Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING/POWER-CON: Mattel confirms more comics coming

BREAKING/POWER-CON: Mattel confirms more comics coming

Minutes ago in a comics panel at Power-Con, Rob David from Mattel confirmed more comics are coming for Masters of the Universe. Will most likely be a story that takes place this time on Etheria.

Yaaaaaaaaas!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlor View Post
    Minutes ago in a comics panel at Power-Con, Rob David from Mattel confirmed more comics are coming for Masters of the Universe. Will most likely be a story that takes place this time on Etheria.
    So no He-Man comic?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    So no He-Man comic?
    No specifics. Rob merely stated he has a She-Ra story in mind that he would like to tell at some point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    No specifics. Rob merely stated he has a She-Ra story in mind that he would like to tell at some point.
    Thanks again Kesmai. So basically we have only the confirm that the DC MOTU comics will continue. But no further details.

Heroic Warrior
    Video of the MOTU DC Comics panel curtesy of Nerds on a Couch: https://www.facebook.com/Nerdsoac/

Heroic Warrior
    Video of the MOTU DC Comics panel curtesy of Nerds on a Couch: https://www.facebook.com/Nerdsoac/
    Thanks again Kesmai for the video!

And Orko is returning!!!!

I have the feeling that they are heading for two comics, one for each Twin!

Come on Mattel and DC let's explore further and with more details the MOTU Universe!

At any case the DC MOTUverse is heading to be the longhest MOTU run (in terms of longevity)!
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 5, 2016 at 03:50pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's hope for a MOTU DC Comic Solicitation and/or press release this month.

Heroic Warrior
    Let's hope for a MOTU DC Comic Solicitation and/or press release this month.
    Yes, it has to be. DC is in the middle of their new DC Rebirth massive relaunch, their major titles aleady have been introduced (including their Hanna Barbera's books). MOTU has to be next!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, it has to be. DC is in the middle of their new DC Rebirth massive relaunch, their major titles aleady have been introduced (including their Hanna Barbera's books). MOTU has to be next!
    Yes sir!

Next month during SDCC is another possibility if nothing is revealed this month.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes sir!

Next month during SDCC is another possibility if nothing is revealed this month.
    Indeed! I only hope that they will not go at November for the release of the first issue, because of the upcoming massive Marvel's relaunch (they are doing this every year) that will come during this period. A bit earlier would be perfect.

Ah and Dan Abnett became a DC Exclusive writer, so....
    Last edited by granamyr80; June 5, 2016 at 06:47pm.

This is great news! I'm so looking forward to some more stories set in the world of MOTU!

Eternia, Etheria, Primus . . . heck, give me some cool stuff with characters I know that takes place on the Prison Star and I'll be on board!

Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Very good news. Was worried there for a moment.

So no He-Man comic?
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    So no He-Man comic?
    Thanks again Kesmai. So basically we have only the confirm that the DC MOTU comics will continue. But no further details.
    That's the impression I got after re-watching the video

Excellent news these are continuing
    Hopefully they'll use character designs based on the Classics designs.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    I hope that Dave Wilkins will be back to do THE covers!

His prints at Power-Con were.... well INCREDIBLE!!!

I hope that Dave Wilkins will be back to do THE covers!

His prints at Power-Con were.... well INCREDIBLE!!!

http://pre11.deviantart.net/5845/th/...ns-da4n4it.jpg
    Yeah they should use designs like in that print! They are amazing! Modernized versions of the Classic designs, not total redesigns. Just don't let Mettel do the designs internally or we'll end up with horrible designs that feel nothing like MOTU just like we got in the last DC series and the exploratory art in the art book
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

More comics are good no matter who's featured. It keeps the brand out there, and as long as it's good art and writing it'll carry itself.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    With ThunderCats figures coming to MattyCollector this September, this seems like a primetime opportunity to do a comic book crossover mini-series between MOTU and ThunderCats published by DC Comics. (with Mattel and Warner Bros/DC Comics already having established partnerships with figures and comics) Advertisements for MattyCollector ThunderCats and MOTU could be placed in the comic mini-series crossover as well. How feasible is this to happen?
    So I've suggested this question twice for WTFWTK since February 5th but unfortunately it hasn't been picked. It would be cool if it happens someday. Perfect timing with the TC toy line starting by MattyCollector in September.

It was revealed Val tried to make this happen with Jim Lee and WildStorm/DC back when he was doing the He-Man comic in 2003/2004 (also when there were ThunderCats comics being published 2003/2004 - who had their own crossover with Superman and Battle of the Planets - the non-crossovers were dark, controversial and I was not a fan, however). However the deal fell apart and never came to fruition beyond initial verbal negotiations as I understand it.
    Last edited by Kesmai; June 10, 2016 at 12:48pm.

So happy to hear this!! Have been eagerly awaiting news for a confirmation of the DC series since Eternity War 15.

We need an in depth Jukka interview with Rob about the future of their comics plans.
    Put the Image/MVCreations comics on Comixology please!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth2099 View Post
    We need an in depth Jukka interview with Rob about the future of their comics plans.
    Rob David has been reluctant to talk about details of the future comic until there has been an official announcement. I'm sure once there has, he may be willing to answer some questions to a certain extent. Jukka has a 'work in progress' 3rd interview with him to go over the whole of the Eternity War series and maybe answer some lingering questions from other previous MOTU series. The last interview with Rob came the same month as Eternity War issue # 1.

My bets are on SDCC for an announcement of some kind. Rob is more than willing to go into details after releases but he keeps his cards very close to his chest otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Pop Mhan has commented that he is not involved in whatever the new series is to be. Dan Abnett has not responded.
    Last edited by Kesmai; July 6, 2016 at 07:36am.

Heroic Warrior
    Rob David has been reluctant to talk about details of the future comic until there has been an official announcement. I'm sure once there has, he may be willing to answer some questions to a certain extent. Jukka has a 'work in progress' 3rd interview with him to go over the whole of the Eternity War series and maybe answer some lingering questions from other previous MOTU series. The last interview with Rob came the same month as Eternity War issue # 1.

My bets are on SDCC for an announcement of some kind. Rob is more than willing to go into details after releases but he keeps his cards very close to his chest otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Pop Mhan has commented that he is not involved in whatever the new series is to be. Dan Abnett has not responded.
    Yes that's true.

Add to the mix, that DC doesn't reveal much about their Rebirth titles, until their announcement. For example Supersons have been announced, and not much else has been revealed about them.

Also DC's relaunch is going on at waves, The first wave has been the Hanna Barbera titles, then the main Rebirth titles, and after them the "Beyond the DCU" comics (which i presume is the wave that will include the MOTU comic). Last Friday they started to announce the new series for October, so yes i believe that with the SDCC we will have a better picture.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 6, 2016 at 08:20am.

Cool, thanks for the responses guys.
    Put the Image/MVCreations comics on Comixology please!