Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU powers up Loot Crate for May 2016!

MOTU powers up Loot Crate for May 2016!

Loot Crate's subscription box for this May is themed "Power!" It will include something Masters of the Universe related, along with product from the Marvel and Street Fighter brands.

There's 19 days left from today to subscribe so you don't miss out on this Loot Crate surprise assortment! Click here for subscription details

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

I think I'l misssing it, but I don't see anything about MOTU on their site.

It shows World of Warcraft instead of MOTU.

It will most likely be a disappointment.
    They did a big FANTASY crate last year and let me just say it was HORRIBLE. What could have been awesome was just sad in my opinion.
    One of the items included was a bow tie....in a FANTASY themed box. The best thing in it was a set of playing cards themed like Princess bride.

It looks like Masters is in the delux box which is $45.

https://www.lootcrate.com/subscription-crates/lcdx

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I think I'l misssing it, but I don't see anything about MOTU on their site.

It shows World of Warcraft instead of MOTU.
    Info straight from Loot Crate:

The MOTU item is in the "Loot Crate DX crate." It's the more deluxe crate than the original. You can sign up for one month. Link for the DX.

A few hints about the mystery crate.
    1. Of the five to six items included, you will get ONE MOTU item.
    2. You will need to supply your size.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

I say it's a a SUPER 7 motu figure !!!

Just a guess

FYI.
    You can NOT sign up for 1 month. Read the fine print. It auto renews every month if you don't cancel it. And the kicker (unless it's changed) you have to send them an email to cancel. No unsubscribe button anywhere on the site. you will have to dig around and find it.

Heroic Warrior
    My nephew said he seen something on fb about motu. So I looked it up, finally found this.. after I read subscription I said forget it.. but, just seen you can do a month.. but after reading that it will continue if you don't cancel it just ruined that. I'm curious to see what the item is, and I doubt it's 45 dollars worth..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    FYI.
    You can NOT sign up for 1 month. Read the fine print. It auto renews every month if you don't cancel it. And the kicker (unless it's changed) you have to send them an email to cancel. No unsubscribe button anywhere on the site. you will have to dig around and find it.
    Good call cringee

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Intriguing.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    FYI.
    Good call cringee

I signed up for one month, why did I get billed again?

All of our subscriptions are automatically renewed until you request to cancel with one of our agents or you click the cancellation button located in your user account.

To cancel via your user account, all you need to do is log in on Lootcrate.com, and click the section labeled "Payment Info," which you can see in the example below. Click on the "Cancel Subscription" button and follow the steps.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

All of our subscriptions are automatically renewed until you request to cancel with one of our agents or you click the cancellation button located in your user account.

To cancel via your user account, all you need to do is log in on Lootcrate.com, and click the section labeled "Payment Info," which you can see in the example below. Click on the "Cancel Subscription" button and follow the steps.

https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/...on_Boxes_5.png
    That's good to know as well.. one thing aside from that is, I'd be paying 45 for one motu item that is most likely a shirt. I'm intrigued to try it, but don't wanna be upset with getting a shirt for that price. Wow means nada to me, and same with marvel.

- - - Updated - - -

Or street fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

https://help.lootcrate.com/hc/en-us/...on_Boxes_5.png

Thats awesome that they added that in. But that was NOT NOT the way it was before. I had to call the 800 support number just to find out the address, to send the email, to cancel my sub last time. But that was a while ago and they have gotten a lot of negative feedback over it. So it makes sense that they would have made it simpler to do.

I simply DO NOT understand this blind box craze. If I was a child, this would be fun. Like grab bags at school fairs. But as an adult living in an on demand society, I am completely boggled by how these companies exist. Who actually likes subscribing blind to get random T-shirts and figures? This isn't like blind subbing to MOTUC subs not knowing the characters, cuz at least you are collecting a line. These Blind Box's can contain anything! No rhyme or reason, just geek crap. Who on earth wants to spend $250+ a year getting unknown crap. I hear these companies are now revealing the items to drum up sales, which makes sense. I think this would lose its charm rather quickly after the first or second box. My 2 cents.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I simply DO NOT understand this blind box craze. If I was a child, this would be fun. Like grab bags at school fairs. But as an adult living in an on demand society, I am completely boggled by how these companies exist. Who actually likes subscribing blind to get random T-shirts and figures? This isn't like blind subbing to MOTUC subs not knowing the characters, cuz at least you are collecting a line. These Blind Box's can contain anything! No rhyme or reason, just geek crap. Who on earth wants to spend $250+ a year getting unknown crap. I hear these companies are now revealing the items to drum up sales, which makes sense. I think this would lose its charm rather quickly after the first or second box. My 2 cents.
    i do the basic crate..I dig it very much!

i dont mind dropping 25 per month for some surprises, at least i know im getting a t shirt. Thats worth it ..for me anyways.
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; May 2, 2016 at 03:19pm.
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Yup, I would never sign up for anything like this with my own money. If I am going to spend any money, I want to know what I am getting and make sure I like it.

