Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2012)

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Q: Mattycollector’s Black Friday sale saw the Wind Raider go down to $35 and still not sell out. Is this considered a failure by Mattel as well as an excuse not to produce more vehicles? Or is there still hope?

A: At this point it is highly unlikely additional vehicles will be produced. We can only make toys when there is an audience to buy them!

I don't know about this. I really feel they should try one more time but with a pre-order system like it's been mentioned above by a couple of ppl. I think the outcome would be different. Maybe a poll on Mattycollector to decide which vehicle? After the poll closes, the pre-order would go live with a time-frame (like CG).

Have to admit, it bothers me that we got a 'Heroic' vehicle and are set to get a 'Heroic' play-set next year. Damn Villains always seem to lose out on these things ~ even things up Mattel! LoL.
    I don't think a poll is necessary at all—it's clear the next vehicle should be the Battle Ram/Sky Sled/War Sled. In fact, it's nearly incomprehensible that it wasn't released the first, when even the 4H had it sculpted already.

1) It's both a heroic (Battle Ram/Sky Sled) and an evil (War Sled) vehicle.
    2) It's probably the only vehicle that lends itself easily to parts reuse (3 releases from one sculpt: Battle Ram, Sky Sled, War Sled).
    3) It has very clear army-builder potential (Filmation features Sled armies galore, and were ridden by basically everyone in the series).
    4) The Sleds are small enough to fit into most collectors' displays.
    5) It looks strikingly iconic; it's as "core MotU" as any A-lister character.
    6) It was part of Vintage Wave 1 (in fact, now that Grayskull is coming, it's the only item we're lacking to complete the "classicization" of the first vintage wave).
    7) It has been overwhelmingly voted by fans as the most demanded vehicle.
    8) It's already sculpted.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I thought all the Wind Raiders had sold out when they went on sale last year and the sales were a "disappointment" for Mattel.

Now all we hear is that they haven't sold out and no more vehicles are coming(!) Where has this influx of Wind Raider's come from? Are they re-issues? I haven't been paying much attention to this for over a year but noticed many Q&As about future vehicles not happening because they can't flog the current stock of Wind Raiders?!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Gah, that Sorceress Wings "answer" always gets my blood boiled!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I thought all the Wind Raiders had sold out when they went on sale last year and the sales were a "disappointment" for Mattel.

Now all we hear is that they haven't sold out and no more vehicles are coming(!) Where has this influx of Wind Raider's come from? Are they re-issues? I haven't been paying much attention to this for over a year but noticed many Q&As about future vehicles not happening because they can't flog the current stock of Wind Raiders?!
    Well, I thought that issue was partly Mattel's fault at first. I thought they sold out but that they didn't make enough to make a large enough profit from a single-use mold.
    Since they "broke even" they decided to do a second run to test the market to see if they actually "could have" made enough to make the profit...and those didn't sell out.

(I may be completely mistaken though)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    It seems like everything we ask for or about is of the table. They are really making us aware of how much of a favor they're doing us by continuing the line at all.
    Castle Grayskull was once off the table as well...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    "A: You will see about the same number of skus noting that the 30th figures are not part of the 2013 roll out and we showed several “30th” figures at NYCC last year."

I agree that sometimes they don't even seem to read the questions for comprehension before they answer. This, to me at least, has nothing to do with the actual question that was asked.

Also, as they consider TOD a "success" because she sold out, how does that make other figures that also sell out less successful even if it takes longer?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    I love that the army builders are NOT troopers (well, possibly not troopers) because it means that we'll be getting troopers in addition to whatever these army builders are. It just means MORE army builders and I expect the Troopers to help sell 2014. So what could they be? I think they are the skeletor robots from Filmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I love that the army builders are NOT troopers (well, possibly not troopers) because it means that we'll be getting troopers in addition to whatever these army builders are. It just means MORE army builders and I expect the Troopers to help sell 2014. So what could they be? I think they are the skeletor robots from Filmation.
    I agree, I also think it will be the Filmation Hover Robots/Robot Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    "A: You will see about the same number of skus noting that the 30th figures are not part of the 2013 roll out and we showed several “30th” figures at NYCC last year."

I agree that sometimes they don't even seem to read the questions for comprehension before they answer. This, to me at least, has nothing to do with the actual question that was asked.

Also, as they consider TOD a "success" because she sold out, how does that make other figures that also sell out less successful even if it takes longer?
    I think it means even thought the 30th line was a separate line, you will still see the same amount of figures shown, but no sub line this time all figures will be main line figures, likely sub and no sub items.

In other words however many figures were present last year, expect the same or a similar amount.

Sorceress sold out within a few days....some are still for sale....Wind Raider ( an entire year later), Weapons Pack....and some figures had been up for over a week and not sold out....that is why TOD Sorceress was a success, Rattlor, Mosquitor, Fisto....all successes....Randor, Dekker, SLL, Spector....not so much.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 18, 2012 at 06:03pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    They also missed the point of the question, which was asking for a version 2 Sorceress with a different approach taken to designing the cloak/wings. Theres many other ways it could be handled, such as using a softer plastic like Shadow Weaver's cape.

