Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Main He-Man Movie Discussion (New news, Rumors, etc.)

Main He-Man Movie Discussion (New news, Rumors, etc.)

I don't feel any good in bringing the bad news, but we knew this was coming sooner or later.

Fox2000 no longer has the Power of Grayskull

Source: Moviehole
    More crushing news for those who have been fretfully waiting the golden-haired swordsman’s exultant return to cinemas – he might not be. Yup, seems Fox2000’s proposed film version of “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” may have gone the way of “Batman Vs. Superman”, “Broadway Brawler” and “The Crusades” – swallowed by a black hole with an appetite for languishing film projects. It seems the film version of the popular 80s toon is essentially dead.

Executive Producer Rodney Ferrell (“Flicka”), of Fox2000 pics, tells Moviehole that they’ve just literally just wiped their hands clean of the property.

“This was a project set up at Fox”, begins Ferrell, “but in the recent months we gave the project back to Mattel and are no longer involved”.

The film had John Woo attached as a producer and Adam Rifkin (“Underdog”) attached as the writer. Fox2000 were set to produce and distribute the movie.

Its been a long and tumultuous journey for the “He-Man” pic – its been delayed multiple times, has seen several writers come and go (They were unsure about Rifkin’s script too – suggesting another writer may have even been approached before the project left Fox’s hands), and seemingly had to wait until a space cleared in the ever-so-busy calendar of producer, Woo. (The studio even tried to coax Woo into directing at one stage).

Though the studio can’t confirm, there were believed to be several actors being looked at for the role of the Battle-Cat rider: Paul Walker, Triple H, Chris Showerman and Matthew Davis.

Mattel may still be interested in making a “He-Man” film – and it may still involve Woo’s company, LionsRock – but the book’s now closed on this incarnation.

Awful, awful news.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Wow that sux. They make it sound so dirty.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Lycan
    Mattel may still be interested..
    That seems unlikely but who knows
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I still think our only hope are the Transformers!
    If the movie is successful, Mattel may get envious!

Heroic Warrior
    i say it's good news. it didn't feel like they were going in the right direction anyway. as long as a fanbase exists, the chance for a movie still does too...with time hopefully they can learn from the successes and failures of other properties and make a great film.

It's disappointing that all this time was wasted with Fox 2000, when it always seemed like they really weren't all that into the project. (Except for maybe at the very beginning when the news was first announced)

I hope Mattel see the huge potential with a He-Man film and go with another studio and make tons of money on it!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post

True...but I saw the trailer...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    oh that's sad! Hopefully Mattel or another studio still want to do a MOTU movie.

Lycan
    As rightly they should be
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I'm not really sad about this. I think making a MOTU movie would be a disater, just look at whats going on with the Transformers movie. Keep in mind the purpose of the studio is to make money and not please the fans of MOTU. I don't think any director could give the fans what they want to see while trying to capitilize on all the revenue, in other words there would be major changes in the movie that some folks would not be happy with.
    If the right company got the rights it could be a good movie but just take a look at whats come out of hollywood lately. I think the movie would be closer to The Hulk rather than Batman Begins.

But hey I've been wrong before.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Yeah, here's hoping Transformers makes some big money.
    Which I think it will. I'm not saying it's gonna be any good but it's sure to make some big money.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Is anyone really surprised about this? It's not as if that project ever was in any kind of advanced development. It rather feels to me as if they finally shut down the machines of someone who's been braindead for years.

And yet this is the same society that's willing to create not just one but three freakin' Smurf movies...

Hey Everyone,

While I am not surprised, I am very sad. I really would love a "MotU" movie even if it did have changes to the property. I guess that I can not let go of "MotU". I do hope that the Transformers movie makes money. Because, that could make Mattel determined to do something with the "MotU" property.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    In a way it is probably good. While I hate to judge a script I haven't read, I am not impressed at all with Adam Rifkin's other movies. He is writing "Underdog" so I will be interested to see how faithful that is.

