CURRENT MAXI-SERIES

Issue #14 *Penultimate Issue
    "Part Fourteen: Death Eternal"

Script: Dan Abnett
    Art: Pop Mhan
    Colour: Mark Roberts
    Cover: Szymon Kudranski
    Story: Rob David

This is it! The penultimate issue of the Eternity War—and "Masters of the Universe" will never be the same! As Eternia crumbles, it's Master vs. Master, He-Man vs. Skeletor—with all new powers at their command—fighting for control over Castle Grayskull and ultimate power! In the end, winner takes all! Who will become…the Master of the Universe??

SPOILERS!

Get your copy from a local comicbook shop or digitally from ComiXology!

Some intense moments in the issue!

And "Hey I remember a Sword Opening from 200x!" moment.

THIS.

I. LOVED. THIS. MOMENT.... hands down. The Twins always get me when there's a mutual "Power-moment"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Those are some great scenes and lots of cameos used and unused previously!

I am disappointed that Skeletor's forged weapon is fused to his body and not something he is wielding in his hand (like a scythe).

Wait so Mantenna is alive (where was he hiding)? Who's side is he fighting on? Or is he miscolored and supposed to be a dead spirit?
    AWESOME issue Definitely in my top 3 for Eternity War series and most action packed!

- Loved She-Ra finally having some success. Rematch and defeat of Hordak (while using her classic sword design). Also destroying the Eyes of Grayskull.

- Cameo and confirmation of Sir Laser Lots death

Very good issue. If McG can match or exceed this story, then we'll be in good hands for years to come.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    With the Snake Men eradicated, Teela is back to her normal mortal self. A shame Duncan had to die to keep her among the living.

Evil-Lyn was whisked away by ghost Zoar.

Sir Laser Lot must have died of starvation in Snake Mountain's dungeons. He's been there since issue #0!

The new Castle Grayskull emerges. But there's no Sorceress...

I guess we have a visual confirmation of all of the dead characters in the New 52 MOTUverse. Skeletor is dead. Hordak is dead. King Hsss is dead. Randor is dead. Duncan is dead. Sorceress is dead. The way things are going with this series, DC should make an all new MOTU series using the original elements and designs.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Wait so Mantenna is alive (where was he hiding)? Who's side is he fighting on? Or is he miscolored and supposed to be a dead spirit?
    Going back Mantenna's last appearance I believe was in issue #2 in battle against He-Man and the Snake Men.

Quick comment on He-Man's costume. The red and gold don't work for me - those aren't really He-Man colors (Flying Fists notwithstanding). He-Man actually works best when he's not too colorful. If they must give him a shirt, I think gray would work best. Make the harness straps silver, with a red H. Maybe orange and silver gauntlets rather than red and gold.

Even if they mess about with the design, I think sticking to his classic color scheme is important. He was always colored a bit like an X-Wing Fighter:

http://www.plasmainfusion.com/EFX%20Xwing%201.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Wow!!!

This was a worthy ending to one of the greatest MOTU sagas! Usually the comic book events nowdays, have the habit to begin strong and then the end don't exactly delivers. Glad to say that was not the case here.

I will not review it yet, for not spoiling it to the readers that haven't read it, but this issue was really good! The adrenaline and the stakes were rising continously at every single page. The fate of every soul, of each life in the Universe were depending from each minimal turn in this issue. A lot of strong moments for the characters (Duncan's and Teela's especially is heartbreaking), as they go through an inecredible struggle until the end! An end that only the Twins of Power could deliver!

I would keep the last line of Adam about Skeletor. Perhaps one of the best of the whole series! "I was his enemy. But he was never mine."

What comes next? Hard to tell. She-Ra still has a task apparently, as she revealed in this issue. For Adam and Teela i have no idea at this point. Next issue is the epilogue of the Eternity War. We 'll see if they are still plans for the future.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 27, 2016 at 07:04pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I thought the last few issues were great, but I was very disappointed Flutterina and Shadow Weaver did not make an appearance. Flutterina was mentioned by She-Ra as someone she murdered. Skeletor betrayed She-Ra and she was trapped in a dimension with all the souls Despara murdered. No Flutterina. This is even MORE tragic because in her first (and only) appearance, Flutterina never spoke and no one mentioned her name. New readers will have no idea who Flutterina even is. *sigh* The other name She-Ra mentioned...who was that?

Skeletor and She-Ra also spent almost an entire issue taking about Shadow Weaver, how important she was to them and how Hordak killed her. We didn't see her after all the souls Hordak collected were unleashed. I mean, there were some awesome cameos, but these two needed speaking parts. How heart wrenching would it be to have She-Ra see her "mother" as a twisted soul trying to kill her? She would have been Skeletor's Queen in death. So many unused possibilities.

