Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock

Beastman looks great and would have been an instant IF I liked the He-Man statue.

The He-Man statue just looks so bad IMO that it just isn't worth starting a MOTU 1:4 statue line. Why buy Beastman or any other MOTU statue if you don't have He-Man?

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Beastman looks great and would have been an instant IF I liked the He-Man statue.

Why buy Beastman or any other MOTU statue if you don't have He-Man?
    I'm felling the same way. Not only am I not sold on how He-Man looks, but the scale plus pose makes him extremely large, so displaying him means you're all in. Beast Man looks so good though.

I almost feel like I could just collect the villains. But as soon as they made Teela I'd have to sneak her in the collection. And Sorceress. And, probably many others
    Last edited by Jawbridge; October 12, 2013 at 09:39am.

Teela is already being made. So is evil Lynn. They just don't have painted versions of them. Beastman looks awesome and totally worth the buy
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I'm felling the same way. Not only am I not sold on how He-Man looks, but the scale plus pose makes him extremely large, so displaying him means you're all in. Beast Man looks so good though.

I almost feel like I could just collect the villains. But as soon as they made Teela I'd have to sneak her in the collection. And Sorceress. And, probably many others

The He-Man statue just looks so bad IMO that it just isn't worth starting a MOTU 1:4 statue line. Why buy Beastman or any other MOTU statue if you don't have He-Man?

Explain to me why He-Man is bad in your opinion?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I think He-Man looks GREAT and I can't wait for him to arrive next year. I also hope I have the funds to pre-order Beast Man once he goes on sale.

I have a feeling I am going to want every statue that comes out, but not sure funds will allow it so I will probably have to pick and choose my favorites.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I still bought the He-Man statue, but I definitely felt the face looked off. The Beastman one looks way more spot-on to Filmation.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

To be blunt, I don't like the head sculpt which is the most important part of the piece. It just looks off. If you like it great. To me though, I can't see spending that much money on an item I'm not 100% satisfied with. I made that mistake before with a Sideshow piece and regretted it every time I looked at the statue.

I also don't like the way PCS's ordering system. If these were made available from online retailers like BBTS, I might preorder them knowing that I could always cancel the preorder if I change my mind. You can't do that though buying from PCS. Plus they make you pay a down payment.

When is the pre-order supposed to be up for beast man? I wonder what (if) the exclusive version will entail?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I still bought the He-Man statue, but I definitely felt the face looked off. The Beastman one looks way more spot-on to Filmation.
    I agree. Beastman screams Filmation. He-Man's face looks fine, but doesn't really look Filmation style.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    It's actually pretty dead on to the cel it's taken from but there lies the issue. This face is accurate to the cell but to a fault as when that was first drawn there was some perspective added to the face so to me it looks like they should been more aware of that.

I would've preferred more thicker hair too as it's a bit like a cloth now.

His anatomy though is bang on the money.

To be blunt, I don't like the head sculpt which is the most important part of the piece. It just looks off. If you like it great. To me though, I can't see spending that much money on an item I'm not 100% satisfied with. I made that mistake before with a Sideshow piece and regretted it every time I looked at the statue.
    Well you aren't going to be looking at his head much will you? Especially from a downward angle. From every other angle this thing is spot on and totally screen accurate.
    www.eamonart.com

From every other angle this thing is spot on and totally screen accurate.
    Disagree.

Defend it all you want but you won't convince me to change my mind.

The sculpt is off and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I refuse to waste $300+ on an inferior product.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you aren't going to be looking at his head much will you?
    Of course not. I'll only be looking at his feet.

Disagree.

Defend it all you want but you won't convince me to change my mind.

The sculpt is off and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I refuse to waste $300+ on an inferior product.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. I'll only be looking at his feet.

I just asked why you think 'the sculpt is off'. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy it. Just trying to have a discussion is all.
    www.eamonart.com

I think it depends on the angle in which you look at the statue. From pictures I've seen, some angles look more spot-on than others. I still think it's an amazing piece even if the face might be a little less than 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I think it depends on the angle in which you look at the statue. From pictures I've seen, some angles look more spot-on than others. I still think it's an amazing piece even if the face might be a little less than 100%.

Yes, I totally agree. Who will be looking at this face down? It will always be looked at from a low angle.
    You would have to be a bit of a bonehead to judge it purely on an angle you will never ever look at it from.
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Teela is already being made. So is evil Lynn. They just don't have painted versions of them. Beastman looks awesome and totally worth the buy
    I'm going to look for these! I'll get back once I find them, thanks for the tip!

Sorry for the late reply. I forget to come into the vintage thread these days.

I of course didn't say "bad", just that I wasn't sold on him. I think for what it is, it's not bad at all, just not amazing to the point I'm inspired to buy. It's very tall. I wish he was in the pose where the sword was in front of him with his mouth open. This pose, while iconic for sure, means I'd have to display him low to enjoy it fully. I tend to put things of this size up on shelves, so he would be looking away from me to the ceiling. The jaw bridge looks a little small, and even though I understand it's just a base, and not representative of the actual door, it throws me off a bit. Other wise the style of the door looks very nice. And finally the flat of the paint doesn't look good in this skin tone to me personally. One major problem I had with the 200X He-Man, once I got past other glaring issues.

