Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2012)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Hehe, I truly think I'm the only one that thought the Talon Fighter was boring. Stacked up against the other vehicles, it was boring IMO.
    Also, being perched up on top of Grayskull took away from the "massive-ness" of it. It really made Grayskull seem a lot smaller.
    I think it has something to do with "I never Had it...' and as a kid, knowing that there was something that 'Connected' to the castle... meant I had an 'unfinished castle'

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I can do without the 200X skeleton warriors, but I want Skeletor's Robot Knights JUST as much as the Horde Troopers, so I'll be thrilled with either of them!
    The 200x Bone Warriors have a slight hand up in the running though; they're the only unique character/figure in the 200x toy line (not counting beasts).

It's a shame the line isn't doing uber-healthy. Instead of 2-pack army builders with minor variations between the two, it'd be great to have some sort of 5- or 6-pack of one each of Skeleton's various forces. One bone warrior, one hover robot, one skeleton knight or whatever they were, one Skelcon, one movie-style trooper (I know, I know...)
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The 200x Bone Warriors have a slight hand up in the running though; they're the only unique character/figure in the 200x toy line (not counting beasts).

It's a shame the line isn't doing uber-healthy. Instead of 2-pack army builders with minor variations between the two, it'd be great to have some sort of 5- or 6-pack of one each of Skeleton's various forces. One bone warrior, one hover robot, one skeleton knight or whatever they were, one Skelcon, one movie-style trooper (I know, I know...)
    Ehhhhhhh....

for me that would translate into $50+ for a robot knight....I think a lot of people would be upset with THAT much variation in a multipack. 2-3 different horde troopers... 2-3 copies of knights?? That could fly, but that pack you mentioned... Skelecon'sand troopers are a bit obscure/unwanted... and i have no interest in a 200x bone warrior at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by skeleton knight... THAT sounds kind of cool... but Really, if they offer robot knights... I want to buy ROBOT KNIGHTS... not one thing I want and 4 things I have no interest in. Keep the themes TIGHT...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    A Pre-Order system for vehicles is the new way to go to get them made.
    The Battle Ram is awesome and highly wanted by many!
    I think the Wind Raider is completely overshadowed by the Battle Ram. Also, the sculpting costs could be better negotiated since it's already sculpted and displayed at SDCC 2010!
    If anything, I want to see the Sky Sled (front end of the Battle Ram) more than anything.
    Sky Sleds are small and can be used by both Heroic and Evil THIS is why they would be extremely popular imho.
    They can make it as a small diorama or accessory or something if they can't classify it as a vehicle.

Last edited by synthalus; December 27, 2012 at 11:42am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    A Pre-Order system for vehicles is the new way to go to get them made.
    The Battle Ram is awesome and highly wanted by many!
    I think the Wind Raider is completely overshadowed by the Battle Ram. Also, the sculpting costs could be better negotiated since it's already sculpted and displayed at SDCC 2010!
    If anything, I want to see the Sky Sled (front end of the Battle Ram) more than anything.
    Sky Sleds are small and can be used by both Heroic and Evil THIS is why they would be extremely popular imho.
    They can make it as a small diorama or accessory or something if they can't classify it as a vehicle.
    http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-c..._1200x900_.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...BoxArt_600.jpg
    I'm still hopeful we'll get Battleram some how--some way ---but Matty keeps shooting the notion down no matter how it is presented (preorder,etc).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I'm still hopeful we'll get Battleram some how--some way ---but Matty keeps shooting the notion down no matter how it is presented (preorder,etc).
    The only way is to buy up all of the Wind Raiders. I already have mine from day one...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The only way is to buy up all of the Wind Raiders. I already have mine from day one...
    I hope they really don't stick to the "all windraiders have to sell" thing. Mattel needs to be more open minded to different ways to do vehicles--afterall the fans were open minded about dropping $250 on an item they haven't even seen yet.

This answer about Sorceress' drums getting in the way of her sitting on a throne caught my eye:

Mattel: No. As explained in great detail by Terry on Roast Gooble dinner, there was no other way to create the Sorceress and ensure her wings stayed on. While the “drums” may not have been supported by every fan, per Mattel’s safety regulations there was simply no other way to construct her. It was not a design choice buy a safety requirement.

If this is a Collector's Line - as in, meant for adults and those with money to burn - then shouldn't the safety issues be less of a concern? I mean, it's completely reasonable to assume that adults aren't going to shove toys in their eyes or try to eat the figures.

The drums were a dumb design more - anyone can see that. Heck, Disney's Gargoyles figures had, in one wave, wings that opened up, and Batman has had "glider" capes before. If it meant giving the Sorceress a fabric cape to execute it well, then that's what they should have done. And if they didn't want to, for financial reasons or for aesthetic ones, then just say so.

To hear them speak one would think there was no other possible way...

Reading "it was a safety requirement - there was no other way!!" just makes me without the grin.

EDIT:

Does "no more vehicles" also mean no more horses?? Wow - I guess no Spirit then. Nice one Matty!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Even though it is an "Adult Collector's Line", mattel is still concerned with sfaety because children could still, in theory, play with these toys. Some people buy them for children. I think the concern is that even if a child gets hurt with a toy from an "adult collector's" line is that they could still get sued.

There are other ways that they could have done the wings. Sure it would have meant sacrificing the "magical wing unfolding action", but they could have just done the wings like Hawkman, or Draegoman, or Hawkgirl, or any number of characters with wings that Mattel has done in the past. Other people have also made suggestions and pictures on how it could be done as well.

In the end it was a choice they made. It was a bad choice too, but likely one we have to live with.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Even though it is an "Adult Collector's Line", mattel is still concerned with sfaety because children could still, in theory, play with these toys. Some people buy them for children. I think the concern is that even if a child gets hurt with a toy from an "adult collector's" line is that they could still get sued.

There are other ways that they could have done the wings. Sure it would have meant sacrificing the "magical wing unfolding action", but they could have just done the wings like Hawkman, or Draegoman, or Hawkgirl, or any number of characters with wings that Mattel has done in the past. Other people have also made suggestions and pictures on how it could be done as well.

In the end it was a choice they made. It was a bad choice too, but likely one we have to live with.
    The Sorceress wing thing doesn't bother me at all--the way I have her positioned on my shelf, you cant see the drums anyways. I am bothered by alot of the other responses where many questions are being dismissed. I'm going to still hold out hope, but things are not looking so good for this line right now....

On a side note---I really hope a 3rd party steps in to fill the gaps we may have in this line later on (due to the responses were getting on vehicles,etc...) There are TF third party companies like Fansproject that do AWESOME jobs.
    Last edited by He-Kal; December 27, 2012 at 04:32pm.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    [QUOTE=DisneyBoy;3178566]

Mattel: No. As explained in great detail by Terry on Roast Gooble dinner, there was no other way to create the Sorceress and ensure her wings stayed on. While the “drums” may not have been supported by every fan, per Mattel’s safety regulations there was simply no other way to construct her. It was not a design choice buy a safety requirement.

If that would be true( which i don´t believe), it would´ve been smarter to nix the "actionfeature"

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Did they ever say the last sub item was the "fan demanded army builder"? or just that there was one coming? That with the rumours of a separate items, makes me think reissue of the Snake soldiers in different colours. A different colour pack available 3 or 4 times during the year. (one of the packs coming with Ratties 200x armour)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!