kastor’s Korner: Has a strategy been discussed about how to release less-desired characters that would require extensive tooling? Characters like Extendar and Blast Attak come to mind… is it possible these lower-tier figures could be released in smaller numbers at a higher price point, or as deluxe figures to account for the additional tooling costs?

Mattel: We are looking into a 2 year road map to finish the “essential” figures by the end of 2015 that would include as many of the vintage line figures as we can get to, both demanded and less demanded. Whether or not we will get to them all depends on how many slots we get for both year.

Kastor’s Korner: Given the poor reception of the wing drums on The Sorceress, and especially in light of the throne room in Castle Grayskull, does this warrant a second look at making a “Sorceress V.2″ quarterly variant? This way, folks could make an ultimate Sorceress by combining parts (like She-Ra), and we can also have a Sorceress whose arms let her sit down.

Mattel: No. As explained in great detail by Terry on Roast Gooble dinner, there was no other way to create the Sorceress and ensure her wings stayed on. While the “drums” may not have been supported by every fan, per Mattel’s safety regulations there was simply no other way to construct her. It was not a design choice buy a safety requirement.

Kastor’s Korner: What was the reason behind the slight color change on Clawful’s club in the Great Unrest Weapons Pak? Was this similar coloration intended to be a correction to the figure’s original accessory?

Mattel: It was a creative design choice from the Mattel design team.

Kastor’s Korner: Hip articulation under the MOTUC loincloths and dresses has been considered “ugly,” especially with the female figures… meanwhile your WWE Divas and WWE Elite Superstar figures have much more aesthetically pleasing engineering, without coverups… Have you considered using a similar approach for any newly-tooled bodies in the MOTUC line?

Mattel: We are always looking into other Mattel toy lines for inspiration on what works and doesn’t work. There usually isn’t one universal way of doing anything that works for all brands.

Kastor’s Korner: The latest Weapons Pak included many new and previously-cancelled accessories, so does this change the possibility of seeing alternate/ unreleased heads in future Paks, or as their own set? It seems like it would go a long way to sell additional Robotos, Buzz-Offs, Grizzlors or Clawfuls for fans who would like to display both classic and modern versions.

Mattel: It is highly unlikely we will include extra heads in a weapons pak. Occasionally we are able to offer them with figures like we did with Demo-Man and Strobo, but this is not something that will be a focus. Especially if the “reason” for a second head is to have a “200X look” we do not have any plans for in order to have one cohesive look for Classics.
    toyhypeusa

Q: It has recently been brought up by fans calling for a LEGO Masters of the Universe toy line. This might work better in a movie year, but would Mattel be willing to consider this idea?

A: Sorry, we can’t comment on licensing of any brand to other toy companies.

Q: Would it be possible to sell Rattlor’s armor individually in a poly-bag?

A: No, we don’t have plans to offer the armor this way.

Q: Mattycollector’s Black Friday sale saw the Wind Raider go down to $35 and still not sell out. Is this considered a failure by Mattel as well as an excuse not to produce more vehicles? Or is there still hope?

A: At this point it is highly unlikely additional vehicles will be produced. We can only make toys when there is an audience to buy them!
    mintconditioncustom.com

Timb asks: What has mattel done, if anything to bring shipping prices down? I recently ordered 5 figures and paid $5 ups shipping from dc collectibles.

We are constantly looking into new shipping methodes and options.

King Tamusk asks: For the Four Horsemen: If the meteorbs were to be made in MOTUC, would you sculpt them so that they remain in a similar scale as the vintage version, or would they change in scale depending on the beast they represented? IE: The Rhinorb being the size of a rhino, Astro-Lion being the size of a lion, and all in scale with a standard figure.

Sorry, this Q & A is for Mattel, not the Four Horsemen vendors. We don’t have the Meterorbs planned at this time so their isn’t info to give!
    infinitehollywood.com

2. Is King Grayskull’s lion’s “offical” name Battle Lion or is it just a fan name for it? As it was never mentioned in the 200X cartoon.

Yes, we like to use (the name) Battle Lion for Grayskull’s mount if the toy ever happens.

3. Obviously Granamyr is a lot of original sculpt (practically the whole thing!) but was he potentially designed to have any parts reused down the line?

Nope. He reuses Draego-Man’s wings but otherwise he has always been considered a new sculpt.

4. Was the Temple of Darkness Sorceress figure a success? Obviously you guys already have another exclusive con figure planned this year, but did she do well enough that this promotion is considered a viable way to get out unique variants and extras?

Well she sold out completely so yes, that would pretty much make her a success.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
    Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.

http://www.planeteternia.de/
    http://www.kastorskorner.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hordak.de
    http://www.maitresdelunivers.org/
    http://www.infinitehollywood.com/
    http://www.he-man.de/
    ElkkThunders Toy Room
    MOTUClassics.com
    MOTULA.org
    http://www.preternia.com
    www.mintconditioncustom.com/
    greatrebellion.org
    toyhypeusa.com
    musclor.org

All other sites haven't gotten back to us yet about participating, or have asked not to be included which we completely understand and respect.
    So, please do not post the actual questions and answers from any site not listed above.
    But you are welcome to post a direct link to their Q&A, and discuss the info here in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 18, 2012 at 08:03am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

No Horde Trooper in the works?? Therefore a Horde Trooper cannot be the 4th quarterly highly demanded army builder that Scott promised during sub sign up? Very curious to find out what he was REALLY referring to when he was obviously trying to manipulate the info at the time to sound like Horde Troopers.