I can't wait to read the final issue, though! I'm really sad it's ending.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 27, 2016 at 07:38pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I thought the last few issues were great, but I was very disappointed Flutterina and Shadow Weaver did not make an appearance. Flutterina was mentioned by She-Ra as someone she murdered. Skeletor betrayed She-Ra and she was trapped in a dimension with all the souls Despara murdered. No Flutterina. This is even MORE tragic because in her first (and only) appearance, Flutterina never spoke and no one mentioned her name. New readers will have no idea who Flutterina even is. *sigh* The other name She-Ra mentioned...who was that?

Skeletor and She-Ra also spent almost an entire issue taking about Shadow Weaver, how important she was to them and how Hordak killed her. We didn't see her after all the souls Hordak collected were unleashed. I mean, there were some awesome cameos, but these two needed speaking parts. How heart wrenching would it be to have She-Ra see her "mother" as a twisted soul trying to kill her? She would have been Skeletor's Queen in death. So many unused possibilities.
    I believe that Flutterina and Shadow Weaver haven't been brought here for two reasons in my opinion. First because in this final battle was more proper and long waited to have She-Ra facing and defeat her archenemy Hordak. And the other reason is that as She-Ra said ("attention spoilers ahead"), she has a task to accomplish yet. Return on Etheria, find the Crystall Castle and Light Hope and restore the planet and the souls that Hordak enslaved. Which probably means that Flutterina and perhaps Shadow Weaver are still hold in Hordak's Vault of Souls (remember that Skeletor didn't free all the souls from the Vault) .

Heroic Warrior
    Also this marks the 50th issue (total) of this continuity starting in June 2012 with the digital series.

EDIT: 56th issue including the crossover with DC Universe (forgot that one when totaling originally)
    Last edited by Kesmai; January 28, 2016 at 11:00am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Also this marks the 50th issue (total) of this continuity starting in June 2012 with the digital series.
    How fitting. The next issue might be like a whole issue epilogue.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    You mean ignoring completely the DCU vs MOTU events that occured during Ongoing story-arcs?

Who is the guy next to the left of Karatti? and why were Vykron and sir laser lot predecessors of he-man, wundar and hero i get, but those 2 were never "he-man" ( always thought vykron should have been though)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Who is the guy next to the left of Karatti? and why were Vykron and sir laser lot predecessors of he-man, wundar and hero i get, but those 2 were never "he-man" ( always thought vykron should have been though)
    I believe that Skeletor, later said not only "predecessors" but also "how many warriors have risen up over the years as Masters of the Universe, for protecting Grayskull". So this term include also Vykron and Laser-Lot as well.

Wow! I really liked this issue. I've liked the whole series, really. Much prefer this version of Man at Arms's demise. Going out a hero and sacrificing his life for Teela is much more "Duncan" than turning into an evil snake. I also loved how much She-ra got to do in this issue. It was awesome that she got another crack at Hordak and that she and He-man both had huge and integral parts to play in the final battle. The whole feel of this issue was...epic. Very cool how all the vanquished souls came back too. I've loved all of the cameos, easter eggs etc. that we've gotten throughout. I'm sorry to see it end, and I really hope there's something else coming soon. A mini-series set on Etheria with She-ra righting Despara's wrongs and coming into contact with the Great Rebellion would be awesome!

I'm super bummed that it might be coming to an end. This ride has been fantastic, and I think this issue might have been the icing on the cake!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I believe that is Eldor next to Karatti.

Skeletor said "predecessors" and "betters" in his taunt. If they weren't a predecessor than a better warrior than He-Man is what I deduced from Skeletor's s words.

- - - Updated - - -

From Pop Mhan's Facebook post...

"B-sides! This is the uncorrected version of the page I posted yesterday. As is a common trait with epic war scenes, sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the characters to highlight and I'll draw the wrong characters from what the script calls for. Or forget to include elements of the story in the page or panel. Kudos to Mattel for keeping me honest! I really love the production support I get on this book.
    Maybe I'll post more of these so you can see all of the mistakes I've made along the way to the finished product. There were LOTS.
    Don't forget to pick up He-man: Eternity War #14, of which the corrected version of this page appears! It's an Epically Epic, Epic. Yeah!"

image.jpg

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Yeah.

