Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 1:4 statues from POP Culture Shock

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate the help.

I've tried to set up an account on that forum with the same user name (Jawbridge), but it's taking a while to hear back from an administrator. I did a search for Jerry's post, but I'm busy at work these days and didn't get far enough back I guess to find a specific answer.

I LOVE Jerry's answer of an email confirming address and remaining balance. If it is that straight forward this will be a smooth process indeed. So good to hear.

I'm sure they know how to make it an easy process, but I've never dealt with them before, and I plan on sticking with this line (possibly other offerings as they present themselves), so I'm trying to get it sorted out asap.

Seems like we should be expecting an email any day now. And I've def been keeping screenshots and pdfs for my records, a well as PayPal's built in archive.

So close to He-Man. And he is PIMP!

It took me almost a week to get approved when I registered.

What I've learned over there is that delays seem to be common in the statue industry. PCS is a very small and relatively new company who just recently stopped using Sideshow as a distributor. They are still going through some growing pains. I think they have three people handling customer service and shipping out all of their orders. All of that said, they seem to go out of their way to make things right when something goes wrong.

I hope He-Man comes out on schedule so I can stop checking my email hourly for a shipping quote. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't though. In fact, a delay is probably a more likely scenario. I hope I'm wrong. There will be several upset Mortal Kombat fans over there if I am.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; March 4, 2014 at 09:04pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    It took me almost a week to get approved when I registered.

What I've learned over there is that delays seem to be common in the statue industry. PCS is a very small and relatively new company who just recently stopped using Sideshow as a distributor. They are still going through some growing pains. I think they have three people handling customer service and shipping out all of their orders. All of that said, they seem to go out of their way to make things right when something goes wrong.

I hope He-Man comes out on schedule so I can stop checking my email hourly for a shipping quote. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't though. In fact, a delay is probably a more likely scenario. I hope I'm wrong. There will be several upset Mortal Kombat fans over there if I am.
    Man I really hope this is on schedule, or close! The wait is killing me, I've never been so stoked! Jerry said mid April, lets pray that it happens. Those mortal kombat fans are about to take to the streets! I can't say I blame them, those klassic pieces have been delayed forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope we get some motu news in the pcs newsletter today. I would like to think something about he-man, like if he's shipping soon, or delayed?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok for those on the payment plan looks like final payment has been pushed back to March 30th. Expected to ship in April. So like Jerry said if all goes according to plan should be in hand mid April! Not much of a delay at all! Lets hope all stays on track!

So, here's what the newsletter says, but it seems to be speaking specifically to people on payment plans, and doesn't touch on the shipping amount:

"As a general rule we don't send invoices. We expect the collector (customer, could be a gift) to note when their payment is due (which changes dates) and send it in on time. We allow a fairly reasonable grace period but after that we will send an email reminding you that the payment is due (instead of just sending an invoice to begin with)."

I'm not really sure how helpful that is, but I guess they're only concerned with people forgetting their payment dates when it's not the last one. Most people remember the final I'm guessing. Hopefully we will get that invoice including shipping, I just wish they would've included that in the process break down. It's not super even on the thoroughness to length ratio.

My confidence would be much higher if their practices where more in line with what other companies have found success with, which is mainly communication. It's a small shop, and I want them to succeed as much as anybody, but they're giving me the impression that they are very fragile, and even with the best intentions, people don't give money in this amount to companies that seem so volatile. The delays of course don't help.

I'm of course not complaining, and I remain sympathetic, but the greedy side of me wants them to be more successful so they can make even more awesome products for me to collect :P

Jerry answered a few MOTU related questions recently on statue forum I ddon't have much time so excuse the poor formating.

In regards to sales:
    Im satisfied. I think once He-Man comes out and people see him in person we will see an increase in orders for the rest.

In regards to He-Man:
    He-Man is very close. Production should be finished end of this month so deliveries end of April.

In regards to the next MOTU bust:
    The next MOTU Bust is being sculpted. Will probably show it in May/June

In regards to the possibility of a POP license:
    Of course there is a chance.

Heroic Warrior
    Really glad he took the time to answer some questions. But I wish he would have been a little more specific about the shipping time. Like is it shipping to him at the end of April from China, or shipping to us from him?

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Jerry answered a few MOTU related questions recently on statue forum I ddon't have much time so excuse the poor formating.

In regards to sales:
    Im satisfied. I think once He-Man comes out and people see him in person we will see an increase in orders for the rest.

In regards to He-Man:
    He-Man is very close. Production should be finished end of this month so deliveries end of April.

In regards to the next MOTU bust:
    The next MOTU Bust is being sculpted. Will probably show it in May/June

In regards to the possibility of a POP license:
    Of course there is a chance.
    Thanks for sharing that info. I don't visit the statue forums as much as I should.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

After seeing their Teela statue, I drool at the thought of what they could do for Catra and She-Ra.

He_Man_statue_box_zpsaef0f7cd.jpg

Here is the He-Man box art. Nice Classics packaging. Don't they know this is Filmation and thus vintage according to he-man.org?

I personally could do without the Classics border. I won't be displaying the box though so meh.

Nice looking box. Thanks for sharing.

I didn't expect the relation to classics, but everything seems to have it, even the proposed vintage 12" figures. Brand style guide I'm guessing.

Sweet looking box! I'm happy that the time is coming near when this will be shipping out. Can't wait for it!
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Mermista, Peekablue
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation:Lizard Man, Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

I love the box art. It looks awesome! Can't wait for the He-Man statues to start shipping in April.

Heroic Warrior
    Great looking box! Even more importantly can't wait to get whats inside it!