Why is it that every month people ask questions they know won't get answered? Is this character being made? If this character is made will it have this or wear that? They won't say anything about a character that hasn't been announced, so why send the question?

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I also smelled copious piles of Bullsquat when I saw their response to that question.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorceress question?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No Horde Troopers... Just like "no Whiplash" and "no Megator" and then BAM! There they were

Though, It would probably be smart, if they had been planned for 2013, to shift them into Q1 of 2014 (assuming 2014 has been approved for more than just 12 basic figures), to help sell subscriptions.

The other army builder that people have been asking for would be Skeletor's Filmation robots... or maybe his 200X Skeleton Warriors.

Any of these would be awesome, IMO
    Yeah, there is every chance we'll still get them this year, however, since we didn't see them at SDCC, I don't think we will. I mean, honestly, if they want to sell subs they could JUST reveal the Trooper(s) for 2014 and they'd probably set a new sales record.

I can do without the 200X skeleton warriors, but I want Skeletor's Robot Knights JUST as much as the Horde Troopers, so I'll be thrilled with either of them!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Why do these Q&As still exist? All we get are the same Copy&Paste answers as every other month!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, I also think it will be the Filmation Hover Robots/Robot Knights.
    For $50 it better be a small fleet of them! Nah the most fan demanded army builder is Horde Troopers. Nothing else comes close, so it has to be them.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    disappointed. doesn't look like horde troopers are in the works for 2013.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    disappointed. doesn't look like horde troopers are in the works for 2013.
    Don't count them out until you see the reveals in a few months....they always say X isn't planned, then X pops up months later as a reveal. Both Clamp Champ & Frosta are prime examples.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I stopped to read theses Q&A about a year ago for some reasons:
    They rarely give some useful information
    The way they answer it with automatic responses, rude answers and sometimes I have the impression that they don't even read the question!

So I decided to give it a new try to see if anything changed, shame on me
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel: We are looking into a 2 year road map to finish the “essential” figures by the end of 2015 that would include as many of the vintage line figures as we can get to, both demanded and less demanded. Whether or not we will get to them all depends on how many slots we get for both year.

GRRRR.

STOP MAKING "LESS DEMANDED" FIGURES!

It's the height of idiocy at this point. I could buy it back when we were being told "all will come in time", but time is almost up.

It makes absolutely no sense, in any business or otherwise, to make "less demanded" items. It's ludicrous.

The MOST demanded characters should be made. We are way way past the point of "getting to everyone in time".

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Mattel: We are looking into a 2 year road map to finish the “essential” figures by the end of 2015 that would include as many of the vintage line figures as we can get to, both demanded and less demanded. Whether or not we will get to them all depends on how many slots we get for both year.

GRRRR.

STOP MAKING "LESS DEMANDED" FIGURES!

It's the height of idiocy at this point. I could buy it back when we were being told "all will come in time", but time is almost up.

It makes absolutely no sense, in any business or otherwise, to make "less demanded" items. It's ludicrous.

The MOST demanded characters should be made. We are way way past the point of "getting to everyone in time".
    I agree. Next year seems to have very good characters so far. But obscure stuff like the Fighting Foe Men in combination with that price has to go.

Look at Granamyr & Procrustus. Both are for sale since Monday, both are obscure and both are expensive. And most of Procrustus should already be sold because of the sub. Granamyr doesn't have any sub behind his back and is nearly twice as expensive.

I hope, they sellout in the next days, because for the health of the line, but you really can see the true demand for this items and not only the hardcore-all-embracing-fan-demand. Mosquitor sold out in around 2 hours.

Making those expensive items without a preorder is a bad decision.
    Last edited by Berserker79; December 20, 2012 at 06:45am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I don't think a poll is necessary at all—it's clear the next vehicle should be the Battle Ram/Sky Sled/War Sled. In fact, it's nearly incomprehensible that it wasn't released the first, when even the 4H had it sculpted already.

1) It's both a heroic (Battle Ram/Sky Sled) and an evil (War Sled) vehicle.
    2) It's probably the only vehicle that lends itself easily to parts reuse (3 releases from one sculpt: Battle Ram, Sky Sled, War Sled).
    3) It has very clear army-builder potential (Filmation features Sled armies galore, and were ridden by basically everyone in the series).
    4) The Sleds are small enough to fit into most collectors' displays.
    5) It looks strikingly iconic; it's as "core MotU" as any A-lister character.
    6) It was part of Vintage Wave 1 (in fact, now that Grayskull is coming, it's the only item we're lacking to complete the "classicization" of the first vintage wave).
    7) It has been overwhelmingly voted by fans as the most demanded vehicle.
    8) It's already sculpted.
    I love the battle ram....

but I REALLY want talon fighter/ point dread next. Getting grayskull REALLY altered my list a bit

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I love the battle ram....

but I REALLY want talon fighter/ point dread next. Getting grayskull REALLY altered my list a bit
    Hehe, I truly think I'm the only one that thought the Talon Fighter was boring. Stacked up against the other vehicles, it was boring IMO.
    Also, being perched up on top of Grayskull took away from the "massive-ness" of it. It really made Grayskull seem a lot smaller.

They should do the core figures in the sub system and all the rest using pre-order!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Still planning to call my Battle Lion, Battalion...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah