Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe / Thundercats Crossover Comic Book!!!

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar

He-man and the Thundercats

DC and Mattel are making a crossover this October

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...an-thundercats
    Last edited by Eternian Knight; July 8, 2016 at 12:24pm.

Masters of the Universe / Thundercats Crossover Comic Book!!!

Evil Robot Manager of Weenie Hut Juniors

I know Val has said in the past that MV Creations made a Thundercats vs MOTU crossover comic that was never published. I wonder if that comic informed this new crossover mini series? I hope the art of the He-Man character's will be in classic costume style and that She-Ra makes an appearance as well.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 8, 2016 at 12:35pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Sweet. At least 6 more MOTU comics. I hope it does well. I'll be getting them.

What little bit of artwork was shown seems to have the characters in their Classic looks, so that's like....a zillion thumbs up!

Heroic Warrior
    I could cry now....

A 30's old dream that as a kid i have (and i believe almost every 80's kid had) it was one day see He-Man and Lion O fighting side by side.

Two Warrior Kings. Two famous magic swords. Two Legendary 80's Fantasy franchises. Nuff said.

Many thanks to Rob David, Mattel and DC, for making this 80's kid dream finally come true

Kudos also to Mattel and DC using the Classic outfits for MOTU and Thundercats! It's a huge adding point to the already amazing news!

And another very important thing is that this is He-Man AND Thundercats not the usual Vs thing that both Marvel and DC did to the nausea. I' m getting tired of the whole hero vs hero thing, so it's amazing that MOTU and Thundercats, the heroes being heroes and fight side by side as they should.
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 8, 2016 at 12:51pm.

It's a damn shame that this is coming out and rumors are hotter than ever that both MOTUC and Thundercats is being canceled by Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    It's a damn shame that this is coming out and rumors are hotter than ever that both MOTUC and Thundercats is being canceled by Mattel.
    Agreed. Amazing news for both franchises, and cancelling the lines now, would be the worse timing that personally i' ve ever seen, if this is true.

To try to add some positive thoughts - What if Mattel are planning a combined MOTUC / ThunderCats mini-sub? Or is that too unrealistic?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Agreed. Amazing news for both franchises, and cancelling the lines now, would be the worse timing that personally i' ve ever seen, if this is true.
    As someone who is a news poster for a sports franchise, I know when there is smoke around the team there is fire and almost 80% of the time news breaks. There is too much smoke right now around MOTUC that is hard not to believe the rumors that are coming out. No talk of MOTUC at Power Con, Brandon & Toyguru overheard saying MOTUC was being canceled and now no panel for MOTUC at SDCC and rumors Matty Collector is seizing to exist. Just sad especially with this comic coming out.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! Can't wait!

This sounds great. I'm sure it will be even harder to get any Thundercats figures DOS now!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I dunno...if ThunderCats and MOTU were really getting cancelled then this product would have been shelved, right?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I dunno...if ThunderCats and MOTU were really getting cancelled then this product would have been shelved, right?
    I don't think DC goes by what Mattel does.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I know Val has said in the past that MV Creations made a Thundercats vs MOTU crossover comic that was never published.
    In an episode of RGD, Val mentioned that he had plans for a crossover. And that he spoke to Jim Lee about it.

But it never went further than that. No scripts, no concepts, no art.

I' m getting tired of the whole hero vs hero thing....
    Me too!!! Enough already! The entire point of all this stuff is Good Guys fighting Bad Guys!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope that's not what all of the artwork will look like, but I'm glad He-Man looks like He-Man.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Just another reason why I don't think they are going to be cancelled
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I hope that's not what all of the artwork will look like, but I'm glad He-Man looks like He-Man.
    The artwork is by Freddie E. Williams II, who did a really good job in the recent Batman/TNMT crossover (one of the best crossovers of all time in my opinion).

This is excellent news, really looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I know Val has said in the past that MV Creations made a Thundercats vs MOTU crossover comic that was never published. I wonder if that comic informed this new crossover mini series? I hope the art of the He-Man character's will be in classic costume style and that She-Ra makes an appearance as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    In an episode of RGD, Val mentioned that he had plans for a crossover. And that he spoke to Jim Lee about it.

But it never went further than that. No scripts, no concepts, no art.
    Yeah I was going to say that Jukka, I knew it was planned at one point but don't believe any work was completed for it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I believe we had some initial sketch try-out work done by various artists. It would have been fun! But that was years past. So time to look forward to THIS cross-over which made it finally happen, and I can't wait to check out!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

The artist of the series,Freddie Williams just posted this on Facebook!

People on In this (Thundercats Fas group) told me that Warner Brothers probably still had the publishing rights to Thundercats, which made me ask around at DC Comics, setting off a series of domino's, eventually putting me on the radar of the decision makers for this crossover, who then agreed to let me draw this crossover, thanks everyone, I hope you dig the series which debuts in October!

I'm very glad he's drawing this and he got the ball rolling again on this project! His art was so beautiful on the Batman/TMNT crossover series!I can't wait to get it!!
    Last edited by TITAN; July 8, 2016 at 02:04pm.

I never saw a Batman/TMNT crossover but if they could make that work, this should be a breeze.

This is definitely the crossover I never thought I'd see. Very glad to be given the chance for this to exist. I always wanted a Lion-O to stand by my He-Man, and now I'll have a figure and some comics for it.

Neato.

Frankly I'll be most excited to see Mum-Ra & Skeletor bounce off each other. That will not go well.

Oh yes! Dream come true! I'm gonna be on this like white on rice.

Hopefully it does well enough to get a sequel with She-Ra, Mandora and the T-Cats taking on the Horde!
    Put the Image/MVCreations comics on Comixology please!

YES!! more comics!