Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2012)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why do people still bother asking if they're going to make "xxx" character or include "xxx" accessory? After this many years, it should be obvious to everyone it's not something they'll answer.
    With some obscure characters, it lets fans know who could potentially show up should the line continue onwards or at least their chances of showing up. I can agree with you about characters who already had figures in the 80's, unless we are talking about longshots such as the Meteorbs or POP Horses.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm really disappointed in the vehicles being off the table now... I still so do very much want that Battle Ram. I've always loved it more than the Wind Raider. Wish they'd given us the Ram instead... it's something I actually have interest in owning multiples of (whereas the Raider is far too large and wide and takes up too much shelf space).

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the vehicles being off the table now... I still so do very much want that Battle Ram. I've always loved it more than the Wind Raider. Wish they'd given us the Ram instead... it's something I actually have interest in owning multiples of (wthereas the Raider is far too large and wide and takes up too much shelf space).
    It seems like everything we ask for or about is of the table. They are really making us aware of how much of a favor they're doing us by continuing the line at all.

All I want to do is give them my money in exchange for nice things... LOL...

At this point I think we should all just quit asking questions about which figures are bound to show since

a. we know the 'essentials' will be made within the next 2 years

b. he's never gonna ever say yes since it ruins the marketing campaign; like they would ever just say yes before creating some kind of email or social network post to announce a new figure.

So with that said can we begin to stop having that dead horse question or anything similar to it always being selected as hard as it is???
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    No Horde Trooper in the works?? Therefore a Horde Trooper cannot be the 4th quarterly highly demanded army builder that Scott promised during sub sign up? Very curious to find out what he was REALLY referring to when he was obviously trying to manipulate the info at the time to sound like Horde Troopers.
    Scott once said there was no Megator in the works, but then he was revealed about a month or so later.

All TG said was that fan-demanded army builders were coming. Obviously, the Horde Troopers have been the most fan-demanded characters that would fit this bill, but people have also been asking somewhat regularly about Skeletor's Hover Robots and Skeleton Warriors.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I'm really disappointed in the vehicles being off the table now... I still so do very much want that Battle Ram. I've always loved it more than the Wind Raider. Wish they'd given us the Ram instead... it's something I actually have interest in owning multiples of (whereas the Raider is far too large and wide and takes up too much shelf space).
    I can't remember where the quote was, but in later 2011, Scott was asked about a pre-order for Castle Grayskull. They said it was likely off the table, even though it was a good idea.

Fast forward and we are getting a Castle Grayskull.

I think if the demand is there, and they do a pre-order, we could have a Battle Ram. It's worth a try.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Other than Josh, nothing is off the table. Things are always changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Didn't the wind raider sell awesome. And then they made more and made them matty essentials. Anyway I bought 3 overall. I did my part trying to get them sold out. I'm not sure why they want this line to fail.
    We may see the last "big" anything after Granamyr starts gathering dust and moves into the MATTY ESSENTIALS...for a "fan demanded" figure...he is getting really dumped on now that he is about to sell...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post

All TG said was that fan-demanded army builders were coming. Obviously, the Horde Troopers have been the most fan-demanded characters that would fit this bill, but people have also been asking somewhat regularly about Skeletor's Hover Robots and Skeleton Warriors.
    And flying Skeletor Robots 3 pack would be preseted as a "fan demanded army builder" for this year.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

These answers don't even sound like they came from Scott or anyone else that has answered in the past. It's like they handed them off to an intern that knows nothing about the brand and therefore couldn't answer anything. Everyone else that knows how to answer these things is probably on holiday vacation.

EXAMPLE: when it came to the question regarding what will be revealed at NYTF; we already know that, besides the next two monthly figures, they are trying to get a prototype of Castle Grayskull ready to show, plus the "extra surprises" that Scott mentioned will finally be announced. The person that answered the question mentioned nothing about this.

I asked the question directed to the Four Horsemen regarding the Meteorbs, because they have been included on these "Ask Matty" questionnaires in the past. Again, another example hat the person in charge this time had no clue. I was just wondering how they would approach them, not if they are working on them or if they'll make it into the line.

Additional heads that look like the 200X design will never happen. They have stated this time and time again. Clawful and Buzz-off had a very angular design that was unique to the style of the show. To get a 200X version, you'd have to make it that exact way - and they don't want to revisit that look. If you loose that unique 200X design, you get exactly what we received. In the case of Fisto, it was a head modeled off the vintage figure, with a second head (same style) wearing a headband. Not an angular version with a huge chin and 200X inspired. So, unless it is a feature that can be added to the vintage look, like the additional spider legs on Webstor, of the gas tanks on Stinkor, or the headband on Fisto, you are out of luck - no hyper angles, no over sized or super skinny features...no 200X heads.

Heroic Warrior
    After the success of Castle Grayskull and the preorder system, I think not producing vehicles is pointless. It worked on Castle Grayskull, why not on a vehicle?

I have a question about Matty "sales" in general. Are there usually surprises during a Matty sale? I mean like last time I wasn't expecting older figures to be put back up, but they came up.

Does Matty usually have surprises during the sales, or is it just the items they advertise as on sale?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I have a question about Matty "sales" in general. Are there usually surprises during a Matty sale? I mean like last time I wasn't expecting older figures to be put back up, but they came up.