I hope Pop can also post the unedited version to Page 3.
    (there are couple changed characters there too)

"B-sides! This is the uncorrected version of the page I posted yesterday. As is a common trait with epic war scenes, sometimes it's hard to keep track of all the characters to highlight and I'll draw the wrong characters from what the script calls for. Or forget to include elements of the story in the page or panel. Kudos to Mattel for keeping me honest! I really love the production support I get on this book.
    Maybe I'll post more of these so you can see all of the mistakes I've made along the way to the finished product. There were LOTS.

Don't forget to pick up He-man: Eternity War #14, of which the corrected version of this page appears! It's an Epically Epic, Epic. Yeah!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yeah.

I hope Pop can also post the unedited version to Page 3.
    (there are couple changed characters there too)
    What are your thoughts on Mantenna? I get the feeling he was miscolored and is supposed to be among the blue dead spirits.

Heroic Warrior

Skeletor said "predecessors" and "betters" in his taunt. If they weren't a predecessor than a better warrior than He-Man is what I deduced from Skeletor's s words.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
    This is really great! Thanks for sharing Kesmai, and big thanks again to Pop Mhan!

I can see that there are some differences, mainly the helmet of He-Man, and also some different additional Easter Eggs, a female Avion, two Calligars, and what seems to be one of the monsters from the Obelisk mini comic! Really cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    This is really great! Thanks for sharing Kesmai, and big thanks again to Pop Mhan!

I can see that there are some differences, mainly the helmet of He-Man, and also some different additional Easter Eggs, a female Avion, two Calligars, and what seems to be one of the monsters from the Obelisk mini comic! Really cool!
    And here I was thinking that was Stratos, but he's had a mask recently and this avion appears to have long hair in the back...so maybe Hawke from 200X?

Heroic Warrior
    And here I was thinking that was Stratos, but he's had a mask recently and this avion appears to have long hair in the back...so maybe Hawke from 200X?
    Yes, DC Stratos wears from the previous ongoing a different more hi tech armor and didn't have that look, even before he changed to his current outfit (for example DC Stratos's wings have a more "blade like" form, instead of the usual Avion feathered winged arms). The Avion's mask in this drawing and the "glasses" are also appear more female looking and reminds me kind those of Delora, but she could be just an unkown female warrior. Remember that Vultak has said at Stratos during their battle at issue #3 the he have killed 6 Avion warriors.

This is how DC's Stratos looked before he adopted the current masked fully armor. The Artwork is always created by Pop Mhan:

He is quite different and more muscular from the Avion presented here.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 28, 2016 at 04:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The way things are going with this series, DC should make an all new MOTU series using the original elements and designs.
    Agreed, though that's probably what most of us wanted from the get-go.

So is that the last issue?
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So is that the last issue?
    Issue #15 next month will be last issue to end Eternity War's storyarc.

Widget
    I had really high expectations for this issue. The final confrontation between the He-Man and Skeletor. Couldn’t wait to swipe through this issue. After reading it, I’m a bit disappointed.
    Skeletor looked like the winner of this final war since the very first page and it seemed that He-Man doesn’t really have a gameplan. But all oft he sudden „Well… you know, I have the power and I am the master of eternity.“ Skeletor’s chest meets the Sword of Power aaaaand cut. The war is over and it felt liked it didn’t even start. Everything what has been set up in this issue came to an end within a few panels. No twists, Skeletor didn’t even have a chance to rear up.

Altough I reaaaaaaaally love the complete saga, DC-canon (it’s so epic that I guess it can work form me as THE official canon), the storylines and the arts (Pop ist a genius!) there is something what really bothers me:
    The designs of He-Man and Skeletor. I know that things have to be changed in order to keep beeing interesting. I buy that. But the looks of these two have nothing to do with MOTU. I’m pretty confident, that a friend, who was also into MOTU as a kid, would not recognize these two characters as He-Man and Skeletor, if I’d show them to him. And He-Man in this issue? Is this really the hero from my childhood or took some random kind of Iron Man dude the wrong exit? When I looked at the b/w picture a few posts earlier on which He-Man does not wear the helmet (He-Man and a helmet? Come on...) the first thing what came to my mind was „Nice tribute to the Ultimate Warrior from WWF/E.“

For comparison: the design of She-Ra is just awesome. She’s still recognizable although she has a modern approach. Why does she look incredible? Because she still hast he classic look. We had the same with He-Man before he first transferred after he forged a new sword. The swords… it’s exactly the same thing. They newly forged swords have nothing to do whith the ones we know. They do not fit them, they do not fit to MOTU. These designs may work perfectly for other franchises but not for MOTU (at least not for me).

Changes ARE good – up to a certain level. It would have been the icing on the cake, if they would have sticked to the classic designs and made only some minor adjustments.