Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1:4 She-Ra Bust from Tweeterhead

1:4 She-Ra Bust from Tweeterhead

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ‘She-Ra’ BUST by Tweeterhead

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeterhead
    She-Ra officially goes on Pre-Sale this Thursday, Dec 11th. The Tweeterhead version will include a certificate signed by the Filmation voice of She-Ra, Melendy Britt. We'll be teasing Skeletor on Thursday as well!!
    1:4 Scale
    Approximately 9" tall

Heroic Warrior
    They list a price yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    They list a price yet?
    Not yet. I guess we'll find out Thursday. It's pretty cool that Melendy Britt is signing the COAs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Not yet. I guess we'll find out Thursday. It's pretty cool that Melendy Britt is signing the COAs.
    I agree! Its actually made me rethink grabbing this, depending on the price.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Depending on price, I am thinking about adding these to my collection. She-Ra looks great.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Depending on price, I am thinking about adding these to my collection. She-Ra looks great.
    Price is the determining factor for me as well. I'm not optimistic.... unfortunately.

I still don't know what it is, but She-Ra seems just a little off to me. Someone on another forum said she looks a tad bit plump in the cheeks. Perhaps that is it.

It is surprising because I've been floored by everything Tweeterhead has done. Their Elvira, Munsters, and Batman '66 stuff are phenomenal, and the classic Penguin they just revealed is crazy cool.

Beastman and Skeletor look cool! Can't wait to see the full reveal on those.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; December 8, 2014 at 11:05pm.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    hmmm, I want one in blue...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Someone on another forum said she looks a tad bit plump in the cheeks.
    Derng, now that you mention it...

Not a deal breaker though I guess. My main thing is that the other sculpts looked mini comic-esque, or more primitive in angles and such, where this one more going the realism route.

I still like it okay. 30-40 range and I'd probably grab it. 45-50 is a crooked maybe, and anything higher I'll only be getting some of the others.

I think the style of the others would help the paint apps as well, with removing them from realism and all.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I love the idea of these...........but not for 129.99

I'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    I love the idea of these...........but not for 129.99

I'll pass
    Just checked to confirm this price. Yea way too much for me right now. I usually don't care for busts/statues. But these look great. But of course they're too pricey for me. Dang....

Too much for me as well unfortunately. I was hoping by some miracle they'd be under $100.

I just checked out the Tweeterhead site. There's no news, just a listing of the She-Ra bust coming with a Melendy Brit COA for 129.00. I'd wait for more details. That may not be the final/only price.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

LOVE that they got/brought Melendy in on this!

Hoping there is a less expensive version of the She-Ra bust.

Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback

I think the max for a 9'' bust you can realistically charge is in the $70-$80 range. That's how much the Doctor Who busts started out as and I was a fan. But it started to climb toward and $100 and I was out. So hopefully the price just reflects a premium for the autograph. I do like the piece a lot. But, I'm not a huge busts person in general. I am sort of tempted to just get She-Ra, since we get so littler merch for her.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think the max for a 9'' bust you can realistically charge is in the $70-$80 range. That's how much the Doctor Who busts started out as and I was a fan. But it started to climb toward and $100 and I was out. So hopefully the price just reflects a premium for the autograph. I do like the piece a lot. But, I'm not a huge busts person in general. I am sort of tempted to just get She-Ra, since we get so littler merch for her.
    That is what I am hoping as well. Fingers crossed that is what it is.

*My iTrader Feedback

Regular edition is 89.99!

Here's the news on MattyCollector.

Not sure which retailers she's at, though, for the 89.99 price.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Regular edition is 89.99!

Here's the news on MattyCollector.
    So, I wonder what retailers will be selling the regular edition?

*My iTrader Feedback

That's a decent price. Tweeterhead stuff is pretty widely available. I would think this would be the same - BBTS, Entertainment Earth, ToyWiz... all those sort of places.

These are really great. But again.....$130?? Other retailers at $90 plus shipping. So over a hundy still for these. I'd like to pop on these. But I mght be waiting for He-Man & Skeletor only now.

I hope to answer some questions if they come up?

The regular edition should be available through Sideshow Collectibles, Entertainment Earth, and likely some others soon, at the $89.99 price point without the autograph card.

The Tweeterhead price is exclusive to his site alone, where you can then get the Autographed card.

She-Ra has been great to work on, Mike Cusanelli has done an amazing job with her sculpt, and David Fisher magically brought her to life with his paints!

We know this isn't for everyone. But what we want to do, is get a bunch of busts out there to give fans another flavor for MotU collecting if you will. Yeah, the MotU market is rich right now and fans have to pick and choose where they spend their money. We respect that. There's a lot more in the works right now for these, for example… A "bone headed" villain is coming SOON.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I hope to answer some questions if they come up?

The regular edition should be available through Sideshow Collectibles, Entertainment Earth, and likely some others soon, at the $89.99 price point without the autograph card.

The Tweeterhead price is exclusive to his site alone, where you can then get the Autographed card.

She-Ra has been great to work on, Mike Cusanelli has done an amazing job with her sculpt, and David Fisher magically brought her to life with his paints!

We know this isn't for everyone. But what we want to do, is get a bunch of busts out there to give fans another flavor for MotU collecting if you will. Yeah, the MotU market is rich right now and fans have to pick and choose where they spend their money. We respect that. There's a lot more in the works right now for these, for example… A "bone headed" villain is coming SOON.

Thanks for all of the info my friend. It is much appreciated. I will be looking to purchase the regular version once I find it for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the regular version it is already up for pre-order on Sideshow Collectibles.

*My iTrader Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly the price doesn't really bother or surprise me. The thing I'm not crazy about is the size of it. Well that and I'm just not a huge fan of busts. (All though those pcs life size busts are tempting!) In my opinion if your going to do a bust this size you mine is well just do a full figured statue, or do it full figured at 1:5, 1:6, or even 1:7 scale. I'd buy that for sure, as I think it looks very good, and I like what tweeterhead is doing. I know space is also an issue for alot of people, so again just my opinion.
    Anyways if decide to get this, it has to be with Melendy Britt signature. That is an awesome exclusive or bonus !

Sideshow has it up now, for $89. Once nice thing about them is you can take advantage of FlexPay. I'm going to wait a bit and see if anyone offers a price break.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Looks like the regular version it is already up for pre-order on Sideshow Collectibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sideshow has it up now, for $89. Once nice thing about them is you can take advantage of FlexPay. I'm going to wait a bit and see if anyone offers a price break.
    Yeah, I am thinking about going with them because I will get $10 off for being a new customer.

*My iTrader Feedback