Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game (w/ new web series)

He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull mobile game (w/ new web series)

Animoca Brands today announced the launch of its latest mobile game, He-Man Tappers of Grayskull. The game is based on the iconic Masters of the Universe franchise, launched in 1982.

He-Man Tappers of Grayskull is available globally on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on the App Store, and for Android devices on Google Play.

In He-Man Tappers of Grayskull, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe battle Skeletor and his magically enlarged minions across multiple locations on the planet Eternia. He-Man and his allies must secure powerful ancient artifacts and defeat wave after wave of gigantic foes to stop Skeletor’s evil plans, thus ensuring safety for Castle Grayskull and all Eternia.

The app utilises clicker gameplay and features dozens of Masters of the Universe characters including He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Battle Cat, She-Ra, Orko, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Sorceress, Stratos, Mekaneck, Scareglow, Hordak and others.

He-Man Tappers of Grayskull boasts voice acting by the Emmy Award-nominated Alan Oppenheimer (Skeletor) and Cam Clarke (He-Man, Prince Adam). The game is free to download and play, with optional in-app-purchases.

Masters of the Universe, launched in 1982 as a toy line, was followed by He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983-1984), a hugely popular animated television series produced by Filmation. It became one of the most popular animated shows of the 1980s and has achieved cult status.

The Masters of the Universe brand quickly became a significant global media franchise. The first animated series was followed by another animated series targeted at a female audience (She-Ra: Princess of Power, 1983-1984), as well as various comics (including the eponymous series by DC Comics, 2012-present), a live action motion picture Masters of the Universe (1987), several books, additional animated series (1990-1991, 2002-2004), video games (1983-present), board games, records, and multiple successful lines of toys and collectors’ items that are still evolving today.

The Masters of the Universe brand is estimated to have over 30 million fans worldwide, and the new game taps into the popularity of the franchise and the nostalgia of adults everywhere who grew up with the toy and media franchise.

He-Man Tappers of Grayskull is the sixth game released as part of the partnership between Animoca Brands and Mattel. Additional mobile apps are in production, with the first e-book based on Thomas the Tank Engine and other characters from Thomas & Friends expected to launch in the September quarter.

Robby Yung, CEO of Animoca Brands, commented: “Masters of the Universe is the fifth Mattel brand we have incorporated into our games portfolio. We will continue to leverage Mattel’s highly successful and globally recognised brands as we launch further apps in the coming months, including our highly anticipated first e-book.”

Download Links, Images & Trailer
    He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull is available globally free of charge, with optional in-app purchases.
    Click here to get it on the Google Play store and the Apple Store.
    Click here to see the trailer.
    Click here to see screenshots.

---------------------------------
    Check out Episode 2 of their new web series:

Check out Episode 1 of their new web series:

And check out Daniel Benedict's teaser trailer!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hoping Power-Con returns in 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Will download! Is this game play style similar to any other existing games?

Hopefully we can end up playing as the bad guys as well and not just the heroes.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior

that was so very Adult Swim.
    See peeps, and AS He-Man can work.

You have to tap or swipe as fast as possible to destroy the giant enemies. You play as He-Man and are able to get all the other heroic warriors as support - of course for ingame or real money.

Here are some screenshots from the beta: https://www.facebook.com/PlanetEtern...9067795782568/

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...pl?thrID=88880

I don't get it...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I took an in-depth look at the game!

Combining characters from both Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power, it is a tap & swipe game that lets you battle a number of villains while leveling up to add new heroes, Skills and Artifacts to the game. What's even better? It's FREE to play!

Available for both Android and iOS, this is a fairly straight-forward game and easy to learn. You play as He-Man, who can tap and swipe his way to higher levels. He-Man is voiced by Cam Clarke and Skeletor by Alan Oppenheimer! The premise is pretty simple: in his latest scheme, Skeletor has acquired a gem that allows him to increase the size of himself and all his fellow villains. This gives you a big target in the middle of the screen where small, yet powerful He-Man can take them on.

For a full explanation of how you play, the Skills you can gain, the heroes that can help you, and the Artifacts that aid you in battle, be sure to read the tutorial found in the upper left corner of the game's screen under the little gear icon. It gives a thorough run-down of almost everything you encounter during gameplay.

In addition to Skeletor, you will encounter villains such as Catra, Hordak and even Scare Glow. This initial release features over twenty baddies that you will have to defeat repeatedly as you move from level to level. You will also encounter twelve different backgrounds that have some different settings familiar to most and some only hard core fans will recognize.

One of the most fun elements is unlocking new heroes to stand beside you in battle. This first release gives you twenty different heroes you can unlock as you progress, including surprises such as Rio Blast, Clamp Champ and even the Goddess. Each has new attacks they can perform as you increase their powers throughout the game.

And be sure to unlock and boost those Skills for He-Man. They will do things like summon Battle Cat, invoke the power of Grayskull for buffs, increase damage dealt for a period of time, and generate gold with every blow He-Man strikes!

