Thread: 1:4 Trap Jaw statue coming from PCS

Heroic Warrior

1:4 Trap Jaw statue coming from PCS

This is up on the PCS site!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    I just noticed that also. Can't wait!!!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Yeah buddy! I'm dying to see the final product. They are drawing this one out.

Bring on Trap Jaw!.....and then bring on Tri-Klops and Mer-Man, please!
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Bring on Trap Jaw!.....and then bring on Tri-Klops and Mer-Man, please!
    Those for sure, as well as Whiplash.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Heroic Warrior
    I think trapjaw will be a good way to measure how this line is going to do. Really cool character design plus colors that will pop! If he sells out in a few days or week or so after going up, l would say this line will carry on strong. It will help if he goes up for PO after we get he-man in hand. He also besides for skeletor, seemed to be the most popular of the neca statues. You know foots I'm really puzzled about beastman myself. One of skeletors main goons, great looking statue, and I would have have thought atleast 200 of the people that ordered he-man would have also grabbed him. But it seems teela did really well so this is really hard to figure out. I hope we get atleast 10 statues out of this, but I really would like them to make'em all!

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah guys merman, triklops, and whiplash along with evil lyn would definitely be who I hope is lined up for the next bad guys!

I think trapjaw will be a good way to measure how this line is going to do. Really cool character design plus colors that will pop! If he sells out in a few days or week or so after going up, l would say this line will carry on strong. It will help if he goes up for PO after we get he-man in hand. He also besides for skeletor, seemed to be the most popular of the neca statues. You know foots I'm really puzzled about beastman myself. One of skeletors main goons, great looking statue, and I would have have thought atleast 200 of the people that ordered he-man would have also grabbed him. But it seems teela did really well so this is really hard to figure out. I hope we get atleast 10 statues out of this, but I really would like them to make'em all!

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah guys merman, triklops, and whiplash alomg with evil lyn would definitely be who I hope is lined up for the next bad guys!
    I think with Teela there was a big enough difference between the EX and the regular version that people jumped on the EX version (which only had 175). With Beast Man, I don't think there was a big enough difference between the 2 versions for people to feel like they had to have the EX version. With that said, I just tried to see how many were left of each Beast Man and I get an error on both version each time I try to add them to my cart.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I am getting an error with all of the statues still up for pre-order. So, not sure if it is on my end or if PCS is having site issues.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I think with Teela there was a big enough difference between the EX and the regular version that people jumped on the EX version (which only had 175). With Beast Man, I don't think there was a big enough difference between the 2 versions for people to feel like they had to have the EX version. With that said, I just tried to see how many were left of each Beast Man and I get an error on both version each time I try to add them to my cart.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I am getting an error with all of the statues still up for pre-order. So, not sure if it is on my end or if PCS is having site issues.
    I just checked and I'am having the same problem. You make a very good point about the teela ex. It is an awesome ex. Plus that difference in the es size, teela being 175, is huge deal for alot of people. And I know for a fact doesn't matter what the license it is, female based statues always sell well.
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; March 19, 2014 at 03:56pm.

Yes, good points. So what would be a compelling enough Trap Jaw EX? Are interchangeable attachments enough or does he need a second head as well? Or perhaps something else?

While we are at it, what about Man At Arms? Seems like it would have made more sense for him to get Orko.

I still want to know why Mattel rejected the Evil Lyn base. I wonder if it had to do with the Shaping Staff.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Good news about POP. Kind of bummed that Trap Jaw is the only new reveal but was expecting that to be the case.
    Great news about POP! I get where your coming from about the reveals, was definitely hoping for more. But even though I be hard pressed to pick my favorite MOTU characters, old trappy is definitely towards the top of my list.

Yeah, I had already anticipated that they would only show Trap-Jaw, but I am really excited to see him nonetheless.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like trappy goes up for PO May 12th!

Trap-Jaw looks splendid. Might have to buy him.

Confirmed via facebook by pcs that Trap Jaw is a prototype and will shrink in size during production to match the others.
    That's weird. Why would he shrink?
    This is a 3d print which will be cast. To my knowledge there's no shrinking going on in that process.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This is a 3d print which will be cast. To my knowledge there's no shrinking going on in that process.
    I don't know why. Just relaying the message, its also posted on another forum ( sideshow freaks forum).
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; April 20, 2014 at 11:25am.

Trapjaws head looks far to big! Not keen on He-mans face either. Easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You can shrink things at any time whether its in the mold process or even the print process. If they want to make it more in scale with the other statues either way will work.

Digital prints can be scaled up and down a great deal and never lose their quality. We recently did this with our own toyline taking a 2" minifigure sculpt and blowing it up to 5" scale for a project.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    When the trap jaw will be available for presale ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    When the trap jaw will be available for presale ?
    Trap Jaw goes up for Pre-order on May 12th.

And I will echo what others have already said...Beast Man looks tiny. I have watched all of the videos and seen lots of pics, but he looks small and out of scale to me. I know that he is probably the correct scale, but it's playing tricks on my eyes and making him look small.

Trap Jaw looks great.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 22, 2014 at 10:32am.

Well beastman is hunched over and the others are not. So it's definitely
    Tough. I think his sculpt looks great and so does trapjaw.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    Trap Jaw goes up for Pre-order on May 12th.

And I will echo what others have already said...Beast Man looks tiny. I have watched all of the videos and seen lots of pics, but he looks small and out of scale to me. I know that he is probably the correct scale, but it's playing tricks on my eyes and making him look small.

Trap Jaw looks great.
    I dont think beatman is out of scale, I think his base has no height to it, plus the hunched over pose. I do agree that it makes him look smaller, especially next to He-Man, whose base appearsto be much larger (taller), and his pose has him fully standing. The website lists He-man at 29" H (I'm sure thats to the tip of his sword). Beastman is listed at 16"H, and Teela is listed at 15.5" H. So Beastman in his slouching pose is only slightly taller than Teela, who should look noticeably smaller than the male characters. Its already been mentioned on the statue forum as well, and is a valid concern. Maybe myself or another member can post the question proper to Jerry, and see if we can get an answer or reason for why he looks smaller, or why he chose that pose and design. Either way I'm still pleased with the way these are turning out. Trap Jaw is looking awesome and I can't wait to grab him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Well beastman is hunched over and the others are not. So it's definitely
    Tough. I think his sculpt looks great and so does trapjaw.
    I agree! Do you have all these ordered?

I ordered all three exclusives so far. I don't think I can afford them all but trapjaw looks like a must buy and skeletor. Not sure if I will get evil Lynn or not.
    Feedback thread

Just got the newsletter. Trap Jaw PO moved to June 2nd. Looks great!!! I will be going after the EX to have all 3 attachments.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; May 18, 2014 at 12:09pm.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Just got the newsletter. Trap Jaw PO moved to June 2nd. Looks great!!! I will be going after the EX to have all 3 attachments.
    I'm just a little bummed that they pushed the PO date back again, but he does look awesome.

What we guessing is the third attachment
    Feedback thread