I agree with Emiliano, the Transformers movie is going to be looked at to judge how other 80s cartoon properties will perform. Just like how Spider-Man made us suffer through things like The Punisher and Daredevil (no offense to fans who enjoyed those two movies).

Personally, I feel that the Transformers movie will make a lot of buck but the movie and story will not be that good at all. So, hopefully, if we do get a live action He-Man movie they get someone like Larry DiTillio to co-write the screenplay.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 57 - SDCC 2015 Coverage of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

I don't feel any good in bringing the bad news, but we knew this was coming sooner or later.

Fox2000 no longer has the Power of Grayskull

Source: Moviehole
    More crushing news for those who have been fretfully waiting the golden-haired swordsman’s exultant return to cinemas – he might not be. Yup, seems Fox2000’s proposed film version of “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” may have gone the way of “Batman Vs. Superman”, “Broadway Brawler” and “The Crusades” – swallowed by a black hole with an appetite for languishing film projects. It seems the film version of the popular 80s toon is essentially dead.

Executive Producer Rodney Ferrell (“Flicka”), of Fox2000 pics, tells Moviehole that they’ve just literally just wiped their hands clean of the property.

“This was a project set up at Fox”, begins Ferrell, “but in the recent months we gave the project back to Mattel and are no longer involved”.

The film had John Woo attached as a producer and Adam Rifkin (“Underdog”) attached as the writer. Fox2000 were set to produce and distribute the movie.

Its been a long and tumultuous journey for the “He-Man” pic – its been delayed multiple times, has seen several writers come and go (They were unsure about Rifkin’s script too – suggesting another writer may have even been approached before the project left Fox’s hands), and seemingly had to wait until a space cleared in the ever-so-busy calendar of producer, Woo. (The studio even tried to coax Woo into directing at one stage).

Though the studio can’t confirm, there were believed to be several actors being looked at for the role of the Battle-Cat rider: Paul Walker, Triple H, Chris Showerman and Matthew Davis.

Mattel may still be interested in making a “He-Man” film – and it may still involve Woo’s company, LionsRock – but the book’s now closed on this incarnation.
    You know, I don't feel upset about this in the least. I never thought John Woo doing He-Man was a good idea. And if Mattel now has the rights back to do a movie, maybe somebody a little more interesting will get a hold of this project and bring it to fruition.

I don't know Adam personally, and maybe he was gunning for something for a wide audience on a different vibe than we fans are used to, but I heard from multiple sources from different places that the script wasn't very good.
    So it's probably for the best it didn't happen.

Why Rifkin anyways? He creditials are rubbish!

Who pickes these people?!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Why Rifkin anyways? He creditials are rubbish!

Who pickes these people?!
    Folks who wanna save money they'd have to spend for better writers?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I agree, I've not been sold at all on the names that were thrown around for this flick anyway.
    I'm gonna agree that this was for the best.

Besides... They really just need to get folks that look good in the FourHorsemen designs. The movie look and feel is already set with what the fab four have already established!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Besides... They really just need to get folks that look good in the FourHorsemen designs. The movie look and feel is already set with what the fab four have already established!
    One would hope they would use the 4HM as a starting point but just like Transformers, Michael Bay made his own brand new robots.

I wonder what really happend though? Mattel being difficult,? too many cooks?
    www.eamonart.com

GR81 says:

booooooooooooo
    If i had a sad Jib Jib face, i would put it as my avatar
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

I think everyone saw this coming. Not terribly disapointed, but I hope a movie gets done eventually.

What I'm hoping for now is that the script gets released. At least we might get something out of all this. I guess when we do get to read that, we'll really decide how we feel about today's news.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Larry Ditillio needs to be involved in a MotU movie if Mattel wants it to be pleasing to the fans, and pleasing to non-fans. I think Larry could do that.

A little sad to see this die out, but not surprised and hope that Mattel will resurrect the project with other people in charge.

And yes, the 4H designs are what should be used. They are perfect.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }