Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock

Widget
    Hi everyone. Im really excited about this. Its like being a kid in a candy store.

Just to answer a few questions:

- These will more than likely only be sold through our new webstore thats currently being built, so if you are interested in being on the newsletter for our MOTU statue news please shoot an email to PCSToys@aol.com with 'MOTU Newsletter' in the subject line. The webstore is targeted to go live in February and He-Man (of course) will be the first statue.

- Our new webstore will offer payment plans so you dont have to take the entire financial bite at once. Having said that we are working with our factories to get you the most affordable price possible. These are very big pieces so $325-350 is expected.

- As has been mentioned these are going to be Filmation style with a bit of extra detail, so they wont fit in with the gorgeous statues that NECA previously did. The styles are very different....that doesnt mean we dont have plans for something more 'realistic' down the road...

- As far as character selection do not expect Skeletor to be second. id like to mix things up a bit...and yes, you will absolutely see female characters.

- Im excited about hearing your input and I am already talking with He-Man.org about hosting some contests/giveaways.

^ Thanks for the post. Really looking forward to these. You guys produce great stuff!

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait for pics! I'm so glad "Style B" won!

I'm excited for these, and glad it is with a company that has a payment plan. I can not see them make multiple statues in one years time, but one or two a year will be doable for me. I have to save up for Grayskull and Horde Troopers and a new house to hold them all in, and living in San Diego, that is going to take a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCultureShockToys View Post
    - These will more than likely only be sold through our new webstore thats currently being built, so if you are interested in being on the newsletter for our MOTU statue news please shoot an email to PCSToys@aol.com with 'MOTU Newsletter' in the subject line. The webstore is targeted to go live in February and He-Man (of course) will be the first statue.
    Done. Thanks for the heads up on that Newsletter.

- Our new webstore will offer payment plans so you dont have to take the entire financial bite at once. Having said that we are working with our factories to get you the most affordable price possible. These are very big pieces so $325-350 is expected.
    Very awesome to hear of Payment Plan. I might consider that.

- As has been mentioned these are going to be Filmation style with a bit of extra detail, so they wont fit in with the gorgeous statues that NECA previously did. The styles are very different....that doesnt mean we dont have plans for something more 'realistic' down the road...
    Fantastic that B-STYLE won. Very excited.

- As far as character selection do not expect Skeletor to be second. id like to mix things up a bit...and yes, you will absolutely see female characters.
    Bring on Teela!!!!

- Im excited about hearing your input and I am already talking with He-Man.org about hosting some contests/giveaways.
    Can't wait!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Well, it's good to know I won't be getting these. I think the style blows.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Court Magician
    Hi Guys,

For everybody that isn't familiar with PCS, trust me, their statues are awesome.
    Very exited about this new motu line!

My PCS wall (excluding the T2 shotgun )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pleaaaassseee do 200x statues down the road. We need a Hordak and a 2-bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCultureShockToys View Post
    Hi everyone. Im really excited about this. Its like being a kid in a candy store.

Just to answer a few questions:

Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Great news, I'm glad these are coming out and am looking forward to seeing them, but if they're going with Style B then based on the sketches I think it will be a too Filmation and plain looking for me, I was hoping for C (or D). Glad for those people who were wanting that style though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Pleaaaassseee do 200x statues down the road. We need a Hordak and a 2-bad.
    I'd also love to see these as well but I don't think they could do them even if they wanted to. Mattel's veiw is that style is currently retired and as such probably wouldn't give licences or approval for that style.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd also love to see these as well but I don't think they could do them even if they wanted to. Mattel's veiw is that style is currently retired and as such probably wouldn't give licences or approval for that style.
    Well, DC is giving MotU an all new look and feel.... And Toy Guru said the unified look was only for the Classics line. So here's hoping for the best!
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

i think its great!! but too much money already for me....
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Didn't realize these were going to be so Filmation-based.

What a missed opportunity. Pass.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm more excited now that we have a payment plan. Not that a credit card isn't the same thing, but still, 350.00 would need to be split into two payments for me, as including these in my budget will go well beyond my 2013 plans. And Lego is dropping nice stuff too, sheesh, I need to give something up.

I measured my shelf room, and there's a foot and a half (little more) beyond the tallest NECA statue. And I for one can't wait to replace that He-Man. I still love Skele, Clawful, and especially Trap Jaw. Sorceress is okay, but He-Man could use an update. I like the size, the quality is pretty decent, but his hair and weapons have to go.

I just sent a newsletter request, Let's do this!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Didn't realize these were going to be so Filmation-based.

What a missed opportunity. Pass.
    Maybe for you! A lot of fans have been asking for Filmation statues for the longest time.

I know there will be folks who don't want that style, but we already had the detailed 200x NECA statues. We've never had Filmation based statues. I like what's shown in the voting for A, B and C. Personally I'd like it to be somewhere between B and C, but my guess it any concerns I have will fade once we see the sculpting bring it all to life.

As long as they aren't produced in a huge quantity, I think they'll do fine. Just based on what I remember with the NECA statues and how they did based on their production quantities, my opinion is 250 units is ideal for Filmation statues and 500 would really be pushing it.