Or maybe he's just saying that so he doesn't outright admit they are making it. It's not like they didn't say Ram Man wasn't in the works all the way up to SDCC.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Saying something is 'not in the works' is just saying it aint being worked on...NOT that it aint done, dusted and ready to reveal!

Im good with with Word play!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Leading up to the sub didn't he just say "one of the most fan demanded", and people mostly just assumed it "had to be" Horde Troopers? I don't remember Scott saying anything else to confirm, although I might be forgetting something.

Mattel: No. As explained in great detail by Terry on Roast Gooble dinner, there was no other way to create the Sorceress and ensure her wings stayed on. While the “drums” may not have been supported by every fan, per Mattel’s safety regulations there was simply no other way to construct her. It was not a design choice buy a safety requirement.

#1) Lame ass excuse, I know many Transformers that have much smaller pieces than the wings on Sorceress that are made to pop off under extreme play....HFTD Battle Blades Optimus Prime springs to mind, his blades are only popped on, and can come off easily. Not to mention others, and they pass "safety" testing. And how many times was it stated it was a design choice, because smaller drums wouldn't support the wings....not that the wings would pop off, to my knowledge, this has never come up before, but the former has several times....But good way to Foul up a perfectly good "Adult" figure by using "safety" regulations. I suppose the longer crotch and non articulated thighs were a safety issue too? Sorceress could have been a 10 out of 10 figure, but she has 3 bad design choices working to her disadvantage, and people call Frosta a bad figure....And yet Sorceress to me was one of the most attractive characters in MOTU, even her 4H prototype captured this, but the final figure due to Mattel design, is not as great as she could have been....and despite that, she is still on the top of my favorites list, along with Teela & Frosta.

#2) Also another lame design choice, a wasted slot in the WP.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    More wasted questions. I want to just know why my freaking subs cannot be shipped to the address I MOVED TO!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Leading up to the sub didn't he just say "one of the most fan demanded", and people mostly just assumed it "had to be" Horde Troopers? I don't remember Scott saying anything else to confirm, although I might be forgetting something.
    What could it be then, if not the Horde Troopers? Personally I don't care, I have to buy them anyway, and if it's nothing I like, I'll sell it, I hope it's not fan demanded like those Star Sisters, that no one could unload....I'd hate to be stuck with something like that, but on the other hand I also refuse to sell something less than what I just paid for it a few days before....I'll let my son wreck it first before I do that.

The Foe Men are fan demanded enough to get less than stellar reactions....we get all the fan demanded stuff except what the fans really demand....At least in te case of the Foe Men, I plan, at least for now to keep them MIB on display....I kind of like them, but I'll see in reviews and in person first.
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    He didn't even go that far, all he said was"an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now". People have been asking for many different army builders for years, but people were all "omg horde troopers!!1!1" b/c that's what people like to say whenever the words 'army builders' are uttered.

But TG denied Whiplash a few days before he was revealed. Clawful too iirc. So answers like these have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    He didn't even go that far, all he said was"an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now". People have been asking for many different army builders for years, but people were all "omg horde troopers!!1!1" b/c that's what people like to say whenever the words 'army builders' army uttered.

But TG denied Whiplash a few days before he was revealed. Clawful too iirc. So answers like these have to be taken with a grain of salt.
    He also denied Frosta was being worked on as well....
    Coming.... Mermista
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I hope that it ends up being Horde Troopers. That one is really top of the lists. Unless it was a play on people asking for the Hover Robots for years since they were unmade and in the cartoon. And while they may have been, in MOTUC people have been asking for Horde Troopers first and foremost, especially considering that Hover Robots couldn't even be made pre Filmation rights.

I think if it is not Horde Troopers that people will be very upset, and rightfully so.

The drums on the Sorceress and the green Clawful mace are not just Design choices, but they are TERRIBLE design choices. No one has ever said "I LOVE the design of the Sorceress", people have just sort of resigned themselves to "well I can pose her with her wings out so I guess it's ok". Honestly with the design you can pose her almost as much as the 200X Staction (ok a bit more, but not much). I don't care if Design made the call, it was a bad one. And the mace is a terrible choice too. Doesn't matter if he made it, design made, it, or the President of Mattel's 99 year old Grandmother made it, it still is a bad choice. How about a bit of ownership in making a bad call, as opposed to finger pointing?

200X/alternate heads: I'm so tired of this "blah blah retired" bullcrap excuse. People want alternate heads for figures like Clawful, and Grizzlor and Buzz Off. Strobo is a downright obscure and pretty weak figure when it comes down to it, but the excitement for him has been raised because he has an alternate, unmasked 200X Zodak head. Gee, I wonder if it would help 2014 sub sales if some of the figures shown during the sub drive had bonus head accessories for other figures? You know, REAL "fan demanded" stuff? I know, "blah blah expense", hey just short change some paint apps or accessories from PoP figures, they don't mind! or mold the extra heads in black plastic! Oh wait...