Now, someone else signed me up for LootCrate and I can honestly say I am glad I didn't pay for it myself. Last month there was a Star Trek shirt, an Alien PopVinyl figure, a Harley Quinn comic book and a Daredevil/Punisher reversible wool beanie among other things. This month I got a Labyrinth shirt, a 20 sided die ice mold, a horn drinking flask and a souvenir pin. I mean, you do get more than $25 worth of stuff but I'd rather keep my $25 to spend on stuff I really want rather than random items I have no real interest in.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 4, 2016 at 11:55am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Buried where neither man nor demon would want to look
    Easy pass.

If the t-shirt looks cool, I'll just buy it off eBay from one of the many subscribers trying to flip that month's contents to get back some of their $45.
    It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yup, I would never sign up for anything like this with my on money. If I am going to spend any money, I want to know what I am getting and make sure I like it.

Now, someone else signed me up for LootCrate and I can honestly say I am glad I didn't pay for it myself. Last month there was a Star Trek shirt, an Alien PopVinyl figure, a Harley Quinn comic book and a Daredevil/Punisher reversible wool beanie among other things. This month I got a Labyrinth shirt, a 20 sided die ice mold, a horn drinking flask and a souvenir pin. I mean, you do get more than $25 worth of stuff but I'd rather keep my $25 to spend on stuff I really want rather than random items I have no real interest in.
    To each their own. I'm definitely a picky dude. None of that stuff I would care to own. As for T-shirts, that is one thing I pride myself on. My goal is to get at least 1 compliment a day on my shirt and more often than not, I'll surpass that. Every T-shirt I own I picked for a reason. Each one supports something I love or cracks a joke I think is funny. I would never wear a T-shirt just cuz I got it for free. And at the end of the day, $250 buys me a great single malt that I'd enjoy infinitely more and a lot longer than the joy of getting a surprise or two in the mail once a month.

But again, if this is your thing, go for it. I just hope Matty never decides to throw an exclusive this way!
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

loot crate=junk box
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I signed up for a three month sub last year after watching PD review them on youtube, but, it wasn't worth the money as I didn't follow most of the lines, it was, however, handy for secret santa etc.

Funnily enough, one of the reasons I gave for cancelling was the lack of MOTU. But I'll just wait and see what the item is and perhaps, buy it off ebay.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Loot Crate May 2016 Power sub.

Did anyone purchase the Loot Crate for May 2016 themed "Power"? They advertised for an item of Marvel, Street Fighter and Masters of the Universe. My box arrived today and I got a few Marvel products, Dragon Ball Z, and World of Warcraft, but no MotU or Street Fighter. I am very upset, as is obvious MotU is the only reason I bought it. This was my first and last time ordering from them.

loot-crate-dx-may-2016-box-spoilers.jpg

Update: Turns out I ordered the normal Loot Crate and not the DX, so be warned.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; May 19, 2016 at 10:45pm.

The DX one is still available. It says it includes a pow Stan Lee button, a die cast figure, and two wearables in it. I'm thinking by those clues there is a Masters short or hoodie in it. Last month's had a pretty cool hoodie.

I did LootCrate for quite awhile but I got tired of trying to get rid of the stuff I didn't want. I just cherry pick on eBay for the few things I really want now. The LVL UP packs are less of a gamble as there is only one or two items and you can see what brand will be featured. Since MOTU was in the socks and tee LVL UP packs, I went ahead and got those.

Just got the Power loot crate. Had nothing Masters of the Universe related in mine. Really disappointed is an understatement. I bought it because the front page ad said that something MOTU would be included. 20160521_140823 2.jpg
    I blurred out the contents so not to spoil it for anyone who still likes the surprise of what's inside, but if needed I can tell you via private message what was included with the unaltered pic. Would like to hear from anyone else that got the Power crate if the same happened to them.

Edit: just saw it had to be the DX crate. pff...
    Last edited by ZvedaFire; May 21, 2016 at 02:21pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That sucks for both of you guys..