Thread: Would you like for the MOTU Comic Books to do " WHAT IF " stories just like Marvel ?

Would you like for the MOTU Comic Books to do " WHAT IF " stories just like Marvel ?

If you've been reading comic books for a long time like I have , than I'm sure many of you are familiar with Marvel Comics "What If" series . Fantasy stories told by the being known as The Watcher illustrating what may happen if a certain event takes place .

Would you like to see this same type of story telling bought to the MOTU comics ?

And if so , who shall play the role as the Masters of the Universe version of the Watcher ?

I myself would love to have " What If " stories in MOTU . And my choice for a Watcher clone would be either Zodac or Standar . Since both are space characters and the Watcher is too a space character .

Also , what " WHAT IF " stories would you like to see get published ? Here are my ideas ...............

(1) WHAT IF ? - Skeletor finally kills He-Man and rules Eternia ?

(2) WHAT IF ? - Hordak never kidnapped Adora ?

(3) WHAT IF ? - Keldor stayed good and never became evil or transformed into Skeletor ?

That's it for now. Would you like " What If" stories and if so what are your ideas ? I hope the comic book writers are paying attention to this thread .
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Nope. I've never been a fan of "What-if" stories.

Widget
    I think the Spirit of Castle Grayskull (from the original comics) would make a great Watcher. It seems to have a certain amount of omnipotent knowledge.

WHAT IF Skeletor discovered Adam was He-Man?

WHAT IF Stratos was a villain and Tri-Klops a hero, as they were originally conceived?

WHAT IF there was a good Skeletor and an evil He-Man that existed in a parallel universe?

WHAT IF the parallel universe crossed over with the good universe the good and Evil He-Man met each other? Kind of like that Star Trek episode where there was an evil Captain Kirk.

What IF Skeletor and He-Man switched bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelgaard View Post
    I think the Spirit of Castle Grayskull (from the original comics) would make a great Watcher. It seems to have a certain amount of omnipotent knowledge.

WHAT IF Skeletor discovered Adam was He-Man?

WHAT IF Stratos was a villain and Tri-Klops a hero, as they were originally conceived?
    WOW I would like to see the one about Skeletor discovering Adam's secret !!! Also that's a great suggestion of the Spirit of Grayskull portraying the Watcher .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    WHAT IF there was a good Skeletor and an evil He-Man that existed in a parallel universe?

WHAT IF the parallel universe crossed over with the good universe the good and Evil He-Man met each other? Kind of like that Star Trek episode where there was an evil Captain Kirk.

What IF Skeletor and He-Man switched bodies?
    I love your ideas about the parallel universes !!! Great ideas guys !!!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

Heroic Warrior
    In the DC comic Skeletor knows from the beginning that Adam is He-Man. He-Man doesn't have a secret identity in the DC canon.

The idea of Anti-He-Man from an alternative universe was brought already in the second volume of the MVC comic.

The idea of What If comics is not bad. The problem it's hard to see it happen. MOTU is not a so big franchise, that can lead DC to pubblish multiple MOTU comics, so "What if" is probably a difficult option. But for answering to the question, i would love to see "What if" stories in terms of crossover with other popular franchises that would help to expand MOTU's readership. For example "What if He-Man met the Thundercats?" and so on. Personally i would love to see "What if He-Man met Conan?". It would be great to see the two most famous barbarians to come face to face (and it's something that could be done in theory, since Dark Horse and DC have already cooperated for the recent MOTU artbook). You know like a portal open to Eternia and He-Man finds himself in the Hyborian Age. There was a couple of months ago, a cover made by the comic book artist Marko Djurdjevic that had He-Man, Conan and Death Dealer joining forces to fight against a god-like creature like Cthulhu. I don't know if it was just a fan art or an actual future project (graphic novel or comic book), but i believe it was an awesome idea:

http://marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.c...cohe-484151687
    Last edited by granamyr80; November 17, 2014 at 08:24am.

I have always liked the idea of What if Keldor never became Skeletor. What if he became a dictator after the death of his brother Randor........What if he thought he was acting for the greater good......

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Bring it on! I love What If?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What if...a new Masters of the Universe movie actually got made?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What if...a new Masters of the Universe movie actually got made?
    This
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?