Grr foul mood tonight.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I'm guessing an army of Kulatek warriors. They have been fan-demanded for years ever since they were culled from the 200x line some 8 or 9 years ago. Hopefully they will include gear to dress the Elder and maybe army pieces to differentiate between otherwise identical beasts.

Mattel: It is highly unlikely we will include extra heads in a weapons pak. Occasionally we are able to offer them with figures like we did with Demo-Man and Strobo, but this is not something that will be a focus. Especially if the “reason” for a second head is to have a “200X look” we do not have any plans for in order to have one cohesive look for Classics.
    My read of that is Grizzlor's 2nd face may still be a possibility, because we know it has been sculpted. I don't know about Buzz-Off or Clawful cos I don't think it was ever said they had 200x style heads sculpted.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Still waiting for February 2013 to get some interesting info and answers...

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    No Horde Trooper in the works?? Therefore a Horde Trooper cannot be the 4th quarterly highly demanded army builder that Scott promised during sub sign up? Very curious to find out what he was REALLY referring to when he was obviously trying to manipulate the info at the time to sound like Horde Troopers.
    No Horde Troopers... Just like "no Whiplash" and "no Megator" and then BAM! There they were

Though, It would probably be smart, if they had been planned for 2013, to shift them into Q1 of 2014 (assuming 2014 has been approved for more than just 12 basic figures), to help sell subscriptions.

The other army builder that people have been asking for would be Skeletor's Filmation robots... or maybe his 200X Skeleton Warriors.

Any of these would be awesome, IMO

jason.lee.718: If we happen to get Perfuma in the line will her skirt be made in a artificial flower type material since she is the plant person. Also could she come with a flower leigh to put on Hordak.

Matty: We simple don't have a Perfuma figure in the works so it is not possible to give an accurate response.
    Something tells me that the person who answered this question doesn't really know why this fan was asking for the flowers... for Hordak It would be a really funny accessory, just like the Wun-Dar loaf of bread. If people here haven't seen the She-Ra episode, "Flowers for Hordak," do yourselves a favor and watch it and laugh. It's actually hilarious.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 16, 2012 at 03:10pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Can someone refresh my memory on what the 'pre-accident Cy-Chop' is all about? I probably knew at one time, but now I'm drawing... a blank. heh

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Kastor’s Korner: What was the reason behind the slight color change on Clawful’s club in the Great Unrest Weapons Pak? Was this similar coloration intended to be a correction to the figure’s original accessory?

Wow! Very creative indeed

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Remember when TG said that they didn't have plans for Whiplash and then a month later we saw his figure at NYTF? They could have extensively plotted out the Horde Troopers, but they would never tell us this until they are revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory on what the 'pre-accident Cy-Chop' is all about? I probably knew at one time, but now I'm drawing... a blank. heh
    Cy-Chop is a cyborg now, but back before he got his cybernetics after Trap Jaw betrayed him, he looked different.

Heroic Warrior
    Q: Mattycollector’s Black Friday sale saw the Wind Raider go down to $35 and still not sell out. Is this considered a failure by Mattel as well as an excuse not to produce more vehicles? Or is there still hope?

A: At this point it is highly unlikely additional vehicles will be produced. We can only make toys when there is an audience to buy them!
    And THIS, folks, was the "good" news of the month and for the years to come !

Sorry, this Q & A is for Mattel, not the Four Horsemen vendors. We don’t have the Meterorbs planned at this time so THEIR isn’t info to give!
    And THAT was the spelling mistake for December 2012 !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    And THIS, folks, was the "good" news of the month and for the years to come !
    I think that they should do a pre-order system from now on, to cover themselves.

And THAT was the spelling mistake for December 2012 !
    That answer was inconsistent. Mattel has gotten The Four Horsemen to answer questions before.

A: At this point it is highly unlikely additional vehicles will be produced. We can only make toys when there is an audience to ibuy them!

Just do a preorder like the castle. It obviously worked at least give us a chance to decide.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Didn't the wind raider sell awesome. And then they made more and made them matty essentials. Anyway I bought 3 overall. I did my part trying to get them sold out. I'm not sure why they want this line to fail.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    No, they said only a portion of the initial Wind Raiders arrived for that first sale day & still took 3 days to sell out that small amount. The rest of the Wind Raiders that arrived later are supposed to be the rest of that first production run.

Heroic Warrior
    Why do people still bother asking if they're going to make "xxx" character or include "xxx" accessory? After this many years, it should be obvious to everyone it's not something they'll answer.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that they should do a pre-order system from now on, to cover themselves.
    For vehicles, I would be for this. Why not? I'm sure the Four Horsemen wouldn't mind sculpting them in their spare time since they love the line so much. I really want to see the Attak Trak, Battle Ram, Land Shark, Roton, and so many more.

This round of answers was a huge bummer. They have no positive answers sometimes.