Does Matty usually have surprises during the sales, or is it just the items they advertise as on sale?

Thanks

So far that has only happened with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale each year
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    We may see the last "big" anything after Granamyr starts gathering dust and moves into the MATTY ESSENTIALS...for a "fan demanded" figure...he is getting really dumped on now that he is about to sell...

- - - Updated - - -

And flying Skeletor Robots 3 pack would be preseted as a "fan demanded army builder" for this year.

We will see it end, unless they offer Pre-Orders for anything else over $40 or whatever the 2013 equivalent price is.

And the Foe Men are the last 3 packs we're supposed to get in the line, the rest will be 2 packs, Scott said this a while back.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    More wasted questions. I want to just know why my freaking subs cannot be shipped to the address I MOVED TO!!!
    Your question is exclusive to you, I don't think anyone else would care to see that answered? Your specific situation can probably be answered by a call to Digital River.

All I want to do is give them my money in exchange for nice things... LOL...
    Unfortunately not enough people wanted the Wind Raider, so based on the lack of WR sales the rest of the vehicles will possibly never see the light of day. You have to remember there is absolutely no parts re-use in the vehicles so they are all 100% new sculpts and tools. I think Granamyr will face similar results, and is the only item I will have passed on, not because I don't want it just because the timing just doesn't work out right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, but the Battle Ram is much bigger (historically) than the Wind Raider! I want one, too, but be careful what you wish for if you have limited shelf space... [^)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Additional heads that look like the 200X design will never happen. They have stated this time and time again. Clawful and Buzz-off had a very angular design that was unique to the style of the show. To get a 200X version, you'd have to make it that exact way - and they don't want to revisit that look. If you loose that unique 200X design, you get exactly what we received. In the case of Fisto, it was a head modeled off the vintage figure, with a second head (same style) wearing a headband. Not an angular version with a huge chin and 200X inspired. So, unless it is a feature that can be added to the vintage look, like the additional spider legs on Webstor, of the gas tanks on Stinkor, or the headband on Fisto, you are out of luck - no hyper angles, no over sized or super skinny features...no 200X heads.
    Except they've done this for Moss Man and Stinkor. No anime angled 200X heads there and they fit in with the line. Heck, it's the same argument about the Keldor Swords. Thankfully, TG won that battle with Management.

200X heads can be done without messing up the aesthetic of Classics, but Mattel was always stubborn about this. The reasons vary from the non-existant moms and kids who would get confused over two versions of the same character (the alternate head is hidden in the package) to the heads taking up a 100% figure's place.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 17, 2012 at 09:16am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Q: Mattycollector’s Black Friday sale saw the Wind Raider go down to $35 and still not sell out. Is this considered a failure by Mattel as well as an excuse not to produce more vehicles? Or is there still hope?

A: At this point it is highly unlikely additional vehicles will be produced. We can only make toys when there is an audience to buy them!

I don't know about this. I really feel they should try one more time but with a pre-order system like it's been mentioned above by a couple of ppl. I think the outcome would be different. Maybe a poll on Mattycollector to decide which vehicle? After the poll closes, the pre-order would go live with a time-frame (like CG).

Have to admit, it bothers me that we got a 'Heroic' vehicle and are set to get a 'Heroic' play-set next year. Damn Villains always seem to lose out on these things ~ even things up Mattel! LoL.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

No Horde Troopers in works at this time?

So do you guys believe this?

Or do you think its true, an probably we wont see troopers until the last year as a part of this "big going out with a bang" thing Toy Guru always talks about?

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    No Horde Troopers in works at this time?

So do you guys believe this?

Or do you think its true, an probably we wont see troopers until the last year as a part of this "big going out with a bang" thing Toy Guru always talks about?
    I think its a canned answer, I would be so surprised if the 2 pack later this year is not the Troopers. But he has to save some nuggets to get people excited when he shows them off.

I know some people ask to know everything all at once, but once we know something, we want the next bit of info. I mean we know half the sub for next year and yet most of us are dying to see what they show us at Toy Fair.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What did they expect? They couldn't sell out of their entire stock of Wind Raiders for $40, did they think raising the price to $44 was going to make it suddenly disappear during 2012?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Reading the Q&A is depressing. Like others, I wish they would do a pre order system for vehicles and produce a more limited stock. People do want the vehicles but I have a feeling that they over produced the Wind Raider due to a miscalculation of demand. Not everyone wants a vehicle but so many do and some are just as iconic as characters are. The Battle Ram, Talon Fighter and Attak Trak are easy sells I would think.

This line is full of twists and surprises so anything can happen. Castle Grayskull is a perfect example of this.

In the meantime these Q&As are disheartening.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Unfortunately not enough people wanted the Wind Raider, so based on the lack of WR sales the rest of the vehicles will possibly never see the light of day. You have to remember there is absolutely no parts re-use in the vehicles so they are all 100% new sculpts and tools. I think Granamyr will face similar results, and is the only item I will have passed on, not because I don't want it just because the timing just doesn't work out right now.
    I think Granamyr could be reworked into a Tyrantosaurus Rex. But it is very unlikely.

I dont buy the no vehicle thing at all.

Scott said no CG and weeks later it happened.

I do think all vehicles will be pre orders in the future,but not for one second do I believe they are dead.

And Yes,who ever wrote these answers.....was having a bad day.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.