The beastman colors look soooo great. The face expression looks amazing. And the base and pose unite as a tight unit that really bring the scene together imo. I have zero complaints about Beastman, except if we're going Filmation, paint the base in a hand-painted-background-cell look. Brighter colors, more visa;e paint applications, BUT the paint on the base does look good!
    Last edited by Jawbridge; October 17, 2013 at 10:25am.

I'm going to look for these! I'll get back once I find them, thanks for the tip!

Sorry for the late reply. I forget to come into the vintage thread these days.

I of course didn't say "bad", just that I wasn't sold on him. I think for what it is, it's not bad at all, just not amazing to the point I'm inspired to buy. It's very tall. I wish he was in the pose where the sword was in front of him with his mouth open. This pose, while iconic for sure, means I'd have to display him low to enjoy it fully. I tend to put things of this size up on shelves, so he would be looking away from me to the ceiling. The jaw bridge looks a little small, and even though I understand it's just a base, and not representative of the actual door, it throws me off a bit. Other wise the style of the door looks very nice. And finally the flat of the paint doesn't look good in this skin tone to me personally. One major problem I had with the 200X He-Man, once I got past other glaring issues.

The beastman colors look soooo great. The face expression looks amazing. And the base and pose unite as a tight unit that really bring the scene together imo. I have zero complaints about Beastman, except if we're going Filmation, paint the base in a hand-painted-background-cell look. Brighter colors, more visa;e paint applications, BUT the paint on the base does look good!

Well I think Beastman was alwasy going to be easier as his colours and look is so bold and he is not a human per say.

The skin tone on He-Man is style guide accurate. The harness could have a touch more blue but it's still pretty close. Orko on the other hand, they completely got wrong there. Those are just not his colours at all so i have no idea what they were looking at to get those colours.

I totally get what you are saying about the base. It's just a little weak, for want of a better word, when compared to He-Man.
    Perhaps the teeth could've been more substancial and meaty looking?!

But I still think it's a great statue and will look very iconic on the shelf.
    www.eamonart.com

So, well, thanks to fisto power, and the new knowledge that Teela and Evil Lynn are up on deck, I just put my pre-order down for He-Man, and will do the same for Beast Man when I can. It's true, it just wouldn't feel right without He-Man, same as 200X statues, didn't 1000% like him, but didn't like the look of the set without him even more. I do love the sword on this statue.

If they drop Skeletor soon, I'll pretty happy with these. I might skip Man-at-Arms and most of the heroes because of their Filmation looks, and I know they've knocked out two ladies already, but the Sorceress would be my final wanted heroic character. For the evil warriors, I'm hoping for Mer-Man most. Mainly just don't want Tri-Klops.

If they release what they've "announced" so far, and also drop Scorceress, Mer-Man, and Skeletor, I'd feel pretty complete, and probably pick up other nicer characters as they trickle out. A little Orko statue, color corrected and not stuck to He-Man like that, would be great.

I'm wondering if they'll do She-Ra, and if so, would she push back Sorceress. Also, some evil Horde (Mantenna, Leech) would hit the spot!!!!

Very cool.

Just got am email from PCS and Beast Man goes up for Pre-Order on Monday, November 11th. There WILL be an exclusive version, but further details will come in the next newsletter.

Beast Man final.jpg
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Mainly just don't want Tri-Klops.
    I'd be ecstatic if they made a Filmation Tri-Klops statue.

I would love to be able to own any statues they make, but unfortunately finances will cause me to have to pick and choose. I am thrilled that I will at least own He-man though....and maybe a few others depending on price and timing.

I'm not a statue collector at all, but I've seen Beast Man in person and it looks pretty awesome. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if it was a giant articulated figure.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Awesome state but its missing the centre piece off his blue medaillion.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Awesome state but its missing the centre piece off his blue medaillion.
    I wonder if that might end up being the Exclusive version?

If it's pure Filmation, Beastman's medallion really didn't have anything in the middle. Who knows.

I hope the exclusive is something cool!!! But, they did a great job on the regular, so they need to beat that first, which might be hard to do.

And as for He-Man being style guide correct... He's still seems a little lighter than the actual toon and of course the toy he was based on. So, idunno. Could be a bit darker, but not a big deal.

Still sold on these so far. Mainly because of Teela's reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if they made a Filmation Tri-Klops statue.
    I know, I'm sure tons of people would want him. He's the only 4H statue I passed on, and while he's a great character and core part of the evil warriors, his design bores me, personally. But I know he's a main villain that people would like to see. I like his head! Everything else is just a little meh.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    So i was checking out motu statues on ebay and there are 3 he-man exclusive with orko and all being $95, $108, $150 for international priority shipping. I was told by PCS that he-man would be $300 to $350 to ship to Australia, why would this be so different for the shipping charges Or is PCS just covering themselves until they have the statue in hand
    Evil Army of the Horde!!