Thread: Chance for Alcala style Skeletor statue?

Chance for Alcala style Skeletor statue?

Since there is Filmation statue line going on currently, what do you think are the chances of getting selected characters in early mini-comic style? I would of course be very interested in Alcala style Skeletor.

Do you think there is a chance with the current license holders?

Oh man, the Filmation stuff hasn't done anything for me, but I'd be all over these.

Yeah, I am glad the Filmation fans get what they want... but I do not see myself buying any of the statues. However, Mini-comic statues would be awesome. However it would require sculpting to be really good.

I have to add that life-size busts and that size would be still too much for me. So please, lets not go there

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    For a statue I prefer something with more grit and detail to the filmation ones.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Yeah, the Filmation ones are neat but for the size and price I also would like more detail. And the busts don't really look like anything we know, so that doesn't work for me either. But Alcala-style full-body statues—either large or even just 8 or 10 inches, would be amazing.

Alcala MOTU statues would be awesome, I would give away all MOTUC figures for something like that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Id be happy if there was a regular version and the exclusive came with the 2nd alcala head to swap out, this would be pretty neat.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Id be happy if there was a regular version and the exclusive came with the 2nd alcala head to swap out, this would be pretty neat.
    I think to do Alcala's style justice in statue form, it would need to be sculpted entirely in that style. Classics does it fairly ok as it is, but for statue I think vision should be 100% to something, not relay on add-on heads. Its like Alcala head would not work in Filmation line as alternative head for the Skeletor.

Also why hasn't Baena found this thread yet?

One thing I'd love to see is for them to do multi-character statues that are vignettes from Alcala's work. That'd be really cool.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    One thing I'd love to see is for them to do multi-character statues that are vignettes from Alcala's work. That'd be really cool.
    If they did a mini diorama A la' McFarlane Toys style but in Alcala's art style, my head would explode. I'd make a great big withdrawal from the bank and throw all that money at that toy.

Diorama is not a bad idea at all, he has some very iconic poses like:

Skeletor on Grayskull throne would be awesome:

Bigger scenes could work too:

However, such huge dioramas would cost a lot. I would start with individual characters in poses that work induvidually, rather than 1000 dollar complex diorama (even if they are cool looking).