While adding to He-Man's Skills and unlocking new heroes is vital to attacks, don't overlook the Artifacts. You use collected Keys to then have Orko summon a new Artifact. Each new artifact adds a condition that continuously improves your gameplay. You will find these are crucial to advancement and increasing your power. Artifacts can increase the frequency of Orko's helpful appearances during battle (he floats around and you have to tap on him), increase damage per tap on villains, extend the time limit on boss fights, lower Skill cool-downs, increase critical chance/damage, increase gold found, lower upgrade costs, reduce the chance of your companions being wounded, and much more.

As you fight villains, you will notice they don't seem to fight back. And in most instances, they don't. But doing damage to Bosses is a timed battle, and you only have so long to do enough damage to defeat them or you will fail in your attack. You will then need to continue fighting the minor villains until you can gain more improvements, thus enabling you to defeat that particular Boss. Also, as you reach more difficult levels, the Bosses can injure your heroes with a one-hit KO that will disable him or her for a period of time. You will then need to wait for them to reappear or use gold coins to Recover that hero, which is an option that eventually becomes available next to them. So don't worry, those heroes aren't lost forever.

As you move up in levels, the action will slow down some as the gold, Gems and Keys you will need to advance becomes harder to accumulate. So you have a couple different options to speed things back up. One is you can Time Travel back to Level 1 Stage 1. The downside is it resets your status and you lose all your Skills, heroic allies, gold and non-Artifact buffs. BUT you keep all your Gems and Artifacts which means you can advance far more quickly then before and rebuild your Skills and heroes lickety-split. Plus a huge benefit of Time Travel is getting more Keys that Orko can use to summon additional Artifacts for you.

The other option is to use the Store to buy special abilities and also Gems that let you purchase large amounts of Keys and gold to help you level-up as things get more difficult. You can also combine making purchases and using the Time Travel feature for a two-pronged attack strategy for fast advancement. On top of that, tapping on Orko when he appears during battle might give you the opportunity to watch ads that can give you a substantial amount of gold or other benefits.

Having played the game here at He-Man.Org, I think that it's a lot of fun. Over time, it can start to feel repetitive, especially as the difficulty increases and it takes much longer to advance. But the flip side of that coin is that the strategy component becomes ever more important and challenging. In addition, Animoca Brands plans to add more villains with future updates. And there are even MORE features in development, but Animoca Brands is keeping those under wraps for now.

This game will be available for download very soon, so keep an eye on the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store!

BTW.. if you'd like to see what other fans think, there's a thread going on PlanetEternia.de where some German fans are talking about their experiences playing the Beta version. For those of us not fortunate enough to speak German, just Google Translate and find out what they have to say!

The way the trailer was going it looked like the game was going to be augmented reality like Pokemon GO.

This game can also attract kids, a simple game,designs for children

The video is awesome, it sold me the game lol .Great job Daniel!
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; August 30, 2016 at 12:11am.

I'm downloading it right now from Google Play.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Just played it for a good 5 mins..
    All you do is tap and swipe your finger? That got tiresome.

Uninstalled

Widget
    I would kill for Masters of the Universe fighting game for PS4/XB1 ( Injustice 2 style ) or action-adventure type game like God of War...I'd play it to death...

We've all been waiting for that.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Here's all the links so you can download it!

Download Links, Images & Trailer
    He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull is available globally free of charge, with optional in-app purchases.
    Click here to get it on the Google Play store and the Apple Store.
    Click here to see the trailer.
    Click here to see screenshots.

I think it's fun... Especially with the Power-Ups. It's also great to hear Cam Clarke again!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

The visuals are cool. I've not gotten to hear much of the sounds because I'm at work, but what I heard were cool. I like the idea of power ups and bringing in more of the Masters to fight with you. The game play is a bit basic. I think for a first outing it's pretty cool. I'm gonna keep it and play it more in my down time at work. In the future I'd like to see something that is more of an adventure style. Even if it kept the same look that would be cool. But yeah, keep the MOTU games coming!

Downloading now.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Played a few minutes... I completely fail to see the point of the game
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by GozzoMan View Post
    Played a few minutes... I completely fail to see the point of the game
    Keep playing. It gets more challenging and addicting.

Downloaded earlier when I saw something on FB about it. Don't know when I'll get around to playing it though.
    Great to see some Skelcons in there
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Played for 5 minutes and i'm done.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

This new He-man game app is a frenetic snooze fest. Big bummer because
    the 1st app, "He-Man: The Most Powerful Game In The Universe", was (and is) phenomenal! That first app is honestly what made me cherish my iPad when i first got it.
    This new game "He-Man: Tappers of Grayskull" is great to see characters digitally illustrated but it's overall annoying, bothersome, disappointing, and tiring to play.
    Sidenote: i discovered, if you don't want to pound your mobile device's screen with rapid taps and the swiping back and forth tires your hand, do this:
    put two fingers on the screen and open and close in a pinching fashion. I found that works and gives quicker results.
    Regardless, you can essentially "play" the game with your eyes closed, which is a testimony that it's not very fun.
    Last edited by Genuinearticle; August 31, 2016 at 11:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Keep playing. It gets more challenging and addicting.
    How so? What happens?
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

All you do is tap the screen, so it isn't even a game really, BUT I love trying to collect all of the Masters and leveling them up, so I think it's a lot of fun. Just don't go into it expecting some amazing challenge or gameplay.