I wonder if the head sculpt was improved at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah buddy! I'm dying to see the final product. They are drawing this one out.
    I know man! Besides man at arms who else are you hoping to see? Jerry said he was going to try to release 3 to 4 a year. I' ve always been a fan of whiplash, wouldn't mind seeing zodac either.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    I know man! Besides man at arms who else are you hoping to see? Jerry said he was going to try to release 3 to 4 a year. I' ve always been a fan of whiplash, wouldn't mind seeing zodac either.
    I would be ecstatic if we got all of the characters from the intro. On top of that I would like Hordak and She-Ra. To be honest it would be hard to resist any character.

I am surprised by the lack of speculation on the next bust. It has to be an A-lister. I think He-Man would be difficult without some media to base him on. I'm going with Hordak. :-)

I would LOVE to see either Whiplash or Mer-Man next.

Next one

It's got to be skeletor. We know evil Lynn trapjaw and man at arms. So skeletor or stratos got to be next
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    @ foots, I've heard you mention that intro theory before, but you know it will be impossible to resist any of the characters! I got a feeling once people get he-man and pictures start going up, these will probably start moving a little better. Beastman is a great example, I think once people see this guy in person the few remaining will be gone( 16 EX's left last time I checked). As for the busts it kind of slipped my mind. I don't really collect busts, and while I think Jerry's take on skeletor is awesome, I'm really committed to the filmation line. But I wouldn't be surprised if he-man is the next bust, maybe Jerry will throw us a curve ball, hordak would be killer, but I could also see a sorceress or battle cat as the next bust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I would LOVE to see either Whiplash or Mer-Man next.
    How could I forget merman! I think I'd actually rather see him before whiplash. Dosen't matter I'll probably get them all anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    It's got to be skeletor. We know evil Lynn trapjaw and man at arms. So skeletor or stratos got to be next
    Stratos would be great! I don't think we'll see skeletor for a while, if we do it probably means this line is in trouble. There's no way Jerry will close this line without skeletor he would be a sellout for sure. So you won't see him for some time, to keep interest in the line.
    Last edited by RadicalThrasher; March 17, 2014 at 06:44pm.

I don't really collect busts, and while I think Jerry's take on skeletor is awesome, I'm really committed to the filmation line. But I wouldn't be surprised if he-man is the next bust, maybe Jerry will throw us a curve ball, hordak would be killer, but I could also see a sorceress or battle cat as the next bust.
    Yeah, I probably won't be collecting the busts either, unless the next one is way too cool to pass up. The Skeletor was an easy pass for me, but might me interested in a He-Man if done correctly.

I don't think we'll see skeletor for a while, if we do it probably means this line is in trouble. There's no way Jerry will close this line without skeletor he would be a sellout for sure. So you won't see him for some time, to keep interest in the line.
    I agree. While I would love to get a Skeletor statue sooner rather than later, I think Jerry and the gang will hold on to him for a while.

@ foots, I've heard you mention that intro theory before, but you know it will be impossible to resist any of the characters! I got a feeling once people get he-man and pictures start going up, these will probably start moving a little better. Beastman is a great example, I think once people see this guy in person the few remaining will be gone( 16 EX's left last time I checked). As for the busts it kind of slipped my mind. I don't really collect busts, and while I think Jerry's take on skeletor is awesome, I'm really committed to the filmation line. But I wouldn't be surprised if he-man is the next bust, maybe Jerry will throw us a curve ball, hordak would be killer, but I could also see a sorceress or battle cat as the next bust.
    It irks me that Beastman is still available. I think he is absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. By far he is my favorite of the three and I love them all. I'm eager to see how Trap Jaw sells.

You're right about not being able to resist although the deeper we get in to the Heroic Warriors the more I will hesitate. I just prefer the bad guys. =)

Ha ha! The idea of a Battle Cat bust made me think of it hanging over the fireplace in a hunting lodge. Both funny and disturbing. =/

Yeah, I probably won't be collecting the busts either, unless the next one is way too cool to pass up. The Skeletor was an easy pass for me, but might me interested in a He-Man if done right.
    What does done right mean to you though? I mean people didn't like Skeletor because they said he looked like a skull in a hood. With a He-Man bust it seems likely you are going to get a blonde muscular guy. No? I think a human with no media reference will be hard to pull off. At least with Skeletor's henchmen there would be defining features making them recognizable even in a realistic interpretation of the character.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; March 18, 2014 at 11:44pm.

Yeah, I probably won't be collecting the busts either, unless the next one is way too cool to pass up. The Skeletor was an easy pass for me, but might me interested in a He-Man if done correctly.
    What does done right mean to you though? I mean people didn't like Skeletor because they said he looked like a skull in a hood. With a He-Man bust it seems likely you are going to get a blonde muscular guy. No? I think a human with no media reference will be hard to pull off. At least with Skeletor's henchmen there would be defining features making them recognizable even in a realistic interpretation of the character.
    You helped answer your own question by saying that the problem with the Skeletor bust is that it looks like some random skull with a hood. So, with He-Man, "Done right" to me would mean instantly recognizable as He-Man...and not just some random blonde muscular guy.

- - - Updated - - -

It irks me that Beastman is still available. I think he is absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. By far he is my favorite of the three and I love them all. I'm eager to see how Trap Jaw sells.
    I agree. Beast Man looks like perfection. Can't wait for Trap Jaw!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; March 19, 2014 at 09:15am.

Heroic Warrior
    Somebody just posted this on the statue forum from mattels twitter account I believe. Can you tell which is the proto? Looks GREAT! I cannot wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the proto is on the right. They both look great! So excited!

Ha ha! When I first glanced at the small preview image I thought they were bookends.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; March 19, 2014 at 03:43pm.

Somebody just posted this on the statue forum from mattels twitter account I believe. Can you tell which is the proto? Looks GREAT! I cannot wait!
    WOW! Looks GREAT!!!