Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    So i was checking out motu statues on ebay and there are 3 he-man exclusive with orko and all being $95, $108, $150 for international priority shipping. I was told by PCS that he-man would be $300 to $350 to ship to Australia, why would this be so different for the shipping charges Or is PCS just covering themselves until they have the statue in hand
    Without having the statue in hand, I think it would be very difficult to know the shipping charges. With that said, I believe those ebay sellers are undercharging on international shipping.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Without having the statue in hand, I think it would be very difficult to know the shipping charges. With that said, I believe those ebay sellers are undercharging on international shipping.
    Definitely. With the size and weight, a seller will only be able to ship priority or express. I had a guy from Brazil want to know how much the shipping was for a t-shirt I had. $40.00 Thats right, $40 for a t-shirt so you can imagine how much a HUGE and HEAVY statue will cost.

Just got am email from PCS and Beast Man goes up for Pre-Order on Monday, November 11th. There WILL be an exclusive version, but further details will come in the next newsletter.

Attachment 89427
    Can't wait to see what the exclusive will be!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Definitely. With the size and weight, a seller will only be able to ship priority or express. I had a guy from Brazil want to know how much the shipping was for a t-shirt I had. $40.00 Thats right, $40 for a t-shirt so you can imagine how much a HUGE and HEAVY statue will cost.
    40 bucks for a t-shirt? Can't you send this 1st class international for less than half of that?

I'm not 100% on the he-man, but with Lou passing away, I kind of want to get it as a tribute. filmation he-man was a HUGE part of my childhood (he-man in general) so for me in my own way this statue would represent that.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

There might be a less expensive way to pay homage! Honestly, if you're not loving the statue, don't get it. It's a big investment. And having the DVDs and enjoying the show as long as you have...that's probably what would put a smile on Lou's face the most

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    40 bucks for a t-shirt? Can't you send this 1st class international for less than half of that?
    I can, but if I'm selling something on ebay, I'll only ship priority for international. Too many problems with first class.

I can, but if I'm selling something on ebay, I'll only ship priority for international. Too many problems with first class.
    I use stamps.com so that I can ship first class international WITH insurance (unlike with USPS). If after 30 days the buyer didn't receive the item then I file a claim and get my money back in order to refund buyer.

I use stamps.com so that I can ship first class international WITH insurance (unlike with USPS). If after 30 days the buyer didn't receive the item then I file a claim and get my money back in order to refund buyer.
    I'll keep that in mind. I've never used that site.

Doesn't stamps.com charge a monthly fee? I've always steered clear of it because I thought that was the catch.

I'll keep that in mind. I've never used that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Doesn't stamps.com charge a monthly fee? I've always steered clear of it because I thought that was the catch.
    Yes, it is $15.95 a month, but if you ship enough items per month it is well worth it because they give discounts on all shipping formats. Also, if you want to ship first class international they offer the availability of insurance.

I ship items all over the world and being able to offer low-cost international shipping to help international customers as well as being able to purchase insurance to protect my behind makes it all worth it. But again, you have to ship enough items per month for it to be worth it.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; October 22, 2013 at 04:47pm.

Yes, it is $15.95 a month, but if you ship enough items per month it is well worth it because they give discounts on all shipping formats.
    Ah, okay. That makes sense. I'm too low-volume for stamps.com.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    There might be a less expensive way to pay homage! Honestly, if you're not loving the statue, don't get it. It's a big investment. And having the DVDs and enjoying the show as long as you have...that's probably what would put a smile on Lou's face the most
    that's true! I have all the bci releases, I bought the recent boxset too. maybe I will try sculpting my own filmation statue. i just want a centrepiece as a tribute too.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Now that BBTS has decided to carry the line, I preorded He-Man even though I am still really disappointed with the face sculpt. At least this way I can cancel if I want to later on and I don't have to make a down payment.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    How do you guys feel with the service of PCS, ive emailed them a few times and always dont get replies, even then the replies could be more well informed with info re the question asked. I do like the statues they are producing however.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Ok, the Beast Man EXCLUSIVE Version will come with an extra mouth-closed head and detachable Wolfbat as can be seen here:

Beast Man EXCLUSIVE.jpg Beast Man regular.jpg
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; October 27, 2013 at 12:15pm.

How will the head work. I thought its a statue how can u remove a head?
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    I really don't know. Here is exactly what Pop Culture Shock stated in their newsletter:

Beastman will come in two versions. The regular and Pop Culture Shock Exclusive, which will only be available directly through our website and, as always, be very limited. The PCS version will come with all the parts of the regular PLUS an extra mouth closed head and a detachable 'Wolfbat' as seen in the original Filmation episode 'Disappearing Act'.

Pre-Order for BEASTMAN begins on Monday November 11th and next week we will announce pricing and edition size.

Oh ok. Just debating if the exclusive is worth the extra money. Def thought orko was. Now have to see how they finish evil Lynn teela and get to skeletor.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Oh ok. Just debating if the exclusive is worth the extra money. Def thought orko was. Now have to see how they finish evil Lynn teela and get to skeletor.
    Yeah, I am not sure which version I want either. It will depend on price and how many are being made.

Yes the exclusive version doesn't worth it for me. Orko was a must have but the bat... not really. And anyway I prefer the mouth open so I don't care about the closed mouth.

The only problem for me is that we have to pay again for a second statue and we didn't receive the first one !

The exclusive looks nice but I don't like PCS's ordering system so if I do buy it, I'll likely pick up the regular version from BBTS. It's a shame Sideshow doesn't still distribute PCS products.

It's probably on a peg that you just pull out of the "body" or it connects with magnets. It works like other statues where the base is a separate piece from the statue. Here though, you'll get 2 heads that you can swap.

I have Sideshow pieces that have exclusive heads and pieces that work this way.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Hmm. I don't care about that bat much at all, but at the same time I don't mind it. Might be a distraction in person, or it might look good. But it is removable.

I do however like the second head. I'd actually probably go "closed" mouth, looks a little more Filmation. But if it's like 20 dollars more, I'd go for the exclusive. If it's like 30-40 more, I'd probably just get the regular version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Hmm. I don't care about that bat much at all, but at the same time I don't mind it. Might be a distraction in person, or it might look good. But it is removable.

I do however like the second head. I'd actually probably go "closed" mouth, looks a little more Filmation. But if it's like 20 dollars more, I'd go for the exclusive. If it's like 30-40 more, I'd probably just get the regular version.
    I am exactly where you are. I like the idea of an extra head (so I can switch them out) and I like that the wolfbat is removable, but it all depends on price. So, we will see come Sunday what the price difference will be and if it's worth it.

I ***like***!!!!!!!!!.............. of course. ^,,,,^

beastfan