Well, I voted for C. I don't mind a Filmation look, but their Mumm-Ra statue is exceptional, but it’s more stylised than a Filmation statue, I think. I just hope there's a little more detail than the B picture shown.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Maybe for you! A lot of fans have been asking for Filmation statues for the longest time.
    Missed opportunity meaning I don't think the design shown has enough detail to showcase a high-end collectible of that caliber. Based on that mock-up, something like that could just as easily be plastic.

But I guess I'll just never understand the insistence on the Filmation look translated to any other medium so faithfully, when those models look the way they do 100% for animation budgetary concerns, and for no other reason.

Would be nothing wrong with using the tone of the Filmation look as a jumping-off point, but if you're staying so close to the source, why the need for the bells-and-whistles treatment? I mean, these aren't 10" statues here, we're talking 1:4 scale!! Something that huge makes the lack of detail even more obvious.

Especially when they get to other characters I see them stretching credibility even further. I could see He-Man sword aloft and Skeletor on his throne, but beyond that I don't where there's a market.

It's just too bad Filmation designs couldn't stick to just muddying up the MOTUC line.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Agreed. Although I personally wish that PCS went with style A, I am ecstatic about this news! Finally, an (almost) accurate portrayal of Filmation He-Man in three-dimensions!!

Especially when they get to other characters I see them stretching credibility even further. I could see He-Man sword aloft and Skeletor on his throne, but beyond that I don't where there's a market.
    I'm pretty sure a Filmation-style Teela 1:4 statue would pre-sell out...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I don't think the design shown has enough detail to showcase a high-end collectable.

...those models look the way they do 100% for animation budgetary concerns, and for no other reason.

Would be nothing wrong with using the tone of the Filmation look as a jumping-off point...
    I'm thinking the same thing here. Filmation art was soooooo low budget. It got the job done wonderfully, and it made it easy for us as kids to replicate it down on paper when we were board in class, but it is just a translation into a medium. These could be better, and the sculptors could really add a lot, without too far removing them from the source. 2D artist have it easy, because lighting can brings a good bit of dynamic to the style, but there's only so much paint apps can do for something so plain and flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm pretty sure a Filmation-style Teela 1:4 statue would pre-sell out...
    I of course also agree with this one buh-zillion percent!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

For those who've signed up for POP Culture Shock Collectibles' newsletter, here is a snippet from the latest one:

Now onto the line many have been waiting for….He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. We are not quite ready to announce the first piece but we are getting close. If things go as planned you should be seeing the first teaser pics posted to our Facebook within two weeks…but things are rolling along and the second and third pieces are well into the sculpture phase !

If you haven't liked us on Facebook yet…please do ! Facebook.com/popcultureshockcollectibles

Was really hoping for style D or C but I guess its neat to see some Filmation love. However I am a bit worried when/if they get to characters whose Filmation designs left much to be desired... (or didn't even have a Filmation design)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    For those who've signed up for POP Culture Shock Collectibles' newsletter, here is a snippet from the latest one:
    Second and third pieces?!?!?

Awesome! I guess PCS feels that there is enough fan support/buyers to green-light new characters pretty early in advance...

I wonder, are these next two pieces (if they aren't He-Man) going to be done in (mostly) Filmation style as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Second and third pieces?!?!?

Awesome! I guess PCS feels that there is enough fan support/buyers to green-light new characters pretty early in advance...

I wonder, are these next two pieces (if they aren't He-Man) going to be done in (mostly) Filmation style as well?
    Well historically MOTU stuff sells constantly so maybe they have seen how well the other licensed products have sold the last year and decided to go ahead.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Just because they are sculpting the second and third statues doesn't mean they will actually get produced. I don't want to be pessimistic, but if He-man under-performs they could always cut their losses before they actually create any molds to mass produce the other statues that have been sculpted.

I really want to see this line do well and I will support it as long as I like the finished product. I am somewhat hesitant about the Filmation heavy style though. I think that would work well for a line of smaller animated maquettes at a more affordable price, but I don't want to pay $325-350 for a simplistic version of He-man. I want to see a high level of detail that matches what Sideshow, Gentle Giant, and PCS do with similarly priced statues. I think the PCS Lion-O and Mumm-ra are good examples of what I would like to see because they are instantly recognizable as those characters but feature a more realistic and less animated look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Just because they are sculpting the second and third statues doesn't mean they will actually get produced. I don't want to be pessimistic, but if He-man under-performs they could always cut their losses before they actually create any molds to mass produce the other statues that have been sculpted.
    This is very true, however, as markatisu has pointed out MOTU stuff really does perform well across many different mediums. The 200X statues all had a good run (although they were cheaper by comparison) and I feel confident that the PCS statues will sell quite admirably. Plus, it might be that the Filmation look is what hooks older fans of the show and prompts them to buy these pieces. I'm glad they took the Fimation-heavy route, and I am excited to see the fan reaction....

I liked the A and D design samples for different reasons. B seems like a natural choice, as A was simply too smooth and void of detail. Even their very cartoon inspired Thundercats pieces are definitely updated.

Still at the 350-$400 price point, these are not for me. I'd simply be terrified that during a move, or one of my crazy cats joyful romps about my place, it would take a spill and become a $400 pile of junk. At least when my stactions tumble, there is no damage.

I also dont feel like investing in a massive display case for things. Trying some minimalism in my life, not to horde more things.