Thread: Speculation: 1/6 Scale Figures by PCS. Would Mattel Allow It? Would You Buy Them?

Speculation: 1/6 Scale Figures by PCS. Would Mattel Allow It? Would You Buy Them?

Pop Culture Shock announced last Sunday that they are doing 1/6 scale Street Fighter premium figures. Jerry said today that they will be $160 with as much articulation that he can jam in. He plans to release 1 every 3 months.

These are similar to what Hot Toys produce.

Someone on statue forums commented saying they should also do Mortal Kombat and MOTU figures to which Jerry responded "Such a good idea!"

It isn't much but at least deserves discussion. So what do you say? Would Mattel allow it? Would you buy them?

Yes, these are articulated figures, but they are far different from what Mattel does. I highly doubt Mattel will ever release premium figures in this scale. I don't see why they wouldn't allow PCS to make these if they are willing. I would definitely be interested.

Since Classics is ending as we know it and getting a reboot or scaling down to one accessory per figure, why not let PCS have a crack at premium scaled figures. Maybe if they just stick to the heavy hitters, I can't see why they wouldn't be successful, I would buy them for sure.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    -- edit --

I got overly excited and jumped the gun.

I thought we were talking about 6" staues with dope ass bases and stuff, hahaha.

I'll keep what I posted before because I was so hyped about it. But for 1/6th scale figures. I'd need to see the articulation on the Street Fighter versions. That's a bit large to start on. I'd rather see the statues, they generally look better than standard figures, but you never know! I love Hot Toys Avengers stuff. I see no reason these wouldn't be great.

--------

I'd probably buy every single one

I don't feel an overwhelming need to pose my figures. Generally it's just to get some dynamic life from them. If they were preposed by PCS, they would have that built in, and look fantastic.

We wouldn't need to worry about paint apps, they'd be great.

We wouldn't need to keep one moc, so I'd really only need to buy one instead of two, which would help in the cost conversion.

I can't think of too many things I'd rather see.

Great idea.
    Last edited by Jawbridge; July 23, 2014 at 10:22am.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Here are pics of the Ryu buck and a comparison shot next to a 1/4 scale statue to help people get a feel for what we are talking about here.

3B32AB61-23B2-44C1-8D9C-D5246317C648.jpg

IMG_23148229770671_zpsxcyjicig.jpeg

That looks better than the statue.

I'm a little worried about the clothes. You can get into some cheesy looking stuff with MOTU, but that Ryu statue, erm, figure, is stunning for sure.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I'm sure I'd get He-Man, but that'd be it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Here are pics of the Ryu buck and a comparison shot next to a 1/4 scale statue to help people get a feel for what we are talking about here.

3B32AB61-23B2-44C1-8D9C-D5246317C648.jpg

IMG_23148229770671_zpsxcyjicig.jpeg

That's a useful guide/comparison to have - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm sure I'd get He-Man, but that'd be it.
    I have my 6 favs from the core group:

Skeletor, Beastman, Merman, Evil Lynn, He-Man and Teela. (Trap Jaw and Faker are also general includes). Then I have the list of figs I enjoyed most when I was a kid.

I'd honestly pick characters up from these lists in just about any incarnation they appeared, provided funds worked out.

Plus, anything that looked awesome.

But at this scale, I really would need to pick and choose. I can't keep jamming stuff all over the place. Though if it's good enough, I don't mind replacing older stuff.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    That would be so awesome!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!